Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | I don't use UMAs, is that weird?
1 2 3 4 5
i'd totally be in uma hell if i wasn't poor
It's not weird at all lol. There are a lot of extremely pretty UMAs out there but in general UMAs are way too expensive for me to get into.
It's not weird at all lol. There are a lot of extremely pretty UMAs out there but in general UMAs are way too expensive for me to get into.
Sharpened Serthis Spear
I am the patron saint of having bad taste
(insert joke about heated water towers here)
I don't think it's weird at all. There are a lot of gorgeous UMAs out there, but I'm too broke for them so I just do without, lol.
I don't think it's weird at all. There are a lot of gorgeous UMAs out there, but I'm too broke for them so I just do without, lol.
PJb908Z.png
[quote name="Owlynx" date="2019-11-17 06:39:20" ] [quote name="Kavryn" date="2019-11-17 06:29:52" ] [quote name="Owlynx" date="2019-11-17 05:57:35" ] Aren't festival skins UMAs, though. [/quote] Um actually [pushes glasses up] They're designed by users, but not published and distributed by their designer for fun and profit - supply is generated by the site. The term UMA refers to a specific category of skins and accents where the creators retain control over the creation and distribution of their stock. /end pedantry [/quote] UMA literally means User Made Accent. The accents are made by the users. The accents are distributed by the site. The art still belongs to the user. UMA. /end unnecessary response by me [/quote] Yeah, that's the literal definition, but that's not the way it's meant by the playerbase. As Kavryn said, the UMA distinction refers to who supplies the accent. Even though it's called a User Made Accent, User Supplied Accent might be more accurate. Although you can argue that other users can supply the accent after it's been distributed... but we're already being pretty pedantic. If a user was soliciting UMAs and you showed them a fest accent, I don't think they'd be very happy. /end extra unnecessary addition
Owlynx wrote on 2019-11-17 06:39:20:
Kavryn wrote on 2019-11-17 06:29:52:
Owlynx wrote on 2019-11-17 05:57:35:
Aren't festival skins UMAs, though.
Um actually [pushes glasses up]

They're designed by users, but not published and distributed by their designer for fun and profit - supply is generated by the site. The term UMA refers to a specific category of skins and accents where the creators retain control over the creation and distribution of their stock.

/end pedantry
UMA literally means User Made Accent. The accents are made by the users. The accents are distributed by the site. The art still belongs to the user. UMA.

/end unnecessary response by me

Yeah, that's the literal definition, but that's not the way it's meant by the playerbase. As Kavryn said, the UMA distinction refers to who supplies the accent. Even though it's called a User Made Accent, User Supplied Accent might be more accurate. Although you can argue that other users can supply the accent after it's been distributed... but we're already being pretty pedantic.

If a user was soliciting UMAs and you showed them a fest accent, I don't think they'd be very happy.

/end extra unnecessary addition
LgwNYVn.png
i only have two UMA's, i'm starting to get into them but i definitely can't be one of those people that has a 2000g UMA on every dragon lol. festival accents are really pretty, and cheaper, so it's a win-win tbh
i only have two UMA's, i'm starting to get into them but i definitely can't be one of those people that has a 2000g UMA on every dragon lol. festival accents are really pretty, and cheaper, so it's a win-win tbh
SdIF9XK.gif..
raven
she/her • FR+0
» lore
» art shop
» adopts
Nothing weird, but nothing special.
Nothing weird, but nothing special.
S O K O L
knowledge of comprehension, benevolence, and aesthetics | active | slowly revamping
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xx
ToxrvHn.gif
It's not weird! Lots of people don't get them simply because they don't have the money to.

Personally, I do buy them, but only certain ones. While I admire the art on the super complicated ones, I prefer ones with bigger designs and/or more simplicity because it meshes better with FR art and art in general. I like being able to mix apparel and accent without it looking like I tried to photoshop anime into a live-action play.
It's not weird! Lots of people don't get them simply because they don't have the money to.

Personally, I do buy them, but only certain ones. While I admire the art on the super complicated ones, I prefer ones with bigger designs and/or more simplicity because it meshes better with FR art and art in general. I like being able to mix apparel and accent without it looking like I tried to photoshop anime into a live-action play.
1f7Wab5.png x F5AeglI.png x x
x
x
< - avatar
x

ahzidal (captain)
they / them
about
I just love the extreme variety in UMAs. I feel like festival skins are more limited since they have to represent the flight, but to each their own!

It's not weird, everyone has different preferences!
I just love the extreme variety in UMAs. I feel like festival skins are more limited since they have to represent the flight, but to each their own!

It's not weird, everyone has different preferences!
Q9opeXe.png...8ydRw4n.png...o022-d01-L-Firtarian.pngo141-d02-Firtarian.pngo141-d03-Firtarian.pngo141-d04-Firtarian.pngs1-d2-Firtarian.pngs1-d14-Firtarian.pngs1-d16-Firtarian.pngs1-d4-Firtarian.png
I'm sure there's even people who don't even use accents or skins at all, so this is not a weird case!

As much as other people here said, it depends on preferences vwv

I actually never buy user made accents aside from the ones that I made my own *cough cough*
I'm sure there's even people who don't even use accents or skins at all, so this is not a weird case!

As much as other people here said, it depends on preferences vwv

I actually never buy user made accents aside from the ones that I made my own *cough cough*
sqXOa1X.gif Frionivalis | FR +14 or +15 (UTC +7) | A lore lair

Meepball Adopts Tailor Fae Subspecies
Sparkle Dreams Hatchery
My Experimental Writing, Feedbacks needed!
_____Fresh_Tailor_Fae_Signature_size.png
[quote name="parasites" date="2019-11-17 11:31:44" ] i'd totally be in uma hell if i wasn't poor [/quote]
parasites wrote on 2019-11-17 11:31:44:
UnyqHqE.png
1 2 3 4 5