Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Twisting Lights Post-Happy Flameforgers!
1 2 ... 22 23 24 25 26 ... 28 29
[center][font=Century Gothic][url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/frd/2391371#post_32064077]What is this thread?[/url] | [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/frd/2391371#post_32064116]Meet the Team[/url] | [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2485774/1#post_2485774]Archived Articles[/url] | [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/frd/2391371#post_2391371]Latest Article[/url][/center] [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=23565772] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/235658/23565772_350.png[/img] [/url][/center] [font=Century Gothic][size=4] News Reporter: Twisting Lights Owl Post Delivery Owl Pitch Blackweaver Plague/Arcane Corespondent "The newest edition of the Twisting Lights Post is out and is currently being distributed to our subscribership by the team!" Pitch called out with a devilish grin on his half obscured face. His cape flared out around him and he tipped his hat to the traders nearby. "Please come and read about the newest gene that's been popping up around Sornieth. We also have updates about the new Volcano in the Ashfall Wastes! All very salacious news, I promise you," He winked at several ladies close by. --------------------- Hey, sorry about the festival edition not appearing during the lightning week. I've sort of treated this edition as the Thundercrack Carnivale edition but in the future I'm hoping to write editions themed around the festivals and only the festivals when they come around. I'm also hoping to get them out during the actual festival weeks. But don't worry, I'll keep up with admin update editions as well (if I feel I can make good editions out of them.) These editions take a few hours to put together so I'm sort of doing them on a when-I-have-the-time basis but hopefully I'll come up with a set schedule soon. Thanks for everyone who answered the Questions to the Readers section from the last edition. Let me know if you'd like me to continue to this section and if you have any ideas for future questions! @ShadowPiper @Eiira @QyetLady @Polyhymnia @unidra @ShardofSun @Thace @Nydra @effervience @drawingdeamon @Argante @Sidegrinder @Elisse @LightningShatter @CrAZDragon @Demonskid @RingsofSaturn @Mistwing608 @TAisreal @Whitefeather @Lykomancer @Turquai @LotusCandy @ToxicToucan @DawnSky @TheWhiteTigerGod @RobotNix @nika @Tomata @CrazyBat @Minstri @MerryClarinet @Matou @TwilitBard @Hinumi @Tigenki @Amaranth41 @Harmonywish @EarthTiger @ThornOfStorm130 @GrinningWolf24 @Fawntastic @RobotNix @KnightYumi @RoseBones @AqunAthlok @Taranzza @BlueJaysFeather @Cuileann @leebee @PSICadet @KnightYumi @Nemayre @SuperNinjaDragon @Lepidolite @Frostulant @Flamestar03 @keetsee @Khepri @xiaoyao8 @Sunken @Dragonness @Malace @browncoatparadox @Continlula @kayn @techmess @Iizarose @Aegia @Maevely @GardenWyrm @ErinQuotefinder @Rainbowarcher22 @Corycia @notcharmed @RiaFire11 @Silwyna @Mosstalon @felistopaz @Nighttyger @wolfcathybrid @Glaishy @Cazrel @Gr77n @GlowstoneWoF @Sigmar
News Reporter:
Twisting Lights Owl Post Delivery Owl Pitch Blackweaver
Plague/Arcane Corespondent

"The newest edition of the Twisting Lights Post is out and is currently being distributed to our subscribership by the team!" Pitch called out with a devilish grin on his half obscured face. His cape flared out around him and he tipped his hat to the traders nearby.

"Please come and read about the newest gene that's been popping up around Sornieth. We also have updates about the new Volcano in the Ashfall Wastes! All very salacious news, I promise you," He winked at several ladies close by.

