Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Questions for exalting lairs
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
With finally having stoned up my custom progen, I've started to consider taking up exalting for a living. I've trained up fodder before, and enjoyed it a lot more than I thought I would, which is why I'm now considering it. I'm not completely knowledgeable in the world of exalting, however, so here's some questions I've got!
  • Where do you store your permas (lair/hibden)?
  • Which is more lucrative: buying fodder or breeding it?
  • How many trainers do you have? How many would you say is the bare minimum?
  • What venue do you use?
  • Does it take a long time to make bank?
  • Is there a set date that you're supposed to exalt (for dominance)? Does it come by often?
  • How old was your account when you took up exalting?
  • What level do you exalt to?
  • Do you allow people to buy fodder from you? If so, what's the price you have set?

If there's anything else that you think I should know, please include it!
With finally having stoned up my custom progen, I've started to consider taking up exalting for a living. I've trained up fodder before, and enjoyed it a lot more than I thought I would, which is why I'm now considering it. I'm not completely knowledgeable in the world of exalting, however, so here's some questions I've got!
  • Where do you store your permas (lair/hibden)?
  • Which is more lucrative: buying fodder or breeding it?
  • How many trainers do you have? How many would you say is the bare minimum?
  • What venue do you use?
  • Does it take a long time to make bank?
  • Is there a set date that you're supposed to exalt (for dominance)? Does it come by often?
  • How old was your account when you took up exalting?
  • What level do you exalt to?
  • Do you allow people to buy fodder from you? If so, what's the price you have set?

If there's anything else that you think I should know, please include it!
x ~~ BITE THE HAND THAT FEEDS ~~ x
rKplWBX.gifhaNz1K4.gifSyuvpdB.gif
x ~~ CHEW UNTIL IT BLEEDS ~~ x
- I store my permas split between main and hibernal den, depending on if they're "display" dragons or sentimental, etc.
- I buy and breed fodder. Then the parents are fodder after their nest hatches. I go through many fodder dragons each week, so I'm always rotating nests or dragons in and out of the den as they grow up. Every day, I pull out hatchlings who have grown up from the hibernal den to train/exalt. I usually also buy off the auction house in large quantities.
- I use 1 trainer and train 2 at once in the Mire.
- Mire, just because I prefer it to GR or any other venue in a similar level range. Decent mobs, decent loot, especially now that Eliminate drops there.
- No, I can make millions of treasure in a day if I really have nothing better to do. You'll be surprised how fast money stacks up.
- You have to exalt before rollover on Saturday night if you're looking to support a flight.
- I started exalting pretty early on, maybe 6 or so months into playing.
- I exalt to level 6 normally, and level 7 during these mini holidays.
- People can buy fodder from me if they message and ask for it. I usually charge what I would get for exalting, so about 10kt.

Exalting is a great means of profit. It's a bit mindless but there are days I can really churn out a great deal of dragons.
- I store my permas split between main and hibernal den, depending on if they're "display" dragons or sentimental, etc.
- I buy and breed fodder. Then the parents are fodder after their nest hatches. I go through many fodder dragons each week, so I'm always rotating nests or dragons in and out of the den as they grow up. Every day, I pull out hatchlings who have grown up from the hibernal den to train/exalt. I usually also buy off the auction house in large quantities.
- I use 1 trainer and train 2 at once in the Mire.
- Mire, just because I prefer it to GR or any other venue in a similar level range. Decent mobs, decent loot, especially now that Eliminate drops there.
- No, I can make millions of treasure in a day if I really have nothing better to do. You'll be surprised how fast money stacks up.
- You have to exalt before rollover on Saturday night if you're looking to support a flight.
- I started exalting pretty early on, maybe 6 or so months into playing.
- I exalt to level 6 normally, and level 7 during these mini holidays.
- People can buy fodder from me if they message and ask for it. I usually charge what I would get for exalting, so about 10kt.

Exalting is a great means of profit. It's a bit mindless but there are days I can really churn out a great deal of dragons.
yfM68XN.gif
@Membrane

Welcome to the world of exalting!

