Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | Archives of the Twisting Lights Post
1 2
[center][font=Century Gothic][url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/frd/2391371#post_32064077]What is this thread?[/url] | [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/frd/2391371#post_32064116]Meet the Team[/url] | [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2485774/1#post_2485774]Archived Articles[/url] | [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/frd/2391371#post_2391371]Latest Article[/url][/center] [center][url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/frd/2391371#post_2391371][img]https://i.imgur.com/wTh12sy.png[/img][/url] Banner made by HuskyLove[/center] I will use this thread to post articles I have previously written from the main thread in the FRD forum so that I can keep the main thread clean. If you've come to this thread and have no idea what is happening, please click the banner to be directed to the main thread which hopefully will explain more about this project. If you'd like to be added to the pinglist, please post on the main thread and not here as I keep track of all requests on the main thread much more than on this one :D thanks!
wTh12sy.png
Banner made by HuskyLove

I will use this thread to post articles I have previously written from the main thread in the FRD forum so that I can keep the main thread clean. If you've come to this thread and have no idea what is happening, please click the banner to be directed to the main thread which hopefully will explain more about this project. If you'd like to be added to the pinglist, please post on the main thread and not here as I keep track of all requests on the main thread much more than on this one :D thanks!
XriSV9h.gif
[columns][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=21887079] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/218871/21887079_350.png[/img] [/url] [font=Century Gothic][size=4] News Reporter: President of Twisting Lights Owl Post Hedwig Potterwings Wind/Ice Corespondent 3/6/2018 [nextcol][color=black][size=6][b]"Sornieth in Danger? [i]New Terrors in the Southern Icefields![/i]"[/b][/size][/color][font=Century Gothic][size=4] Today in Sornieth, stories are spreading like wildfire of a new beast spotted just beyond the Cloudscrape Crags near the Icewarden's outpost, the Dripcave Dregs. Beastclan sources say they witnessed a terrifying incident involving two dragons travelling in the direction of the outpost though the reason for why was unknown to our sources. We yet do not have the identities of the two, however, a skydancer by the name of Wemba and a tundra by the name of Trendal were known to be travelling in the area (as sourced by the long time longneck resident Tippa of the Cloudscrape Crags Clan). [/columns] [font=Century Gothic][size=4] Wemba and Trendal have been reported missing but whether they were the two dragons involved in the incident is still under investigation. Our sources tell us they witnessed three much larger beasts herd the two unknown dragons through a blizzard thicker than pea soup towards the Dripcave Dregs. These beasts, though dragon-like, did not appear to be any breed of dragon known in Sornieth today. However, our sources did describe them: [b]"They resembled tundras but [i]HUGE [/i] with strong lower jaws and giant bone-like horns!"[/b] These beasts have been given the nickname "Gaolers" by the spreading rumors running across the Southern Icefields. These Gaolers appear to be hostile and very powerful. We are asking our readers to steer clear of the Cloudscrage Crags and Dripcave Dregs areas for now until more information can be gained about these new terrifying denizens of our world. In other news, strange weather patterns have begun forming in the Crags and Fortress of Ends regions. Large blizzards and winter storms unlike anything we've seen before have been reported. If you must travel in those areas, pack enough supplies and stay smart. Stay tuned for the next installment as the Twisting Lights Post will be covering the coming changes recently prophesied by the Great Eleven! [right][font=Century Gothic][size=4]-As always, may the wind be at your back and the music in your heart! [/right]

21887079_350.png

News Reporter:
President of Twisting Lights Owl Post Hedwig Potterwings
Wind/Ice Corespondent
3/6/2018
"Sornieth in Danger? New Terrors in the Southern Icefields!"

Today in Sornieth, stories are spreading like wildfire of a new beast spotted just beyond the Cloudscrape Crags near the Icewarden's outpost, the Dripcave Dregs. Beastclan sources say they witnessed a terrifying incident involving two dragons travelling in the direction of the outpost though the reason for why was unknown to our sources.

