Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Make me tough
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
You hairline isn’t on point today
You hairline isn’t on point today
193.png
194.png
5198.png
[quote name="eefles" date="2019-02-18 18:55:09" ] tis not my nature to be mean with no context [/quote]
eefles wrote on 2019-02-18 18:55:09:
tis not my nature to be mean with no context
Apotheosis: (noun) the elevation of someone to divine status; deification.
Moth / She/her/they / Avatar Dragon
Delete this thread and stop embarrassing yourself.
Delete this thread and stop embarrassing yourself.
Pings are cool!

It's @sqld,
with a lowercase
L, not @sqid.
--- Money-making guide

Cycled items guide

G&G Very Hard Ultimate Solver
--
92N6u9f.png
[quote name="minree" date="2019-02-18 20:11:05" ] you are one half of a noggle. [/quote] yeah but to be an insult it would have to be less than that, noggles are divine creatures
minree wrote on 2019-02-18 20:11:05:
you are one half of a noggle.
yeah but to be an insult it would have to be less than that, noggles are divine creatures
silks.gif things are bound to get better
FR+2 || she/her || wishlist || yeehaw
[quote name="SolifugeSpace" date="2019-02-19 08:01:58" ] [quote name="Ningyo" date="2019-02-19 06:50:44" ] I don’t know if I can be mean for no reason, but I can try to offer some (possibly blunt) advice! Do not use the Suggestions forum for “haha what if” ideas that you don’t actually want. It’s for genuine suggestions- if you just want to talk about a “what if” scenario, or if you’re making a joke post, use FRD! That’s what FRD is made for. If you post a suggestion that’s legally questionable and/or would negatively impact a lot of players or the economy (such as the infamous “Stop unnamed exalts!” idea that comes up once a week), and say “I know this won’t work but-”, of course most of your replies will be “No support”. You yourself don’t think your suggestion is a good idea; people are going to agree with that! You’re not going to get people flocking in with coddling posts like “Noooo it’s good!! ;o; Don’t feel bad!!! I love this idea!”; that’s just not how Suggestions works. ”No support” doesn’t mean people hate you! Suggestions is for discussion. It’s not the “happy cuddle pile for agreements and positivity” forum; people use it to provide both positive and negative feedback. That’s what its purpose is! If someone thinks your suggestion is bad, they don’t hate you, they just don’t like your idea. If someone offers constructive criticism to try to make your suggestion better for more users, that’s good! That’s okay! They’re not being mean; they’re trying to help! On that note, please don’t get defensive, lash out, and insult people for saying “No support” and explaining their viewpoint. That’s incredibly immature and rude— they are using Suggestions as it’s meant to be used, and criticizing your suggestion is not a personal attack. Users are allowed and encouraged to explain why they dislike a suggestion. If you only want positive feedback, and know you’ll get extremely upset if anyone says they dislike your idea, don’t post in Suggestions. Having a poorly thought out suggestion won’t make people dislike you! There are a lot of suggestions that crop up that get 90% “no support” and die off. I’ve had suggestions of my own that didn’t end up being popular. But being deliberately mean and getting angry and hostile at people for not going “I love your idea and think it’s awesome!” is... not going to earn you a lot of sympathy. :’/ One last thing: Use Forum Search! Some suggestions come up fairly regularly, so people who frequent the Suggestions forum are kind of sick of seeing them and won’t be as gentle when responding. Before you make a suggestion, use Forum Search to see if your idea has been brought up before! If it has, check the thread(s). See a ton of “No support” and no “Supports”? Maybe don’t post, and don’t make a new thread with the same suggestion, since it’ll probably get the same reception. If there are a good number of “Supports”, then you can revive the thread with your own feedback! Necro-ing is allowed in Suggestions as long as it stays on-topic, if I remember correctly. — TL;DR: Don’t take “no support” as a personal attack (it’s not), and don’t be a jerk and insult people for saying “no support”! People are allowed and encouraged to explain why they don’t like any particular suggestion. It’s not an attack against you at all! (Of course, if someone outright calls you a stupid idiot loser, report them for that— but “No support, this is a bad idea because ___” is not an attack.) And remember to use Forum Search to see if your suggestion has been brought up before you make a new thread! Lightweaver knows we have 35457282 “unnamed exalts” and “gender change scroll” threads out there, haha. [/quote] Pretty much this [/quote]
SolifugeSpace wrote on 2019-02-19 08:01:58:
Ningyo wrote on 2019-02-19 06:50:44:
I don’t know if I can be mean for no reason, but I can try to offer some (possibly blunt) advice!

Do not use the Suggestions forum for “haha what if” ideas that you don’t actually want. It’s for genuine suggestions- if you just want to talk about a “what if” scenario, or if you’re making a joke post, use FRD! That’s what FRD is made for.

If you post a suggestion that’s legally questionable and/or would negatively impact a lot of players or the economy (such as the infamous “Stop unnamed exalts!” idea that comes up once a week), and say “I know this won’t work but-”, of course most of your replies will be “No support”. You yourself don’t think your suggestion is a good idea; people are going to agree with that! You’re not going to get people flocking in with coddling posts like “Noooo it’s good!! ;o; Don’t feel bad!!! I love this idea!”; that’s just not how Suggestions works.

”No support” doesn’t mean people hate you! Suggestions is for discussion. It’s not the “happy cuddle pile for agreements and positivity” forum; people use it to provide both positive and negative feedback. That’s what its purpose is! If someone thinks your suggestion is bad, they don’t hate you, they just don’t like your idea. If someone offers constructive criticism to try to make your suggestion better for more users, that’s good! That’s okay! They’re not being mean; they’re trying to help!

On that note, please don’t get defensive, lash out, and insult people for saying “No support” and explaining their viewpoint. That’s incredibly immature and rude— they are using Suggestions as it’s meant to be used, and criticizing your suggestion is not a personal attack. Users are allowed and encouraged to explain why they dislike a suggestion. If you only want positive feedback, and know you’ll get extremely upset if anyone says they dislike your idea, don’t post in Suggestions.

Having a poorly thought out suggestion won’t make people dislike you! There are a lot of suggestions that crop up that get 90% “no support” and die off. I’ve had suggestions of my own that didn’t end up being popular. But being deliberately mean and getting angry and hostile at people for not going “I love your idea and think it’s awesome!” is... not going to earn you a lot of sympathy. :’/

One last thing: Use Forum Search! Some suggestions come up fairly regularly, so people who frequent the Suggestions forum are kind of sick of seeing them and won’t be as gentle when responding. Before you make a suggestion, use Forum Search to see if your idea has been brought up before!

If it has, check the thread(s). See a ton of “No support” and no “Supports”? Maybe don’t post, and don’t make a new thread with the same suggestion, since it’ll probably get the same reception. If there are a good number of “Supports”, then you can revive the thread with your own feedback! Necro-ing is allowed in Suggestions as long as it stays on-topic, if I remember correctly.

TL;DR:
Don’t take “no support” as a personal attack (it’s not), and don’t be a jerk and insult people for saying “no support”! People are allowed and encouraged to explain why they don’t like any particular suggestion. It’s not an attack against you at all! (Of course, if someone outright calls you a stupid idiot loser, report them for that— but “No support, this is a bad idea because ___” is not an attack.)

And remember to use Forum Search to see if your suggestion has been brought up before you make a new thread! Lightweaver knows we have 35457282 “unnamed exalts” and “gender change scroll” threads out there, haha.

Pretty much this
1550200768301.png 1550941667954.png 1550191311250.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7