Hey, sorry about the festival edition not appearing during the lightning week. I've sort of treated this edition as the Thundercrack Carnivale edition but in the future I'm hoping to write editions themed around the festivals and only the festivals when they come around. I'm also hoping to get them out during the actual festival weeks. But don't worry, I'll keep up with admin update editions as well (if I feel I can make good editions out of them.) These editions take a few hours to put together so I'm sort of doing them on a when-I-have-the-time basis but hopefully I'll come up with a set schedule soon. Thanks for everyone who answered the Questions to the Readers section from the last edition. Let me know if you'd like me to continue to this section and if you have any ideas for future questions!

@ShadowPiper @Eiira @QyetLady @Polyhymnia @unidra @ShardofSun @Thace @Nydra @effervience @drawingdeamon @Argante @Sidegrinder @Elisse @LightningShatter @CrAZDragon @Demonskid @RingsofSaturn @Mistwing608 @TAisreal @Whitefeather @Lykomancer @Turquai @LotusCandy @ToxicToucan @DawnSky @TheWhiteTigerGod @RobotNix @nika @Tomata @CrazyBat @Minstri @MerryClarinet @Matou @TwilitBard @Hinumi @Tigenki @Amaranth41 @Harmonywish @EarthTiger @ThornOfStorm130 @GrinningWolf24 @Fawntastic @RobotNix @KnightYumi @RoseBones @AqunAthlok @Taranzza @BlueJaysFeather @Cuileann @leebee @PSICadet @KnightYumi @Nemayre @SuperNinjaDragon @Lepidolite @Frostulant @Flamestar03 @keetsee @Khepri @xiaoyao8 @Sunken @Dragonness @Malace @browncoatparadox @Continlula @kayn @techmess @Iizarose @Aegia @Maevely @GardenWyrm @ErinQuotefinder @Rainbowarcher22 @Corycia @notcharmed @RiaFire11 @Silwyna @Mosstalon @felistopaz @Nighttyger @wolfcathybrid @Glaishy @Cazrel @Gr77n @GlowstoneWoF @Sigmar
XriSV9h.gif
Love what you are doing here - pinglist please!
Love what you are doing here - pinglist please!
B18_L.pngimage.pngimage.pngimage.pngimage.pngimage.pngimage.pngimage.pngimage.pngimage.pngimage.pngimage.pngimage.pngB18_R.png
Your work here is marvelous - keep up the good work!
Also, pinglist please?
Your work here is marvelous - keep up the good work!
Also, pinglist please?
xTsISMI.png
T A H Y M

. . .

KEi4t0J.png
The scurrying of tiny talons could be heard across the headquarters floor. When the sounds had ceased, a new one replaced them, the sound of a firecracker going off. The dragon whose attention it garnered was greeted with a somewhat singed evleope with neatly scrawled calligraphy. [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=41434915] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/414350/41434915_350.png[/img] [/url] [i]"Dear Twisting Lights Post, My name is Bianpao and I'm writing to you to answer your questions! [b]1. How do you like the new gene Starmap and does your clan have any plans on acquiring a scroll or dragon with this bedazzling new look? [/b] Our clan enjoys star gazing for sure, especially since they look like they wash ashore at night time, so when we heard of this gene, everyone was excited! Sadly, while there are a few dragons who would look great with the gene, everyone is currently saving up for Flameforger's festival. However, perhaps a Starmap dragon will join our clan later on! [b]2. How are you planning to celebrate this month's Flameforger's Festival? [/b] I plan on making this year's Flameforger's Festival especially colorful and bright! When you visit the Night Market or see the fireworks, or just lose yourself within the fun, be sure to say hello! Hopefully Por and her fellow rebels will be able to see the celebrations, and if not, I will personally send a flurry of fireworks their way! Take care, have a happy and safe Flameforger's Festival!" [/i] ___________________________________________________ I definitely love the questions section, and it gives everyone a chance to write in, even my little festival/fireworks spirit! As for questions, perhaps more BotE related things since you mentioned Por? Maybe you could do stuff for Nature/Plague, like the post being asked to run a missing dragon report on the former Plague ambassador, Yugana (I think that was her name?) Or maybe report on giant Dom battles like the one Wind and Water just had?
The scurrying of tiny talons could be heard across the headquarters floor. When the sounds had ceased, a new one replaced them, the sound of a firecracker going off. The dragon whose attention it garnered was greeted with a somewhat singed evleope with neatly scrawled calligraphy.

