Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | It's not
1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 12 13
I'm lucky in that I played Fallen London some years ago and already ran into the world gaoler. Apparently it's a super old way of spelling "jailor" so that's why it looks weird and yet is pronounced as such.
I'm lucky in that I played Fallen London some years ago and already ran into the world gaoler. Apparently it's a super old way of spelling "jailor" so that's why it looks weird and yet is pronounced as such.
Ferberus tumblr_inline_odefuuK3iq1s3vc1u_400.png Calico Ferberus
I am pronouncing it phonetically and no one can stop me
I am pronouncing it phonetically and no one can stop me
untitled_by_starfruit_anon-dbeg952.png 0Hfrtrc.pngamika_by_starfruit_anon-dcegr7a.pngkeske_by_starfruit_anon-dcegr46.pngm34-02-book.pngSOH4.pngbPNtqmV.png
vJGwSlb.png
v2PJF9u.png
Tl1dGxE.png
d3OF3Gw.png
mlHpBMC.png

FObX7rS.png
6mVFIuV.png
783743517427367976.png
I feel comforted in my mistake of how I used to pronounce them by the staff replies

But also

They were released in June- pride month

Gayolers confirmed?
I feel comforted in my mistake of how I used to pronounce them by the staff replies

But also

They were released in June- pride month

Gayolers confirmed?
they/them
FR+2
Art Shop
tumblr_osrbsneh5V1v8lm95o3_r1_75sq.gif
I first came across it while reading Chaucer's Canterbury Tales for a Lit class several years ago. We had to memorize and recite the prologue in its Middle English pronunciation, so most of the words stuck with me.
I first came across it while reading Chaucer's Canterbury Tales for a Lit class several years ago. We had to memorize and recite the prologue in its Middle English pronunciation, so most of the words stuck with me.
I am still pronouncing it "gay-oh-lor" and none of you can stop me.
I am still pronouncing it "gay-oh-lor" and none of you can stop me.
VGxuHXT.png
:K The English pronunciation fairly easy to suss; imagine the G said like "giraffe", and break it into two syllables. "jay-oll". It used to be a hard G, like "gift", but softened over time. I'd bet money the spelling we have today is due to Daniel Webster. He had a rather "that's really dumb" attitude to a LOT of English spellings lol. Frankly we're lucky we don't spell it "jale".
:K The English pronunciation fairly easy to suss; imagine the G said like "giraffe", and break it into two syllables. "jay-oll". It used to be a hard G, like "gift", but softened over time. I'd bet money the spelling we have today is due to Daniel Webster. He had a rather "that's really dumb" attitude to a LOT of English spellings lol. Frankly we're lucky we don't spell it "jale".
earthr.pngkpBHZdf.gifDQCsQbQ.gifearthshieldr.png
from the start, I called them gay lords
from the start, I called them gay lords
I keep pronouncing it like ga6-oh-ler in my head even though I know wrong idk
[quote name="Vihaffle" date="2019-06-14 14:35:04" ] I keep pronouncing it like ga6-oh-ler in my head even though I know wrong idk [/quote] ga6oler, brilliant
Vihaffle wrote on 2019-06-14 14:35:04:
ga6oler, brilliant
SnailDivider.png
YCOzZhb.gif

Lemon Flight
nudibranch.png
Beating UM with just a Tynamo
ridgeback s o u p
nudibranch.png
fr time + 3
SnailDivider2.png
@GardenSnail Nope, no apostrophe. You may be thinking of the Guardians of Ga'hoole, a book series about owls
@GardenSnail Nope, no apostrophe. You may be thinking of the Guardians of Ga'hoole, a book series about owls
myosotis Sela, she/her, FR+3
Jewelry Box Fae Subspecies
Official Lightning Subspecies
Ultimate Dragon Color Guide
Lore
_______________________Jewelry Box Fae subspecies
1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 12 13