Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Make me tough
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
I bet you wear socks u loser
I bet you wear socks u loser
[quote name="SandBoa" date="2019-02-19 04:41:00" ] [quote name="DoctorAlphys" date="2019-02-19 01:08:33" ] YOU AIN'T NO GOOD, DUCK. [/quote] YOU'RE JUST LIKE YA FATHER [/quote] R O F L @OP I bet you eat cereal with water
SandBoa wrote on 2019-02-19 04:41:00:
DoctorAlphys wrote on 2019-02-19 01:08:33:
YOU AIN'T NO GOOD, DUCK.
YOU'RE JUST
YA FATHER

R O F L

@OP I bet you eat cereal with water
Heart.gif
Your suggestion sucks. Please delete it so we won't have to see it EVER again.

(don't report me to the mods, please.)
Your suggestion sucks. Please delete it so we won't have to see it EVER again.

(don't report me to the mods, please.)
Oup.gif
^ hi.. . my art ^
@FreeToFly
Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries!
@FreeToFly
Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries!
we3Gmh2.pngCWpoTRF.pngjjb11A7.gif
(Sorry in advance! Hopefully my critique is both kinda mean, but also constructive in a way that makes up for me being a horrible person!) @FreeToFly You. Yes you. What is this? You have a lair organized by color, from light to dark. and the you decided to slap a BLACK accent onto one of your dragons. Why? Thats like doing all of your homework, checking it 5 times, and then intentionally feeding it to your pet dogs for laughs. Is light to dark that you worked to create in your first 2 rows a joke to you. This dragon would be eliminated first on the dragon version of project runway. Out of all the pastel accents in the AH, you chose something dark purple? Pastel means LIGHT colors featherbrain! [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=44736501] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/447366/44736501_350.png[/img] [/url] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=47102239] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/471023/47102239_350.png[/img] [/url] [emoji=coatl deadpan] White. Really white? Did he get that outfit idea in the sorienth equivlent of a thrift shop? Here are two SIMPLE ideas that any dunderhead knows about. Red and blue are primary colors, and yet constantly overlooked by the lower class. [outfit=713834] [outfit=713842] basic fashion 101 sister. If you want to use white or silver as an accent color, you must do so tastefully. Like this [outfit=708368] If you do not know how to use accents, don't. [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=40725822] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/407259/40725822_350.png[/img] [/url] This accent is... decent. Why can't all your dragons be more like him? [emoji=coatl confused] However, around a holiday, they stock some lovely pink apparel. buy some. please. (again sorry.)
(Sorry in advance! Hopefully my critique is both kinda mean, but also constructive in a way that makes up for me being a horrible person!)
@FreeToFly
You. Yes you. What is this? You have a lair organized by color, from light to dark. and the you decided to slap a BLACK accent onto one of your dragons. Why? Thats like doing all of your homework, checking it 5 times, and then intentionally feeding it to your pet dogs for laughs. Is light to dark that you worked to create in your first 2 rows a joke to you. This dragon would be eliminated first on the dragon version of project runway. Out of all the pastel accents in the AH, you chose something dark purple? Pastel means LIGHT colors featherbrain!

44736501_350.png

47102239_350.png

White. Really white? Did he get that outfit idea in the sorienth equivlent of a thrift shop? Here are two SIMPLE ideas that any dunderhead knows about. Red and blue are primary colors, and yet constantly overlooked by the lower class.
logical color scheme #1

Basic fashion idea #2

basic fashion 101 sister.
If you want to use white or silver as an accent color, you must do so tastefully. Like this
purdy

If you do not know how to use accents, don't.

40725822_350.png

This accent is... decent. Why can't all your dragons be more like him?
However, around a holiday, they stock some lovely pink apparel. buy some. please.

(again sorry.)
Sometimes I wonder why people post fodder at like, 1000kt.

Then I realize it benefits me, so I don't care!