41434915_350.png

"Dear Twisting Lights Post,

My name is Bianpao and I'm writing to you to answer your questions!

1. How do you like the new gene Starmap and does your clan have any plans on acquiring a scroll or dragon with this bedazzling new look?

Our clan enjoys star gazing for sure, especially since they look like they wash ashore at night time, so when we heard of this gene, everyone was excited! Sadly, while there are a few dragons who would look great with the gene, everyone is currently saving up for Flameforger's festival. However, perhaps a Starmap dragon will join our clan later on!

2. How are you planning to celebrate this month's Flameforger's Festival?

I plan on making this year's Flameforger's Festival especially colorful and bright! When you visit the Night Market or see the fireworks, or just lose yourself within the fun, be sure to say hello! Hopefully Por and her fellow rebels will be able to see the celebrations, and if not, I will personally send a flurry of fireworks their way!

Take care, have a happy and safe Flameforger's Festival!"

I definitely love the questions section, and it gives everyone a chance to write in, even my little festival/fireworks spirit! As for questions, perhaps more BotE related things since you mentioned Por? Maybe you could do stuff for Nature/Plague, like the post being asked to run a missing dragon report on the former Plague ambassador, Yugana (I think that was her name?) Or maybe report on giant Dom battles like the one Wind and Water just had?
output-onlinepngtools.pngI refuse...
@CrazyRedFire Can I be added to the pinglist please?
@CrazyRedFire Can I be added to the pinglist please?
@CrazyRedFire
Hello!

Could I be added to the pinglist, please?
@CrazyRedFire
Hello!

Could I be added to the pinglist, please?
frostbite_by_worryingsquarewave-d8a2x4y.gif
@CrazyRedFire [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/193598/19359738p.png[/img] Most honorable editor, [i]I write to tell you of my plans for the Flameforger’s Festival for, try as I might, I cannot keep them to myself! Long have I wished to visit the Ashfall Waste: my ancestral homeland. Though my heart ever-belongs to Nature, fire will always occupy a part of my love. I remain fascinated by it and delight in honoring my heritage as I speed the healing of my patients with the magic of my beloved hearth. Most of my kind journeys to the Emberglow Hearth to build their nests but I must stay and tend to my patients and ignore the tugging in my heart. Well, usually I must - but not this year. I’ve spent months training a few dear young dragons to be apprentice healers and they’re finally able to take on my duties for a time in my stead. Finally, I can visit the Emberglow Hearth. To coincide with the Flameforger’s Festivsl my beloved mate and I will make the journey there and have our second clutch of eggs. Not to stay of course. When the hatchlings are old enough we will make the journey back to our beloved Viridian Labryinth where they will spend the rest of their growing-up years amongst fragrant blooms. And in some, symbolic way, they might represent my heart: flower and flame. In that time I will also research the healing properties of the unique plants growing in this Wasteland to see if they aid in healing serious burns as the folktales say. I can hardly contain my excitement. I wish that you and all your readers have a fantastic Festival and to be reminded again that, contrary to popular belief, ice doesn’t help with burns. Stay healthy! sincerely, Poinsettia the Healer [/i] (OOC: Fantastic job with this lovely little newsletter! I’m nearly as excited as Poinsettia since I’ll be renting a Fire nest for the first time. There’s so many fantastic lore possibilities! I’ve been intending to do this in the years I’ve had her, but have never gotten around to it until now).
@CrazyRedFire
19359738p.png
Most honorable editor,

I write to tell you of my plans for the Flameforger’s Festival for, try as I might, I cannot keep them to myself! Long have I wished to visit the Ashfall Waste: my ancestral homeland. Though my heart ever-belongs to Nature, fire will always occupy a part of my love. I remain fascinated by it and delight in honoring my heritage as I speed the healing of my patients with the magic of my beloved hearth. Most of my kind journeys to the Emberglow Hearth to build their nests but I must stay and tend to my patients and ignore the tugging in my heart. Well, usually I must - but not this year. I’ve spent months training a few dear young dragons to be apprentice healers and they’re finally able to take on my duties for a time in my stead.

