Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | how would you fix the derg population?
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
[quote name="Silverpelt60" date="2019-05-15 19:13:19" ] Not my own idea, but here's a valid solution. :) [/quote] [size=5][size=5][size=5][size=5][b][u][i]NO[/i][/u][/b][/size][/size][/size][/size] ----- Okay, for real, what's wrong with cheap dragons?
Silverpelt60 wrote on 2019-05-15 19:13:19:
Not my own idea, but here's a valid solution. :)
NO
Okay, for real, what's wrong with cheap dragons?
ttGfSL1.png
I like the idea of adding incentives to exalting- while cheap fodder prices are cool, it goes beyond that! We need less dragons floating around to help make the rest of them valuable. I also really miss those huge dom battles where fodder prices got driven up ridiculous amounts- maybe there should be some sort of reward for flights getting into huge battles?

Like, if one of top three flights exalts 50% more dragons than the flight on the tier below, maybe they get additional goodies? Or if a flight exalts something like, say, a flat 30,000 dragons in a week everyone who exalted something get a special vista? Or even having special rewards given out to the top exalters in each of the three winning flights!

But I feel like part of the issue is that the criteria for being fodder is becoming lower and lower, and that might be why people are frustrated with fodder prices right now. It can be sad to go through all the effort of breeding these dragons you think are really cool and special and pretty, only to be unable to sell them at all because of dragon over saturation. While giving people more lair space would help with this, it would only help a little, and for only a small amount of time!

I think part of the issue is new player retention rates. We need new people coming in and collecting dragons to help keep the economy steady! But, I'm just not sure how often new people join FR and stick around! I haven't been seeing as many new players since we got rid of the closed registration windows, and a lot of times when I go back and check on people I've noticed before they've quit the site after only a month or two.

Flightrising is very much a game that requires slow and steady process, and there are so many mechanics that are hard to understand or resources that are hard to gather for new players! It's the kind of game that rewards you for getting here early. This isn't a bad thing, necessarily, but it does make it harder and harder for new players to join the longer the website runs. At some point, it just gets too frustrating for new people to join and try to collect resources and get up to the level they want to be.

I imagine it can be easy to forget, especially for people who have been here for years, but getting past festival items, skins, and limited-time event items can be kind of daunting if you play for a week and realize you have no idea how anything works and everything is expensive and you're not making a lot of money and ooooh now the game is boring. Whoops.

I think there needs to be a concentrated effort to bring new people to the site, and help them stick around! I'm not really sure how to accomplish that, but I do think there needs to be some steps taken beyond adding incentives to exalting.

I like the idea of adding incentives to exalting- while cheap fodder prices are cool, it goes beyond that! We need less dragons floating around to help make the rest of them valuable. I also really miss those huge dom battles where fodder prices got driven up ridiculous amounts- maybe there should be some sort of reward for flights getting into huge battles?

Like, if one of top three flights exalts 50% more dragons than the flight on the tier below, maybe they get additional goodies? Or if a flight exalts something like, say, a flat 30,000 dragons in a week everyone who exalted something get a special vista? Or even having special rewards given out to the top exalters in each of the three winning flights!

But I feel like part of the issue is that the criteria for being fodder is becoming lower and lower, and that might be why people are frustrated with fodder prices right now. It can be sad to go through all the effort of breeding these dragons you think are really cool and special and pretty, only to be unable to sell them at all because of dragon over saturation. While giving people more lair space would help with this, it would only help a little, and for only a small amount of time!

I think part of the issue is new player retention rates. We need new people coming in and collecting dragons to help keep the economy steady! But, I'm just not sure how often new people join FR and stick around! I haven't been seeing as many new players since we got rid of the closed registration windows, and a lot of times when I go back and check on people I've noticed before they've quit the site after only a month or two.

Flightrising is very much a game that requires slow and steady process, and there are so many mechanics that are hard to understand or resources that are hard to gather for new players! It's the kind of game that rewards you for getting here early. This isn't a bad thing, necessarily, but it does make it harder and harder for new players to join the longer the website runs. At some point, it just gets too frustrating for new people to join and try to collect resources and get up to the level they want to be.

I imagine it can be easy to forget, especially for people who have been here for years, but getting past festival items, skins, and limited-time event items can be kind of daunting if you play for a week and realize you have no idea how anything works and everything is expensive and you're not making a lot of money and ooooh now the game is boring. Whoops.

I think there needs to be a concentrated effort to bring new people to the site, and help them stick around! I'm not really sure how to accomplish that, but I do think there needs to be some steps taken beyond adding incentives to exalting.

