Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | dragons with history (not lore!)
1 2 3
i've been in the midst of another season-cleaning lair purge to boot out some of the dragons i don't want anymore, and for the longest time i had trouble with a handful. there have been a lot of purge threads lately asking for advice; i've chimed in on a couple with stuff i do, while also listening to what others had to say. but... i still struggled with some.

earlier today yesterday, on discord, someone who was on hiatus for a while just found out about dragon restoration; i chimed in and shared my story of how i managed to unexalt my girl kyrmis at the last minute, and that it made her one of my favorite dragons! another person told me they always loved how many of my dragons had stories to them, which really warmed my heart!

and that had me thinking... that's the missing part of the equation! dragons i end up keeping always seem to have a story to them, some history that makes them special to me that no other dragon can replace. soon as i have time, i'm gonna go through my lair and try to purge based on that fact alone, but honestly, i also wanna take the time to write out all the stories of my dragons that have them. it always makes me happy to think about, and that way i can have it down somewhere to always smile at!

does anyone else have a lot of dragons with stories? about something you did with them, how you got them, or something they reference? is that something you value? i don't know if i've heard this discussed before, and i'm curious! it seems like something easily overlooked, but immensely special. definitely nails the "old loved perma" feeling!
i've been in the midst of another season-cleaning lair purge to boot out some of the dragons i don't want anymore, and for the longest time i had trouble with a handful. there have been a lot of purge threads lately asking for advice; i've chimed in on a couple with stuff i do, while also listening to what others had to say. but... i still struggled with some.

earlier today yesterday, on discord, someone who was on hiatus for a while just found out about dragon restoration; i chimed in and shared my story of how i managed to unexalt my girl kyrmis at the last minute, and that it made her one of my favorite dragons! another person told me they always loved how many of my dragons had stories to them, which really warmed my heart!

and that had me thinking... that's the missing part of the equation! dragons i end up keeping always seem to have a story to them, some history that makes them special to me that no other dragon can replace. soon as i have time, i'm gonna go through my lair and try to purge based on that fact alone, but honestly, i also wanna take the time to write out all the stories of my dragons that have them. it always makes me happy to think about, and that way i can have it down somewhere to always smile at!

does anyone else have a lot of dragons with stories? about something you did with them, how you got them, or something they reference? is that something you value? i don't know if i've heard this discussed before, and i'm curious! it seems like something easily overlooked, but immensely special. definitely nails the "old loved perma" feeling!
Alpha :: FR+0
they/them or
he/him please!

tumblr_inline_ojq6kyaRlG1r2ao8y_540.pngtumblr_inline_ojq6kvO0vd1r2ao8y_540.pngtumblr_inline_ojq6kzLZx61r2ao8y_540.png
_____ vxsLSdd.png _ ° Wishlist
° Badges
° Clan Exalter
° Scatter Quest
° UMs for Sale
__ ° Hug Moist?
° Moistling Sales
° Nest Rentals
° SIDHA
° 8x8/90mil!
__ TTTYQHv.png 1XIVewE.gif
Oh, for sure! A lot of my early dragons were fodder rescues - most of them ended up exalted in later purges, but a few I still have and they're very dear to me.

Stellar was being sold for only 76 treasure on the AH. I remember that number because it was just outrageous to me - she's so pretty! For so little! So, so glad I grabbed her and saved her. Now she's one of the most important members of my clan and IMO it's exactly what she deserves.

Gambit I bought already as a permababy when I was idly searching through the AH. He was only 60g, which still seems weird to me, especially considering how he came with bio art. Sometimes I wonder if it was a mislist, but at the time I didn't think to contact his seller and they never spoke up in the mislist thread, so it'll remain a mystery I guess. (He did come with a "take good care of this baby!" note in the bio so it may have been intentional, I don't know.)

Dolly, my first fandragon, was a surprise hatch from my second ever nest. Considering how wide the ranges on the parent's secondaries/tertiaries was, I'm still impressed with it, and he just reminded me so much of the character that I eventually just had to give in and make it official.

And of course, Lilly, one of my more recent permas and the latest addition to my Coli team, was originally purchased as fodder and I was fully intending to exalt her. And then I just couldn't get myself to do it! Maybe it was just how nicely she fit in with the rest of my team, or just how she looked in general (or maybe I just have a soft spot for fem Gaolers.) Whatever it was, I spent a day or so waffling and then gave in and decided to keep and level her, and now she's deeply treasured.

