Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | anyone else burnt out?
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
@Ignatius Don't get me wrong I do agree with a sum of what you're saying but the expectations at the beginning, were realistic. You've played through festivals and NotN, yes? People set quite big goals and are used to a grind in order to achieve them and it's usually doable. I think people went in with that mentality and got wrapped up in it, so much time/money invested and no turning back. It's basically gambling?

There is a thread below where someone wasted hours, 2mil treasure and $50 worth of gems trying to get eyes on just one dragon. That isn't an unrealistic goal to have for an event and I don't think that person deserves to feel the way they feel for trying.
@Ignatius Don't get me wrong I do agree with a sum of what you're saying but the expectations at the beginning, were realistic. You've played through festivals and NotN, yes? People set quite big goals and are used to a grind in order to achieve them and it's usually doable. I think people went in with that mentality and got wrapped up in it, so much time/money invested and no turning back. It's basically gambling?

There is a thread below where someone wasted hours, 2mil treasure and $50 worth of gems trying to get eyes on just one dragon. That isn't an unrealistic goal to have for an event and I don't think that person deserves to feel the way they feel for trying.
Heart.gif
I am a veritable chalice of angst and exhaustion.
I adore the new eyes, (especially those that added definition and shading instead of taking it away) but removing the old eyes (pre-event) with no way to bring them back has also upset me, especially for a few dragons that I bought and gened specifically to match their eyes (some with triple gem genes that took a lot of effort and time to afford). Is it a huge deal? No, but I don't like having changed forced upon me and certainly haven't been in the mood to scrape together what scrolls I can get before they're -gone forever-.

Spending 6+ hours a day performing a repetitive action isn't healthy for anyone, mentally or physically, though it's given me an excuse to catch up on some podcasts. However, I've been able to scroll 14 dragons to the eyes of my desire (fortunately I only care for uncommon-rare types so it took a max of like 8 scrolls, average 1-3 per dragon). I probably spent under 40 total. I've managed to collect another 65 so far, but I still have a bit longer in purgatory coli until I collapse. My wrists ache and my back is killing me, but I have played and loved this game for well over 4 years and my completionism overtakes my common sense.

I understand that this is primarily supposed to be a breeding change, but as a collector of Gen1 dragons that's simply not how I play the game, and I wish that different playstyles were taken into account when removing game-changing items permanently. It seems far more reasonable to allow at least some of the eye types to be purchased in the future, even if they were to be ludicrously expensive after this. And, of course, a revert-to-common scroll and a pre-event eye scroll are musts imo.

This event could've been so good, but the way it was handled was exceptionally poor and I feel for everyone involved.

Make sure to rest your hands after this everyone; take a break, get outside, and drink plenty of water. This is a learning experience for all, just like the first NotN was.
I adore the new eyes, (especially those that added definition and shading instead of taking it away) but removing the old eyes (pre-event) with no way to bring them back has also upset me, especially for a few dragons that I bought and gened specifically to match their eyes (some with triple gem genes that took a lot of effort and time to afford). Is it a huge deal? No, but I don't like having changed forced upon me and certainly haven't been in the mood to scrape together what scrolls I can get before they're -gone forever-.

Spending 6+ hours a day performing a repetitive action isn't healthy for anyone, mentally or physically, though it's given me an excuse to catch up on some podcasts. However, I've been able to scroll 14 dragons to the eyes of my desire (fortunately I only care for uncommon-rare types so it took a max of like 8 scrolls, average 1-3 per dragon). I probably spent under 40 total. I've managed to collect another 65 so far, but I still have a bit longer in purgatory coli until I collapse. My wrists ache and my back is killing me, but I have played and loved this game for well over 4 years and my completionism overtakes my common sense.

I understand that this is primarily supposed to be a breeding change, but as a collector of Gen1 dragons that's simply not how I play the game, and I wish that different playstyles were taken into account when removing game-changing items permanently. It seems far more reasonable to allow at least some of the eye types to be purchased in the future, even if they were to be ludicrously expensive after this. And, of course, a revert-to-common scroll and a pre-event eye scroll are musts imo.

This event could've been so good, but the way it was handled was exceptionally poor and I feel for everyone involved.

