Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Does your clan produce goods?
1 2 3 4 5
There's hardly visitors to the outcasts, but I would assume that any dragon brave enough to willingly encounter them would find they have very meager offerings, with the exception of rare rotshrooms and various roots and spices, but none of them are all too valuable in their own right without much demand.
Their fighting skills however, while some are afraid to get their claws dirty in any sense, others are incredibly tough and (cautiously) willing to be hired to fight, assuming they aren't jailed for their various reasons of exile.
There's hardly visitors to the outcasts, but I would assume that any dragon brave enough to willingly encounter them would find they have very meager offerings, with the exception of rare rotshrooms and various roots and spices, but none of them are all too valuable in their own right without much demand.
Their fighting skills however, while some are afraid to get their claws dirty in any sense, others are incredibly tough and (cautiously) willing to be hired to fight, assuming they aren't jailed for their various reasons of exile.
7qCl3Ny.png
They produce ridiculous number of weapons and armor, as well as some clothes. To be honest, considering my clan's ultimate goal, they would invest a big chunk of their resources into growing their army, and that would require lots of weapons and armor.

The main reason why I say lots of weapons and armor (weapons especially) is because I like the idea of my dragons holding ridiculously over-designed fantasy swords lmao
They produce ridiculous number of weapons and armor, as well as some clothes. To be honest, considering my clan's ultimate goal, they would invest a big chunk of their resources into growing their army, and that would require lots of weapons and armor.

The main reason why I say lots of weapons and armor (weapons especially) is because I like the idea of my dragons holding ridiculously over-designed fantasy swords lmao
nK1fyjz.png astramaru

she/her

» wishlist
» about
» lore
My clan is separated into subclans. The one that pertains to this question are called Marchiantniks. They're the middle class folk who have access to different materials than the upperclass, so they are able to produce the weapons, armor, jewelry, and other metal goods. However, those are mostly sold to the Noblichs.

They also keep farms with animals that produce milk, eggs, and meat. Their ground is different from the Earth the Noblichs and Erudants live on, so they grow different spices. Those usually stay within the Marchiantnik sect though, and many other subclans have a certain bias against their food.

The Plebeyeus are the peasants, and they serve the upperclass as butlers, maids, chauffeurs, etc. The Untouchables perform many of the services that the higher class denizens refuse to carry out. They take work wherever they can which includes repairing machines, delegating water back up to the floating landmasses, roadwork, sewer maintenance, etc.
My clan is separated into subclans. The one that pertains to this question are called Marchiantniks. They're the middle class folk who have access to different materials than the upperclass, so they are able to produce the weapons, armor, jewelry, and other metal goods. However, those are mostly sold to the Noblichs.

They also keep farms with animals that produce milk, eggs, and meat. Their ground is different from the Earth the Noblichs and Erudants live on, so they grow different spices. Those usually stay within the Marchiantnik sect though, and many other subclans have a certain bias against their food.

The Plebeyeus are the peasants, and they serve the upperclass as butlers, maids, chauffeurs, etc. The Untouchables perform many of the services that the higher class denizens refuse to carry out. They take work wherever they can which includes repairing machines, delegating water back up to the floating landmasses, roadwork, sewer maintenance, etc.
tumblr_oswio1jT2U1v8lm95o4_100.giftumblr_oswio1jT2U1v8lm95o2_100.gif
Oh boy.... yes they do.

Main Territory of Twisting Lights:

The main territory on the Plateau grows many different crops of water-loving fruits and vegetables. There are vast gardens lining many of the rolling grassy hills. The bamboo forest of Twisting Lights also provides the clan with a hefty supply of bamboo each year. There is also a bee farm that produces enough honey that it can be shipped out in large quantities to all of the clan's territories.

The Harbor of Wysteria:

Wysteria harbors most of the clan's collection of airships and hot air balloons. The dragons who live here are in charge of transporting all sorts of goods between the clan's many territories across Sornieth. They also bring supplies to other clans who are allied to the Clan of the Twisting Lights.

In Wysteria, there also lives a kite maker who specializes in crafting fabrics of extreme beauty and strength. Though she started out as a kite maker (and this is still where her passion lies) her fabrics are valued across the plateau and beyond. Her work can be used in kites, apparel, or anything that requires durable fabric. Her collection of fabrics bring in a lot of treasure and gems for Wysteria.