1. It's a mixture between h-den and lair for me.

2. Breeding offers higher payment since you got the dragon for free, so it's pure profit. However, buying fodder is far more reliable and faster. Sure your profits can be eaten into a little, but when you can exalt 100 dragons in a day you bought versus maybe 25 you bred, it more than makes up for the loss.

3. Bare minimum 1 trainer. I have a 119str mireflyer (my go to trainer), a anticitank for the ghostlight, and a crystal pools leveler. I also have a pair for the golem workshop, but I really don't like that venue.

4. I use the mire the most, but the ghostlight and crystal pools can be a nice change of pace.

5. Depends on how much time you have to invest, but I don't think it takes very long for the profit to start rolling in as not only are you making profit from exalting, you have all the drops too!

6. For dominance all dragons must be exalted before rollover on Saturday for them to count.

7. Maybe a year? I don't remember to be honest.

8. I level to 5-7. Depends on the fodder floor.

9. If someone asks me quick enough then sure. I ask for the price I'd receive if I were to send to a flight's buy thread. So if I was going to level the dragon to 6 and the buy thread's price was 15kt for a level 6, I'd ask for 15kt.
@Membrane

Welcome to the world of exalting!

1. It's a mixture between h-den and lair for me.

2. Breeding offers higher payment since you got the dragon for free, so it's pure profit. However, buying fodder is far more reliable and faster. Sure your profits can be eaten into a little, but when you can exalt 100 dragons in a day you bought versus maybe 25 you bred, it more than makes up for the loss.

3. Bare minimum 1 trainer. I have a 119str mireflyer (my go to trainer), a anticitank for the ghostlight, and a crystal pools leveler. I also have a pair for the golem workshop, but I really don't like that venue.

4. I use the mire the most, but the ghostlight and crystal pools can be a nice change of pace.

5. Depends on how much time you have to invest, but I don't think it takes very long for the profit to start rolling in as not only are you making profit from exalting, you have all the drops too!

6. For dominance all dragons must be exalted before rollover on Saturday for them to count.

7. Maybe a year? I don't remember to be honest.

8. I level to 5-7. Depends on the fodder floor.

9. If someone asks me quick enough then sure. I ask for the price I'd receive if I were to send to a flight's buy thread. So if I was going to level the dragon to 6 and the buy thread's price was 15kt for a level 6, I'd ask for 15kt.
ZryO5nF.pngW38Mj4I.pngU15OJEU.pngywWF0OY.pngZryO5nF.png
Where do you store your permas (lair/hibden)?
-lair atm since I don’t have too many permas. But I plan to move my perma gen 1s to the hibden once I unlock more slots (I’m gonna keep the non gen 1s in the lair so they can breed fodder)

Which is more lucrative: buying fodder or breeding it?
- breeding is better because you get 100% of the profits. So I suggest trying to unlock as many lair slots and nest slots to maximize breeding. But I do both since I tend to burn through my own bred fodder pretty quickly. You can never have too much dragons to train, to exalt, and to profit from.

How many trainers do you have? How many would you say is the bare minimum?
What venue do you use?
- The bare minimum is 1 trainer, someone that can train 2 dragons at a time. I have 5 level 25 trainers, but I usually stick to my mire flier and my ruins monk. With that being said, I train in both ghostlight ruins and mire. I prefer the ruins since imo the drops are better there lol. And when the drops are better, that means I can sell those in the ah as well, which means more money >:D

Does it take a long time to make bank?
- Not really. Especially now that there’s frigidfin so more exp, and that nature has a public buy.

Is there a set date that you're supposed to exalt (for dominance)? Does it come by often?
- Before rollover.

How old was your account when you took up exalting?
- 1 year old. I started fr around 2014, got my first lvl25 dragon around the end of 2014 and the rest was history.

What level do you exalt to?
- 6-8 it depends. 6 if the fodder floor is low, 8 if there’s a micro holiday to make leveling faster. I do 7 in between, depends on my mood.