@Lara8
Yeah I don't particularly mind what happens to the offspring I sell, in between the dirt and asdf and LoveTofu there are some that seem to be kept for at least a while and that's enough for me

I tend to keep what people think of as fodder, the non g1 high digits, and I have no issues that their offspring don't sell for a lot (though these days most of mine are in the den). After all I didn't pay a lot for the parents either. My tastes are extremely mainstream which means a ton of cheap dragons available, think orca xxx or petbuttglim xxx in popular colors like sunset

But I'm a hoarder by nature so I really don't understand the push to have fewer dragons. All I wanted was more space for the cheap pretty dragons so if anything I would might rather see more hd quests vs fewer dragons

But it seems like players have an expectation that dragons should be rare or something? I just don't understand where that expectation is coming from. Are people losing money trying to set up breeding pairs or something? In a game where you literally earn money for exalting them, why are people upset that not every dragon is sacred? Too many dragons is bad...but the community was also all for not retiring fest items which only means that there will be ever increasing amounts of them

@Lara8
Yeah I don't particularly mind what happens to the offspring I sell, in between the dirt and asdf and LoveTofu there are some that seem to be kept for at least a while and that's enough for me

I tend to keep what people think of as fodder, the non g1 high digits, and I have no issues that their offspring don't sell for a lot (though these days most of mine are in the den). After all I didn't pay a lot for the parents either. My tastes are extremely mainstream which means a ton of cheap dragons available, think orca xxx or petbuttglim xxx in popular colors like sunset

But I'm a hoarder by nature so I really don't understand the push to have fewer dragons. All I wanted was more space for the cheap pretty dragons so if anything I would might rather see more hd quests vs fewer dragons

But it seems like players have an expectation that dragons should be rare or something? I just don't understand where that expectation is coming from. Are people losing money trying to set up breeding pairs or something? In a game where you literally earn money for exalting them, why are people upset that not every dragon is sacred? Too many dragons is bad...but the community was also all for not retiring fest items which only means that there will be ever increasing amounts of them

tastefulmarketing.gif
@Toska 100% agreed with more HD space/quests (and maybe even more regular lairspace at some point). I actually just maxed out my gem slots because I'm trying to hoard fodder for Nature's fest push next week, in addition to my many many project dragons, and still had to shift some leveled dragons to boarding. I'd be delighted to expand further, and I'd pay or hunt items to do it. But not many players could or would, and in the meantime even I'm not really doing my 'part' in using all that space to provide a perma home for many dragons. See the post above yours: [quote name="EerieEldritch" date="2019-05-16 01:19:21" ] But I feel like part of the issue is that the criteria for being fodder is becoming lower and lower, and that might be why people are frustrated with fodder prices right now. [b]It can be sad to go through all the effort of breeding these dragons you think are really cool and special and pretty, only to be unable to sell them at all because of dragon over saturation.[/b] While giving people more lair space would help with this, it would only help a little, and for only a small amount of time! [/quote] This is the kind of frustration I see breeders express, and I empathize, but I don't know if there's a way to alleviate it without either A) drastically altering site mechanics in a way that would be devastating to current playstyles or B) giving all players infinite free space to keep as many permas as they desire (probably not healthy for the servers).
@Toska

100% agreed with more HD space/quests (and maybe even more regular lairspace at some point). I actually just maxed out my gem slots because I'm trying to hoard fodder for Nature's fest push next week, in addition to my many many project dragons, and still had to shift some leveled dragons to boarding. I'd be delighted to expand further, and I'd pay or hunt items to do it.

But not many players could or would, and in the meantime even I'm not really doing my 'part' in using all that space to provide a perma home for many dragons. See the post above yours:
EerieEldritch wrote on 2019-05-16 01:19:21:

This is the kind of frustration I see breeders express, and I empathize, but I don't know if there's a way to alleviate it without either A) drastically altering site mechanics in a way that would be devastating to current playstyles or B) giving all players infinite free space to keep as many permas as they desire (probably not healthy for the servers).
Y2CN2aK.png wc26tNn.png
@Lara8
Yeah with the breeding thing I can understand, I don't spend a lot on my dragons but sometimes I am mildly disappointed that nobody wants the offspring. But I would really prefer to have that over longer cooldowns or forced sterility or deleting of dragons. I would be happy with the fodder floor prices rising but that doesn't help with the 'why dont people think my hatchlings are worth more than fodder' issue

But as you said there's no way around that. People have different tastes as well. I suspect in any breeding game, certain pets will be worth more than others and nothing you can do about that

With that said I wonder just how big the server strain would be if people were allowed say 1000 dragon spaces. 2000? 3000? I have noticed a jump in dragon prices thanks to hd, but unknown so far if it would come back down (perhaps unlikely for low digit dragons)
@Lara8
Yeah with the breeding thing I can understand, I don't spend a lot on my dragons but sometimes I am mildly disappointed that nobody wants the offspring. But I would really prefer to have that over longer cooldowns or forced sterility or deleting of dragons. I would be happy with the fodder floor prices rising but that doesn't help with the 'why dont people think my hatchlings are worth more than fodder' issue

But as you said there's no way around that. People have different tastes as well. I suspect in any breeding game, certain pets will be worth more than others and nothing you can do about that

With that said I wonder just how big the server strain would be if people were allowed say 1000 dragon spaces. 2000? 3000? I have noticed a jump in dragon prices thanks to hd, but unknown so far if it would come back down (perhaps unlikely for low digit dragons)
tastefulmarketing.gif
On top of everything else I'd reduce nest egg maximums to 3 and make two the standard clutch size.

