Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | anyone else burnt out?
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
I think the most dissappointing thing for me about this event was how excited for it I was initially. And don’t get me wrong, I think a lot of good things still came of it (cool familiar, lair tabs in the works, etc). It just gets really demoralizing when you spend all of your free time in the coli and dump a ton of vials on one dragon and can’t even get the eyes you want one time. I almost wish they had given us a single use item at the beginning of the event to choose an eye type of one dragon, and then I wouldn’t feel as demoralized by the scattering system with the coli/baldwin :(
I think the most dissappointing thing for me about this event was how excited for it I was initially. And don’t get me wrong, I think a lot of good things still came of it (cool familiar, lair tabs in the works, etc). It just gets really demoralizing when you spend all of your free time in the coli and dump a ton of vials on one dragon and can’t even get the eyes you want one time. I almost wish they had given us a single use item at the beginning of the event to choose an eye type of one dragon, and then I wouldn’t feel as demoralized by the scattering system with the coli/baldwin :(
VOIPBvS.png
I was tired of the coli grind about midway friday lol I hate the coliseum

This whole event has felt like an obligation, my dad asked me what was wrong while I was taking a break yesterday, since I was moping on the couch, and I told him about the update and how I really wanted to play Stardew or Overwatch or something... not coli grinding but I haven't because I feel like I have to coli grind for vials, because lets face it, I'll never want to pay 100+g for an item that took 13 vials to give me unusual eyes unless I knew I wanted uncommon eyes >~> Sooo, gotta save up vials

I've got 31 stashed away and it still doesn't feel near enough but I am soooo done with coli, even getting an eliminate has hardly done anything to sweeten the experience
I was tired of the coli grind about midway friday lol I hate the coliseum

This whole event has felt like an obligation, my dad asked me what was wrong while I was taking a break yesterday, since I was moping on the couch, and I told him about the update and how I really wanted to play Stardew or Overwatch or something... not coli grinding but I haven't because I feel like I have to coli grind for vials, because lets face it, I'll never want to pay 100+g for an item that took 13 vials to give me unusual eyes unless I knew I wanted uncommon eyes >~> Sooo, gotta save up vials

I've got 31 stashed away and it still doesn't feel near enough but I am soooo done with coli, even getting an eliminate has hardly done anything to sweeten the experience
jKNxJDc.png 93911947.png 93991508.png 93890069.png 92702429.png
i have never grinded and farmed this much on all my time on FR. This was a painful weekend, that's for sure.

I hope the money I get is worth it.
i have never grinded and farmed this much on all my time on FR. This was a painful weekend, that's for sure.

I hope the money I get is worth it.
any pronouns :]
frt +0
art shop
I've been farming every day and used about 100 vials on one dragon and have not gotten multi or primal. When I first saw the announcement, I was super excited and thought I would be able to get one or two multis or primals and then some different eyes for a few other dragons. But here I am, many hours later, settling on a green tint to a single dragon's eye that's too small to even notice. I set the lowest bar imaginable for this anniversary and somehow the site has managed to disappoint me anyway.
I've been farming every day and used about 100 vials on one dragon and have not gotten multi or primal. When I first saw the announcement, I was super excited and thought I would be able to get one or two multis or primals and then some different eyes for a few other dragons. But here I am, many hours later, settling on a green tint to a single dragon's eye that's too small to even notice. I set the lowest bar imaginable for this anniversary and somehow the site has managed to disappoint me anyway.
riIlIkg.pngxxxxxxx2fThUE6.pngxxxxxxx3RHrJoP.png
Yeah, I have been here since June 8th, 2013, so I've seen almost everything the site has been through, the ups and downs and 5 Years is quite some time.
I was so excited for this anneversary as they always have been chill and amazing in the past and that's exactly what I needed, as my rl had been so hectic the last months and weeks (as I literally just moved and am still in the process to make this flat a home)
And then all of this happened. And it drained a lot of energy I didn't even had anymore at this point. Which never ever happened on FR, not even the first NOTN, which was something back in the day...
I never felt like really needing a break from FR (if I wasn't on for a longer time, it was because of my RL, not the site itself), but after this event I strongly consider it. Which is so, so sad thinking everyone, users and devs likewise, wanted this just to be an amazing weekend with a very cool dragon pixel game.
Yeah, I have been here since June 8th, 2013, so I've seen almost everything the site has been through, the ups and downs and 5 Years is quite some time.
I was so excited for this anneversary as they always have been chill and amazing in the past and that's exactly what I needed, as my rl had been so hectic the last months and weeks (as I literally just moved and am still in the process to make this flat a home)
And then all of this happened. And it drained a lot of energy I didn't even had anymore at this point. Which never ever happened on FR, not even the first NOTN, which was something back in the day...
I never felt like really needing a break from FR (if I wasn't on for a longer time, it was because of my RL, not the site itself), but after this event I strongly consider it. Which is so, so sad thinking everyone, users and devs likewise, wanted this just to be an amazing weekend with a very cool dragon pixel game.
LApYAIi.gif~.: +9FR Time :.~p8qgXPn.gif
Man, reading this thread went from “haha, g r e a t, not the only one tired of Coli right now” to “wow, this is depressing” real fast. I honestly didn’t notice the default eyes changed until now,* what the hell. I don’t mind grinding, but... ouch, yeah, the exclusive nature of the item is really bumming me out right now. :T Probably gonna brew one more vial then [i]screw it[/i], it’s not worth it. [quote name="SummerStorm" date="2018-06-10 21:24:24" ] Edit: also allowing one eye type the exact same after another was a truely evil decision on FR's part. Atleast have it change every time! [/quote] Also, [b]^this.[/b] I know it’s technically like a scatterscroll but with greater chances of getting the same result, but... really? *edit: [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/ann/2452352/258#post_33598459]Staff statement about the old eye change[/url], which makes sense to me but YMMV: [quote][b]With regards to the update to the old common eye artwork:[/b] The previous default/Common dragon eyes did not share a standardized coloration across breeds. In adding new tints with the Eye Types update, we found it necessary to fix that standardization so that they were more easily distinguished from one another. As we've stated in the past that there will be times where we will make the decision to update or refresh official artwork as needed for both style and game-play reasons, and this remains to be the case. We recognize that this is something we normally include within the 'Additional Updates' section at the end of a content post and that leaving it out caused a bit of confusion. We apologize for that.[/quote] Hope everyone reading gets some good long well-deserved rest after this, regardless of burnout level. And don’t forget to stretch your wrists!
Man, reading this thread went from “haha, g r e a t, not the only one tired of Coli right now” to “wow, this is depressing” real fast. I honestly didn’t notice the default eyes changed until now,* what the hell.