Do you allow people to buy fodder from you? If so, what's the price you have set?
- No. For me it’s better off to level my own fodder because you’ll earn more. Selling my bred fodder for like 7k on the ah isn’t as good as maybe leveling one and exalting it to get like 11k treasure. Unless the person is asking to buy preleveled fodder, then I’ll sell it for what I’d get for exalting
-lair atm since I don’t have too many permas. But I plan to move my perma gen 1s to the hibden once I unlock more slots (I’m gonna keep the non gen 1s in the lair so they can breed fodder)

- breeding is better because you get 100% of the profits. So I suggest trying to unlock as many lair slots and nest slots to maximize breeding. But I do both since I tend to burn through my own bred fodder pretty quickly. You can never have too much dragons to train, to exalt, and to profit from.

What venue do you use?
- The bare minimum is 1 trainer, someone that can train 2 dragons at a time. I have 5 level 25 trainers, but I usually stick to my mire flier and my ruins monk. With that being said, I train in both ghostlight ruins and mire. I prefer the ruins since imo the drops are better there lol. And when the drops are better, that means I can sell those in the ah as well, which means more money >:D

- Not really. Especially now that there’s frigidfin so more exp, and that nature has a public buy.

Is there a set date that you're supposed to exalt (for dominance)? Does it come by often?
- Before rollover.

- 1 year old. I started fr around 2014, got my first lvl25 dragon around the end of 2014 and the rest was history.

- 6-8 it depends. 6 if the fodder floor is low, 8 if there’s a micro holiday to make leveling faster. I do 7 in between, depends on my mood.

Do you allow people to buy fodder from you? If so, what's the price you have set?
- No. For me it’s better off to level my own fodder because you’ll earn more. Selling my bred fodder for like 7k on the ah isn’t as good as maybe leveling one and exalting it to get like 11k treasure. Unless the person is asking to buy preleveled fodder, then I’ll sell it for what I’d get for exalting
8atStKf.png8KhZull.png
My opinions/experiences:
  • I have few permas, so I keep them in my lair. If I had more, I'd probably keep them in the den to save lair space. Right now I have more lair space than my daily needs though, so it isn't a big deal.
  • Both! If you're trying to maximize profit you should be breeding dragons as often as possible. Common breeds have shorter cooldowns so they're better for this purpose, though I have pretty and more expensive pairs because I like them haha. Breeding fodder supplements buying fodder. I buy hatchies for 4kt-5kt, shove them in the den to grow up (so I don't have to feed them), then train and exalt. I try to always exalt around 30 dragons a day, far more if I'm focused on making profit.
  • I have a bunch, like 8 maybe? None gets more use than my mire flyer. I consider one Mire Flyer or Ghostlight trainer the bare minimum.
  • The Mire, mostly. I'm used to it and I think it's faster than Ghostlight.
  • The best thing about training is that you can easily make a decent amount of profit just by buying adult fodder and training/exalting it the same day. It only takes a few days to get your fodder breeders/hatchling buying up and running. Plus profit from those sweet, sweet drops, and you can make a ton of money off of food sales.
  • If your flight has a push, you should exalt your dragons generally any time during the week your flight is pushing. You can check your flight's dominance forums or the Dom Watch thread that pops up here for push schedules. Some flights will organize coordinated exalting efforts at the ends of pushes, I know Lightning once upon a time used to have a program sorta like that, but otherwise any time of the week is fine.
  • Maybe a year and a half old? I took a huge hiatus (made an account and immediately split) when I started here, but I remember quickly jumping into exalting when I returned.
  • 7. I believe 6 is the most efficient for time:profit, but I'm stubborn.
  • Yeah, if they think the dragon is pretty, need it for a breeding project, etc. I generally don't sell my fodder as fodder because it's more profitable for me to level and exalt.
  • The last thing I have to add is to make sure you keep up with the push schedule! A lot of times flights will be conquesting and have a public buy/raffle where they offer payouts that are above what you would get for exalting a dragon yourself. Definitely take advantage of these!
My opinions/experiences:
  • I have few permas, so I keep them in my lair. If I had more, I'd probably keep them in the den to save lair space. Right now I have more lair space than my daily needs though, so it isn't a big deal.
  • Both! If you're trying to maximize profit you should be breeding dragons as often as possible. Common breeds have shorter cooldowns so they're better for this purpose, though I have pretty and more expensive pairs because I like them haha. Breeding fodder supplements buying fodder. I buy hatchies for 4kt-5kt, shove them in the den to grow up (so I don't have to feed them), then train and exalt. I try to always exalt around 30 dragons a day, far more if I'm focused on making profit.
  • I have a bunch, like 8 maybe? None gets more use than my mire flyer. I consider one Mire Flyer or Ghostlight trainer the bare minimum.
  • The Mire, mostly. I'm used to it and I think it's faster than Ghostlight.
  • The best thing about training is that you can easily make a decent amount of profit just by buying adult fodder and training/exalting it the same day. It only takes a few days to get your fodder breeders/hatchling buying up and running. Plus profit from those sweet, sweet drops, and you can make a ton of money off of food sales.
  • If your flight has a push, you should exalt your dragons generally any time during the week your flight is pushing. You can check your flight's dominance forums or the Dom Watch thread that pops up here for push schedules. Some flights will organize coordinated exalting efforts at the ends of pushes, I know Lightning once upon a time used to have a program sorta like that, but otherwise any time of the week is fine.
  • Maybe a year and a half old? I took a huge hiatus (made an account and immediately split) when I started here, but I remember quickly jumping into exalting when I returned.
  • 7. I believe 6 is the most efficient for time:profit, but I'm stubborn.
  • Yeah, if they think the dragon is pretty, need it for a breeding project, etc. I generally don't sell my fodder as fodder because it's more profitable for me to level and exalt.
  • The last thing I have to add is to make sure you keep up with the push schedule! A lot of times flights will be conquesting and have a public buy/raffle where they offer payouts that are above what you would get for exalting a dragon yourself. Definitely take advantage of these!
td9UiZS.png
Right now I've got them both places, but that's because of breeding projects. I'd prefer to have most of them out in my lair because what's the point of having them if they're not out where you can see them, but the project pairs take too much space.

