Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Gathering not enough
1 2 3
I have 153 dragons. If I use all of my gathering turns split fairly evenly between the food types (4-meat, 4-plant, 3-seafood, 4-insect, because less of my dergs need Seafood) and then convert EVERYTHING without keeping anything for Swipp or Badwin or sale or whatever, this is the result: [img]https://78.media.tumblr.com/47c4fd163881f4ac7f3eb28525efc1ba/tumblr_inline_pdecydGQsF1qbaqh3_540.png[/img] This is a fairly average daily result. It's not enough for 153 dragons, by quite a lot. If I want to feed them all I have to go and buy extra food. It's a minor thing, but it is annoying, and it would be nice if gathering turns could be relied upon to at least feed all of the dragons in your lair? I guess all I'm saying is that larger lairs should maybe get a couple of extra gathering turns? Or maybe (if you're worried about gathering being turned for profit) just get a few extra food-points on rollover? Non-convertible, not items, not worth any treasure, just food points. [/rambling]
I have 153 dragons. If I use all of my gathering turns split fairly evenly between the food types (4-meat, 4-plant, 3-seafood, 4-insect, because less of my dergs need Seafood) and then convert EVERYTHING without keeping anything for Swipp or Badwin or sale or whatever, this is the result:
tumblr_inline_pdecydGQsF1qbaqh3_540.png

This is a fairly average daily result. It's not enough for 153 dragons, by quite a lot. If I want to feed them all I have to go and buy extra food.

It's a minor thing, but it is annoying, and it would be nice if gathering turns could be relied upon to at least feed all of the dragons in your lair?

I guess all I'm saying is that larger lairs should maybe get a couple of extra gathering turns? Or maybe (if you're worried about gathering being turned for profit) just get a few extra food-points on rollover? Non-convertible, not items, not worth any treasure, just food points.

[/rambling]
@inkypetrel

if you have a lair that big, I don't know if it'd be rude to suggest or not but maybe grinding in a low level, 3 food point venue is right for you? It'd be fast enough for you to get a lot of food (as well as giving enough on drops) and fufilling enough for you to get a good amount for said food. I personally recommend the Blooming Grove. Though I usually sell my food, if I converted it it'd give me a good amount of food points imo.

The concept of getting more gathering turns the bigger your lair is interesting, yes. It would add purpose to the lesser/mighty/venerable/ancient aesthetic, and would make sense lorewise. But it would make things unbalanced, and especially unfair to those who keep their lairs small on purpose.

(admittedly getting a few extra food points on rollover would be nice imo)
@inkypetrel

if you have a lair that big, I don't know if it'd be rude to suggest or not but maybe grinding in a low level, 3 food point venue is right for you? It'd be fast enough for you to get a lot of food (as well as giving enough on drops) and fufilling enough for you to get a good amount for said food. I personally recommend the Blooming Grove. Though I usually sell my food, if I converted it it'd give me a good amount of food points imo.

The concept of getting more gathering turns the bigger your lair is interesting, yes. It would add purpose to the lesser/mighty/venerable/ancient aesthetic, and would make sense lorewise. But it would make things unbalanced, and especially unfair to those who keep their lairs small on purpose.

(admittedly getting a few extra food points on rollover would be nice imo)
000000000000000dragonsnake.gif
Cis/She/They
rollover at 3:00 AM for me
On mobile often
Mostly inactive

Olifoli.gif
I don't think Gathering turns should increase depending on the Lair size, but I would absolutely support the Food-Gathering options (or all Gathering in total) to be more rewarding, depending on your level.
I am almost maxxed out on all Gathering Kinds and still, sometimes I only get 1 Food Item per Gathering Turn, which is something that absolutely should not happen at that level.

I know it hurts but for now it seems like you have to indeed do some coli-ing on your own, or simply buying the cheapest packs of food you can get. ; _ ;
(There might be a food bank in your Flight, though? I know many Flights got some!)
I don't think Gathering turns should increase depending on the Lair size, but I would absolutely support the Food-Gathering options (or all Gathering in total) to be more rewarding, depending on your level.
I am almost maxxed out on all Gathering Kinds and still, sometimes I only get 1 Food Item per Gathering Turn, which is something that absolutely should not happen at that level.

I know it hurts but for now it seems like you have to indeed do some coli-ing on your own, or simply buying the cheapest packs of food you can get. ; _ ;
(There might be a food bank in your Flight, though? I know many Flights got some!)
fr_hatchery_button_small_by_naahva-dch05rf.png
[ Yoshi ]
[ +9h FR time ]
[ ger | eng | jpn ]
[ he / him ]
[ Language Learning Hub ]
naturef1.png
@InkyPetrel

Having a larger lair is a choice, not a required game mechanic - and figuring out how to effectively feed one is part of the game.

