Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | (UN)dead dragon headcanons? types?
1 2
What if Arcane has two types - ancient spirit undead and magically reanimated corpses with no free will? The clash of ideologies could be neat and both seem to fit imo @V88 @Zuron While headcanons can go every which way, canon is that Plaguebringer hates zombies as they are failures in her eyes! [quote name="Undel" date="2014-07-03 05:21:03" ] Correct. Plaguebringer would not be a fan of emperors most likely. Plague's whole idea is the triumph through survival of the fittest. Emperors are not alive, have not survived, and cannot evolve. [/quote]
What if Arcane has two types - ancient spirit undead and magically reanimated corpses with no free will? The clash of ideologies could be neat and both seem to fit imo

@V88 @Zuron
While headcanons can go every which way, canon is that Plaguebringer hates zombies as they are failures in her eyes!
Undel wrote on 2014-07-03 05:21:03:
Correct. Plaguebringer would not be a fan of emperors most likely. Plague's whole idea is the triumph through survival of the fittest. Emperors are not alive, have not survived, and cannot evolve.
jYPBXj5.png4RsuN8b.pngMXNV32c.pngS7EiNKy.png
people seem to forget that zombies arent the only undead thing existing. I like to imagine that in plague survival goes hand in hand with loyality and steadfastness. Only in groups one is truly strong, and the ability to keep groups together and be cooperative must be just as much valued. Survival of the fittest is Not only who is the strongest and meanest creature out there.

i like as an idea for undead plague dragons to have them be sort of spirits tethered to their clans, especially in mirror packs. If especially dedicated they are bound to totems they used to carry in life, which might be a sword or a claw or tooth...or maybe even a plush toy. This could happen randomly or with the aid of a ritual. The spirits would be neither malevolent nor benevolent, and only interested in the continued survival of the clan (which might not be a good thing if the clan is dysfunctional).

In dire times, they might subtly interfere - saving a hatching from falling down a chasm by distracting it, uniting the clan members under a common cause, soothing interal disputes by giving the right whispered ideas, or giving a warrior's slash the needed strength and determination to slay massive foes. Basically anything that keeps the clan externally and internally strong and safe.

The drawback could be that such an action (or a few over the span of hundreds of years) saps away the last energy the spirit has, erasing it permanently. No afterlife, no rebirth - it has given everything it could.

I think, as scary as the idea is to know that you will be truly gone, it is the greatest thing a plague dragon could do for their family, pack, or clan, to ensure their continued survival.
people seem to forget that zombies arent the only undead thing existing. I like to imagine that in plague survival goes hand in hand with loyality and steadfastness. Only in groups one is truly strong, and the ability to keep groups together and be cooperative must be just as much valued. Survival of the fittest is Not only who is the strongest and meanest creature out there.

i like as an idea for undead plague dragons to have them be sort of spirits tethered to their clans, especially in mirror packs. If especially dedicated they are bound to totems they used to carry in life, which might be a sword or a claw or tooth...or maybe even a plush toy. This could happen randomly or with the aid of a ritual. The spirits would be neither malevolent nor benevolent, and only interested in the continued survival of the clan (which might not be a good thing if the clan is dysfunctional).

In dire times, they might subtly interfere - saving a hatching from falling down a chasm by distracting it, uniting the clan members under a common cause, soothing interal disputes by giving the right whispered ideas, or giving a warrior's slash the needed strength and determination to slay massive foes. Basically anything that keeps the clan externally and internally strong and safe.

The drawback could be that such an action (or a few over the span of hundreds of years) saps away the last energy the spirit has, erasing it permanently. No afterlife, no rebirth - it has given everything it could.

I think, as scary as the idea is to know that you will be truly gone, it is the greatest thing a plague dragon could do for their family, pack, or clan, to ensure their continued survival.
jUpNOOr.png
I kinda like the idea of the lightning and water ones... and in terms of the plague doing this I'm probably on the 'cheating at life' side of it
I kinda like the idea of the lightning and water ones... and in terms of the plague doing this I'm probably on the 'cheating at life' side of it
unknown.png
@Vendrus

That works too! What about undead things that aren't zombies?