That probably depends on how much time and effort you put in it. I mostly just exalt hatchlings I've bred that don't sell because I don't have time (or the physical resilience to risk carpal tunnel) to do more. Some buy them young and cheap and then resell for more once they've aged. If you have the space that seems like a quick way to do it.

How many trainers do you have? How many would you say is the bare minimum? What venue do you use?
If they're statted right you can get by with one in the Mire which is popular. I use 2 in the Kelp Beds. This is the stat guide I used which has both.

Depends on what you mean and how you do it. Not much help there I know.

Dominance is tallied Saturday night FR time

I started leveling up my first team right away. I forget how long that took, not too long. After that I used them for grinding and exalting.

Generally 7

I sell my random hatchlings for about 9kt/9gems. What they do with them after that is up to them. If they don't sell at that price before they're grown I level and exalt them. Hatchlings from pairs with a particular look start higher, but I gradually reduce the price until they're at what I'd get for exalting and then they get leveled and exalted too.
Right now I've got them both places, but that's because of breeding projects. I'd prefer to have most of them out in my lair because what's the point of having them if they're not out where you can see them, but the project pairs take too much space.

That probably depends on how much time and effort you put in it. I mostly just exalt hatchlings I've bred that don't sell because I don't have time (or the physical resilience to risk carpal tunnel) to do more. Some buy them young and cheap and then resell for more once they've aged. If you have the space that seems like a quick way to do it.

How many trainers do you have? How many would you say is the bare minimum? What venue do you use?
If they're statted right you can get by with one in the Mire which is popular. I use 2 in the Kelp Beds. This is the stat guide I used which has both.

Depends on what you mean and how you do it. Not much help there I know.

Dominance is tallied Saturday night FR time

I started leveling up my first team right away. I forget how long that took, not too long. After that I used them for grinding and exalting.