I love stories like this too - it makes dragons feel so unique and special!
Oh, for sure! A lot of my early dragons were fodder rescues - most of them ended up exalted in later purges, but a few I still have and they're very dear to me.

Stellar was being sold for only 76 treasure on the AH. I remember that number because it was just outrageous to me - she's so pretty! For so little! So, so glad I grabbed her and saved her. Now she's one of the most important members of my clan and IMO it's exactly what she deserves.

Gambit I bought already as a permababy when I was idly searching through the AH. He was only 60g, which still seems weird to me, especially considering how he came with bio art. Sometimes I wonder if it was a mislist, but at the time I didn't think to contact his seller and they never spoke up in the mislist thread, so it'll remain a mystery I guess. (He did come with a "take good care of this baby!" note in the bio so it may have been intentional, I don't know.)

Dolly, my first fandragon, was a surprise hatch from my second ever nest. Considering how wide the ranges on the parent's secondaries/tertiaries was, I'm still impressed with it, and he just reminded me so much of the character that I eventually just had to give in and make it official.

And of course, Lilly, one of my more recent permas and the latest addition to my Coli team, was originally purchased as fodder and I was fully intending to exalt her. And then I just couldn't get myself to do it! Maybe it was just how nicely she fit in with the rest of my team, or just how she looked in general (or maybe I just have a soft spot for fem Gaolers.) Whatever it was, I spent a day or so waffling and then gave in and decided to keep and level her, and now she's deeply treasured.

I love stories like this too - it makes dragons feel so unique and special!
Esme, a very red and Plague-themed Skydancer. A medallion depicting the Plaguebringer in profile.
Oh, I have a few of those!

First to come to mind is Borealis, who is the second multigaze my progenitors have ever thrown... and he was hatched the day after I was lamenting the fact that I exalted the first one! Heck, that even sparked most of his lore! He's a little funny looking, but a keeper for sure~ A less funny fact about the circumstances of his hatching is that I was trying for a smirch kid from my progens (he was born with smoke, not smirch), and they literally threw their second multigaze before their first smirch >_> smirch kid did finally happen on the next nest though! they haven't thrown me another smirch since though.

Next is Sybil, who was the last egg in a nest of five. With the way that ice nests look, the fifth egg was out of the nest a little bit. A friend and I joked that it was running away, and would grow up to be the Stealth Lord. The nest hatched, and this girl was the youngest hatchling, and therefore the Stealth Lord. Her lore now is a little more involved than that, but she stayed because of a little inside joke XD

A weird one is Avarren. A friend of mine gave me an xxx sapphire born on my birthday as a present, and a few days later, I pick up this guy as fodder: another xxx sapphire. I checked his birthday for a laugh, and he was also born on my birthday. I took that as a sign, and kept him. How could I not?

Most recently (a day or two ago to be exact), was this child, who has not yet been named. I bought him to be an adopted addition to a lore nest I was hatching, a two egg nest from two multigazes. Neither of their biological children had multigaze... but their adopted one did!
Oh, I have a few of those!

First to come to mind is Borealis, who is the second multigaze my progenitors have ever thrown... and he was hatched the day after I was lamenting the fact that I exalted the first one! Heck, that even sparked most of his lore! He's a little funny looking, but a keeper for sure~ A less funny fact about the circumstances of his hatching is that I was trying for a smirch kid from my progens (he was born with smoke, not smirch), and they literally threw their second multigaze before their first smirch >_> smirch kid did finally happen on the next nest though! they haven't thrown me another smirch since though.

Next is Sybil, who was the last egg in a nest of five. With the way that ice nests look, the fifth egg was out of the nest a little bit. A friend and I joked that it was running away, and would grow up to be the Stealth Lord. The nest hatched, and this girl was the youngest hatchling, and therefore the Stealth Lord. Her lore now is a little more involved than that, but she stayed because of a little inside joke XD

A weird one is Avarren. A friend of mine gave me an xxx sapphire born on my birthday as a present, and a few days later, I pick up this guy as fodder: another xxx sapphire. I checked his birthday for a laugh, and he was also born on my birthday. I took that as a sign, and kept him. How could I not?