Finally, I can visit the Emberglow Hearth. To coincide with the Flameforger’s Festivsl my beloved mate and I will make the journey there and have our second clutch of eggs. Not to stay of course. When the hatchlings are old enough we will make the journey back to our beloved Viridian Labryinth where they will spend the rest of their growing-up years amongst fragrant blooms. And in some, symbolic way, they might represent my heart: flower and flame. In that time I will also research the healing properties of the unique plants growing in this Wasteland to see if they aid in healing serious burns as the folktales say.

I can hardly contain my excitement. I wish that you and all your readers have a fantastic Festival and to be reminded again that, contrary to popular belief, ice doesn’t help with burns. Stay healthy!
sincerely,
Poinsettia the Healer

(OOC: Fantastic job with this lovely little newsletter! I’m nearly as excited as Poinsettia since I’ll be renting a Fire nest for the first time. There’s so many fantastic lore possibilities! I’ve been intending to do this in the years I’ve had her, but have never gotten around to it until now).

aKHNXwM.png
[center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=26225435] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/262255/26225435_350.png[/img] [/url][/center] [i]To the editor: Many dragons here in the Greatroot Clan are excited by the new Starmap gene, especially those with more astronomically inclined interests. However, only one of our number is planning to adorn his hide with these new constellations, though poor [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=260509&tab=dragon&did=42120829]Norman[/url] is rather let down at the moment as he will likely have to wait a while, as our clan's budget is rather tight in regards to gems and there are already several others waiting for genes as well. As for the Flameforger's Festival, our very own magical pyrotechnics expert [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=260509&tab=dragon&did=28879289]Ember[/url] is planning a rather spectacular fireworks show, though he and those helping him are keeping the details under wraps. He is absolutely thrilled to knots about whatever those details may be, as is the rest of the clan, though out of anticipation more than anything else. He is rather a flashy showman in regards to these things. Many of our clan members also plan to spend the week participating in whatever events pop up at the larger celebration this year. All of the best, - Sunburst of the Greatroot Clan[/i]

To the editor:

Many dragons here in the Greatroot Clan are excited by the new Starmap gene, especially those with more astronomically inclined interests. However, only one of our number is planning to adorn his hide with these new constellations, though poor Norman is rather let down at the moment as he will likely have to wait a while, as our clan's budget is rather tight in regards to gems and there are already several others waiting for genes as well.

As for the Flameforger's Festival, our very own magical pyrotechnics expert Ember is planning a rather spectacular fireworks show, though he and those helping him are keeping the details under wraps. He is absolutely thrilled to knots about whatever those details may be, as is the rest of the clan, though out of anticipation more than anything else. He is rather a flashy showman in regards to these things. Many of our clan members also plan to spend the week participating in whatever events pop up at the larger celebration this year.

All of the best,
- Sunburst of the Greatroot Clan
tumblr_ntpomveVBX1tm17oeo5_75sq.png tumblr_od0azcs3HT1s2erpmo2_100.pngtumblr_p6tkjckJgZ1s2erpmo2_r2_250.pngtumblr_od0azcs3HT1s2erpmo1_100.pngtumblr_ntpomveVBX1tm17oeo6_75sq.png

The pinglist has been updated!

The pinglist has been updated!
XriSV9h.gif
Please add me to the pinglist
@crazyredfire
Please add me to the pinglist
@crazyredfire
1 2 ... 22 23 24 25 26 ... 28 29