Plus maybe reduce actual nests to 3 and make 25 day cooldowns the shortest.
On top of everything else I'd reduce nest egg maximums to 3 and make two the standard clutch size.

Plus maybe reduce actual nests to 3 and make 25 day cooldowns the shortest.
natureshieldl.png NIJBYPt.png uRC0U7k.png NIJBYPt.png natureshieldr.png
Lower max clutch sizes and a chance of infertility for a breeding. (Like in Dragon Cave)

To offset the chance of a 0 egg nest, the possibilities of rarer genes/species gain the loss in dominance of expression.

Dom wise, I think it would incentivise more battles and more participation if there is an additional reward added:

What I would propose is that all dragon bounties that are exalted for the week are collected into a counter of sorts. (The total sum value of all dragons exalted) And that a modest portion of this is divided amongst the participating winners. The more thats exalted in totality- the higher the total payout, the more you participate the larger bounty you recieve. Unlike the passive flight-wide benefits, this would directly go to the people who exalt. I don't know what I would set these thresholds to but something rewarding enough to incentivise participation on low and high ends.

Ideally the amount given out is rewarding in highly-competitive dom battles but not so great that a one-sided profit push reward spikes treasure inflation.

The sad truth is that the big dom battles of the past are too costly to continue in their former frequency, dragon creation far exceeds its exaltation rate and in combination these elements are strangling the longevity of a site that struggles to put out new content frequently enough to combat either problem.
Lower max clutch sizes and a chance of infertility for a breeding. (Like in Dragon Cave)

To offset the chance of a 0 egg nest, the possibilities of rarer genes/species gain the loss in dominance of expression.

Dom wise, I think it would incentivise more battles and more participation if there is an additional reward added:

What I would propose is that all dragon bounties that are exalted for the week are collected into a counter of sorts. (The total sum value of all dragons exalted) And that a modest portion of this is divided amongst the participating winners. The more thats exalted in totality- the higher the total payout, the more you participate the larger bounty you recieve. Unlike the passive flight-wide benefits, this would directly go to the people who exalt. I don't know what I would set these thresholds to but something rewarding enough to incentivise participation on low and high ends.

Ideally the amount given out is rewarding in highly-competitive dom battles but not so great that a one-sided profit push reward spikes treasure inflation.

The sad truth is that the big dom battles of the past are too costly to continue in their former frequency, dragon creation far exceeds its exaltation rate and in combination these elements are strangling the longevity of a site that struggles to put out new content frequently enough to combat either problem.
tumblr_nh64rms0ri1qmza3yo5_r1_250.png Plagueisweenies2k15
Another way to make ppl buy /keep more dragons are more regular/active lairspace as well as more hibernal den space. If the staff fixes the feeding mechanics, it be easier for ppl to feed more active dragons and finally open up for more regular /active lairspace! !

An exalt shop would be a nice incitament too. Maybe you could get a special currency /point for each dragon you exalt and use that currency /points in an exalt shop...as long as it does not influence on the current treasure payment you get from exalting.
Another way to make ppl buy /keep more dragons are more regular/active lairspace as well as more hibernal den space. If the staff fixes the feeding mechanics, it be easier for ppl to feed more active dragons and finally open up for more regular /active lairspace! !

An exalt shop would be a nice incitament too. Maybe you could get a special currency /point for each dragon you exalt and use that currency /points in an exalt shop...as long as it does not influence on the current treasure payment you get from exalting.
NO LONGER ACTIVE.

I LEFT FR AND GIVEN AWAY MY STUFF.
[img]https://media.tenor.com/images/ae2565eeee751aa98e95a1ca93f9566f/tenor.gif[/img]
tenor.gif
mire hates me:(
FR +15, +16 during DST
She/Her
Gray Aroace
INTP
English 1st Language
Mandarin Chinese 2nd Language
French 3rd Language
AR60, 100% all released regions
It's... quite a disproportionate number
zia my beloved
I spent 2.4mil t on her, I think she counts
it hasn't been updated in a while but STILL
sweet holds the clan directory
kobi holds the lore directory
tumblr_p27o7vllRE1wvvm88o2_100.png
Honestly if their increased the exalt payout by even 1000t shift per level, that would help a bit. I know they don't want people exalting like that easily but if there is more incentive th exalt then mroe Dragon's WILL go out the window and the floor will rise.
Honestly if their increased the exalt payout by even 1000t shift per level, that would help a bit. I know they don't want people exalting like that easily but if there is more incentive th exalt then mroe Dragon's WILL go out the window and the floor will rise.
8YiSfVe.png
G1s for sale
1 2 3 4 5 6 7