Most recently (a day or two ago to be exact), was this child, who has not yet been named. I bought him to be an adopted addition to a lore nest I was hatching, a two egg nest from two multigazes. Neither of their biological children had multigaze... but their adopted one did!
fMy4Ig7.png
@SwiftIsHere awwwww, those are all so sweet!!! thank you so much for sharing! <3

i have a dragon whose exact price i remember too - incandessa for 9091t - and she's one of my fav g1s! sometimes those super cheap and memorable dragons are the best ;v; 76t is an AWESOME snipe too, grats! same with that permababy; i remember once grabbing one for 10g somehow?? but i eventually sold that one. it seems like gambit was meant for you! :D

i totally get that luck of the draw nest feeling too! one of my girls i've kept, lux was gonna be spite exalted because out of her parent's (not massive but not small) range and 50/50 chance of circuit (breeding for the old achieve), she got glimmer AND ridiculously stunning colors. i almost named her "misfortune" LMAO. but she's still around and i adore her! i'm glad you managed to get a fandragon out of your pair, that's a HUGE luck of the draw to get something so specific!

lily is very valid! that's honestly a really adorable way to make a coli dragon, and she's super cute! <3 i have a sort of similar dragon; perdix was a 2g hatchie snipe that i was gonna insta-exalt for small profit, but... he just stuck around and i grew too attached to him! it ended up becoming his (still yet unwritten) lore that he was afraid of the coli, but then i got another dragon named percival who was a fodder save, and they ended up dating and helped each other cope with their anxieties, so percival became an archer to protect perdix and perdix eventually started to overcome his fear of the coli/of exaltation and now he's level 10 and is the clan exalter's assistant!

i love these stories too!! you're right, they make dragons so unique <3 i'm thinking of writing all mine down somewhere! not sure if it'd be off site or possibly a thread if people were interested, hm... either a periodic update thread or maybe a hub for people to share? dunno!
@SwiftIsHere awwwww, those are all so sweet!!! thank you so much for sharing! <3

i have a dragon whose exact price i remember too - incandessa for 9091t - and she's one of my fav g1s! sometimes those super cheap and memorable dragons are the best ;v; 76t is an AWESOME snipe too, grats! same with that permababy; i remember once grabbing one for 10g somehow?? but i eventually sold that one. it seems like gambit was meant for you! :D

i totally get that luck of the draw nest feeling too! one of my girls i've kept, lux was gonna be spite exalted because out of her parent's (not massive but not small) range and 50/50 chance of circuit (breeding for the old achieve), she got glimmer AND ridiculously stunning colors. i almost named her "misfortune" LMAO. but she's still around and i adore her! i'm glad you managed to get a fandragon out of your pair, that's a HUGE luck of the draw to get something so specific!

lily is very valid! that's honestly a really adorable way to make a coli dragon, and she's super cute! <3 i have a sort of similar dragon; perdix was a 2g hatchie snipe that i was gonna insta-exalt for small profit, but... he just stuck around and i grew too attached to him! it ended up becoming his (still yet unwritten) lore that he was afraid of the coli, but then i got another dragon named percival who was a fodder save, and they ended up dating and helped each other cope with their anxieties, so percival became an archer to protect perdix and perdix eventually started to overcome his fear of the coli/of exaltation and now he's level 10 and is the clan exalter's assistant!

i love these stories too!! you're right, they make dragons so unique <3 i'm thinking of writing all mine down somewhere! not sure if it'd be off site or possibly a thread if people were interested, hm... either a periodic update thread or maybe a hub for people to share? dunno!
they/them or
he/him please!

tumblr_inline_ojq6kyaRlG1r2ao8y_540.pngtumblr_inline_ojq6kvO0vd1r2ao8y_540.pngtumblr_inline_ojq6kzLZx61r2ao8y_540.png
° Badges
° Clan Exalter
° Scatter Quest
° UMs for Sale
__ ° Hug Moist?
° Moistling Sales
° Nest Rentals
° SIDHA
° 8x8/90mil!
@fuzzysherbet DANG borealis came the day after?? that's fate if i ever saw it, congrats! :D funky looking or not he's definitely special ^^ kind of like when i recently hatched a multigaze and primal in one nest (a two egg nest and both were special too!) i 100% feel on the gene inheritance thing though, lmao. i just wrote about her to swift, it's lux; she got glimmer instead of circuit, but ended up being way too pretty to get rid of!

