Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | What do you think of Goat and Swirl eyes
1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
I like them ^-^ I already got a breeding pair for goat eyes, now I just need to take over an ice nest >.>
Also swirl I love since it looks like the shadow marvel apparel and overall a funny one :3 I low key want it on all my spirals since they are energetic noddles that get confused and tied up easily xD (also obvious on the adults)

(opinions on the debate of breed eye types)
To be completely honest on those thinking the new eyes being locked from old perms+gen 1 collectors, I'm think it makes sense given (as most people said), they are very hard to see (other then really spirals) and, mostly pointless on adult dragons.

So it kind of makes sense, its near pointless on adults so other then perm babies; old perms and gen 1 aren't really at a loss (gen 1 can still be hatched with the eyes so it just means expensive if you want a perm baby gen 1 or maybe spiral), it doesn't really effect the dragons to a noticeable degree. Also the vials when the eyes were new were a brewable thing for old players to get so they could try to see what it would be like if their perm dragons were hatched once viva new eye genes but if gives the change to multi use them. Its expensive as all heck but its an opinion instead of nothing for something that most people agree is basically useless (minus like perm babies and spirals)

And the eye vials we did get were the really noticable eye things, even on adult dragons. Glowing eyes and dark eyes are super obvious while most breed eyes tend to not be noticeable (minus like multi and primal really and those are super super rare so it not a big deal given they were meant to be low in numbers anyway).
Swirl really isn't much of a noticeable eye type (on adults) but I'm asssuming thats just to give equal things for breeding fun (change of different eyes even if mostly pointless, its the fun of hatching a rare eye dragon) and customization (and given swirl not terrible effect, its a easier coli drop that free if coli and probably won't be terrible much money for something simple
I like them ^-^ I already got a breeding pair for goat eyes, now I just need to take over an ice nest >.>
Also swirl I love since it looks like the shadow marvel apparel and overall a funny one :3 I low key want it on all my spirals since they are energetic noddles that get confused and tied up easily xD (also obvious on the adults)

To be completely honest on those thinking the new eyes being locked from old perms+gen 1 collectors, I'm think it makes sense given (as most people said), they are very hard to see (other then really spirals) and, mostly pointless on adult dragons.

So it kind of makes sense, its near pointless on adults so other then perm babies; old perms and gen 1 aren't really at a loss (gen 1 can still be hatched with the eyes so it just means expensive if you want a perm baby gen 1 or maybe spiral), it doesn't really effect the dragons to a noticeable degree. Also the vials when the eyes were new were a brewable thing for old players to get so they could try to see what it would be like if their perm dragons were hatched once viva new eye genes but if gives the change to multi use them. Its expensive as all heck but its an opinion instead of nothing for something that most people agree is basically useless (minus like perm babies and spirals)

And the eye vials we did get were the really noticable eye things, even on adult dragons. Glowing eyes and dark eyes are super obvious while most breed eyes tend to not be noticeable (minus like multi and primal really and those are super super rare so it not a big deal given they were meant to be low in numbers anyway).
Swirl really isn't much of a noticeable eye type (on adults) but I'm asssuming thats just to give equal things for breeding fun (change of different eyes even if mostly pointless, its the fun of hatching a rare eye dragon) and customization (and given swirl not terrible effect, its a easier coli drop that free if coli and probably won't be terrible much money for something simple
Goat eyes freak me out, so I'm not a fan of that.

Swirl is ok, and I'm always happy to see a new Coli drop!
Goat eyes freak me out, so I'm not a fan of that.

