Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Exalting Lore?
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
[quote name="2BDamned" date="2023-02-03 17:33:09" ] they just leave the scope of my lore. some of them might still be living in one of my lore cities. who knows. basically it’s, uh… do you remember every person you pass in a crowd? no? exalted dragons (and fodder) are just random dragons you might see once or twice like that. [/quote] basically this. for me, exaltation is a convenient way for me to free up lair space and get money, but it doesn't mean anything as far as the dragon's lore is concerned. most of them are still canonically just living their lives like normal. on the rare occasion I kill off a character, I would also exalt the dragon, but that's a small proportion of exaltees.
2BDamned wrote on 2023-02-03 17:33:09:
they just leave the scope of my lore. some of them might still be living in one of my lore cities. who knows.

basically it’s, uh… do you remember every person you pass in a crowd? no? exalted dragons (and fodder) are just random dragons you might see once or twice like that.
basically this. for me, exaltation is a convenient way for me to free up lair space and get money, but it doesn't mean anything as far as the dragon's lore is concerned. most of them are still canonically just living their lives like normal.

on the rare occasion I kill off a character, I would also exalt the dragon, but that's a small proportion of exaltees.
Bubbly Buddy Razanei Lineage Project
Virtual Hibden
Breed Out the Ugly Challenge
Like most people here, if I decide a dragon dies in lore, I'll exalt them. But most exalts are just going to literally serve the deities. My clan does a lot of exalt training, which is vitally important for dragons born elsewhere who want to serve the Tidelord. Breathing, moving, and fighting underwater is hard to get used to if you aren't born in the Sea.

Once exalted, the dragon joins the ranks of the Tidelord's armies. They fight for dominance, control rain, do random boring flight organizational stuff, coordinate festivals, and basically do normal dragon stuff. They're just so perfectly dedicated to the Tidelord that they don't have time for mates/kids. Occasionally they'll write home, however.

If a dragon dies, they're still going to serve the deity they were closest to, but on a spiritual plane. Certain seers are capable of visiting this plane.
Like most people here, if I decide a dragon dies in lore, I'll exalt them. But most exalts are just going to literally serve the deities. My clan does a lot of exalt training, which is vitally important for dragons born elsewhere who want to serve the Tidelord. Breathing, moving, and fighting underwater is hard to get used to if you aren't born in the Sea.

Once exalted, the dragon joins the ranks of the Tidelord's armies. They fight for dominance, control rain, do random boring flight organizational stuff, coordinate festivals, and basically do normal dragon stuff. They're just so perfectly dedicated to the Tidelord that they don't have time for mates/kids. Occasionally they'll write home, however.

If a dragon dies, they're still going to serve the deity they were closest to, but on a spiritual plane. Certain seers are capable of visiting this plane.
V9b7SpH.png sig_button.png
Dragon go yeet!
Dragon go yeet!
0304941-D-23-B9-407-C-925-C-1-A4-DDF7-D58-B6.gif[url= 7EiI5KP.jpeg
i’ve kind of written it as just.. war-like, i guess? but exaltation might not mean you instantly are a fighter.. you could just be a cook at the front lines
i’ve kind of written it as just.. war-like, i guess? but exaltation might not mean you instantly are a fighter.. you could just be a cook at the front lines
Oo1lWlZ.png

Always looking for a sanddollar/coral/gold range tert G1.. hit me up if you have one! I collect them
1 2 3 4 5 6 7