i am SO here for sybil's lore LMAO. origins like that are some of the best lore stories!! dang that's super cool, it totally inspires me to make more silly but serious lore |D i support the stealth lord!!!

that IS a funny coincidence regarding avarren! fate is fun like that, ain't it P: they should be buddies!

that's a gorgeous g1, congrats!! i do like the idea of the adopted multigaze child, lmao. i'm sure the lore is gonna be awesome, whoever he becomes! :D

thank you so much for sharing! <3
@fuzzysherbet DANG borealis came the day after?? that's fate if i ever saw it, congrats! :D funky looking or not he's definitely special ^^ kind of like when i recently hatched a multigaze and primal in one nest (a two egg nest and both were special too!) i 100% feel on the gene inheritance thing though, lmao. i just wrote about her to swift, it's lux; she got glimmer instead of circuit, but ended up being way too pretty to get rid of!

i am SO here for sybil's lore LMAO. origins like that are some of the best lore stories!! dang that's super cool, it totally inspires me to make more silly but serious lore |D i support the stealth lord!!!

that IS a funny coincidence regarding avarren! fate is fun like that, ain't it P: they should be buddies!

that's a gorgeous g1, congrats!! i do like the idea of the adopted multigaze child, lmao. i'm sure the lore is gonna be awesome, whoever he becomes! :D

thank you so much for sharing! <3
they/them or
he/him please!

° Badges
° Clan Exalter
° Scatter Quest
° UMs for Sale
__ ° Hug Moist?
° Moistling Sales
° Nest Rentals
° SIDHA
° 8x8/90mil!
that's how a perma is made! now that i think about it, most of my favorite dragons are my faves specifically because of their history, and how i ended up getting them. huh

verna was my first-ever non-fodder dragon that i bought. i was new on the site and had no idea how to make money, but i saw her on the AH for 50kt and she just clicked with me immediately. cut to me spending the next hour in the fairgrounds, desperately grinding shock switch and checking every five minutes that she hadn't been bought. she's now my clan leader, my main coli grinder and the center of most of my clan lore, in a way.

rijn was the first hatchling from the first nest of the first non-progen pair that i ever bred. the funny thing is, i had been previewing the offspring for some time, and i saw this gorgeous preview of a stone/brown/cinnamon hatchling and i was in LOVE. the parents' prim/sec ranges are ridiculously large, not that i knew that at the time, but somehow it just happened that the first hatchling from that pair was just one color off from being the exact one i had wanted. i haven't gotten another hatchling similar to her after the fact, and i've been consistently breeding the pair for just about the entire time i've been registered on the site.

maratti was also from the first nest of one of my pairs. his sister was my first-ever primal, and i was so annoyed that the primal girl got ugly genes and colors, while her boring, non-special brother got these nice greens and yellows. i guess that somehow me obsessing over all his good traits (as compared to his sister) made me grow attached to him, so in the end i kept him, dressed him up and gave him a boyfriend. :D

this gal, who i've yet to give a proper name to, was being sold as fodder despite being a primal. i sniped her, kept her in my den for god knows how long, and i told myself that i would give her away for free to a new player or something, since she's pretty ugly and not really redeemable in any way. or so i thought! i almost opened a forum thread about her multiple times, but always hesitated at the last second, and soon enough i had grown attached to her, so i just planned her an outfit and a new scry, and thought up some lore that i need to get around to writing down one day. she's unfinished for now, but she has all her plans thought out and put down, and i'm definitely going to get around to finishing her once i buy a couple more apparel slots.

i've never really thought about this before, but now that i have, i feel enlightened. :0

edit: whoops, word vomit, i'm sorry! i guess i got way more into this subject than i thought. :'D
that's how a perma is made! now that i think about it, most of my favorite dragons are my faves specifically because of their history, and how i ended up getting them. huh

verna was my first-ever non-fodder dragon that i bought. i was new on the site and had no idea how to make money, but i saw her on the AH for 50kt and she just clicked with me immediately. cut to me spending the next hour in the fairgrounds, desperately grinding shock switch and checking every five minutes that she hadn't been bought. she's now my clan leader, my main coli grinder and the center of most of my clan lore, in a way.