Swirl is ok, and I'm always happy to see a new Coli drop!
td9UiZS.png
I'm still a bit unsure about the Goat eyes, but I absolutely love Swirl. I already got a vial from grinding and I can't wait to find the right colored derg for a fan-dragon so I can apply it!
I'm still a bit unsure about the Goat eyes, but I absolutely love Swirl. I already got a vial from grinding and I can't wait to find the right colored derg for a fan-dragon so I can apply it!
u94F7n8.png x x FObX7rS.png Pladge16.png
[quote name="chocomonster" date="2019-03-22 11:34:53" ] I like them ^-^ I already got a breeding pair for goat eyes, now I just need to take over an ice nest >.> Also swirl I love since it looks like the shadow marvel apparel and overall a funny one :3 I low key want it on all my spirals since they are energetic noddles that get confused and tied up easily xD (also obvious on the adults) (opinions on the debate of breed eye types) To be completely honest on those thinking the new eyes being locked from old perms+gen 1 collectors, I'm think it makes sense given (as most people said), they are very hard to see (other then really spirals) and, mostly pointless on adult dragons. So it kind of makes sense, its near pointless on adults so other then perm babies; old perms and gen 1 aren't really at a loss (gen 1 can still be hatched with the eyes so it just means expensive if you want a perm baby gen 1 or maybe spiral), it doesn't really effect the dragons to a noticeable degree. Also the vials when the eyes were new were a brewable thing for old players to get so they could try to see what it would be like if their perm dragons were hatched once viva new eye genes but if gives the change to multi use them. Its expensive as all heck but its an opinion instead of nothing for something that most people agree is basically useless (minus like perm babies and spirals) And the eye vials we did get were the really noticable eye things, even on adult dragons. Glowing eyes and dark eyes are super obvious while most breed eyes tend to not be noticeable (minus like multi and primal really and those are super super rare so it not a big deal given they were meant to be low in numbers anyway). Swirl really isn't much of a noticeable eye type (on adults) but I'm asssuming thats just to give equal things for breeding fun (change of different eyes even if mostly pointless, its the fun of hatching a rare eye dragon) and customization (and given swirl not terrible effect, its a easier coli drop that free if coli and probably won't be terrible much money for something simple [/quote] I have a gen1 Fae I want goat on and can't. You rule out the breeds that DO show it. Why? Also gen1 perma babies. I might as well add this here too since you think it doesn't matter as much since "they don't show well on adults." [quote name="SkralDrog" date="2019-03-22 11:20:39" ] Dragons that can never have Goat Eyes if born before March 22: Gen 1s Progens Unique IDs Low-Digit IDs Dragons born on important dates Dream Dragons Unique Color Combos Glitched Dragons(Infertile, 3-letter name, etc.) Dragons with Extensive Lore Dragons with Art Dragons that have horizontal pupils in lore Permababies Dragons with Custom Skins/Accents Dragons in lairs that went on hiatus Sentimentals Dragons that were born 5 minutes before goat eyes were implemented Any other of the 50,000,000 dragons that were born before today Dragons that can have Goat Eyes: Dragons born on or after March 22 that are blessed by RNG """""Flight Rising allows vast control and customization of your dragons""""" [/quote]
chocomonster wrote on 2019-03-22 11:34:53:

I have a gen1 Fae I want goat on and can't.
You rule out the breeds that DO show it. Why?
Also gen1 perma babies.

I might as well add this here too since you think it doesn't matter as much since "they don't show well on adults."

SkralDrog wrote on 2019-03-22 11:20:39:
Dragons that can never have Goat Eyes if born before March 22:

Gen 1s
Progens
Unique IDs
Low-Digit IDs
Dragons born on important dates
Dream Dragons
Unique Color Combos
Glitched Dragons(Infertile, 3-letter name, etc.)
Dragons with Extensive Lore
Dragons with Art
Dragons that have horizontal pupils in lore
Permababies
Dragons with Custom Skins/Accents
Dragons in lairs that went on hiatus
Sentimentals
Dragons that were born 5 minutes before goat eyes were implemented
Any other of the 50,000,000 dragons that were born before today

Dragons that can have Goat Eyes:

Dragons born on or after March 22 that are blessed by RNG

"""""Flight Rising allows vast control and customization of your dragons"""""

8YiSfVe.png
G1s for sale
Meh on Goat, and I don't like the way it's been implemented.

Spiral is lovely, adds some nice texture to the eyes even on small-eyed dragons. On my fave breed, guardians, it makes them look like they've got snake eyes. Plus, it's from a coli-drop vial which is nice. I can apply them to any dragon I want.
Meh on Goat, and I don't like the way it's been implemented.