I would be very, very upset if gathering turns were adjusted for lair size. And I have a fully expanded lair at 200 spaces.
@InkyPetrel

Having a larger lair is a choice, not a required game mechanic - and figuring out how to effectively feed one is part of the game.

I would be very, very upset if gathering turns were adjusted for lair size. And I have a fully expanded lair at 200 spaces.
if you have time, you should definitely consider coli grinding! just in the lower venues as someone suggested, for some time. probably not even an hour needed and you’ll be good to go :v
personally i don’t think more turns for bigger lairs is needed - i know a lot of people with maxed space who have more food than they know what to do with and can easily feed their dragons 0:
if you have time, you should definitely consider coli grinding! just in the lower venues as someone suggested, for some time. probably not even an hour needed and you’ll be good to go :v
personally i don’t think more turns for bigger lairs is needed - i know a lot of people with maxed space who have more food than they know what to do with and can easily feed their dragons 0:
..................................... MUYNhfy.png
dEe2UrM.png

5hF3FGk.png
7Y0SkWr.png Np4NxIR.png
HZSRMw5.png
nL26Ewd.png
I think the major thing that's broken with the gathering system is that someone who has a gathering level of 10+ can come home with 1 2-point food (or even a familiar and no food) item for the entire gathering turn. I don't think people with larger lairs need more turns if their gathering turn was guaranteed to bring back more than 2 points of food.

I find it pretty frustrating that my dragons will only being me home 1 Diseased Mushroom. Who's that gonna feed? No one that's who. Imo if all they did was fix it so that you were guaranteed a certain number of stacks (of which familiars could not fill and would instead be a bonus, extra stack) based on your level I think that would help immensely.
I think the major thing that's broken with the gathering system is that someone who has a gathering level of 10+ can come home with 1 2-point food (or even a familiar and no food) item for the entire gathering turn. I don't think people with larger lairs need more turns if their gathering turn was guaranteed to bring back more than 2 points of food.

I find it pretty frustrating that my dragons will only being me home 1 Diseased Mushroom. Who's that gonna feed? No one that's who. Imo if all they did was fix it so that you were guaranteed a certain number of stacks (of which familiars could not fill and would instead be a bonus, extra stack) based on your level I think that would help immensely.
My Nuzlocke!
Seeking Marriage Prospects
You don't have to convert everything. Convert all plants that you have and feed all dragons who eat plants, not just the one with plants as their primary feeding choice. Then seafood for dragons who don't eat plants. Most dragons should be fed at this point, but if there are any left, convert some meat/insect points. Keep baldwin/swipp mats.
You don't have to convert everything. Convert all plants that you have and feed all dragons who eat plants, not just the one with plants as their primary feeding choice. Then seafood for dragons who don't eat plants. Most dragons should be fed at this point, but if there are any left, convert some meat/insect points. Keep baldwin/swipp mats.
I spend all my daily gathering turns on one type each day. I've never dipped below 4k points on any food type. But I will mention that I am pretty much maxed level on every food gathering type.

But as a few people have already said, grinding in the coli every now and then is a good idea. Getting that surplus of food does wonders to the stores.
I spend all my daily gathering turns on one type each day. I've never dipped below 4k points on any food type. But I will mention that I am pretty much maxed level on every food gathering type.

But as a few people have already said, grinding in the coli every now and then is a good idea. Getting that surplus of food does wonders to the stores.
kHt8Jx6.png3Mq5UfO.pngDZgFBeP.png
in addition to coli grinding, i also suggest rationing. instead of converting all your food at once, convert just plants, feed, then meat/insects (whatever you end up having more of), feed, seafood, feed.

plants are incredibly cheap to buy, and very common. even a 99 stack (which is 396 points) is only 7g.
in addition to coli grinding, i also suggest rationing. instead of converting all your food at once, convert just plants, feed, then meat/insects (whatever you end up having more of), feed, seafood, feed.

plants are incredibly cheap to buy, and very common. even a 99 stack (which is 396 points) is only 7g.
Scorchpaw Prowler
i never gather food. i always scavenge, my food comes from the coli
i never gather food. i always scavenge, my food comes from the coli
visit my favorites!

Leszyslz // Junkpile // Wolfsbane // Ruckus // Rowan

she/her. hoards tarantulas and rabbits in-game! ask me about anything dinosaur, cow, or rabbit related :)
1 2 3