Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Gen 1 Lairs
1 2 3 4 5
i love hatching G1s myself, makes them really special when RNG decides to smile upon me and gift this forever reminder of it. and finishing all their genes is a great sense of accomplishment!
i love hatching G1s myself, makes them really special when RNG decides to smile upon me and gift this forever reminder of it. and finishing all their genes is a great sense of accomplishment!
yzUX307.png
I've recently been switching to a gen1 lair. For many reasons already stated. A clean slate for lore, the sense of accomplishment when you get to apply the breed change or gene you've been saving up for, a sense of satisfaction when both parents and offspring say "none"...
I do think I get a lot more easily attached to gen1s. There's something about investing all that time and thought and treasure into making them as pretty as I can.
It's also nice because I prefer a more sparse lair (I've never had more than 15 dragons that weren't fodder) and it's easy to say no to a pretty dragon when I am trying to only have gen1s.
I've recently been switching to a gen1 lair. For many reasons already stated. A clean slate for lore, the sense of accomplishment when you get to apply the breed change or gene you've been saving up for, a sense of satisfaction when both parents and offspring say "none"...
I do think I get a lot more easily attached to gen1s. There's something about investing all that time and thought and treasure into making them as pretty as I can.
It's also nice because I prefer a more sparse lair (I've never had more than 15 dragons that weren't fodder) and it's easy to say no to a pretty dragon when I am trying to only have gen1s.
Go placidly amid the noise and the haste, and remember what peace there may be in silence.
As far as possible, without surrender, be on good terms with all persons.
Speak your truth quietly and clearly; and listen to others, even to the dull and the ignorant;
they too have their story.
they just feel more rewarding to me i guess
they just feel more rewarding to me i guess
ampharos.png 20 | any pronouns | about me | accents |
So many reasons!

-- That blank slate for lore is just chef's kiss
-- The "none/none" looks clean and neat.
-- The thrill of hatching eggs and getting an unexpectedly pretty dragon. Bonus points for matchy color combos I wouldn't have thought of on my own. All the duds are worth it for that one special dragon.
-- I get way more attached to dragons I've gened up from scratch.
So many reasons!

-- That blank slate for lore is just chef's kiss
-- The "none/none" looks clean and neat.
-- The thrill of hatching eggs and getting an unexpectedly pretty dragon. Bonus points for matchy color combos I wouldn't have thought of on my own. All the duds are worth it for that one special dragon.
-- I get way more attached to dragons I've gened up from scratch.
5mDnfD3.png
They look unique most of the time! You're more likely to get a uncommon color combo, plus, you have to be creative when making them look pretty! I would have never gone for a python/hex/smoke dragon right off the bat, but I can't imagine my gal looking any better.
They look unique most of the time! You're more likely to get a uncommon color combo, plus, you have to be creative when making them look pretty! I would have never gone for a python/hex/smoke dragon right off the bat, but I can't imagine my gal looking any better.
I like gen ones as I like unlocking their potential. I breed the heck out of them which is also fun as my gen one pairs generally don’t have extremely close ranges so there is some variety in the offspring
I like gen ones as I like unlocking their potential. I breed the heck out of them which is also fun as my gen one pairs generally don’t have extremely close ranges so there is some variety in the offspring
3DS Friend Code: 5300-9941-4980
#UnnamedIsValid .:. Nature Sales Thread .:. Strider Subspecies
[quote name="xiq" date="2020-02-07 03:49:20" ] there’s just something really satisfying about hovering over a bunch of dragons and they all say “First Generation” [/quote] So much this. But also - having first gens makes it easier for me to get attached to them? I don't like obtaining something easily - it means I don't ascribe any emotional connection to them. If I have to spend the time and effort geneing up my dragons, they build a personal story behind them, and I love each and every one of them even after the new and shiny factor has worn off.
xiq wrote on 2020-02-07 03:49:20:
there’s just something really satisfying about hovering over a bunch of dragons and they all say “First Generation”
So much this.

But also - having first gens makes it easier for me to get attached to them? I don't like obtaining something easily - it means I don't ascribe any emotional connection to them. If I have to spend the time and effort geneing up my dragons, they build a personal story behind them, and I love each and every one of them even after the new and shiny factor has worn off.
tumblr_inline_omxl63fueX1s9ucgw_500.gif
XPDxt22.png
i like being able to point to a dragon and go 'i made this'
i like being able to point to a dragon and go 'i made this'
a8byJKr.gif
They feel so much more valuable to me, something completely empty. Each one was a roll of the dice (usually) on my end and it's so rewarding to see fully gened G1s... Or not gene them and at least have an excuse as to why your lair is filled with triple basic.
They feel so much more valuable to me, something completely empty. Each one was a roll of the dice (usually) on my end and it's so rewarding to see fully gened G1s... Or not gene them and at least have an excuse as to why your lair is filled with triple basic.
Who can take tomorrow, dip it in a dream, separate the sorrow and collect up all the cream?

The candyman can 'cause he mixes it with love and makes the world taste good.

I like the control. Unbred G1s have no permanent connections to other users or their dragons and I am free write lore as I please without making unfortunate implications about the dragon's clan of origin (owned by another, real user).

I like the challenge. G1s are the unholy children of RNG and money. You cannot control what colours they hatch with, but you can bring out their potential! Thanks to FR's level of dragon customization you can start with a plain, basic dragon and work it up all the way to a fully gened masterpiece. Only takes some sweat and elbow grease.
It also feels really nice to take a questionable XYZ coloured dragon into the morphology and end up planning something you never even knew you wanted.

I like the connection. My nearly never-ending G1 projects give me a longterm goal to constantly work towards on FR.
Also, when I plan out a project and spend time working towards the end result, I end up feeling far more connected to the dragon. I feel more like I actually own the dragon I put my hard work into; It's my carefully planned gene choice, my hours of grinding the Coli or Fairgrounds that got the dragon from basic Fae to gem-gened wildclaw!
Otherwise, I just buy it, dress it, and then... never really get to focus on it again.
I like the control. Unbred G1s have no permanent connections to other users or their dragons and I am free write lore as I please without making unfortunate implications about the dragon's clan of origin (owned by another, real user).

I like the challenge. G1s are the unholy children of RNG and money. You cannot control what colours they hatch with, but you can bring out their potential! Thanks to FR's level of dragon customization you can start with a plain, basic dragon and work it up all the way to a fully gened masterpiece. Only takes some sweat and elbow grease.
It also feels really nice to take a questionable XYZ coloured dragon into the morphology and end up planning something you never even knew you wanted.

I like the connection. My nearly never-ending G1 projects give me a longterm goal to constantly work towards on FR.
Also, when I plan out a project and spend time working towards the end result, I end up feeling far more connected to the dragon. I feel more like I actually own the dragon I put my hard work into; It's my carefully planned gene choice, my hours of grinding the Coli or Fairgrounds that got the dragon from basic Fae to gem-gened wildclaw!
Otherwise, I just buy it, dress it, and then... never really get to focus on it again.
shadow_banner.pngA shadowy dragon which is representative of Zenzic's persona. An original design.shadow_banner.png
Imagination is the reality of our dreamscape.
1 2 3 4 5