She/her Pings make me happy! Mass scryer
Use forum search before posting, don’t act like a spoiled child, use reasonable numbers/amounts/percents (if applicable) and I will love you forever
Use forum search before posting, don’t act like a spoiled child, use reasonable numbers/amounts/percents (if applicable) and I will love you forever
Oasis Songbird .And then the sea swept in, and left us all speechless...
. Wishlist... Sales/Trades... Grab Bags
. Skin/Accent Grab Bags
I don’t know if I can be mean for no reason, but I can try to offer some (possibly blunt) advice!
  1. Do not use the Suggestions forum for “haha what if” ideas that you don’t actually want. It’s for genuine suggestions- if you just want to talk about a “what if” scenario, or if you’re making a joke post, use FRD! That’s what FRD is made for.
  2. If you post a suggestion that’s legally questionable and/or would negatively impact a lot of players or the economy (such as the infamous “Stop unnamed exalts!” idea that comes up once a week), and say “I know this won’t work but-”, of course most of your replies will be “No support”. You yourself don’t think your suggestion is a good idea; people are going to agree with that! You’re not going to get people flocking in with coddling posts like “Noooo it’s good!! ;o; Don’t feel bad!!! I love this idea!”; that’s just not how Suggestions works.
  3. ”No support” doesn’t mean people hate you! Suggestions is for discussion. It’s not the “happy cuddle pile for agreements and positivity” forum; people use it to provide both positive and negative feedback. That’s what its purpose is! If someone thinks your suggestion is bad, they don’t hate you, they just don’t like your idea. If someone offers constructive criticism to try to make your suggestion better for more users, that’s good! That’s okay! They’re not being mean; they’re trying to help!

4. On that note, please don’t get defensive, lash out, and insult people for saying “No support” and explaining their viewpoint. That’s incredibly immature and rude— they are using Suggestions as it’s meant to be used, and criticizing your suggestion is not a personal attack. Users are allowed and encouraged to explain why they dislike a suggestion. If you only want positive feedback, and know you’ll get extremely upset if anyone says they dislike your idea, don’t post in Suggestions.

5. Having a poorly thought out suggestion won’t make people dislike you! There are a lot of suggestions that crop up that get 90% “no support” and die off. I’ve had suggestions of my own that didn’t end up being popular. But being deliberately mean and getting angry and hostile at people for not going “I love your idea and think it’s awesome!” is... not going to earn you a lot of sympathy. :’/

6. One last thing: Use Forum Search! Some suggestions come up fairly regularly, so people who frequent the Suggestions forum are kind of sick of seeing them and won’t be as gentle when responding. Before you make a suggestion, use Forum Search to see if your idea has been brought up before!

If it has, check the thread(s). See a ton of “No support” and no “Supports”? Maybe don’t post, and don’t make a new thread with the same suggestion, since it’ll probably get the same reception. If there are a good number of “Supports”, then you can revive the thread with your own feedback! Necro-ing is allowed in Suggestions as long as it stays on-topic, if I remember correctly.

TL;DR:
Don’t take “no support” as a personal attack (it’s not), and don’t be a jerk and insult people for saying “no support”! People are allowed and encouraged to explain why they don’t like any particular suggestion. It’s not an attack against you at all! (Of course, if someone outright calls you a stupid idiot loser, report them for that— but “No support, this is a bad idea because ___” is not an attack.)

And remember to use Forum Search to see if your suggestion has been brought up before you make a new thread! Lightweaver knows we have 35457282 “unnamed exalts” and “gender change scroll” threads out there, haha.
I don’t know if I can be mean for no reason, but I can try to offer some (possibly blunt) advice!
  1. Do not use the Suggestions forum for “haha what if” ideas that you don’t actually want. It’s for genuine suggestions- if you just want to talk about a “what if” scenario, or if you’re making a joke post, use FRD! That’s what FRD is made for.
  2. If you post a suggestion that’s legally questionable and/or would negatively impact a lot of players or the economy (such as the infamous “Stop unnamed exalts!” idea that comes up once a week), and say “I know this won’t work but-”, of course most of your replies will be “No support”. You yourself don’t think your suggestion is a good idea; people are going to agree with that! You’re not going to get people flocking in with coddling posts like “Noooo it’s good!! ;o; Don’t feel bad!!! I love this idea!”; that’s just not how Suggestions works.
  3. ”No support” doesn’t mean people hate you! Suggestions is for discussion. It’s not the “happy cuddle pile for agreements and positivity” forum; people use it to provide both positive and negative feedback. That’s what its purpose is! If someone thinks your suggestion is bad, they don’t hate you, they just don’t like your idea. If someone offers constructive criticism to try to make your suggestion better for more users, that’s good! That’s okay! They’re not being mean; they’re trying to help!

4. On that note, please don’t get defensive, lash out, and insult people for saying “No support” and explaining their viewpoint. That’s incredibly immature and rude— they are using Suggestions as it’s meant to be used, and criticizing your suggestion is not a personal attack. Users are allowed and encouraged to explain why they dislike a suggestion. If you only want positive feedback, and know you’ll get extremely upset if anyone says they dislike your idea, don’t post in Suggestions.

