Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Roundsey's Raffle Waste
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Gotta have a treasure sink. That means people are finally thinning out their ridiculous immense wealth.
Gotta have a treasure sink. That means people are finally thinning out their ridiculous immense wealth.
Δ KUJJm1Z.gif 6XeGCFj.gif Ω
I sure would love that sweet sweet $10,900 in MY bank account though. In treasure format or cold hard real world cash...

I think that just shows how unbalanced the economy really is right now though...
I sure would love that sweet sweet $10,900 in MY bank account though. In treasure format or cold hard real world cash...

I think that just shows how unbalanced the economy really is right now though...
29370123p.png172210p.pnghd_onoff.giftumblr_onrm58iiVh1w2095jo2_75sq.pngtumblr_onrm58iiVh1w2095jo1_75sq.png
Yes. Perfect. You counter that inflation I'm told exists, Roundsey. Counter it good.
Yes. Perfect. You counter that inflation I'm told exists, Roundsey. Counter it good.
36627432_DdNrYTjMtSKEqr3.png
To stand a 1% chance of winning one wouldn't have to buy that many tickets, I think. Keep in mind there were 51 prizes, and the moment someone wins a prize, all their other tickets become illegible for winning another, increasing your chances to win a prize.

Ofcourse it is absolutely impossible to determine the chance of winning something, because it depends on who won and how many tickets they bought. But it'd definitely be less than 10 million treasure spent (or 20k tickets) for a 1% chance. Probably closer to a quarter million treasure or 500 tickets.

That being said: It is a great treasure sink! I'm curious how long the userbase will be able to keep this up
To stand a 1% chance of winning one wouldn't have to buy that many tickets, I think. Keep in mind there were 51 prizes, and the moment someone wins a prize, all their other tickets become illegible for winning another, increasing your chances to win a prize.

Ofcourse it is absolutely impossible to determine the chance of winning something, because it depends on who won and how many tickets they bought. But it'd definitely be less than 10 million treasure spent (or 20k tickets) for a 1% chance. Probably closer to a quarter million treasure or 500 tickets.

That being said: It is a great treasure sink! I'm curious how long the userbase will be able to keep this up
This doesn't have to be a negative thing though? This just got rid of a heck ton of treasure that was probably sitting in people's vaults, kinda helping out the economy a little bit.
And although my guess is that this will never be as big in the future unless the big raffle prize is something like a Light Sprite, this is a pretty easy way to release a lot of treasure that's been sitting around into something.
This doesn't have to be a negative thing though? This just got rid of a heck ton of treasure that was probably sitting in people's vaults, kinda helping out the economy a little bit.
And although my guess is that this will never be as big in the future unless the big raffle prize is something like a Light Sprite, this is a pretty easy way to release a lot of treasure that's been sitting around into something.
star | she/her | writer | dreamer | wishlist

Don't forget to learn something new every day!
[quote name="thace" date="2018-08-29 07:17:10" ] Chances are Roundsey's will just be a bidding war between the richest. [/quote]
thace wrote on 2018-08-29 07:17:10:
Chances are Roundsey's will just be a bidding war between the richest.
: +3
: Yes

Discord:
Museless_
SRtoOYm.gif
FAzNnJZ.gif
I’m just over here buying no tickets and waiting for the opportune moment to buy gems...
I’m just over here buying no tickets and waiting for the opportune moment to buy gems...
tumblr_ona6ed8Hu71u9ymyzo6_r1_250.pngtumblr_on2sm1UsoN1u9ymyzo9_r1_100.png
This is fantastic to see, and makes my morning super happy. If Roundsey keeps going the way she is we'll hopefully see the economy stabalize.
This is fantastic to see, and makes my morning super happy. If Roundsey keeps going the way she is we'll hopefully see the economy stabalize.
#UnnamedIsValid
Unnamed dragons need love too! There is no shame in having unnamed permas, having dragons with unnamed parents and/or offspring, or exalting unnamed dragons! Leaving dragons unnamed is a perfectly valid playstyle!

she/her or they/them
[quote name="thace" date="2018-08-29 07:17:10" ] I feel like the participants will start going down after these first few weeks. People get excited over being the first to do things or be a part of it. [/quote] Not to mention the whole “break the counter” thing. I have a feeling that contributed a fair amount of tickets purchased.
thace wrote on 2018-08-29 07:17:10:
I feel like the participants will start going down after these first few weeks. People get excited over being the first to do things or be a part of it.
Not to mention the whole “break the counter” thing. I have a feeling that contributed a fair amount of tickets purchased.
m59NfS2.png
Hmmm, but if we divide the 1,067,500,000 treasure by, say, 3500 (the approximate peak amount of active users I see here daily) we get 305 000 treasure spent per user. :)
Hmmm, but if we divide the 1,067,500,000 treasure by, say, 3500 (the approximate peak amount of active users I see here daily) we get 305 000 treasure spent per user. :)
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9