Make sure to rest your hands after this everyone; take a break, get outside, and drink plenty of water. This is a learning experience for all, just like the first NotN was.
Isyx8ca.pngsgd62QD.pngs3K2fE8.png
I feel physically ill from how much I've been staring at my screen this weekend... And I still didn't get the eyes I wanted even for ONE dragon. This whole event was handled terribly. There's no way the staff can retire the scattervials after three days.
I feel physically ill from how much I've been staring at my screen this weekend... And I still didn't get the eyes I wanted even for ONE dragon. This whole event was handled terribly. There's no way the staff can retire the scattervials after three days.
iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii
7G6xGb.png
[quote name="@Invaki" date="2018-06-10 21:12:27" ] I am a veritable chalice of angst and exhaustion. I adore the new eyes, (especially those that added definition and shading instead of taking it away) but removing the old eyes (pre-event) with no way to bring them back has also upset me, especially for a few dragons that I bought and gened specifically to match their eyes (some with triple gem genes that took a lot of effort and time to afford). Is it a huge deal? No, but I don't like having changed forced upon me and certainly haven't been in the mood to scrape together what scrolls I can get before they're -gone forever-. Spending 6+ hours a day performing a repetitive action isn't healthy for anyone, mentally or physically, though it's given me an excuse to catch up on some podcasts. However, I've been able to scroll 14 dragons to the eyes of my desire (fortunately I only care for uncommon-rare types so it took a max of like 8 scrolls, average 1-3 per dragon). I probably spent under 40 total. I've managed to collect another 65 so far, but I still have a bit longer in purgatory coli until I collapse. My wrists ache and my back is killing me, but I have played and loved this game for well over 4 years and my completionism overtakes my common sense. I understand that this is primarily supposed to be a breeding change, but as a collector of Gen1 dragons that's simply not how I play the game, and I wish that different playstyles were taken into account when removing game-changing items permanently. It seems far more reasonable to allow at least some of the eye types to be purchased in the future, even if they were to be ludicrously expensive after this. And, of course, a revert-to-common scroll and a pre-event eye scroll are musts imo. This event could've been so good, but the way it was handled was exceptionally poor and I feel for everyone involved. Make sure to rest your hands after this everyone; take a break, get outside, and drink plenty of water. This is a learning experience for all, just like the first NotN was. [/quote] This was so perfectly worded and well written. I hope the mods see this.
@Invaki wrote on 2018-06-10 21:12:27:

This was so perfectly worded and well written. I hope the mods see this.
Heart.gif
100% feeling the exact same way. Hoping they take pity on us poor souls and atleast give us a remove gene like item for eyes back to common

Edit: also allowing one eye type the exact same after another was a truely evil decision on FR's part. Atleast have it change every time!
100% feeling the exact same way. Hoping they take pity on us poor souls and atleast give us a remove gene like item for eyes back to common

Edit: also allowing one eye type the exact same after another was a truely evil decision on FR's part. Atleast have it change every time!
tumblr_ou6l6ehqpW1v9fmlwo7_r1_400.png tumblr_odifu3YDM01v9fmlwo6_r2_250.png
[quote name="Psycho" date="2018-06-10 20:46:34" ] You are severely misinformed if you think people are grinding solely for hundreds of primal eyes. I haven't attempted any of the "unique" genes, mostly unusual and uncommon and it's still been a hassle. [/quote] I have a few light dragons whose eyes were hecked up by the changes to the Common eye color. Now I need to scatter them all to the "new" Unusual color in order to get them back to the way they were. I need to hoard the vials because I'm not using them immediately, just in case the staff hears the complaints and restores the original Common eyes. So I don't know how many vials I'll need, if any, until I come back from vacation next month and see what happened with the eyes. I don't even want the new eyes. I just want the eyes that look like the old eyes. I had something I liked, it was [i]taken away[/i], and then I was told "you have three days to gather the materials you need to fix it. GO." I think anyone can see why this would be stressful. :( Granted, I haven't been coli-ing fanatically like most people, because I only need to change a few dragons, and I've mostly just been brewing the vials (so I only have 10), but the fact remains that I feel compelled to gather these things obsessively just to get back to the status quo.
Psycho wrote on 2018-06-10 20:46:34:
You are severely misinformed if you think people are grinding solely for hundreds of primal eyes. I haven't attempted any of the "unique" genes, mostly unusual and uncommon and it's still been a hassle.
I have a few light dragons whose eyes were hecked up by the changes to the Common eye color. Now I need to scatter them all to the "new" Unusual color in order to get them back to the way they were.
I need to hoard the vials because I'm not using them immediately, just in case the staff hears the complaints and restores the original Common eyes. So I don't know how many vials I'll need, if any, until I come back from vacation next month and see what happened with the eyes.

I don't even want the new eyes. I just want the eyes that look like the old eyes. I had something I liked, it was taken away, and then I was told "you have three days to gather the materials you need to fix it. GO." I think anyone can see why this would be stressful. :(

Granted, I haven't been coli-ing fanatically like most people, because I only need to change a few dragons, and I've mostly just been brewing the vials (so I only have 10), but the fact remains that I feel compelled to gather these things obsessively just to get back to the status quo.
J38Qco1.pngP6JoUOV.png9qpbqeR.png
I wouldn't mind grinding so much if it wasn't so...grindy. Like, I can understand making a limited consumable item; it really makes an event feel special and can be really nice for people who want to save up for future events (if you're not interested in changing eyes, you could just hang onto your vial and sell it in the future for mad cash when it's the last of it's kind sort of thing)

But what gets me is that the only real ways to get it are both rng based and both really, really boring. I've brewed most of mine, and I like the reliability of just being able to grab some goo and come back in two hours - but that puts a hard limit on how many I can get. Then Coli grinding is the only other option, and I honestly find it boring as heck. If I want to get the things, I have to kill as many mobs as I can as fast as I can, so it's scratch-scratch-scratch-scratch into eliminate, or just eternal scratching in the smaller venues. I can't even zone out like I used to because of the captchas - I have to re-focus to find the dragon in the hidden images every so often.