5. Having a poorly thought out suggestion won’t make people dislike you! There are a lot of suggestions that crop up that get 90% “no support” and die off. I’ve had suggestions of my own that didn’t end up being popular. But being deliberately mean and getting angry and hostile at people for not going “I love your idea and think it’s awesome!” is... not going to earn you a lot of sympathy. :’/

6. One last thing: Use Forum Search! Some suggestions come up fairly regularly, so people who frequent the Suggestions forum are kind of sick of seeing them and won’t be as gentle when responding. Before you make a suggestion, use Forum Search to see if your idea has been brought up before!

If it has, check the thread(s). See a ton of “No support” and no “Supports”? Maybe don’t post, and don’t make a new thread with the same suggestion, since it’ll probably get the same reception. If there are a good number of “Supports”, then you can revive the thread with your own feedback! Necro-ing is allowed in Suggestions as long as it stays on-topic, if I remember correctly.

TL;DR:
Don’t take “no support” as a personal attack (it’s not), and don’t be a jerk and insult people for saying “no support”! People are allowed and encouraged to explain why they don’t like any particular suggestion. It’s not an attack against you at all! (Of course, if someone outright calls you a stupid idiot loser, report them for that— but “No support, this is a bad idea because ___” is not an attack.)

And remember to use Forum Search to see if your suggestion has been brought up before you make a new thread! Lightweaver knows we have 35457282 “unnamed exalts” and “gender change scroll” threads out there, haha.
PB-logo-transparent1.png gem.png Ashes | F
gem.png +4h FR time
gem.png Feel free to ping me!
[quote name="TheFamily" date="2019-02-18 19:02:47" ] you probably eat blueberry poptarts [/quote] too harsh
TheFamily wrote on 2019-02-18 19:02:47:
you probably eat blueberry poptarts

too harsh
FObX7rS.png
Hmmm, I think what helps me take criticism irl and in the suggestion forums is to think out your idea, then shred it yourself, aha. Just imagine all of the counterpoints people would come up with so that you'll mentally be ready for just about anything to be thrown your way.

It's hard to be prepared for criticism for what you think is a good idea, speaking from experience. But taking time to pick at your own idea first also helps prepare for counter arguments when people inevitably bring those issues up. Not only will you be mentally prepared for the harsher takes, but you'll also be ready to debate in favor of your own opinion/suggestion
Hmmm, I think what helps me take criticism irl and in the suggestion forums is to think out your idea, then shred it yourself, aha. Just imagine all of the counterpoints people would come up with so that you'll mentally be ready for just about anything to be thrown your way.