Though that is Plaguebringer, not those she is Matron too. It is possible for there to be varying opinions of them. It was also said that she "most likely" doesn't like zombies.

Emperors themselves didn't die though, the Imperials died to give it life. All the dragons that die from Emperors also failed to survive. Nothing (Rather, very few) can evolve after it's born/formed either, in real life at least.

@Vendrus

That works too! What about undead things that aren't zombies?

Though that is Plaguebringer, not those she is Matron too. It is possible for there to be varying opinions of them. It was also said that she "most likely" doesn't like zombies.

Emperors themselves didn't die though, the Imperials died to give it life. All the dragons that die from Emperors also failed to survive. Nothing (Rather, very few) can evolve after it's born/formed either, in real life at least.

dbpwq3g-7e9d6c9e-85a8-4b9c-bcbd-2d891aef0130.png
Zombies are failures because they failed to survive yet they march the land like the living, while being dead. It sounds dumb now that I write this, but when you think about it, it just sort of makes sense.
Zombies are failures because they failed to survive yet they march the land like the living, while being dead. It sounds dumb now that I write this, but when you think about it, it just sort of makes sense.
a1.pnga2.pnga3.gifa4.png He/Him
Plural They/Them
RP Clan
Gen1 Raffle
Lore buddy ping list: (add me as a friend and comment on my profile page to be added!)

Please remove this ping list so that you don't ping +100 users. my internet keeps me from editing posts fast enough and properly
@ArtsyDragon7, @Kawootie, @GlitterDCMarvel, @WhySoDelirious, @PoorLifeChoices, @Amyatzu, @JadeMagic, @CrystalRush, @Leopardmask, @violalore, @bowserslave, @JumpScared, @JadeFlame, @Duskflame, @TheElfDruid,@Rinwood,@DiamondNoodles,@3idolon,@Kaibutsu,@DarkwingDove, @ColoradoBlues @ClockworkEclipse, @SleepyChipmunk @Sabriel415, @DarkVSO, @WhiteDiamond ,@RingsofSaturn, @MagicSpyglass,@Rocwylde, @Artificiary,@ILUVDRAGONS, @throwaway181,@L2B,@Kittystar,@riseandshine, @luminousnoble, @Spottedleaves1,@Gaming4Lyfe @MiniDrachin @AetherDragon @Kano3Shuuya @Caravan @EmeraldJubilee @TheEngineer @Kristan @Inkapede @KitApparently @girlgirlDragon @JonTargaryen @CassieRose @Chimaerix @Comic1Sans @CrazyRedFire @FlamingSwallow @ookamisoulreaper @HyperionForge @Starglade @Galaxiel @biochemist @P4810 @CrAZDragon @Skyfire7 @AnacondaMiracle @Kerriganne @Cumulus @Aaliyahgemini664
@Smirch @Nomo2001 @RecursionErr0r @Scorporius @Kapara @GuidanceOfficer @Espeon5712 @Druddigon @Thace @MrFrenchFrybrows @RicochetRomance @FluffyTundras @CloverGaming @argylion @starryfruit @Eiira @NovaAurora @dinosaur42 @TimeStandStill @browncoatparadox @TropicalDiamonds @Cytus @RattleSnakes @SariStar @Kirrandria @clw23 @Hinumi @ThornOfStorm130 @FireStarter007 @mnkn10 @Dragonartist24 @Mikann @Namira @Nomo2001 @Drakenhart @PastCat @ArtsyDragon7 @Mediumdee @Stanari @CosmicTrash @W1F1N1GHTM4R3
@MidnightWatcher @SilverCentaur @Hashira @Temporaryreality @dragonhorselover @IronPen @GrumpyCatlover
@Sassibirb @AlphaP456 @Araucaria @Bufftuffandfluff @Ketzexi @TheGodOfStories @Gravebloom @nebulavery @Drakzaen @TheClassCalico @SalmonnFishie @Lunakitty @Jeevas @rluie
@Sparkbreeze @aly922 @buggy101 @WhiteGrizzly @ilimati @Qhersek @Tynnk @Matou

Lore buddy ping list: (add me as a friend and comment on my profile page to be added!)

