Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Roundsey's Raffle Waste
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
[quote]So, what could we have bought with all those gems? Well…. [item=Light Sprite] (49kg) x 25[/quote] Okay, while it's nice and all that the collective dumping of money from the ENTIRE WEBSITE could add up to 25 light sprites, it's not like you can split up said sprites between the, what, 10k active people online? "Guy's, mom said it's MY turn to use the light sprite."
Quote:
So, what could we have bought with all those gems? Well….

Light Sprite (49kg) x 25

Okay, while it's nice and all that the collective dumping of money from the ENTIRE WEBSITE could add up to 25 light sprites, it's not like you can split up said sprites between the, what, 10k active people online?

"Guy's, mom said it's MY turn to use the light sprite."
UG6GDCD.png vs6dHdi.png Always looking for double turquoise G1s!
so if everyone on fr collectively buys 25 light sprites... how do we decide who gets them?
high-stakes betting on mario party AIs? how do we decide who gets to bet on princess peach, destroyer of worlds?
so if everyone on fr collectively buys 25 light sprites... how do we decide who gets them?
high-stakes betting on mario party AIs? how do we decide who gets to bet on princess peach, destroyer of worlds?
it/star/he/they/she + any/all
aromantic asexual
[quote name="PiecesOSky" date="2018-08-29 07:25:53" ] I’m just over here buying no tickets and waiting for the opportune moment to buy gems... [/quote] Amen. :]
PiecesOSky wrote on 2018-08-29 07:25:53:
I’m just over here buying no tickets and waiting for the opportune moment to buy gems...

Amen. :]
Long Patrol and Hibden
for forum games, please.
QF3R6o0.png mFu1NtF.png
[/center]
i bought 15kt worth of tickets, not expecting much, and now i see that i won't even try with this thing anymore haha
i bought 15kt worth of tickets, not expecting much, and now i see that i won't even try with this thing anymore haha
I kind of wish people would stop with the "you're silly to play" stuff. This isn't rl where money actually means something, it's an online game where the virtual money is really easy to earn. I only threw 100k into it to get 200 tickets. Sure, it's not much, but it was fun to have even a tiny bit of a chance. I don't really expect to win but that amount of treasure is barely anything. I can definitely spare 100kt once a week for 200 tickets.

If people want to spend ridiculous amounts of treasure (multiple millions for example), that's their choice. But I've seen a lot of comments from people being like, "You're wasting treasure! You could spend it on something else!" Everyone who has a lick of sense knows the chances of winning a lottery are slim to none, they just play for the fun of it. And, again, if someone wants to waste their virtual money on something... who cares?

Honestly this thread is fun just to see exactly how much was spent and what could be bought with that money but that money is from everyone who bought tickets. It's not like those expensive items could be split up between everyone. It's a pool of money from everyone.

Roundsey is also awesome because it's a treasure sink which FR didn't have much of until now. It also adds more older, rare items into the economy so they're a bit more obtainable by new accounts. I've seen the owners of those items complaining but I couldn't really care less. I even say that as someone who's had old, rare items devalued in the past on this site and others. Besides, there are only a few going into circulation. It's not like 100 Speedys were thrown into the economy, tanking the whole thing. It was only a few.

Bluh, I've just seen people being really unreasonable about this and borderline insulting other players and I'm tired of it.
I kind of wish people would stop with the "you're silly to play" stuff. This isn't rl where money actually means something, it's an online game where the virtual money is really easy to earn. I only threw 100k into it to get 200 tickets. Sure, it's not much, but it was fun to have even a tiny bit of a chance. I don't really expect to win but that amount of treasure is barely anything. I can definitely spare 100kt once a week for 200 tickets.

If people want to spend ridiculous amounts of treasure (multiple millions for example), that's their choice. But I've seen a lot of comments from people being like, "You're wasting treasure! You could spend it on something else!" Everyone who has a lick of sense knows the chances of winning a lottery are slim to none, they just play for the fun of it. And, again, if someone wants to waste their virtual money on something... who cares?

Honestly this thread is fun just to see exactly how much was spent and what could be bought with that money but that money is from everyone who bought tickets. It's not like those expensive items could be split up between everyone. It's a pool of money from everyone.

Roundsey is also awesome because it's a treasure sink which FR didn't have much of until now. It also adds more older, rare items into the economy so they're a bit more obtainable by new accounts. I've seen the owners of those items complaining but I couldn't really care less. I even say that as someone who's had old, rare items devalued in the past on this site and others. Besides, there are only a few going into circulation. It's not like 100 Speedys were thrown into the economy, tanking the whole thing. It was only a few.

