Flight Rising Discussion
Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | I want a dragon based off a song.
1 2
As in, the PERFECT INCARNATION of it. It's this song in question, and I'm dying inside because how do I properly create a dragon to match it????

And let's not mention the dozens of other songs I want to make into dragons.
As in, the PERFECT INCARNATION of it. It's this song in question, and I'm dying inside because how do I properly create a dragon to match it????

And let's not mention the dozens of other songs I want to make into dragons.
Haha, I'm in the process of doing this with some Dragonforce songs(and one album cover) myself.

I take some lyrics that I think would fit a kind of description, or just an overall feel for the song.
Haha, I'm in the process of doing this with some Dragonforce songs(and one album cover) myself.

I take some lyrics that I think would fit a kind of description, or just an overall feel for the song.
When in doubt, just use the music video. [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=2&bodygene=0&breed=12&element=7&eyetype=7&gender=0&tert=10&tertgene=22&winggene=6&wings=10&auth=880be747e8997892f1073f0c2ed0d7ab1a334bf9&dummyext=prev.png[/img]
When in doubt, just use the music video.

dragon?age=1&body=2&bodygene=0&breed=12&element=7&eyetype=7&gender=0&tert=10&tertgene=22&winggene=6&wings=10&auth=880be747e8997892f1073f0c2ed0d7ab1a334bf9&dummyext=prev.png
I have a dragon based off of a song. [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dragon?did=56217377&skin=0&apparel=739,32009,30549,2598,940,2601,2961&xt=dressing.png[/img]
I have a dragon based off of a song.

dragon?did=56217377&skin=0&apparel=739,32009,30549,2598,940,2601,2961&xt=dressing.png
ooohh man now i kinda want a dragon based off Strawberry Blond by mitski and Barrett's Privateers... i could never tho, bc i struggle with character fandragons xD
ooohh man now i kinda want a dragon based off Strawberry Blond by mitski and Barrett's Privateers... i could never tho, bc i struggle with character fandragons xD
tSKOR3g.png Bogbees  CANADA | 4.5+ FR | SHE/HER |fr__wind_by_baelfin-d8uyn8b.png|fr__water_by_baelfin-d8uyn80.png|tumblr_inline_p157m5WG8z1tc3swm_540.png
___________________________________________________________________________________

The ball is a formality, you know this, everyone knows this. You keep yourself reserved, head bowed. The guests, they don't know this, you pretend not to notice their blood beating to the sound of her music.
___________________________________________________________________________________
LORE|LF DREAM|ART SHOP|FREEBIES|NO $PEND TILL MISTJAM
    
@sneekiblin Maybe you could help OP out? I don't know how set you usually are on finding the Perfect Dragon for your MP track names, but you're the person I know who seems most likely to be able to say how to match a dragon to a song.
@sneekiblin Maybe you could help OP out? I don't know how set you usually are on finding the Perfect Dragon for your MP track names, but you're the person I know who seems most likely to be able to say how to match a dragon to a song.
___ [IMG][/IMG]
___ sig_button_by_soenkan-dcab06q.png ___
[IMG][/IMG]
O[b][/b]h good luck!!! I have a lot of dragons named after songs but the songs are usually an afterthought. the only one I bought based off of a song was this dragon - [url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=55837820] [img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/350/558379/55837820_350.png[/img] [/url] this one was pretty easy cause I had a music video to go off of, but for others... what colors do you associate with the song? what textures? i go off of that and build a gene plan based on what looks good after that. good luck with your song dragon!
Oh good luck!!! I have a lot of dragons named after songs but the songs are usually an afterthought. the only one I bought based off of a song was this dragon -