Please remove this ping list so that you don't ping +100 users. my internet keeps me from editing posts fast enough and properly
@ArtsyDragon7, @Kawootie, @GlitterDCMarvel, @WhySoDelirious, @PoorLifeChoices, @Amyatzu, @JadeMagic, @CrystalRush, @Leopardmask, @violalore, @bowserslave, @JumpScared, @JadeFlame, @Duskflame, @TheElfDruid,@Rinwood,@DiamondNoodles,@3idolon,@Kaibutsu,@DarkwingDove, @ColoradoBlues @ClockworkEclipse, @SleepyChipmunk @Sabriel415, @DarkVSO, @WhiteDiamond ,@RingsofSaturn, @MagicSpyglass,@Rocwylde, @Artificiary,@ILUVDRAGONS, @throwaway181,@L2B,@Kittystar,@riseandshine, @luminousnoble, @Spottedleaves1,@Gaming4Lyfe @MiniDrachin @AetherDragon @Kano3Shuuya @Caravan @EmeraldJubilee @TheEngineer @Kristan @Inkapede @KitApparently @girlgirlDragon @JonTargaryen @CassieRose @Chimaerix @Comic1Sans @CrazyRedFire @FlamingSwallow @ookamisoulreaper @HyperionForge @Starglade @Galaxiel @biochemist @P4810 @CrAZDragon @Skyfire7 @AnacondaMiracle @Kerriganne @Cumulus @Aaliyahgemini664
@Smirch @Nomo2001 @RecursionErr0r @Scorporius @Kapara @GuidanceOfficer @Espeon5712 @Druddigon @Thace @MrFrenchFrybrows @RicochetRomance @FluffyTundras @CloverGaming @argylion @starryfruit @Eiira @NovaAurora @dinosaur42 @TimeStandStill @browncoatparadox @TropicalDiamonds @Cytus @RattleSnakes @SariStar @Kirrandria @clw23 @Hinumi @ThornOfStorm130 @FireStarter007 @mnkn10 @Dragonartist24 @Mikann @Namira @Nomo2001 @Drakenhart @PastCat @ArtsyDragon7 @Mediumdee @Stanari @CosmicTrash @W1F1N1GHTM4R3
@MidnightWatcher @SilverCentaur @Hashira @Temporaryreality @dragonhorselover @IronPen @GrumpyCatlover
@Sassibirb @AlphaP456 @Araucaria @Bufftuffandfluff @Ketzexi @TheGodOfStories @Gravebloom @nebulavery @Drakzaen @TheClassCalico @SalmonnFishie @Lunakitty @Jeevas @rluie
@Sparkbreeze @aly922 @buggy101 @WhiteGrizzly @ilimati @Qhersek @Tynnk @Matou

ary22F6.gif5nBi9J2.gifOfF9Gci.gif
I ere on the side of the undead being generally alright in my book. Honestly, it is technically true that the dragon didn't survive whatever killed them. No second chances, right? However, death is meant to be permanent. They failed to survive, they failed to continue functioning, and as such they failed to be a true Plagueflight dragon. However, the undead don't fully cease to function. They come back, stronger than before, and perhaps with enough wisdom to keep others from falling to the same fate, thus helping their own survive.

Perhaps they're seen as lesser because yes, at one point, they failed. However, you can only learn from your mistakes (and the mistakes of others). I mean come on. If a Plagueflight dragon falls deathly ill, yet not only survives the disease, but comes out stronger in the end, did they fail to be a powerful Plagueflight dragon? No. So if a dragon can do the same thing with death itself, besting the very thing others see as the end of all things, would that not make them revered as some of the strongest of their kind? After all, how many Plagueflight dragons can walk around saying that they bested death itself?

