Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | 5th anniversary is almost here!
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 15 16
After double checking dates it just dawned on me we are less than a week, specifically 5 days, away from the fifth anniversary of flight rising. Which takes place on the 8th.

Since we know the staff has confirmed that we aren't getting a new dragon breed for this event it makes me wonder...what are some other ideas they could do?

Some of mine are the following:

-Fairground revamp.
-Hoard revamp (make things easier to locate.)
-Beastiery revamp (at 661 being the current total as of June 3rd 2018 the current system is quite tedious.)
-Gathering revamp (ways to earn more turns...etc)

Not saying these are all good ideas (or very likely,) but just some ways I could see them majorly changing the site.
After double checking dates it just dawned on me we are less than a week, specifically 5 days, away from the fifth anniversary of flight rising. Which takes place on the 8th.

Since we know the staff has confirmed that we aren't getting a new dragon breed for this event it makes me wonder...what are some other ideas they could do?

Some of mine are the following:

-Fairground revamp.
-Hoard revamp (make things easier to locate.)
-Beastiery revamp (at 661 being the current total as of June 3rd 2018 the current system is quite tedious.)
-Gathering revamp (ways to earn more turns...etc)

Not saying these are all good ideas (or very likely,) but just some ways I could see them majorly changing the site.
dragonboat_front_100px.pngTiger69235-C-156-4-3-2-114S.pngdragonboat_back_100px.pngBkhJxYX.gif
I'm betting on something gene-related, and hoping for adventure mode!

I know adventure mode is suuuuuuuuper unlikely, but I have a theory that this might be the year with BotE setting up all sorts of interesting scenarios for quests, and since it's the 5th anniversary something big like that seems appropriate. But only time will tell I suppose.

I'm super stoked, whatever it might be.
I'm betting on something gene-related, and hoping for adventure mode!

I know adventure mode is suuuuuuuuper unlikely, but I have a theory that this might be the year with BotE setting up all sorts of interesting scenarios for quests, and since it's the 5th anniversary something big like that seems appropriate. But only time will tell I suppose.

I'm super stoked, whatever it might be.
I'm hoping for lair tabs more than anything else but i dont know if we'll get it
I'm hoping for lair tabs more than anything else but i dont know if we'll get it
33785014.png66702371.png74483108.png
Lair tabs or some sort of sorting. Please.
Lair tabs or some sort of sorting. Please.
S O K O L
knowledge of comprehension, benevolence, and aesthetics | active | slowly revamping
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xx
ToxrvHn.gif
@Maelstrym actually I really am curious....what is adventure mode supposed to be?

I've been on here nearly 1.5 years and I still haven't figure out what it is supposed to be.
@Maelstrym actually I really am curious....what is adventure mode supposed to be?

I've been on here nearly 1.5 years and I still haven't figure out what it is supposed to be.
dragonboat_front_100px.pngTiger69235-C-156-4-3-2-114S.pngdragonboat_back_100px.pngBkhJxYX.gif
I bought a nice mate for one of my wildclaws and nested them today so they'd hatch on the anniversary...and of COURSE they wegged me. :T Oh well, at least I won't have to get rid of a bunch of dragons to make space.
I bought a nice mate for one of my wildclaws and nested them today so they'd hatch on the anniversary...and of COURSE they wegged me. :T Oh well, at least I won't have to get rid of a bunch of dragons to make space.
+0 FR Time | deviantart | tumblr | furaffinity
click pikachu for pfq 5Z6T6dD.png WKy2xKA.png click lion for lioden
There's never been anything from the devs hinting that anything like lair tabs was being considered at all, I'm sure that's not going to happen. I'd love to have it, but it's not going to be a thing. At least not now, without any lead-up or rumors.

The hoard/vault and bestiary systems could definitely use an upgrade.

I don't think we'll ever be able to earn gathering turns, since it'll heavily favor either those with more time on their hands and/or the wealthy players (if turns can be bought, which would be a huge mistake), and pump far more gathering items into the market because gathering turns can be tampered with. That'll worsen player profit options because prices will drop with the sudden influx.

Many would like cheaper Swipp/Baldwin materials, but re-selling rare gathering drops is not a bad-capitalist-person way to make money despite what some who don't like high prices say. It's a valid strategy. It's trading in finite daily gathering turns which you could use for other purposes to hope for a certain item, and selling it instead of making use of it yourself.
There's never been anything from the devs hinting that anything like lair tabs was being considered at all, I'm sure that's not going to happen. I'd love to have it, but it's not going to be a thing. At least not now, without any lead-up or rumors.

The hoard/vault and bestiary systems could definitely use an upgrade.

I don't think we'll ever be able to earn gathering turns, since it'll heavily favor either those with more time on their hands and/or the wealthy players (if turns can be bought, which would be a huge mistake), and pump far more gathering items into the market because gathering turns can be tampered with. That'll worsen player profit options because prices will drop with the sudden influx.

Many would like cheaper Swipp/Baldwin materials, but re-selling rare gathering drops is not a bad-capitalist-person way to make money despite what some who don't like high prices say. It's a valid strategy. It's trading in finite daily gathering turns which you could use for other purposes to hope for a certain item, and selling it instead of making use of it yourself.
Darkdenizensv4simple.png84ruMI5.pngYrk2o3M.pnggekDtXY.pngDarkdenizensv4simple.png

FMA02Pn.png1603_150px_dokvganryuu_by_miirshroom_dcg815s_by_xzcelestialxbalaurzx-dcgicgg.png

locke.png

s9UvQy2.png bgwVYfC.pngAQiesuo.png wmhOuud.pngTIdHmed.pnggJ53DWo.pngIsTvVEx.pngfzjG4Xp.png

dokvganryuu_by_xzcelestialxbalaurzx-dc10pes.png
im hoping its something new, it will probably be a revamp but im still excited! i have a bog egg to hatch on friday
im hoping its something new, it will probably be a revamp but im still excited! i have a bog egg to hatch on friday
tumblr_inline_ot7n31p9oq1soemy4_540.png

- +8 fr time
@Archenitesky
If I remember correctly adventure mode was a planned feature where you could play as your dragon, moving around in the world and completing quests and things like that. When FR first launched, if you clicked on the "Play" header in the sidebar there was a button for it, but it was taken down after a while because it wasn't going to make it into the game in the near future. That was years ago though, and as far as I know it hasn't been scrapped as a feature. Maybe we'll get to see it someday!
@Archenitesky
If I remember correctly adventure mode was a planned feature where you could play as your dragon, moving around in the world and completing quests and things like that. When FR first launched, if you clicked on the "Play" header in the sidebar there was a button for it, but it was taken down after a while because it wasn't going to make it into the game in the near future. That was years ago though, and as far as I know it hasn't been scrapped as a feature. Maybe we'll get to see it someday!
Me is excited!
Me is excited!
50316481p.png
FR +9 G1 collector Wishlist AvatarAdoptables
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 15 16