Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Minimal lairs vs. Giant Lairs
1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 10 11
I have a large lair (the count you see is mostly permas) mostly because I buy whatever catches my eye- I don't come online as much as I once did so I don't get sick of my dragons as quickly so I dont get rid of them as quickly
I have a large lair (the count you see is mostly permas) mostly because I buy whatever catches my eye- I don't come online as much as I once did so I don't get sick of my dragons as quickly so I dont get rid of them as quickly

@Ecci

bead-divider-big-100x12.png

YPz1UST.png
Tn9tG7j.png
15585.png light_3.png

Gen 1 lair
YA2CvXh.png

The Ecci are scholars who study artefacts found in the ruins.
RRcPYe6.png
Currently seeking allies!
I don't know whether 90 is a lot or not, seeing as some have over 200 permas, but I prefer bigger lairs only because of lore and all the gene and color variations. I wouldn't be able to decide which dragons to keep if I didn't let my lair to become crowded, lol. Sure, I can't spoil each and every dragon (aside from bios) but then again, there don't seem to be enough pink apparel and accents to go around anyway, so I think I'm good.

Unpopular opinion; I find it funny that people keep a few permas and stuff them full of apparel so people have trouble seeing the dragon itself. They end up looking like a mess.
I don't know whether 90 is a lot or not, seeing as some have over 200 permas, but I prefer bigger lairs only because of lore and all the gene and color variations. I wouldn't be able to decide which dragons to keep if I didn't let my lair to become crowded, lol. Sure, I can't spoil each and every dragon (aside from bios) but then again, there don't seem to be enough pink apparel and accents to go around anyway, so I think I'm good.

Unpopular opinion; I find it funny that people keep a few permas and stuff them full of apparel so people have trouble seeing the dragon itself. They end up looking like a mess.
PWSZq63.pngN5Fffyx.pngwX6kcXO.png
*Giant lair that's chaotically screaming*
*Giant lair that's chaotically screaming*
Call me Requacy (Pinging Allowed!)(Note to self: Make art for signature)
Large Lair but the twist is, its a Den lair so I don't have to feed them.

Large Lair but the twist is, its a Den lair so I don't have to feed them.

l5KIkf4.png
Why do you like large lairs/tiny lairs? for me i love having lots of empty space (not so much now tho LOL). when we had the old lair format i loved flipping through empty lair pages lol. but i like seeing both very full and very empty lairs! there's so much variety, i love seeing it.

What's your lair like? incredibly, it's a little of both? i used to only have 20 dragons, because i liked to see them all on one page and wanted to keep it minimal. but then i wanted to also have a permanent set of very pretty fodder breeders. i didn't get those until lair tabs were announced and well in progress, though, because i wanted to be able to keep my Real Lair (ventum lucet) separate from my fodder breeders (filii lucis). and of course separate from fodder. so i've got in my Real Lair 33 dragons (with 1 more to come to keep it even), but i've got a total of 73 (74 to be) due to fodder breeding. all others are either fodder or boarding. i was so glad for tabs, though, because i could have my cake (non-breeding small lair) and eat it too (fodder factory lol)!

What are your goals for your lair? well, i want all of ventum lucet fully leveled to 25, fully gened and dressed (minus the Big Wish items, i mean), and lore at least started for everyone.
Why do you like large lairs/tiny lairs? for me i love having lots of empty space (not so much now tho LOL). when we had the old lair format i loved flipping through empty lair pages lol. but i like seeing both very full and very empty lairs! there's so much variety, i love seeing it.

What's your lair like? incredibly, it's a little of both? i used to only have 20 dragons, because i liked to see them all on one page and wanted to keep it minimal. but then i wanted to also have a permanent set of very pretty fodder breeders. i didn't get those until lair tabs were announced and well in progress, though, because i wanted to be able to keep my Real Lair (ventum lucet) separate from my fodder breeders (filii lucis). and of course separate from fodder. so i've got in my Real Lair 33 dragons (with 1 more to come to keep it even), but i've got a total of 73 (74 to be) due to fodder breeding. all others are either fodder or boarding. i was so glad for tabs, though, because i could have my cake (non-breeding small lair) and eat it too (fodder factory lol)!