Also, tiny headcanon for Lightningflight Sprites. There are neutral sprites as well. Why? Boss gave out the call to "GET BACK TO WORK!!" and those undead workers are just way too loyal. They just gotta clock in for that nine-to-five shift.
I ere on the side of the undead being generally alright in my book. Honestly, it is technically true that the dragon didn't survive whatever killed them. No second chances, right? However, death is meant to be permanent. They failed to survive, they failed to continue functioning, and as such they failed to be a true Plagueflight dragon. However, the undead don't fully cease to function. They come back, stronger than before, and perhaps with enough wisdom to keep others from falling to the same fate, thus helping their own survive.

Perhaps they're seen as lesser because yes, at one point, they failed. However, you can only learn from your mistakes (and the mistakes of others). I mean come on. If a Plagueflight dragon falls deathly ill, yet not only survives the disease, but comes out stronger in the end, did they fail to be a powerful Plagueflight dragon? No. So if a dragon can do the same thing with death itself, besting the very thing others see as the end of all things, would that not make them revered as some of the strongest of their kind? After all, how many Plagueflight dragons can walk around saying that they bested death itself?

Also, tiny headcanon for Lightningflight Sprites. There are neutral sprites as well. Why? Boss gave out the call to "GET BACK TO WORK!!" and those undead workers are just way too loyal. They just gotta clock in for that nine-to-five shift.
sgriffin-3988-7_44_47_7_5_1.png
Pklc9an.png
Clockwork
08atrGc.pngJ7D1quC.png
FXwV0CB.pngFObX7rS.pngSaronai's Free Star Lighting Raffle. Over 3kg in prizes. Ends February 1st. Click to learn more!
Eclipse
LCqISMP.pngDXTcInl.png
11efmKl.pngxjB7OSe.png
CnMSNyK.pngYMPbu9R.png
RFRWPUM.png
wVdpf6V.png

IBK-63.png
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Former First Column Spacer ^^^^^^^^^
But Light, Lightning or Arcane having holocrons? Like I'm talking full preserved consciousness and ability to influence others. I wanna say Arcane cause light would just be knowledge depositories but I see an evil Arcane going full sith with it and letting it influence sentients.
But Light, Lightning or Arcane having holocrons? Like I'm talking full preserved consciousness and ability to influence others. I wanna say Arcane cause light would just be knowledge depositories but I see an evil Arcane going full sith with it and letting it influence sentients.
zBb62uZ.pngkiukE70.png1.png
As far as the plauge dragons in my lore, it’s kind of a moot point as the definition they use for “survive” is “still moving or talking”
There are extremely modifing magic and mutations that can make an ‘alive’ dragon not have a heartbeat or breath, so classifying what counts as “dying and coming back” and what counts as “just surviving in the first place” got too blurred.

EDIT: this got me thinking about it and I thought of a cooler way to phrase it:
It’s more that they see death as “being defeated/stopped forever
By definition you can’t do something forever and then do something else afterwards, so if you are killed and later revived, it isn’t death, its just lying there without breathing or a heartbeat for awhile.
Fits in well with mirrors, as being stopped forever and buried is kind of terrifying in concept for a breed who has a desire to always be moving to new hunting grounds.

Also the tangled wood is definitely haunted.
As far as the plauge dragons in my lore, it’s kind of a moot point as the definition they use for “survive” is “still moving or talking”
There are extremely modifing magic and mutations that can make an ‘alive’ dragon not have a heartbeat or breath, so classifying what counts as “dying and coming back” and what counts as “just surviving in the first place” got too blurred.

EDIT: this got me thinking about it and I thought of a cooler way to phrase it:
It’s more that they see death as “being defeated/stopped forever
By definition you can’t do something forever and then do something else afterwards, so if you are killed and later revived, it isn’t death, its just lying there without breathing or a heartbeat for awhile.
Fits in well with mirrors, as being stopped forever and buried is kind of terrifying in concept for a breed who has a desire to always be moving to new hunting grounds.

Also the tangled wood is definitely haunted.
I hope you're having a great day•buy the pretty dragon
1 2