Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | I don't use UMAs, is that weird?
1 2 3 4 5
[quote name="Kavryn" date="2019-11-17 06:29:52" ] [quote name="Owlynx" date="2019-11-17 05:57:35" ] Aren't festival skins UMAs, though. [/quote] Um actually [pushes glasses up] They're designed by users, but not published and distributed by their designer for fun and profit - supply is generated by the site. The term UMA refers to a specific category of skins and accents where the creators retain control over the creation and distribution of their stock. /end pedantry [/quote] UMA literally means User Made Accent. The accents are made by the users. The accents are distributed by the site. The art still belongs to the user. UMA. /end unnecessary response by me
Kavryn wrote on 2019-11-17 06:29:52:
Owlynx wrote on 2019-11-17 05:57:35:
Aren't festival skins UMAs, though.
Um actually [pushes glasses up]

They're designed by users, but not published and distributed by their designer for fun and profit - supply is generated by the site. The term UMA refers to a specific category of skins and accents where the creators retain control over the creation and distribution of their stock.

/end pedantry
UMA literally means User Made Accent. The accents are made by the users. The accents are distributed by the site. The art still belongs to the user. UMA.

/end unnecessary response by me
I use what I like the most, if it's a fest skin or UMA :)
I use what I like the most, if it's a fest skin or UMA :)
Rene2.png

Wishlist
Art shop
xxxxxxxxx shellbubble.gif
Not weird at all! I don't use them either, save for a few festival skins/accents. Too expensive when I can just draw my dragon however I want for free.
Not weird at all! I don't use them either, save for a few festival skins/accents. Too expensive when I can just draw my dragon however I want for free.
Nobody wants to tell you why discipline is so important. Discipline is the strongest form of self-love. It is ignoring current pleasures for bigger rewards to come. It's loving yourself enough to give yourself everything you've ever wanted.
you're saving
it's fine
you're saving
it's fine

gmt +8
fr time +15
she/they/he
pings very welcome
b01c9d8cb099f28c33efbc3427a2a7f8d24272ad.png
exalt save sales (g1s, oldies and others)
[quote name="theTicket" date="2019-11-17 05:03:10" ] I would rather buy an old fest accent than an UMA even if the former is more expensive [/quote] I only find this bit weird (in possitive way) :o I do understand that people use only fest or coli skins as they are cheaper and there is nothing bad in that, but yeah sticking to skins that soecifiicly, to me is bit weird XD but ayy nothing bad in it haha
theTicket wrote on 2019-11-17 05:03:10:
I would rather buy an old fest accent than an UMA even if the former is more expensive

I only find this bit weird (in possitive way) :o

I do understand that people use only fest or coli skins as they are cheaper and there is nothing bad in that, but yeah sticking to skins that soecifiicly, to me is bit weird XD but ayy nothing bad in it haha
WIhgWqV.pngyeetWr77RAu.png

yeet
you
see
mE
wHy

yeet hYZxkBA.gif
Not using UMAs isn’t weird at all. Personally, I try to decorate my Gaolers with only fest skins, but if there’s a pretty UMA on the AH for treasure then I might get it if I have the money. I mean, they can’t wear apparel, so I might as well.
Not using UMAs isn’t weird at all. Personally, I try to decorate my Gaolers with only fest skins, but if there’s a pretty UMA on the AH for treasure then I might get it if I have the money. I mean, they can’t wear apparel, so I might as well.
T7Qk8Sh.pngBVq8q9P.pngtj85yjR.pngnGvTyg3.pngAf2FgF8.png
I don't use skins or accents at all. Am I weird?
I don't use skins or accents at all. Am I weird?
I think that's normal. UMAs cost and arm and a leg.
I think that's normal. UMAs cost and arm and a leg.
70963472_XPWFcmaFImCJJZ5.png
UMAs are super expensive, so it's good that you stick to festival skins

I only have two or three, I think, and even that was expensive to me
UMAs are super expensive, so it's good that you stick to festival skins

I only have two or three, I think, and even that was expensive to me
sLLHsT5.png s6VThCi.png
|| he/him ||| FR+3 ||
YQ9zE2d.gif
xUhfJLj.gif
week-4-100.png
It's not weird. We all just have our own preferences.
It's not weird. We all just have our own preferences.
For me, every day is World Kindness Day. b59f9d9c-60d2-11eb-95e1-814ec59a413c.gifa663c882-026b-11eb-9626-db1f1f278684.gif
1 2 3 4 5