I feel like this is NOTN all over again - it would have been a lot nicer on everyone if, rather than just scatter-vials, there were also vials of each type (including common) that dropped. I've wanted to get Primal on my icon dragon, but I'm afraid of my last attempt ending up on Multi eyes, which just wouldn't work - I've currently settled on Rare, because those kind of look like embers and that's pretty cool. I'm sure there are others out there who are afraid of ending on eyes they don't want as well. Being able to have -some- degree of control would be nice, rather than just rolling the dice over and over again and hoping you don't end up with something that you hate, and having exactly one option to remove it (glowing eyes)
I wouldn't mind grinding so much if it wasn't so...grindy. Like, I can understand making a limited consumable item; it really makes an event feel special and can be really nice for people who want to save up for future events (if you're not interested in changing eyes, you could just hang onto your vial and sell it in the future for mad cash when it's the last of it's kind sort of thing)

But what gets me is that the only real ways to get it are both rng based and both really, really boring. I've brewed most of mine, and I like the reliability of just being able to grab some goo and come back in two hours - but that puts a hard limit on how many I can get. Then Coli grinding is the only other option, and I honestly find it boring as heck. If I want to get the things, I have to kill as many mobs as I can as fast as I can, so it's scratch-scratch-scratch-scratch into eliminate, or just eternal scratching in the smaller venues. I can't even zone out like I used to because of the captchas - I have to re-focus to find the dragon in the hidden images every so often.

I feel like this is NOTN all over again - it would have been a lot nicer on everyone if, rather than just scatter-vials, there were also vials of each type (including common) that dropped. I've wanted to get Primal on my icon dragon, but I'm afraid of my last attempt ending up on Multi eyes, which just wouldn't work - I've currently settled on Rare, because those kind of look like embers and that's pretty cool. I'm sure there are others out there who are afraid of ending on eyes they don't want as well. Being able to have -some- degree of control would be nice, rather than just rolling the dice over and over again and hoping you don't end up with something that you hate, and having exactly one option to remove it (glowing eyes)
fA9EDFQ.png x9ADy1B.png dnuQeRf.png
Somehow I've done okay with burnout even though I've farmed around 20 hours so far (and plan to farm again for the remainder of tonight once my internet connection stops hecking up.) But I am still pretty fresh off a long hiatus and have been taking frequent breaks.

I'm glad it's almost over though, even when I wish they had done it for a full week because retiring it in three days was just such a poorly thought out idea.

What really irks me are those long dry spells. Today in my first 45 minute session I got one. One.
I've been averaging 1 every 15 minutes which is already bad for an item you need over 100 of to get the unique stuff, or just 2-10 per dragon to get the less unusual colors but not getting any is just painful.

Honestly though this entire mess gives me flashbacks to the first NotN but at least noc eggs and scrolls weren't retiring.
Spending half a night in the coliseum to get 35 scrolls, either to change 3-10 dragons to different colors (possibly as a fix for a poorly handled recolor) or attempting to get faceted on 1 dragon isn't enjoyable. I thought we'd established Skinner Box gameplay wasn't fun in 2014, why are we doing this again?
Somehow I've done okay with burnout even though I've farmed around 20 hours so far (and plan to farm again for the remainder of tonight once my internet connection stops hecking up.) But I am still pretty fresh off a long hiatus and have been taking frequent breaks.

I'm glad it's almost over though, even when I wish they had done it for a full week because retiring it in three days was just such a poorly thought out idea.

What really irks me are those long dry spells. Today in my first 45 minute session I got one. One.
I've been averaging 1 every 15 minutes which is already bad for an item you need over 100 of to get the unique stuff, or just 2-10 per dragon to get the less unusual colors but not getting any is just painful.

Honestly though this entire mess gives me flashbacks to the first NotN but at least noc eggs and scrolls weren't retiring.
Spending half a night in the coliseum to get 35 scrolls, either to change 3-10 dragons to different colors (possibly as a fix for a poorly handled recolor) or attempting to get faceted on 1 dragon isn't enjoyable. I thought we'd established Skinner Box gameplay wasn't fun in 2014, why are we doing this again?
Yeah. I've collected a total of less than 50. I've only scattered a few of my dragons, getting lucky with one after only a couple of tries, and kept rotating through the C,UC,UN, and R, but on another I got the same result four times in a row and gave up.
Yeah. I've collected a total of less than 50. I've only scattered a few of my dragons, getting lucky with one after only a couple of tries, and kept rotating through the C,UC,UN, and R, but on another I got the same result four times in a row and gave up.
H0YTYF1.png CAgQpkV.png 7p4ZvEX.png TX13MWN.png
I feel that. I legit got one vial from the coli. I spent way too much time in there for basically nothing considering said vial gave me the same eyes the dragon already had. Burnt out is the perfect way to describe how I feel about this event.
I feel that. I legit got one vial from the coli. I spent way too much time in there for basically nothing considering said vial gave me the same eyes the dragon already had. Burnt out is the perfect way to describe how I feel about this event.
hourglass.gifYou'll be okayhourglass.gif
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9