Enigma of the Clock Tower:

Enigma is a clock tower in the Lightning Farm that signals the start and end of shift times. The dragons there build many mechanical contraptions and machines that can be sent to the other territories but its largest export is lavender. Fields upon fields of lavender grow around the clock tower that are cultivated and harvested by the dragons of Enigma.

The Stained Citadel upon the Whispering Hilltop:

The Stained Citadel is basically a magic school but its only for the elite among the elite. Many dragons who come to settle in Twisting Lights tend to have mysterious and powerful magic. The Citadel is where they can go to hone and learn to control their abilities.

Willow House within the Old Wood:

Willow House grows plants used in spells and rituals. They also store other magical ingredients that are hard to find in the other territories. Willow House is also a magic school of sorts but its much more informal than the Stained Citadel and those who study there don't have to be prodigies. The witches and wizards there will teach anyone willing to learn.

The Shrine of Reflection:

The Shrine grows spices and desert fruits. Sages also grow plentifully there. The Shrine supplies spices to all the other territories of Twisting Lights.

Rivereth/Windstar Island:

Rivereth (the underwater kingdom) and Windstar Island's main export is fish. The clan's fisherdragons provide fish for all the territories of Twisting Lights.

The Silver Havens:

The Silver Havens forges weapons of extreme beauty and deadliness. The weapons made there rival the best weapons that come out of the Ashfall Wastes.

Isles of the Sun Halos:

Location: High above the shared water channel in between the Tangled Wood, Viridian Labyrinth, and the Sunbeam Ruins.

These floating islands are the headquarters of the Twisting Lights Post and Delivery Service. The dragons who run the post write about the most current events happening in Sornieth and send out newspapers to clans all across Sornieth. They also deliver messages between the Twisting Light territories.

Imla Aétheil:

Imla Aétheil is a homely house within the shrieking wilds that studies and records and preserves historical artifacts, scrolls, and texts.

Uh.... I could probably add more but this is enough for now. And these aren't even all our territories but the others don't produce a ton of goods so...
Oh boy.... yes they do.

Main Territory of Twisting Lights:

The main territory on the Plateau grows many different crops of water-loving fruits and vegetables. There are vast gardens lining many of the rolling grassy hills. The bamboo forest of Twisting Lights also provides the clan with a hefty supply of bamboo each year. There is also a bee farm that produces enough honey that it can be shipped out in large quantities to all of the clan's territories.

The Harbor of Wysteria:

Wysteria harbors most of the clan's collection of airships and hot air balloons. The dragons who live here are in charge of transporting all sorts of goods between the clan's many territories across Sornieth. They also bring supplies to other clans who are allied to the Clan of the Twisting Lights.

In Wysteria, there also lives a kite maker who specializes in crafting fabrics of extreme beauty and strength. Though she started out as a kite maker (and this is still where her passion lies) her fabrics are valued across the plateau and beyond. Her work can be used in kites, apparel, or anything that requires durable fabric. Her collection of fabrics bring in a lot of treasure and gems for Wysteria.

Enigma of the Clock Tower:

Enigma is a clock tower in the Lightning Farm that signals the start and end of shift times. The dragons there build many mechanical contraptions and machines that can be sent to the other territories but its largest export is lavender. Fields upon fields of lavender grow around the clock tower that are cultivated and harvested by the dragons of Enigma.

The Stained Citadel upon the Whispering Hilltop:

The Stained Citadel is basically a magic school but its only for the elite among the elite. Many dragons who come to settle in Twisting Lights tend to have mysterious and powerful magic. The Citadel is where they can go to hone and learn to control their abilities.

Willow House within the Old Wood:

Willow House grows plants used in spells and rituals. They also store other magical ingredients that are hard to find in the other territories. Willow House is also a magic school of sorts but its much more informal than the Stained Citadel and those who study there don't have to be prodigies. The witches and wizards there will teach anyone willing to learn.

The Shrine of Reflection:

The Shrine grows spices and desert fruits. Sages also grow plentifully there. The Shrine supplies spices to all the other territories of Twisting Lights.