Spiral is lovely, adds some nice texture to the eyes even on small-eyed dragons. On my fave breed, guardians, it makes them look like they've got snake eyes. Plus, it's from a coli-drop vial which is nice. I can apply them to any dragon I want.
KUs4mKR.png yaSdaPU.pngNJq1GMz.png
Feel free to call me Lil and please ping me if you need to get my attention.
@FallenAngel It's understandable that there are things people do not like about the eye updates, but we are unable to do much at the time because this is how the developers of the game decided to implement it.

That being said, chocomonster was just expressing their opinion on the matter of people wanting their old permas to be able to partake in the new eyes, and of course you are entitled to your own opinion, but could I ask that you not be so quick to get angry? chocomonster might not collect G1s or want old permas to have new eyes, so they might not be in the same boat as many others who feel differently. Everyone views things in a different light.

I am not trying to be rude at all, simply asking to not make this thread into a negative one, orignally all I was asking was if people liked the cosmetic look of the eyes, I never intended for a deeper debate about all of it.
@FallenAngel It's understandable that there are things people do not like about the eye updates, but we are unable to do much at the time because this is how the developers of the game decided to implement it.

That being said, chocomonster was just expressing their opinion on the matter of people wanting their old permas to be able to partake in the new eyes, and of course you are entitled to your own opinion, but could I ask that you not be so quick to get angry? chocomonster might not collect G1s or want old permas to have new eyes, so they might not be in the same boat as many others who feel differently. Everyone views things in a different light.

I am not trying to be rude at all, simply asking to not make this thread into a negative one, orignally all I was asking was if people liked the cosmetic look of the eyes, I never intended for a deeper debate about all of it.
Cloud - She/Her
5hF3FGk.png
ytkEBod.png
kHBaXec.png
qGabqd5.png
tumblr_osqe959pr91v8lm95o1_75sq.gif gVI5OAO.pngLGvol4P.png
qJFAY9h.pngjoJXsVi.png
They're fantastic!

Though, I'm worried that Goat eyes being breeding-exclusive drama is going to escalate something similar to the eye update drama... I can understand why, I just don't want to see that happen.
They're fantastic!

Though, I'm worried that Goat eyes being breeding-exclusive drama is going to escalate something similar to the eye update drama... I can understand why, I just don't want to see that happen.
mapleshaiku_siggy.png
[center][img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/526246923984830466/558728864805945364/dreams_crushed.png[/img][/center] I thought we were done with breeding-exclusive eyes. Disappointing that Goat was one that got the short end of the stick. Was really hoping to get those kind of eyes for a couple of my G1s. Swirl is great though, Vials and a Coliseum drop? 10/10.
dreams_crushed.png

I thought we were done with breeding-exclusive eyes. Disappointing that Goat was one that got the short end of the stick. Was really hoping to get those kind of eyes for a couple of my G1s. Swirl is great though, Vials and a Coliseum drop? 10/10.
bantam-Fanger.png
NefariousKing #221629

FR+2 | Bestiary Completionist
small dragon banner by Caprexes
I think it is a pretty neat update. It might take me some time to get used to the new eyes, but they look pretty cool and I'm sure there will be some interesting lore stories involving them.
I think it is a pretty neat update. It might take me some time to get used to the new eyes, but they look pretty cool and I'm sure there will be some interesting lore stories involving them.
MT1tHzE.png
It's a cool update and I know a lot of people were asking for goat eyes, but it's personally not my cup of tea. Now I kind of am like "what if I get the perfect dragon but it has [i]goat eyes[/i]?" [emoji=coatl scared] lol I have a feeling swirl will grow on me though. We'll see.
It's a cool update and I know a lot of people were asking for goat eyes, but it's personally not my cup of tea.

Now I kind of am like "what if I get the perfect dragon but it has goat eyes?" lol

I have a feeling swirl will grow on me though. We'll see.
KvxzF3W.png ♦ adult ♦ he/him ♦ FR Time ♦ kpop fan ♦ pms / pings / friend requests ok ♦ lore

You did well today
1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11