rijn was the first hatchling from the first nest of the first non-progen pair that i ever bred. the funny thing is, i had been previewing the offspring for some time, and i saw this gorgeous preview of a stone/brown/cinnamon hatchling and i was in LOVE. the parents' prim/sec ranges are ridiculously large, not that i knew that at the time, but somehow it just happened that the first hatchling from that pair was just one color off from being the exact one i had wanted. i haven't gotten another hatchling similar to her after the fact, and i've been consistently breeding the pair for just about the entire time i've been registered on the site.

maratti was also from the first nest of one of my pairs. his sister was my first-ever primal, and i was so annoyed that the primal girl got ugly genes and colors, while her boring, non-special brother got these nice greens and yellows. i guess that somehow me obsessing over all his good traits (as compared to his sister) made me grow attached to him, so in the end i kept him, dressed him up and gave him a boyfriend. :D

this gal, who i've yet to give a proper name to, was being sold as fodder despite being a primal. i sniped her, kept her in my den for god knows how long, and i told myself that i would give her away for free to a new player or something, since she's pretty ugly and not really redeemable in any way. or so i thought! i almost opened a forum thread about her multiple times, but always hesitated at the last second, and soon enough i had grown attached to her, so i just planned her an outfit and a new scry, and thought up some lore that i need to get around to writing down one day. she's unfinished for now, but she has all her plans thought out and put down, and i'm definitely going to get around to finishing her once i buy a couple more apparel slots.

i've never really thought about this before, but now that i have, i feel enlightened. :0

edit: whoops, word vomit, i'm sorry! i guess i got way more into this subject than i thought. :'D
ACOZFAh.png
g3bTNzM.png
hh5n4WA.png
A very aggressive lair purge took away every dragon in my lair except for my progens. So there aren't too many dragons I have that have a history to them yet.

Renameshiro
is very special to me though. He was born this past September when everyone was racing to have a harvest moon + Friday the 13th dragon. Not only was he born on that date, he was born at exactly 8:02pm which was moonrise in my area. I frantically searched for dragons born at the right time, only having about 20-30 minutes until their age defaulted to being listed in hours and not minutes. No one was putting their 8:02pm dragons up on the AH though! I saved a good bunch on different tabs and started messaging owners to buy one. That's where this boy came from!

Hiaeare is also a harvest moon/Friday the 13th dragon though she was born before moonrise, she's still special to me.
A very aggressive lair purge took away every dragon in my lair except for my progens. So there aren't too many dragons I have that have a history to them yet.

Renameshiro
is very special to me though. He was born this past September when everyone was racing to have a harvest moon + Friday the 13th dragon. Not only was he born on that date, he was born at exactly 8:02pm which was moonrise in my area. I frantically searched for dragons born at the right time, only having about 20-30 minutes until their age defaulted to being listed in hours and not minutes. No one was putting their 8:02pm dragons up on the AH though! I saved a good bunch on different tabs and started messaging owners to buy one. That's where this boy came from!

Hiaeare is also a harvest moon/Friday the 13th dragon though she was born before moonrise, she's still special to me.
Nobody wants to tell you why discipline is so important. Discipline is the strongest form of self-love. It is ignoring current pleasures for bigger rewards to come. It's loving yourself enough to give yourself everything you've ever wanted.
Most dragons don't click with me, maybe it's because there isn't some story behind them. Or maybe it's just because I impulse bought them.

Anyway, I bought Cthulhu for 69t. Being me, I was honestly extremely confused, and contacted who I assumed was the breeder (they were). It turns out that it was intentional, but I was going to keep her anyway.

I'm not sure if he counts, but Ruu was a dragon I expected to be a total disaster. I almost never had luck with eggs, so I was considerably shocked and elated when he hatched.
Most dragons don't click with me, maybe it's because there isn't some story behind them. Or maybe it's just because I impulse bought them.

Anyway, I bought Cthulhu for 69t. Being me, I was honestly extremely confused, and contacted who I assumed was the breeder (they were). It turns out that it was intentional, but I was going to keep her anyway.

I'm not sure if he counts, but Ruu was a dragon I expected to be a total disaster. I almost never had luck with eggs, so I was considerably shocked and elated when he hatched.
please buy my dragons
r7i0TKR.png
alphabet legacy
challenge
please just send private auctions.
it's a CR with half the hassle,
and with PAs we both get our stuff instantly.
Roundwin has my favorite story out of any of my dragons, and I've probably told it wayy too many times on the forums at this point. Come to think of it, he's almost a year old!
I won his egg in RRR with 700 tickets, and when he hatched his ID was 47777055. Thanks to him, 7 is now my lucky number!