Generally 7

I sell my random hatchlings for about 9kt/9gems. What they do with them after that is up to them. If they don't sell at that price before they're grown I level and exalt them. Hatchlings from pairs with a particular look start higher, but I gradually reduce the price until they're at what I'd get for exalting and then they get leveled and exalted too.
LvA Contribution
Mix- I use tabs to keep everything in order so either works fine for me.
Personally I buy hatchlings, stick them in the den to age, then pull them out as needed- I don't like having fodder pairs sitting around waiting for hatching. Maybe I'm losing out on money but given that the den lets you age fodder without having to feed them I'd rather take the loss for convenience.
I have three for different venues- one for Kelp Beds, one for Ghostlight, and one for Mire. You really only need one, but I like having the options so I can level in whatever venue is best during festivals.
What venue do you use?
Kelp bed primarily- you can get the exp bonus off of it and the drops are good. (I use a kelp bed leviathan there) I also have a ghostlight anticitank and a mire flyer, but I don't like using those venues if it isn't a festival.
If you have a decent pool of fodder and some time, you can make a tidy profit pretty easily. Food sales are also good.
I, don't really pay attention to dom half the time |D
I've been here since the dawn of time idk
7 in Kelp- it's pretty fast there. Lower in the other venues but what level I do there varies on fodder floor.
I don't sell fodder as fodder, but I do take offers if people want a specific dragon for whatever reason. Usually somewhere in the 10~15kT range
Mix- I use tabs to keep everything in order so either works fine for me.
Personally I buy hatchlings, stick them in the den to age, then pull them out as needed- I don't like having fodder pairs sitting around waiting for hatching. Maybe I'm losing out on money but given that the den lets you age fodder without having to feed them I'd rather take the loss for convenience.
I have three for different venues- one for Kelp Beds, one for Ghostlight, and one for Mire. You really only need one, but I like having the options so I can level in whatever venue is best during festivals.
What venue do you use?
Kelp bed primarily- you can get the exp bonus off of it and the drops are good. (I use a kelp bed leviathan there) I also have a ghostlight anticitank and a mire flyer, but I don't like using those venues if it isn't a festival.
If you have a decent pool of fodder and some time, you can make a tidy profit pretty easily. Food sales are also good.
I, don't really pay attention to dom half the time |D
I've been here since the dawn of time idk
7 in Kelp- it's pretty fast there. Lower in the other venues but what level I do there varies on fodder floor.
I don't sell fodder as fodder, but I do take offers if people want a specific dragon for whatever reason. Usually somewhere in the 10~15kT range
Where do you store your permas (lair/hibden)?:
Both. I exalt with any empty spaces I have.
Even if you can breed it in mass quantities, I think buying might be more lucrative.
I use two trainers, but bare minimum you can get away with one on certain builds.
What venue do you use?
Kelp beds.
Not long, honestly. Once you get the hang of it, you're pretty set.
I just exalt as soon as their bred, though you can also look into storing them for future conquest pushes.
About a month or two old, I think?
Usually 7
I do, but it's not often that I'm approached for that so I haven't really set a price on it.
Where do you store your permas (lair/hibden)?:
Both. I exalt with any empty spaces I have.
Even if you can breed it in mass quantities, I think buying might be more lucrative.
I use two trainers, but bare minimum you can get away with one on certain builds.
What venue do you use?
Kelp beds.
Not long, honestly. Once you get the hang of it, you're pretty set.
I just exalt as soon as their bred, though you can also look into storing them for future conquest pushes.
About a month or two old, I think?
Usually 7
I do, but it's not often that I'm approached for that so I haven't really set a price on it.
mirror_chib8.png
tumblr_n8h81aIYJy1si697do4_500.png
See a Mirror, pick it up, all week long you'll have
too many mirrors and no more food
help me please they're eating everything
On an unrelated note, if you have nice Mirrors to sell...
they stay in the lair. the fodder are the guests, why should my permas be evicted? lol

if in bulk, buying. if youre only training one or two every so often you can get a few common dragons to breed.

I had two, but recent lair purge brought me down to one. thats really all you need.

What venue do you use?
kelp beds.

it would take a lot longer if i wasnt training fodder.

saturday is the last day, results are posted sunday, you can exalt any day.

i dont recall, but it might have been somewhere around the 2nd or 3rd month.

6-8 usually, depending on how lazy im feeling and how much fodder i have.

yes, its 10kt for adult fodder, 8kt for hatchlings. have to make a profit somehow - i set adults to 10kt because thats usually what i get for exalting.
they stay in the lair. the fodder are the guests, why should my permas be evicted? lol

if in bulk, buying. if youre only training one or two every so often you can get a few common dragons to breed.

