Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Roundsey's Raffle Waste
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
[quote name="FlareTheDragon" date="2018-08-29 07:12:57" ] ...Wow. [/quote]
FlareTheDragon wrote on 2018-08-29 07:12:57:
...Wow.
__ xiq! #359104
[ she/they ⋅ FR +3 ⋅ wishlist ]
And this is exactly why I only bought 15 tickets. Not sinking too much cash in
And this is exactly why I only bought 15 tickets. Not sinking too much cash in
If the prizes keep being this interesting and good, people are still going to find money to throw into here.

But...this is why I'm stopping at one ticket from now on.
If the prizes keep being this interesting and good, people are still going to find money to throw into here.

But...this is why I'm stopping at one ticket from now on.
spacewhale0.gifqB0EMi0.png
i only wanted to break the counter tbh
i only wanted to break the counter tbh
Uq1cq4S.png
That's...a lot of treasure D:

I'm still gonna participate though; it's exciting! But there's always a limit. I typically stop at 100 tickets, and purchase them gradually throughout the week to kind of space them out and see if that helps my chances of getting my ticket numbers hit (if it works like that!)

That's only about 50kt! Which you can make in a day's worth of the Fairgrounds. I'm not about to compete with super rich players XP

That's...a lot of treasure D:

I'm still gonna participate though; it's exciting! But there's always a limit. I typically stop at 100 tickets, and purchase them gradually throughout the week to kind of space them out and see if that helps my chances of getting my ticket numbers hit (if it works like that!)

That's only about 50kt! Which you can make in a day's worth of the Fairgrounds. I'm not about to compete with super rich players XP

Spits out water
Spits out water
I'm going to throw in a couple tickets each time just for the love of it and the thrill. I do hope that Roundsey will continue to rack up support throughout the coming weeks, as it is proving to be an efficient treasure sink for a specific group of people (I understand the need to create more lair space for people who aren't interesting in retired stuff, but Roundsey is still sapping treasure out from someone, so clearly, it's working).

I think the amount of retired items this time around has encouraged a lot of people to toss more in.

I wonder if there is a week of stuff that's just hard to find, ie Eliminates, especially if there are a lot of Eliminates on the line.

Cursed thought: this is how items are now cycled in. Through Roundsey.
I'm going to throw in a couple tickets each time just for the love of it and the thrill. I do hope that Roundsey will continue to rack up support throughout the coming weeks, as it is proving to be an efficient treasure sink for a specific group of people (I understand the need to create more lair space for people who aren't interesting in retired stuff, but Roundsey is still sapping treasure out from someone, so clearly, it's working).

I think the amount of retired items this time around has encouraged a lot of people to toss more in.

I wonder if there is a week of stuff that's just hard to find, ie Eliminates, especially if there are a lot of Eliminates on the line.

Cursed thought: this is how items are now cycled in. Through Roundsey.
uCR5SCW.png
She’s designed to be a treasure sink, and she’s doing a dang good job.
Besides, it’s nice because she updates during the weekdays. Seeing as most updates come on weekends it’s nice to have something to look forward to.
She’s designed to be a treasure sink, and she’s doing a dang good job.
Besides, it’s nice because she updates during the weekdays. Seeing as most updates come on weekends it’s nice to have something to look forward to.
iO2X60T.png
I bought 60 tickets for 30000 treasure. I wasn't really interested in any of the items besides the dragon, but I also knew 30kt was easily re-earned if I needed it. I wasn't going to empty my vault for it. I was disappointed in the raffle for sure, but I do think that huge amount of spending on nothing will help balance the economy of the game.

I've only been playing since early July and it was one of the first things I noticed is that the economy and pricing of everything, but especially dragons, seems to be arbitrary. Sure, rare things go for more, and rare dragons (gen 1, level 15+, etc) go for a lot of treasure and that's great.

But when I was seeing dragons with the same genes and colors go for wildly different amounts. There was really no reason to the pricing on the auction house at all, and in the dragons for sale forums (and the hatchery threads and such as well) dragons you could find on the auction house for 8000 treasure were being sold for 30000, 50000, 75000 treasure. I didn't understand it at all. Same generation, same genes, same colors, wildly different prices.

Of course, I'm taking this game too seriously. It is, after all, just a game. It's a wonderful past time and intensely fun to play but the logician in me just wants the economy to make sense, for assigned values to be universal.

But that's probably too much to ask as if you look at the real world economy (and the one I'm most familiar with, the American economy) things are assigned values for arbitrary reasons all the time. Like two years ago with the Fingerling robot puppet toy things. Holiday season rolls around, their the hot ticket item for some reason (children) and then the adults LOSE THEIR MINDS trying to buy them for $100 or more. A $15 toy for $100+ dollars. Ridiculous.
I bought 60 tickets for 30000 treasure. I wasn't really interested in any of the items besides the dragon, but I also knew 30kt was easily re-earned if I needed it. I wasn't going to empty my vault for it. I was disappointed in the raffle for sure, but I do think that huge amount of spending on nothing will help balance the economy of the game.

I've only been playing since early July and it was one of the first things I noticed is that the economy and pricing of everything, but especially dragons, seems to be arbitrary. Sure, rare things go for more, and rare dragons (gen 1, level 15+, etc) go for a lot of treasure and that's great.

But when I was seeing dragons with the same genes and colors go for wildly different amounts. There was really no reason to the pricing on the auction house at all, and in the dragons for sale forums (and the hatchery threads and such as well) dragons you could find on the auction house for 8000 treasure were being sold for 30000, 50000, 75000 treasure. I didn't understand it at all. Same generation, same genes, same colors, wildly different prices.

Of course, I'm taking this game too seriously. It is, after all, just a game. It's a wonderful past time and intensely fun to play but the logician in me just wants the economy to make sense, for assigned values to be universal.

But that's probably too much to ask as if you look at the real world economy (and the one I'm most familiar with, the American economy) things are assigned values for arbitrary reasons all the time. Like two years ago with the Fingerling robot puppet toy things. Holiday season rolls around, their the hot ticket item for some reason (children) and then the adults LOSE THEIR MINDS trying to buy them for $100 or more. A $15 toy for $100+ dollars. Ridiculous.
ZVpCPil.png
With 500 treasure for a chance to win, many users could never hope to pool their funds to buy the items raffled out for the amount they are paying for the raffle tickets, I think?
With 500 treasure for a chance to win, many users could never hope to pool their funds to buy the items raffled out for the amount they are paying for the raffle tickets, I think?
~She/her~
Don't be afraid to ping me
nature_small.png #UnnamedIsValid
Let them fight!
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9