These two were the first dragons I ever bought. Back when I was new I decided I wanted to be a Nature mono-lair (changed my mind later). I hadn't checked their elements when buying them off of the AH, so if they had ended up being anything other than Nature, I would've exalted them back then! I'm so glad I didn't.

Garden was bought to be a mate for a dragon I no longer own. I never gave him much thought until I was going through my dragons to purge and he was the first I was hung up on purely because of how pretty he was, as opposed to sentimental value.

Rosalita used to be named bubblegum (yes, no caps). She was the first Nocturne I ever hatched, on the very first NotN. I remember my sisters watching me hatch and us all collectively "Aww!"ing, because we'd never seen a Noc baby before and they're so cute! Only recently did I figure out what I wanted to do with her.

thistleburst (who needs a new name) was the second Noc I ever got, and I thought he looked just like a less bright version of Rosa, so I decided they were a pair. Their colors are actually pretty far apart, so their hatchies are all quite different from each-other.

MangoJR used to be the star of the lair (I still love him a lot). He was the first with real lore (lore that stuck, anyway), I got him adoptables and have drawn him at least 4 times so far (and I should draw him again, I've improved so much since the last). He was also a really popular choice for games like "Prettiest Dragon Above You!" This was back when IriShim/CryFac was all we had in terms of gem genes, so I sometimes get the feeling that MangoJR is sort of out-of-date to some people, but he's still gorgeous to me :3
Roundwin has my favorite story out of any of my dragons, and I've probably told it wayy too many times on the forums at this point. Come to think of it, he's almost a year old!
I won his egg in RRR with 700 tickets, and when he hatched his ID was 47777055. Thanks to him, 7 is now my lucky number!

These two were the first dragons I ever bought. Back when I was new I decided I wanted to be a Nature mono-lair (changed my mind later). I hadn't checked their elements when buying them off of the AH, so if they had ended up being anything other than Nature, I would've exalted them back then! I'm so glad I didn't.

Garden was bought to be a mate for a dragon I no longer own. I never gave him much thought until I was going through my dragons to purge and he was the first I was hung up on purely because of how pretty he was, as opposed to sentimental value.

Rosalita used to be named bubblegum (yes, no caps). She was the first Nocturne I ever hatched, on the very first NotN. I remember my sisters watching me hatch and us all collectively "Aww!"ing, because we'd never seen a Noc baby before and they're so cute! Only recently did I figure out what I wanted to do with her.

thistleburst (who needs a new name) was the second Noc I ever got, and I thought he looked just like a less bright version of Rosa, so I decided they were a pair. Their colors are actually pretty far apart, so their hatchies are all quite different from each-other.

