Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Protocol for Fodder with Art?
1 2 3 4
@MistLeaf
I-I love her! She looks like one of the breeding projects I was working on, oddly enough. (I have that pair in my den because I got burned out on breeding them...)

Anyways, please let me know if you plan to sell her, I'd gladly give her a loving home~ ♥
@MistLeaf
I-I love her! She looks like one of the breeding projects I was working on, oddly enough. (I have that pair in my den because I got burned out on breeding them...)

Anyways, please let me know if you plan to sell her, I'd gladly give her a loving home~ ♥
sJmKU07.gifa8FvSEr.png9dYW39C.png
I see you've already contacted the old owner, so hopefully it all gets sorted! But yeah, I agree that in this case that's the best thing to do. Poked in some threads, and it looks like they ordered at least one of the adopts with a scry. That, the mismatched genes, and the breeding project mention makes me wonder if the adopts were intended for the finished successful project dragon, and this dragon was just being used to hold them in the meantime. I know I've done that before.

edit: pretty sure this is the case. found the likely successful project dragon. It has a coded bio and the adopts in there.
I see you've already contacted the old owner, so hopefully it all gets sorted! But yeah, I agree that in this case that's the best thing to do. Poked in some threads, and it looks like they ordered at least one of the adopts with a scry. That, the mismatched genes, and the breeding project mention makes me wonder if the adopts were intended for the finished successful project dragon, and this dragon was just being used to hold them in the meantime. I know I've done that before.

edit: pretty sure this is the case. found the likely successful project dragon. It has a coded bio and the adopts in there.
Wua5ROf.png
@Hawkfeather That would make sense. Since people often get rid of parents after completing a project, I was wondering why someone would order art for a dragon they weren't intending to keep.
@Hawkfeather That would make sense. Since people often get rid of parents after completing a project, I was wondering why someone would order art for a dragon they weren't intending to keep.
med_fish_smol.pngsplish_smol.png
@MistLeaf
Yeah, especially when I'm breeding for something really specific and stumble on a limited time adopt, I'll buy it before I have the actual dragon. So they probably just forgot to delete em before selling off the parent. (and idk if you saw my edit since i was a bit slow with it, but they are using the art on a dragon with the project colors. PM me if you want the link, I don't want to link it publicly and send potentially unwanted attention their way. Point is if you did yeet the fodder, at least least the art isnt lost to the void)
I hope they get back to you with a for sure answer though! c:
@MistLeaf
Yeah, especially when I'm breeding for something really specific and stumble on a limited time adopt, I'll buy it before I have the actual dragon. So they probably just forgot to delete em before selling off the parent. (and idk if you saw my edit since i was a bit slow with it, but they are using the art on a dragon with the project colors. PM me if you want the link, I don't want to link it publicly and send potentially unwanted attention their way. Point is if you did yeet the fodder, at least least the art isnt lost to the void)
I hope they get back to you with a for sure answer though! c:
Wua5ROf.png
I once bought a dragon with art, then I got yeeted and had to get another dragon, but I kept the art! Min is still one of my favourite dragons however, it's easier when the art you have is a monotone gijinka of a Pearlcatcher and not what you have so I understand your pain. I suggest you sell that dragon to a person who'd really appreciate them, otherwise, it is a waste of art :^(
I once bought a dragon with art, then I got yeeted and had to get another dragon, but I kept the art! Min is still one of my favourite dragons however, it's easier when the art you have is a monotone gijinka of a Pearlcatcher and not what you have so I understand your pain. I suggest you sell that dragon to a person who'd really appreciate them, otherwise, it is a waste of art :^(
Link to art shopLink to skin shopImage depicting a large blue crab carrying produce on their back, its purpose being a background element for the signatureLink to a personal log thread containing various different links, information and sources
I once found a fodder dragon with art. I gave him away to someone in Fire who has given him a nice home. Would have felt like such a waste to exalt a dragon like that.
I once found a fodder dragon with art. I gave him away to someone in Fire who has given him a nice home. Would have felt like such a waste to exalt a dragon like that.
giphy.gif
@Disillusionist @Cunea @Redlego @WolfTears @Gloomy I think that's everybody that expressed interest.

All right, so I received a reply from the old owner, and they said she was part of a breeding project, and the art was being held for the hatchling, so they don't need her anymore. Still not 100% sure on the art, but I think it's okay to keep it. Old owner has requested art be removed. You all mentioned being interested in her, so here's the information:

-Asking 12,000 treasure, to discourage buying her just to exalt

-She has been bred. They've all been named, but if it bothers you, you've been warned

-Level 5, near 6. I did start statting her for a Sedona build, but it should still work for any strength-based build. I can add a few levels for free, but please don't just use the offer for easy fodder

-Art does not perfectly match genes. Given that it's pixel art, and kind of small, I can't tell exactly, other than that the tertiary is off. You are of course free to delete the art Art has been removed. Will give full stack of 4-point food of your food type, and some Health Potions.

-For simplicity on my end, all who state they are still interested by November 1st will be assigned a number, and winner will be determined by RNG. I'll then send out a two-way Crossroad for you to pay.
@Disillusionist @Cunea @Redlego @WolfTears @Gloomy I think that's everybody that expressed interest.

All right, so I received a reply from the old owner, and they said she was part of a breeding project, and the art was being held for the hatchling, so they don't need her anymore. Still not 100% sure on the art, but I think it's okay to keep it. Old owner has requested art be removed. You all mentioned being interested in her, so here's the information:

-Asking 12,000 treasure, to discourage buying her just to exalt

-She has been bred. They've all been named, but if it bothers you, you've been warned

-Level 5, near 6. I did start statting her for a Sedona build, but it should still work for any strength-based build. I can add a few levels for free, but please don't just use the offer for easy fodder

-Art does not perfectly match genes. Given that it's pixel art, and kind of small, I can't tell exactly, other than that the tertiary is off. You are of course free to delete the art Art has been removed. Will give full stack of 4-point food of your food type, and some Health Potions.

-For simplicity on my end, all who state they are still interested by November 1st will be assigned a number, and winner will be determined by RNG. I'll then send out a two-way Crossroad for you to pay.
med_fish_smol.pngsplish_smol.png
@MistLeaf

I'm still interested and that sounds fair enough to me~
@MistLeaf

I'm still interested and that sounds fair enough to me~
sJmKU07.gifa8FvSEr.png9dYW39C.png
@MistLeaf
I’m glad you were able to get in contact with the previous owner about the art! I’m still interested in her, thanks for the info (a small raffle is a great idea)
@MistLeaf
I’m glad you were able to get in contact with the previous owner about the art! I’m still interested in her, thanks for the info (a small raffle is a great idea)
eLAndXa.png FooterAds.gif
Gary was here, Ash is a loser
2OTuj7X.png I hoard black orpingtons and black-capped chickadees!
if the art is being used for another dragon idk if you should sell her with the art, especially if the previous owner forget to delete it out of her bio if it was just there as a placeholder. cus the way i understand it is that they don't want the dragon anymore but they never said it was explicitly ok for u to just use the art that's in the bio ,, idk i may be completely wrong though
if the art is being used for another dragon idk if you should sell her with the art, especially if the previous owner forget to delete it out of her bio if it was just there as a placeholder. cus the way i understand it is that they don't want the dragon anymore but they never said it was explicitly ok for u to just use the art that's in the bio ,, idk i may be completely wrong though
xU6Kkao.png
1 2 3 4