Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Gathering not enough
1 2 3
@InkyPetrel

Boil down all 2pt value foods into mats for Baldwin, brew soylent of your needed type.

Soylent turns 2pt food into 8pt food and you get 5 each for the time, better value in the long run, doesn't require as much effort as coli.
@InkyPetrel

Boil down all 2pt value foods into mats for Baldwin, brew soylent of your needed type.

Soylent turns 2pt food into 8pt food and you get 5 each for the time, better value in the long run, doesn't require as much effort as coli.
YgOQ2oY.pngRfSBvPi.pngRtSbM78.pngiezVfl0.pngiWjBTCn.png

I do agree that it makes no sense for dragons to bring back 1 item even if the gathering type is at max level, and I also agree that more gathering turns for bigger lairs is a bad idea. It would be really nice if the higher a gathering type gets, the higher the minimal outcome would become.
I do agree that it makes no sense for dragons to bring back 1 item even if the gathering type is at max level, and I also agree that more gathering turns for bigger lairs is a bad idea. It would be really nice if the higher a gathering type gets, the higher the minimal outcome would become.
I'll Secondary Gene: Morph to someone else. I'm just a Tertiary Gene: Ghost Sprsme376.gifSprcr079.gif
I also agree with the higher your Gathering level, the higher amount of items your dragons should bring back. That only seems fair. But as other users have said, definitely use the Coliseum! Even if you don't plan on using it a lot otherwise, it is very rewarding to level up at least one team (use guides to find out what stats you should use for them and what battle stones) and then you can use those for easy food in the lower venues! It's fast, and coli gives you a small chance of rare item drops as well.
I also agree with the higher your Gathering level, the higher amount of items your dragons should bring back. That only seems fair. But as other users have said, definitely use the Coliseum! Even if you don't plan on using it a lot otherwise, it is very rewarding to level up at least one team (use guides to find out what stats you should use for them and what battle stones) and then you can use those for easy food in the lower venues! It's fast, and coli gives you a small chance of rare item drops as well.
Anders - they/them
FR + 9
c31cd73353e8e18a174efbb6ef9aa809.gif
Yeah, large lairs definitely have to rely on the coli to get all the food they need. After I started grinding regularly, I never had to gather for food. Now I'm sitting at a steady 3k for every food item with stores upon stores of extra.
Yeah, large lairs definitely have to rely on the coli to get all the food they need. After I started grinding regularly, I never had to gather for food. Now I'm sitting at a steady 3k for every food item with stores upon stores of extra.
sQ35KLV.png
I like pings
In a very old Q&A Undel said we'd get larger animals as gathering levels were added. So the problem right now is that the max gathering levels don't reflect how big our lairs can get. On top of that, we really do need to fix the issue of gathering turns bringing back such low rations. 1 and 2 point food items should not be the only thing returned on a single gathering turn with current max levels.
In a very old Q&A Undel said we'd get larger animals as gathering levels were added. So the problem right now is that the max gathering levels don't reflect how big our lairs can get. On top of that, we really do need to fix the issue of gathering turns bringing back such low rations. 1 and 2 point food items should not be the only thing returned on a single gathering turn with current max levels.
Nobody wants to tell you why discipline is so important. Discipline is the strongest form of self-love. It is ignoring current pleasures for bigger rewards to come. It's loving yourself enough to give yourself everything you've ever wanted.
Given that lair size and gather level are pretty divorced from each other, I don't think there's anything active that the admins can really do. Yes, I do agree that the higher level you are, the more items you should be gathering, because it doesn't make sense to be bringing back one maggot. Maybe a base level per 10 levels of how many items, like 1, then 2, then 3, etc.

Like others, I suggest the coli. Food is actually decently cheap on the AH, especially plants, so shove as many of those down your dragon's throats as possible.
Given that lair size and gather level are pretty divorced from each other, I don't think there's anything active that the admins can really do. Yes, I do agree that the higher level you are, the more items you should be gathering, because it doesn't make sense to be bringing back one maggot. Maybe a base level per 10 levels of how many items, like 1, then 2, then 3, etc.

Like others, I suggest the coli. Food is actually decently cheap on the AH, especially plants, so shove as many of those down your dragon's throats as possible.
uCR5SCW.png
That is why I always wanted the gathering reworked to include more than just 'new items' at higher levels - like higher chances of more drops.
That is why I always wanted the gathering reworked to include more than just 'new items' at higher levels - like higher chances of more drops.
Gathering emphatically needs to be fixed so that the higher level you are, the more worth the items you bring back are. There's no reason a 40-level gatherer should bring back a single 1-star item on a turn. That needs to be fixed.

That said, as it is now, your best bet is Coli. I think keeping dragons fed is supposed to function like a soft cap to lair size, as it were.
Gathering emphatically needs to be fixed so that the higher level you are, the more worth the items you bring back are. There's no reason a 40-level gatherer should bring back a single 1-star item on a turn. That needs to be fixed.

That said, as it is now, your best bet is Coli. I think keeping dragons fed is supposed to function like a soft cap to lair size, as it were.
(Please don't ping me in the Suggestions Forum).
I haven't run into the issue of food yet... But seeing as my lair expanding, and there IS a gathering level cap, coli grinding and converting mire food drops into food has been working out for me. Also, food isn't too expensive on the AH. It'd be really helpful if higher levels always brought a minimum amount of items. As I worry that some swipp items will stop dropping if we have an increasing baseline value for drops as we level up. Side note: THIS DUDE'S LOOKS AND EVEN SOUNDS LIKE A WAR VET. WOW [s]A pro coli fighter.[/s] [quote name="kenjirou" date="2018-08-13 05:24:11" ] i never gather food. i always scavenge, my food comes from the coli [/quote]
I haven't run into the issue of food yet... But seeing as my lair expanding, and there IS a gathering level cap, coli grinding and converting mire food drops into food has been working out for me. Also, food isn't too expensive on the AH.

It'd be really helpful if higher levels always brought a minimum amount of items. As I worry that some swipp items will stop dropping if we have an increasing baseline value for drops as we level up.

Side note: THIS DUDE'S LOOKS AND EVEN SOUNDS LIKE A WAR VET. WOW A pro coli fighter.
kenjirou wrote on 2018-08-13 05:24:11:
i never gather food. i always scavenge, my food comes from the coli

wqnTQE2.png Adult Player | She/they | 3+ FR Time | Wishlist

[Sale] Flaxen G1s
There ARE issues with the gathering function on FR, as some people have already explained. I wish there would be a minimum number of items that you get from each turn. I'm at lvl 20 for scavenging and sometimes I still get a single trash item from one turn.

Since I started grinding in the coli, I don't really use gathering turns in the food areas. Maybe you could try leveling fodder so you can get food drops and also earn extra money on the side.
There ARE issues with the gathering function on FR, as some people have already explained. I wish there would be a minimum number of items that you get from each turn. I'm at lvl 20 for scavenging and sometimes I still get a single trash item from one turn.

Since I started grinding in the coli, I don't really use gathering turns in the food areas. Maybe you could try leveling fodder so you can get food drops and also earn extra money on the side.
Ljw7JvQ.png
55xbf1H.png
J7D1quC.png
L74Jfbv.png
1 2 3