Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Rookie Mistakes you Regret?
1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 10 11
I received an unbred 5-digit dragon from an older player shortly after I joined, immediately bred it, and exalted the offspring unnamed. I wish I could reach back through time and smack my hand away from the mouse so I wouldn't dooo thaaaaat.

And not so much a mistake, but an early regret of mine was exalting/selling most of my first progen nest. I wish I'd have kept one for lore's sake, but alas.
I received an unbred 5-digit dragon from an older player shortly after I joined, immediately bred it, and exalted the offspring unnamed. I wish I could reach back through time and smack my hand away from the mouse so I wouldn't dooo thaaaaat.

And not so much a mistake, but an early regret of mine was exalting/selling most of my first progen nest. I wish I'd have kept one for lore's sake, but alas.
Gejcwcq.png
I thought that you could only get fest currency from baldwin. at the time I only had enough materials to make one at a time so I ended not getting anything from the fest.
I thought that you could only get fest currency from baldwin. at the time I only had enough materials to make one at a time so I ended not getting anything from the fest.
0e339d30-3d6e-11e9-8895-1988d6584d7c.gifnew_piskel__4__by_justmoredragonstuff-dc78euy.gifnew_piskel__2__by_justmoredragonstuff-dc6yqrm.gifnew_piskel__5__by_justmoredragonstuff-dc78stw.gifgamqog1.gifZksdOni.gifnew_piskel__3__by_justmoredragonstuff-dc74o4j.gifr2mttMy.gifGHWRE8R.gifyeetingingingign.gif
I don't regret much. I've made mistakes sure, but they're not too bad to me. It's unfortunate my progens have some unnamed kids at the top of their lists, and I really didn't understand breed rarity or how to do the colosseum when I started.

But the only thing I truly regret is not getting involved in the forums sooner. I don't think I would have quit for 2 years if I had, and I certainly wouldn't have made so many mistakes. I learned so much about the site in such a short amount of time now that I've been back simply because I was no longer afraid to touch the forums section of the site.
I don't regret much. I've made mistakes sure, but they're not too bad to me. It's unfortunate my progens have some unnamed kids at the top of their lists, and I really didn't understand breed rarity or how to do the colosseum when I started.

But the only thing I truly regret is not getting involved in the forums sooner. I don't think I would have quit for 2 years if I had, and I certainly wouldn't have made so many mistakes. I learned so much about the site in such a short amount of time now that I've been back simply because I was no longer afraid to touch the forums section of the site.
1DamPGa.gifGRmuABI.pngTTxEpjT.gif
When I first joined (which was like in the end of july lmao) i didn't fully understand what exalting was and exalted my first progen nest without leveling it up and leaving it unnamed. I lowkey hate myself now for doing it but you learn from your mistakes I guess!

..now I name every single dragon before exalting to save people the same pain i have lmao
When I first joined (which was like in the end of july lmao) i didn't fully understand what exalting was and exalted my first progen nest without leveling it up and leaving it unnamed. I lowkey hate myself now for doing it but you learn from your mistakes I guess!

..now I name every single dragon before exalting to save people the same pain i have lmao
you are loved.
Exalting my progens' first nest.
Exalting my progens' first nest.
Waystone1.gif
when I was first levelling,
i leveled up some dragons to 25
and exalted them when they didnt sell after 5 days.
when I was first levelling,
i leveled up some dragons to 25
and exalted them when they didnt sell after 5 days.
A dragon dressed up as bubbles and fish that has a Bio full of lesser known tips and tricks to Flight Rising
Not funding the KS despite knowing about FR's existence. I was such a dumb teenager
Not funding the KS despite knowing about FR's existence. I was such a dumb teenager
1163.pnglPHbqY1.png15295.pngdominator_magma_robot_by_defunctbattery-db7x12o.gifznkYagL.png
[quote name="DeadBattery" date="2018-10-08 07:09:34" ] Not funding the KS despite knowing about FR's existence. I was such a dumb teenager [/quote] Yeah I know right I wanted to fund the KS since a ton of people i followed were posting about FR for the entire time it was running,,,,, but money is scarce when you are a teenager lol... The ultimate thing I would go back and change,now that i know how addicted to this place I am,,,,.....
DeadBattery wrote on 2018-10-08 07:09:34:

Yeah I know right I wanted to fund the KS since a ton of people i followed were posting about FR for the entire time it was running,,,,, but money is scarce when you are a teenager lol... The ultimate thing I would go back and change,now that i know how addicted to this place I am,,,,.....
29370123p.png172210p.pnghd_onoff.giftumblr_onrm58iiVh1w2095jo2_75sq.pngtumblr_onrm58iiVh1w2095jo1_75sq.png
[quote name="Scriniarii" date="2018-10-07 22:02:43" ] Not exactly a mistake, but for the first 7~ months I spent on the site I only got one of the festival apparel. Now I always grab at least three...of course, the one time I didn't bother recently it was the Luminous Halo so now I only have two. :P I'd be rich if I'd gotten an extra Solar Blade or two. [/quote] [b][i]m o o d[/i][/b] I didn't start hoarding multiples until the Starlight Cloak, which means I have no duplicates of any of the retired apparel I was here for. Rip. I also made the mistake of not getting the 2015 Nature fest apparel, since noob me thought that flights could only participate in their own festival. Thankfully it's not that expensive, with LAH just shy of 250g/250kt, but I still want to slap 2015 me.
Scriniarii wrote on 2018-10-07 22:02:43:
Not exactly a mistake, but for the first 7~ months I spent on the site I only got one of the festival apparel. Now I always grab at least three...of course, the one time I didn't bother recently it was the Luminous Halo so now I only have two. :P I'd be rich if I'd gotten an extra Solar Blade or two.

m o o d

I didn't start hoarding multiples until the Starlight Cloak, which means I have no duplicates of any of the retired apparel I was here for. Rip.

I also made the mistake of not getting the 2015 Nature fest apparel, since noob me thought that flights could only participate in their own festival. Thankfully it's not that expensive, with LAH just shy of 250g/250kt, but I still want to slap 2015 me.
3 hours ahead of FR time
I know I've had regrets in the past, but I can't think of what a single one of them was, so clearly they weren't painful enough to stick in my memory. I'm actually very happy with my dragons. ^.^
I know I've had regrets in the past, but I can't think of what a single one of them was, so clearly they weren't painful enough to stick in my memory. I'm actually very happy with my dragons. ^.^
THIS ADVERTISING SPACE FOR RENT
1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 10 11