It's hard to be prepared for criticism for what you think is a good idea, speaking from experience. But taking time to pick at your own idea first also helps prepare for counter arguments when people inevitably bring those issues up. Not only will you be mentally prepared for the harsher takes, but you'll also be ready to debate in favor of your own opinion/suggestion
29370123p.png172210p.pnghd_onoff.giftumblr_onrm58iiVh1w2095jo2_75sq.pngtumblr_onrm58iiVh1w2095jo1_75sq.png
[quote name="Ningyo" date="2019-02-19 06:50:44" ] I don’t know if I can be mean for no reason, but I can try to offer some (possibly blunt) advice! Do not use the Suggestions forum for “haha what if” ideas that you don’t actually want. It’s for genuine suggestions- if you just want to talk about a “what if” scenario, or if you’re making a joke post, use FRD! That’s what FRD is made for. If you post a suggestion that’s legally questionable and/or would negatively impact a lot of players or the economy (such as the infamous “Stop unnamed exalts!” idea that comes up once a week), and say “I know this won’t work but-”, of course most of your replies will be “No support”. You yourself don’t think your suggestion is a good idea; people are going to agree with that! You’re not going to get people flocking in with coddling posts like “Noooo it’s good!! ;o; Don’t feel bad!!! I love this idea!”; that’s just not how Suggestions works. ”No support” doesn’t mean people hate you! Suggestions is for discussion. It’s not the “happy cuddle pile for agreements and positivity” forum; people use it to provide both positive and negative feedback. That’s what its purpose is! If someone thinks your suggestion is bad, they don’t hate you, they just don’t like your idea. If someone offers constructive criticism to try to make your suggestion better for more users, that’s good! That’s okay! They’re not being mean; they’re trying to help! On that note, please don’t get defensive, lash out, and insult people for saying “No support” and explaining their viewpoint. That’s incredibly immature and rude— they are using Suggestions as it’s meant to be used, and criticizing your suggestion is not a personal attack. Users are allowed and encouraged to explain why they dislike a suggestion. If you only want positive feedback, and know you’ll get extremely upset if anyone says they dislike your idea, don’t post in Suggestions. Having a poorly thought out suggestion won’t make people dislike you! There are a lot of suggestions that crop up that get 90% “no support” and die off. I’ve had suggestions of my own that didn’t end up being popular. But being deliberately mean and getting angry and hostile at people for not going “I love your idea and think it’s awesome!” is... not going to earn you a lot of sympathy. :’/ One last thing: Use Forum Search! Some suggestions come up fairly regularly, so people who frequent the Suggestions forum are kind of sick of seeing them and won’t be as gentle when responding. Before you make a suggestion, use Forum Search to see if your idea has been brought up before! If it has, check the thread(s). See a ton of “No support” and no “Supports”? Maybe don’t post, and don’t make a new thread with the same suggestion, since it’ll probably get the same reception. If there are a good number of “Supports”, then you can revive the thread with your own feedback! Necro-ing is allowed in Suggestions as long as it stays on-topic, if I remember correctly. — TL;DR: Don’t take “no support” as a personal attack (it’s not), and don’t be a jerk and insult people for saying “no support”! People are allowed and encouraged to explain why they don’t like any particular suggestion. It’s not an attack against you at all! (Of course, if someone outright calls you a stupid idiot loser, report them for that— but “No support, this is a bad idea because ___” is not an attack.) And remember to use Forum Search to see if your suggestion has been brought up before you make a new thread! Lightweaver knows we have 35457282 “unnamed exalts” and “gender change scroll” threads out there, haha. [/quote] Pretty much this
Ningyo wrote on 2019-02-19 06:50:44:

Do not use the Suggestions forum for “haha what if” ideas that you don’t actually want. It’s for genuine suggestions- if you just want to talk about a “what if” scenario, or if you’re making a joke post, use FRD! That’s what FRD is made for.

If you post a suggestion that’s legally questionable and/or would negatively impact a lot of players or the economy (such as the infamous “Stop unnamed exalts!” idea that comes up once a week), and say “I know this won’t work but-”, of course most of your replies will be “No support”. You yourself don’t think your suggestion is a good idea; people are going to agree with that! You’re not going to get people flocking in with coddling posts like “Noooo it’s good!! ;o; Don’t feel bad!!! I love this idea!”; that’s just not how Suggestions works.

”No support” doesn’t mean people hate you! Suggestions is for discussion. It’s not the “happy cuddle pile for agreements and positivity” forum; people use it to provide both positive and negative feedback. That’s what its purpose is! If someone thinks your suggestion is bad, they don’t hate you, they just don’t like your idea. If someone offers constructive criticism to try to make your suggestion better for more users, that’s good! That’s okay! They’re not being mean; they’re trying to help!

On that note, please don’t get defensive, lash out, and insult people for saying “No support” and explaining their viewpoint. That’s incredibly immature and rude— they are using Suggestions as it’s meant to be used, and criticizing your suggestion is not a personal attack. Users are allowed and encouraged to explain why they dislike a suggestion. If you only want positive feedback, and know you’ll get extremely upset if anyone says they dislike your idea, don’t post in Suggestions.

Having a poorly thought out suggestion won’t make people dislike you! There are a lot of suggestions that crop up that get 90% “no support” and die off. I’ve had suggestions of my own that didn’t end up being popular. But being deliberately mean and getting angry and hostile at people for not going “I love your idea and think it’s awesome!” is... not going to earn you a lot of sympathy. :’/

One last thing: Use Forum Search! Some suggestions come up fairly regularly, so people who frequent the Suggestions forum are kind of sick of seeing them and won’t be as gentle when responding. Before you make a suggestion, use Forum Search to see if your idea has been brought up before!

TL;DR:

Pretty much this
sig-1-new.pngdivider-up.png
-V e r i d i s Q u o-
kovske.gif
Brazil | EN/PT/RUS |time-flight-icon-very-tiny.png

» Fake FR Breed Workshop
»
Wishlist
»PWYW ART SHOP
»Clan Lore WIP
divider-up.png
48517330.png