55837820_350.png

this one was pretty easy cause I had a music video to go off of, but for others...
what colors do you associate with the song? what textures? i go off of that and build a gene plan based on what looks good after that. good luck with your song dragon!
tumblr_nre81rYTi11unlpe2o1_100.png
Twitter
24 | they/them
LmPbhqi.png
i have a few, and plenty i want to make! if i don't have an mv to go off of, i kind of just play around in the scrying workshop trying to make colors/genes that match with what i see or think of when i hear the song. sometimes it's easy, sometimes it's a bit tricky, but usually when i know i want a song dragon I Know What To Do
i have a few, and plenty i want to make! if i don't have an mv to go off of, i kind of just play around in the scrying workshop trying to make colors/genes that match with what i see or think of when i hear the song. sometimes it's easy, sometimes it's a bit tricky, but usually when i know i want a song dragon I Know What To Do
ew9u8Xp.png
@Leopardmask HRMM I HAVE BEEN SUMMONED..... with my moa pillar tomfoolery it's usually just, [hatches a nest from my moa+pillar pair] [looks thru the tracks i havent (partially) named m+p offspringdergs after already] "hmm this one seems like a [insert track] kinda dergin" as in, i tend to work w constraints usually and sometimes i tend to be lucky (see: my gen1 [url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=48178057]derg[/url] based off of secret by moa pillar. the derg was hatched a bit before the track's release so when it appeared i may have been like OOO PERFECT) (on the other hand, there's [url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=28071878]peacewalker[/url], from the first nest of the m+p pair, whose appearance i've adjusted several times since her hatch in an attempt to catch the best-fitting vibe lol) (on the uhh, other other hand, there's [url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=33446114]hymn[/url], named after a whole album (hymns), who went on a bit of a scatter journey which is also a possibility to discover what would fit (albeit expensive, lol. cheap theoretical variant: randomizer option in scryshop). this lad's accidentally perhaps also a foreshadow-fanderg for the compilation where secret by moa is, cover-art-wise :D) (his mate, also [url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=36617073]hymn[/url], is based off the album's cover art. spirit & guise) but, @FallenEclipse (ping in case u r not subbed to the thread) i'd just also kinda just. go off the general vibe of the music (and/or also lyrics if present. i guess lyrics can make it a tad easier to make a derg based off of a song lol).....and just, Scrying Workshop Experimenting Hell til u find something u like.....maybe start with some genes that you're Generally Into, or genes that u feel like would fit, or,,,,,,, i went n did a little [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/scrying/predict?breed=5&gender=0&age=1&bodygene=23&body=148&winggene=23&wings=148&tertgene=6&tert=10&element=2&eyetype=7]scry experiment[/url] w the song playin on loop, kind of trying to catch a bit of the vibe of the music n the lyrics (the plague glowing eyes were what the random scry had when i opened the scryshop lmao). but ur mileage may vary of course edit: [quote name="CytricAcid" date="2019-11-10 16:10:02" ] what colors do you associate with the song? what textures? i go off of that and build a gene plan based on what looks good after that. good luck with your song dragon! [/quote]This Is Solid Advice Too
@Leopardmask HRMM I HAVE BEEN SUMMONED.....
with my moa pillar tomfoolery it's usually just, [hatches a nest from my moa+pillar pair] [looks thru the tracks i havent (partially) named m+p offspringdergs after already] "hmm this one seems like a [insert track] kinda dergin"
as in, i tend to work w constraints usually and sometimes i tend to be lucky
(see: my gen1 derg based off of secret by moa pillar. the derg was hatched a bit before the track's release so when it appeared i may have been like OOO PERFECT)
(on the other hand, there's peacewalker, from the first nest of the m+p pair, whose appearance i've adjusted several times since her hatch in an attempt to catch the best-fitting vibe lol)
(on the uhh, other other hand, there's hymn, named after a whole album (hymns), who went on a bit of a scatter journey which is also a possibility to discover what would fit (albeit expensive, lol. cheap theoretical variant: randomizer option in scryshop). this lad's accidentally perhaps also a foreshadow-fanderg for the compilation where secret by moa is, cover-art-wise :D) (his mate, also hymn, is based off the album's cover art. spirit & guise)

but, @FallenEclipse (ping in case u r not subbed to the thread) i'd just also kinda just. go off the general vibe of the music (and/or also lyrics if present. i guess lyrics can make it a tad easier to make a derg based off of a song lol).....and just, Scrying Workshop Experimenting Hell til u find something u like.....maybe start with some genes that you're Generally Into, or genes that u feel like would fit, or,,,,,,,

i went n did a little scry experiment w the song playin on loop, kind of trying to catch a bit of the vibe of the music n the lyrics (the plague glowing eyes were what the random scry had when i opened the scryshop lmao). but ur mileage may vary of course

edit:
CytricAcid wrote on 2019-11-10 16:10:02:
what colors do you associate with the song? what textures? i go off of that and build a gene plan based on what looks good after that. good luck with your song dragon!
This Is Solid Advice Too
she/her / frt+10 image.png
I love music and album dragons :o *glances at fandragon tab and saved scry folder* Here’s what I came up with, one is based pretty literally on the colors in the video you linked and the other is how I kinda visualize the tone of the song. Definitely feel free to get in the scrying workshop and come up with your own interpretations! [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=2&bodygene=11&breed=7&element=8&eyetype=2&gender=0&tert=10&tertgene=19&winggene=23&wings=9&auth=55b0476afddf2783577ac7f12d4999fa809ea7b3&dummyext=prev.png[/img] [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=96&bodygene=39&breed=17&element=6&eyetype=2&gender=0&tert=3&tertgene=25&winggene=32&wings=10&auth=5b576009c63a02131bc017f837504ef30a579b3d&dummyext=prev.png[/img]
I love music and album dragons :o *glances at fandragon tab and saved scry folder*

Here’s what I came up with, one is based pretty literally on the colors in the video you linked and the other is how I kinda visualize the tone of the song. Definitely feel free to get in the scrying workshop and come up with your own interpretations!

dragon?age=1&body=2&bodygene=11&breed=7&element=8&eyetype=2&gender=0&tert=10&tertgene=19&winggene=23&wings=9&auth=55b0476afddf2783577ac7f12d4999fa809ea7b3&dummyext=prev.png

dragon?age=1&body=96&bodygene=39&breed=17&element=6&eyetype=2&gender=0&tert=3&tertgene=25&winggene=32&wings=10&auth=5b576009c63a02131bc017f837504ef30a579b3d&dummyext=prev.png
FR +3/Spiral and Coatl fanatic/Never be afraid to ping me!
Low activity currently due to finals
1 2