I had two, but recent lair purge brought me down to one. thats really all you need.

What venue do you use?
kelp beds.

it would take a lot longer if i wasnt training fodder.

saturday is the last day, results are posted sunday, you can exalt any day.

i dont recall, but it might have been somewhere around the 2nd or 3rd month.

6-8 usually, depending on how lazy im feeling and how much fodder i have.

yes, its 10kt for adult fodder, 8kt for hatchlings. have to make a profit somehow - i set adults to 10kt because thats usually what i get for exalting.
6f240e0b704e02ff9014958a307cf049.jpg
Permas are placed on the front page of my lair. Most of them will be moved to the hibernal den as I unlock slots. Coli dragons and permas who aren't lvl 25 won't be frozen.

Depends on how much room you have and what level you train your exalts to. I average 5kt - 6kt ish profit per exalt that I buy but I have zero desire to maintain breeding pairs for fodder, nor do i have the space to have that many pairs on hand. On a good day I'll exalt twice as many dragons than I have space for.

I have my ghostlight antictank that trains my exalts, otherwise I train dragons in pairs from level 1. Occasionally I'll use a high level team to level a single dragon in the kelp beds. So I guess depending on how you do it, bare minimum for exalting is one dragon.

I use the ghostlight ruins. It's what my trainer is statted for and I prefer the drops.

It only takes a few hours to make bank. I tend to be very distracted but it only takes me a couple hours to make 200kt+ just from exalts. I don't typically sell my drops or open chests.

I don't participate purposefully in dom pushes, but if I have a project going on during a dom week I try harder to exalt more or level my exalts higher.

I can't remember when I started, but it was definitely after Culex did his guide and after the exalt payout got raised. I joined a couple days after the site opened and it took me a few months to get into the coli.

I usually level to 7, but if exalts are cheap I'll level to 6. I only level to 8 on accident or during bonus exp weeks.

I'll put hatchlings up for sale at adult fodder prices if I won't have time to exalt them myself. Otherwise I exalt my own hatchlings.

I will add that I find that two dragons is all you need for most of the coliseum. I drag fodder along with dragons that I'm leveling to 25. It's slower but it kills two birds with one stone. It's not typically a problem as long as your two trainers have all their stat stones + ambushes. Elim is nice but not necessary.
Permas are placed on the front page of my lair. Most of them will be moved to the hibernal den as I unlock slots. Coli dragons and permas who aren't lvl 25 won't be frozen.

Depends on how much room you have and what level you train your exalts to. I average 5kt - 6kt ish profit per exalt that I buy but I have zero desire to maintain breeding pairs for fodder, nor do i have the space to have that many pairs on hand. On a good day I'll exalt twice as many dragons than I have space for.

I have my ghostlight antictank that trains my exalts, otherwise I train dragons in pairs from level 1. Occasionally I'll use a high level team to level a single dragon in the kelp beds. So I guess depending on how you do it, bare minimum for exalting is one dragon.

I use the ghostlight ruins. It's what my trainer is statted for and I prefer the drops.

It only takes a few hours to make bank. I tend to be very distracted but it only takes me a couple hours to make 200kt+ just from exalts. I don't typically sell my drops or open chests.

I don't participate purposefully in dom pushes, but if I have a project going on during a dom week I try harder to exalt more or level my exalts higher.

I can't remember when I started, but it was definitely after Culex did his guide and after the exalt payout got raised. I joined a couple days after the site opened and it took me a few months to get into the coli.

I usually level to 7, but if exalts are cheap I'll level to 6. I only level to 8 on accident or during bonus exp weeks.

I'll put hatchlings up for sale at adult fodder prices if I won't have time to exalt them myself. Otherwise I exalt my own hatchlings.

I will add that I find that two dragons is all you need for most of the coliseum. I drag fodder along with dragons that I'm leveling to 25. It's slower but it kills two birds with one stone. It's not typically a problem as long as your two trainers have all their stat stones + ambushes. Elim is nice but not necessary.
My Nuzlocke!
Seeking Marriage Prospects
1 2 3 4 5 6 7