MangoJR used to be the star of the lair (I still love him a lot). He was the first with real lore (lore that stuck, anyway), I got him adoptables and have drawn him at least 4 times so far (and I should draw him again, I've improved so much since the last). He was also a really popular choice for games like "Prettiest Dragon Above You!" This was back when IriShim/CryFac was all we had in terms of gem genes, so I sometimes get the feeling that MangoJR is sort of out-of-date to some people, but he's still gorgeous to me :3
dZN7FlK.pngSee progress on the Alchemy Flight!
tumblr_osrbsneh5V1v8lm95o3_r1_75sq.gif • Any pronouns
• I love random pings
• I subscribe to the threads I make
[center][url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=21378165] [img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/350/213782/21378165_350.png[/img] [/url][/center] [center][u][b]The History of Dad [/b][/u][/center] I was over at a friend's house, who also plays Flight Rising, and because she has such an art obsession she always whines about not having money (jk I love you Iridian). So I decided that I would teach her how to exalt for profit. Sadly Water and Plague were doing their DOM battle, so fodder was hard to come by, but we found this guy for 6,000 in the AH. Managed to snipe him (I guess our years of Dragon Cave training paid off) His name was December. She noticed he had kids and felt so bad about exalting him to the Lightweaver when he had kids. "But I can't! He has children!" I managed to convince her to put him in the coliseum to train. She trained him to level 4. By now we had been joking that he was "Dad" because he had so many children already. That he should have silly sweaters, huge glasses and be the "soccer mom" of dragons, yet he wouldn't have children, he would just watch over everyone else's and be the worldwide "Dad". "DadCember," we joked. Something happened, probably a Wartoad, that caused her team to wipe. "Okay, okay," she said, "let's go get some food, we'll come back, train him and make money later." We went downstairs and got some popcorn or something, and came back about half an hour later. I tried to jokingly bug her about exalting him, but she wouldn't do it. In fact, I think we had both gotten a little attached to this soccer dad. December spent 3 months in the back of her lair, unexalted. Not bred. No apparel. Still level 4. Until on August 8th, my birthday, 2016 I had a mysterious CR from my friend. With it was 2,000 gems and a silver male Skydancer. Dad. I immediately bought a renaming scroll and asked her if she remembered what we called him when we first bought him. Before she could text me back, I immediately sent a screenshot of December with his new name. DadCember. She thought it was funny and adorable. It was at this moment that I knew I couldn't ever get rid of him. Dadcember has since remained in my lair, loved by all. My friend has since stopped playing, or when she does she logs in for a day and then is out again. We go to different colleges and haven't actually seen each other for a few years. I wouldn't say we are super close anymore. However, he now remains a reminder, one that I remember very clearly. And now, well, I couldn't ever get rid of him. No matter how much money he would make me. Here's what he looked like before: [img]https://flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=5&bodygene=6&breed=13&element=6&gender=0&tert=5&tertgene=4&winggene=7&wings=4&auth=0d1e20be5ff264f072805e15522caf1eaecff9f6&dummyext=prev.png[/img] When Savannah and Capsule came out (whichever one was second) I decided that Dad needed a makeover. My friend was still playing a little bit at this time, so I remember asking her for opinions and I vividly remember showing her this scry (his current genes) and her saying, "H O T" So I went with it.
The History of Dad

I was over at a friend's house, who also plays Flight Rising, and because she has such an art obsession she always whines about not having money (jk I love you Iridian). So I decided that I would teach her how to exalt for profit. Sadly Water and Plague were doing their DOM battle, so fodder was hard to come by, but we found this guy for 6,000 in the AH. Managed to snipe him (I guess our years of Dragon Cave training paid off) His name was December. She noticed he had kids and felt so bad about exalting him to the Lightweaver when he had kids. "But I can't! He has children!"

I managed to convince her to put him in the coliseum to train. She trained him to level 4. By now we had been joking that he was "Dad" because he had so many children already. That he should have silly sweaters, huge glasses and be the "soccer mom" of dragons, yet he wouldn't have children, he would just watch over everyone else's and be the worldwide "Dad". "DadCember," we joked.

Something happened, probably a Wartoad, that caused her team to wipe. "Okay, okay," she said, "let's go get some food, we'll come back, train him and make money later." We went downstairs and got some popcorn or something, and came back about half an hour later. I tried to jokingly bug her about exalting him, but she wouldn't do it. In fact, I think we had both gotten a little attached to this soccer dad.

December spent 3 months in the back of her lair, unexalted.
Not bred.
No apparel.
Still level 4.

Until on August 8th, my birthday, 2016 I had a mysterious CR from my friend. With it was 2,000 gems and a silver male Skydancer. Dad.

I immediately bought a renaming scroll and asked her if she remembered what we called him when we first bought him. Before she could text me back, I immediately sent a screenshot of December with his new name. DadCember. She thought it was funny and adorable. It was at this moment that I knew I couldn't ever get rid of him.

Dadcember has since remained in my lair, loved by all.

My friend has since stopped playing, or when she does she logs in for a day and then is out again. We go to different colleges and haven't actually seen each other for a few years. I wouldn't say we are super close anymore. However, he now remains a reminder, one that I remember very clearly. And now, well, I couldn't ever get rid of him. No matter how much money he would make me.

Here's what he looked like before:
dragon?age=1&body=5&bodygene=6&breed=13&element=6&gender=0&tert=5&tertgene=4&winggene=7&wings=4&auth=0d1e20be5ff264f072805e15522caf1eaecff9f6&dummyext=prev.png

When Savannah and Capsule came out (whichever one was second) I decided that Dad needed a makeover. My friend was still playing a little bit at this time, so I remember asking her for opinions and I vividly remember showing her this scry (his current genes) and her saying, "H O T"

So I went with it.
2lhDoir.png..... .....WMCEgD8.pnguBQemcM.png
1 2 3