What are your goals for your lair? well, i want all of ventum lucet fully leveled to 25, fully gened and dressed (minus the Big Wish items, i mean), and lore at least started for everyone.
GkfDmNh.png
I have a small lair, but I want all the space to host a ton of dragons, but always less then 30-50. Hibden not included, bc those are g1 projects.
I have a small lair, but I want all the space to host a ton of dragons, but always less then 30-50. Hibden not included, bc those are g1 projects.
15295.png
+ Pacific Time | Neutral Evil | Artist Kinda +
rtbhGZ5_d.webp?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&fidelity=medium.png
39072.png q7KYqlT.png
I always envy people with less then 10 dragons so good job OP!
I may look like a large lair but everything is just fodder? Smaller lairs can be way more profitable then large lairs and i think most people don't see how and why. Anyway i have almost 400 slots and keep only 35 dragons for myself, makes me a person with a smaller lair. Full gen1 lair so finding something can be hard.

I mostly look for radioactives or just something in the green range for lore reasons. Lately i have just been looking for some special eyes like multi-gaze and primals.
But the goal is greens, eyes and train them all to level 25.
I always envy people with less then 10 dragons so good job OP!
I may look like a large lair but everything is just fodder? Smaller lairs can be way more profitable then large lairs and i think most people don't see how and why. Anyway i have almost 400 slots and keep only 35 dragons for myself, makes me a person with a smaller lair. Full gen1 lair so finding something can be hard.

I mostly look for radioactives or just something in the green range for lore reasons. Lately i have just been looking for some special eyes like multi-gaze and primals.
But the goal is greens, eyes and train them all to level 25.
6WUYXR5.png Etna (FR+9)
She/They
Likes to make sprites
Gen 1 lair
im not sure if i'd call my lair giant but its definitely on the larger side!

i like the looks of minimal lairs but i couldn't do it, i love too many dragons to do so
im not sure if i'd call my lair giant but its definitely on the larger side!

i like the looks of minimal lairs but i couldn't do it, i love too many dragons to do so
* does the worm *
Autumn | digital artist, monster designer, eyeburner lover | she/her | Pings are ok!
My handle is Sourscape on nearly every other social media!
god_likes_me__trade__by_thatalbinothing-d9t6sns.gif(art by ThatAlbinoThing)
I used to have many dragons. But over time I kind of got bored of the game. And I would not get attached to any of my dragons. They would get sold off or exalted.

I appreciate and admire large lairs with tons of beautifully dressed dragons and luxurious aesthetics. But I don't think I could keep up with something like that lol I didn't like dressing up my dragons anyway.

So I have 1 dragon now. And I am mad about him. I love him so so so much! He isn't a special ID or a Gen 1, I'm not even a fan of coatls, he was also practically fodder priced. But I don't know what it is, that I feel like he is the embodiment of what I ever wanted my account to be.

I'm not as active as I used to be anyway, but it brings me joy to log in every day and see him :)
I used to have many dragons. But over time I kind of got bored of the game. And I would not get attached to any of my dragons. They would get sold off or exalted.

I appreciate and admire large lairs with tons of beautifully dressed dragons and luxurious aesthetics. But I don't think I could keep up with something like that lol I didn't like dressing up my dragons anyway.

So I have 1 dragon now. And I am mad about him. I love him so so so much! He isn't a special ID or a Gen 1, I'm not even a fan of coatls, he was also practically fodder priced. But I don't know what it is, that I feel like he is the embodiment of what I ever wanted my account to be.

I'm not as active as I used to be anyway, but it brings me joy to log in every day and see him :)
smaller lairs with themes ftw
smaller lairs with themes ftw
Ra2gKTW.png
may ♠ she/her ♠ +9 fr time
[ accent shop ]
1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 10 11