Rivereth/Windstar Island:

Rivereth (the underwater kingdom) and Windstar Island's main export is fish. The clan's fisherdragons provide fish for all the territories of Twisting Lights.

The Silver Havens:

The Silver Havens forges weapons of extreme beauty and deadliness. The weapons made there rival the best weapons that come out of the Ashfall Wastes.

Isles of the Sun Halos:

Location: High above the shared water channel in between the Tangled Wood, Viridian Labyrinth, and the Sunbeam Ruins.

These floating islands are the headquarters of the Twisting Lights Post and Delivery Service. The dragons who run the post write about the most current events happening in Sornieth and send out newspapers to clans all across Sornieth. They also deliver messages between the Twisting Light territories.

Imla Aétheil:

Imla Aétheil is a homely house within the shrieking wilds that studies and records and preserves historical artifacts, scrolls, and texts.

Uh.... I could probably add more but this is enough for now. And these aren't even all our territories but the others don't produce a ton of goods so...
XriSV9h.gif
My clan produces largely inorganic materials, typically weaponry. Examples include cold steel (a special type of steel that's hard but very rigid), block of ice, electric lanterns, and other metalwork. They have their own currency although outside currency is accepted. Probably have a money exchange
My clan produces largely inorganic materials, typically weaponry. Examples include cold steel (a special type of steel that's hard but very rigid), block of ice, electric lanterns, and other metalwork. They have their own currency although outside currency is accepted. Probably have a money exchange
tumblr_o95tvaQl9V1tv56zio6_250.png
Loki - They/Them - FR Time 0+
Lore thread (WIP)
Dressing Service
Call of the Deep Lineage Project
My unwritten lore...
MAAAFIAAAAAA

They do crimes and be cool!!!

They smuggle things but not the bad things.

Funky lil tariff doggers

They don't make persay, but smuggle
My unwritten lore...
MAAAFIAAAAAA

They do crimes and be cool!!!

They smuggle things but not the bad things.

Funky lil tariff doggers

They don't make persay, but smuggle
Waystone2.giftihutbH.pngnk0fJDk.pngrnj5WRD.pngWaystone1.gif ZhWd0U3.png
[/center]
Yes! Part of the circus is a marketplace - we have a few artisans (a glassblower, a sculptor, etc.) and also some merchants and traders who sell what they've gathered on their travels. Direct purchases via treasure or gems are preferred, 'cause...y'know...money, but we're very cool with bartering. Depending on who you're dealing with, anything from materials to hatchlings is fair trade.
I'm surprised I don't have any farmers/ranchers, actually, because I can definitely see having an entire faction that produced natural products like pelts and foods. Hm.
Yes! Part of the circus is a marketplace - we have a few artisans (a glassblower, a sculptor, etc.) and also some merchants and traders who sell what they've gathered on their travels. Direct purchases via treasure or gems are preferred, 'cause...y'know...money, but we're very cool with bartering. Depending on who you're dealing with, anything from materials to hatchlings is fair trade.
I'm surprised I don't have any farmers/ranchers, actually, because I can definitely see having an entire faction that produced natural products like pelts and foods. Hm.
FObX7rS.png
BzjAkuF.png
5hF3FGk.png
yUgY90m.png
Hey, I'm Charlie!
she/they
nonbinary & queer
my clan does airshows, mostly for big events like elemental festivals but they'll fly anywhere if they're paid enough. their preferred currencies are treasure and gems but they'll also accept gears and spare parts (Delver Parts, Tracker Engine etc)
my clan does airshows, mostly for big events like elemental festivals but they'll fly anywhere if they're paid enough. their preferred currencies are treasure and gems but they'll also accept gears and spare parts (Delver Parts, Tracker Engine etc)
nN0tSiK.png7PSccRO.pngsIB6VNJ.pngG1JDeXL.png
They produce hatchlings to sell as fodder for any flight willing to buy

im kidding they just kinda exist
They produce hatchlings to sell as fodder for any flight willing to buy

im kidding they just kinda exist
I used to display all my meme numbers here, but honestly im tired off that
i will still say that i own the #420 saved scry
alchemy goods and one fae is a master at making alcohol his name is Binks...
alchemy goods and one fae is a master at making alcohol his name is Binks...
1 2 3 4 5