I don’t mind grinding, but... ouch, yeah, the exclusive nature of the item is really bumming me out right now. :T Probably gonna brew one more vial then screw it, it’s not worth it.
SummerStorm wrote on 2018-06-10 21:24:24:
Edit: also allowing one eye type the exact same after another was a truely evil decision on FR's part. Atleast have it change every time!
Also, ^this. I know it’s technically like a scatterscroll but with greater chances of getting the same result, but... really?

*edit: Staff statement about the old eye change, which makes sense to me but YMMV:
Quote:
With regards to the update to the old common eye artwork:

The previous default/Common dragon eyes did not share a standardized coloration across breeds. In adding new tints with the Eye Types update, we found it necessary to fix that standardization so that they were more easily distinguished from one another. As we've stated in the past that there will be times where we will make the decision to update or refresh official artwork as needed for both style and game-play reasons, and this remains to be the case.

We recognize that this is something we normally include within the 'Additional Updates' section at the end of a content post and that leaving it out caused a bit of confusion. We apologize for that.

Hope everyone reading gets some good long well-deserved rest after this, regardless of burnout level. And don’t forget to stretch your wrists!
Accidentally gave myself the worst migraine I've had in the past two years. So yup I'm so done with coli. I don't even want to level my fodder.
Accidentally gave myself the worst migraine I've had in the past two years. So yup I'm so done with coli. I don't even want to level my fodder.
.tumblr_inline_nb1ke8JYzw1qg78ij.png 8DyXvaa.pngQMvFMzB.png .
the only reason i'm not burnt out is bc i have not had much time to grind. i have a job and i have to sleep. i can't spend all my time clicking on enemies hoping to get an item that shouldn't even be limited in the first place.

i was excited for the anniversary too but wow yeah it's been...golly.
the only reason i'm not burnt out is bc i have not had much time to grind. i have a job and i have to sleep. i can't spend all my time clicking on enemies hoping to get an item that shouldn't even be limited in the first place.

i was excited for the anniversary too but wow yeah it's been...golly.
qLQeTFk.gif
xxxxx
ARAxlYW.png
oxDm2Un.png
FObX7rS.png
nWiQNX9.png
mlHpBMC.png
NQ1Ze0S.png
xxxxx 9121892.png
my wrist hurts. i'm tired. i should sleep. but in my mind i just keep pushing; i only have 20 or so vials and all my dragons i want to change are on nests. i have no idea how many i'll need for the types i want...so i'll need as many as i can grab...RNG hath mercy on me Please

burnt out, what a mood.
my wrist hurts. i'm tired. i should sleep. but in my mind i just keep pushing; i only have 20 or so vials and all my dragons i want to change are on nests. i have no idea how many i'll need for the types i want...so i'll need as many as i can grab...RNG hath mercy on me Please

burnt out, what a mood.
yzUX307.png
No actually I have really loved this event!
I haven't been in the coli for a looong time, but found I really had fun grinding this weekend, took a bunch of hatchlings, levelled them up and made over 1m treasure. Found a ton of good loot - eliminate, arcane egg, morph scroll, tons of familiar.
Made over 5k gems selling vials and Baldwin mats. Still got 67 goals to sell later. The familiar was super gorgeous. I love the new eyes! 10/10 for this event for me ^-^
No actually I have really loved this event!
I haven't been in the coli for a looong time, but found I really had fun grinding this weekend, took a bunch of hatchlings, levelled them up and made over 1m treasure. Found a ton of good loot - eliminate, arcane egg, morph scroll, tons of familiar.
Made over 5k gems selling vials and Baldwin mats. Still got 67 goals to sell later. The familiar was super gorgeous. I love the new eyes! 10/10 for this event for me ^-^
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9