Bluh, I've just seen people being really unreasonable about this and borderline insulting other players and I'm tired of it.
Yes, but who won??
Yes, but who won??
Previously: LittleDoctor
GamzP1L.gif
[quote name="Firk" date="2018-08-29 13:26:42" ] I kind of wish people would stop with the "you're silly to play" stuff. This isn't rl where money actually means something, it's an online game where the virtual money is really easy to earn. I only threw 100k into it to get 200 tickets. Sure, it's not much, but it was fun to have even a tiny bit of a chance. I don't really expect to win but that amount of treasure is barely anything. I can definitely spare 100kt once a week for 200 tickets. If people want to spend ridiculous amounts of treasure (multiple millions for example), that's their choice. But I've seen a lot of comments from people being like, "You're wasting treasure! You could spend it on something else!" Everyone who has a lick of sense knows the chances of winning a lottery are slim to none, they just play for the fun of it. And, again, if someone wants to waste their virtual money on something... who cares? Honestly this thread is fun just to see exactly how much was spent and what could be bought with that money but that money is from everyone who bought tickets. It's not like those expensive items could be split up between everyone. It's a pool of money from everyone. Roundsey is also awesome because it's a treasure sink which FR didn't have much of until now. It also adds more older, rare items into the economy so they're a bit more obtainable by new accounts. I've seen the owners of those items complaining but I couldn't really care less. I even say that as someone who's had old, rare items devalued in the past on this site and others. Besides, there are only a few going into circulation. It's not like 100 Speedys were thrown into the economy, tanking the whole thing. It was only a few. Bluh, I've just seen people being really unreasonable about this and borderline insulting other players and I'm tired of it. [/quote] ^^^^ Also, I wish I was Roundsey now So many monies...
Firk wrote on 2018-08-29 13:26:42:

^^^^

Also, I wish I was Roundsey now
So many monies...
BLACK LIVES MATTER

thisaddefinitelydoesntminebitcoin.gif
I think Roundsey's doing an excellent job of vacuuming treasure out of people's hands, and it shouldn't be any surprise because gambling smacks us right in the brainpan, in terms of chemical responses. We're wired to find anticipation *extremely* rewarding, far more than receiving something we want. Of course she's successful. I don't anticipate her becoming less successful at her job. Maybe some ups and downs depending on the prizes in question, but people are going to keep trying.

I have always thought of things like lottery tickets as a license to daydream for a little while of what I'd do with the winnings, if I happened to win. I never think I'm going to, but it's fun to picture it for a bit, and that's what my buck buys me when I remember to buy a ticket. Roundsey was the same way... I had a great time wondering how the auction for that triple gen1 would go if I ended up with it, and what I'd do with the resulting gems. So I didn't win... big deal. It was still fun to play. :)

You keep doing your thing, Roundsey. *waves little flag*
I think Roundsey's doing an excellent job of vacuuming treasure out of people's hands, and it shouldn't be any surprise because gambling smacks us right in the brainpan, in terms of chemical responses. We're wired to find anticipation *extremely* rewarding, far more than receiving something we want. Of course she's successful. I don't anticipate her becoming less successful at her job. Maybe some ups and downs depending on the prizes in question, but people are going to keep trying.

I have always thought of things like lottery tickets as a license to daydream for a little while of what I'd do with the winnings, if I happened to win. I never think I'm going to, but it's fun to picture it for a bit, and that's what my buck buys me when I remember to buy a ticket. Roundsey was the same way... I had a great time wondering how the auction for that triple gen1 would go if I ended up with it, and what I'd do with the resulting gems. So I didn't win... big deal. It was still fun to play. :)

You keep doing your thing, Roundsey. *waves little flag*
Traveling Wind Clan! We have toured every Flight in Sornieth!
We completed our round-the-world tour on July 6th, 2020 and are once again home in Wind!

Previous Visits: Wind, Earth, Light, Shadow, Nature, Arcane, Ice, Fire, Water, Lightning, Plague
the reason there arent as many tickets sold so far this time is because we arent trying to break the counter this time lmaoo
the reason there arent as many tickets sold so far this time is because we arent trying to break the counter this time lmaoo
yeahbuddy.png
Boo
he/him
um,, hi lol
smol.png
chrysocolla.gif
I'm glad Roundsey is clearing up some of the excess treasure lying around. Let's hear it for decreasing inflation!
I'm glad Roundsey is clearing up some of the excess treasure lying around. Let's hear it for decreasing inflation!
wq9PoXA.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9