We yet do not have the identities of the two, however, a skydancer by the name of Wemba and a tundra by the name of Trendal were known to be travelling in the area (as sourced by the long time longneck resident Tippa of the Cloudscrape Crags Clan).

Wemba and Trendal have been reported missing but whether they were the two dragons involved in the incident is still under investigation. Our sources tell us they witnessed three much larger beasts herd the two unknown dragons through a blizzard thicker than pea soup towards the Dripcave Dregs. These beasts, though dragon-like, did not appear to be any breed of dragon known in Sornieth today. However, our sources did describe them: "They resembled tundras but HUGE with strong lower jaws and giant bone-like horns!"

These beasts have been given the nickname "Gaolers" by the spreading rumors running across the Southern Icefields. These Gaolers appear to be hostile and very powerful. We are asking our readers to steer clear of the Cloudscrage Crags and Dripcave Dregs areas for now until more information can be gained about these new terrifying denizens of our world.

In other news, strange weather patterns have begun forming in the Crags and Fortress of Ends regions. Large blizzards and winter storms unlike anything we've seen before have been reported. If you must travel in those areas, pack enough supplies and stay smart.

Stay tuned for the next installment as the Twisting Lights Post will be covering the coming changes recently prophesied by the Great Eleven!

-As always, may the wind be at your back and the music in your heart!
XriSV9h.gif
[columns][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=23565772] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/235658/23565772_350.png[/img] [/url] [font=Century Gothic][size=4] News Reporter: Twisting Lights Owl Post Delivery Owl Pitch Blackweaver Plague/Arcane Corespondent 3/7/2018 [nextcol][color=black][size=6][b]"Scandal in the Making? [i] Sabotage Strikes in the Starfall Isles![/i]"[/b][/size][/color][font=Century Gothic][size=4] Welcome back readers! We've just had new reports flooding in from the Oculus of the Eleven, the ancient tower just southeast of the Observatory which has been the site of the study of the elemental ley lines for millennia, that disaster has struck! It appears that the Crystalspine Reaches experienced several unprecedented growth spurts today that caused tremors to the ancient tower. After one such tremor, one of the ancient lenses used to study surges in the lightning elemental ley lines was destroyed. [/columns] [font=Century Gothic][size=4] The Eleven current Magisters of the tower have given very few details as to how this tragedy occurred but speculation has fallen on the newest lightning magister, Beatrix Thundrael, and we have been told an investigation has been opened into the incident. It appears that a team of dragons led by Thundrael will make a trek to the Shifting Expanse to see if the weather anomalies that have been plaguing (no pun intended dear plague readers) the Southern Icefields have expanded to the Stormcatcher's domain. Perhaps there, Thundrael will be able to discover the reason behind these strange events. Our hearts go with her as all of Sornieth waits to discover what the recent proclamations by the Eleven mean for dragonkind. In other news, Wemba and Trendal, the recent missing travelers thought to have disappeared near the Fortress of Ends, have now been confirmed to be the unknown dragons that encountered the frightening Gaolers. It appears the two were attempting a desperate jailbreak for a convicted thief by the name of Mangu. We at the Twisting Lights Post always hate unnecessary speculation but we're afraid that Wemba and Trendal have fallen victim to the notorious wardens of the Fortress of Ends, now known to be these Gaolers. Readers, in this troubling time of change, we ask you to remain vigilant and keep yourselves safe. It is obvious now that the Gods have new plans for our realm and we must be ready for them. [right][font=Century Gothic][size=4]-As always, breath deep the contagion and survive! [/right]

23565772_350.png

News Reporter:
Twisting Lights Owl Post Delivery Owl Pitch Blackweaver
Plague/Arcane Corespondent
3/7/2018
"Scandal in the Making? Sabotage Strikes in the Starfall Isles!"

Welcome back readers! We've just had new reports flooding in from the Oculus of the Eleven, the ancient tower just southeast of the Observatory which has been the site of the study of the elemental ley lines for millennia, that disaster has struck!

It appears that the Crystalspine Reaches experienced several unprecedented growth spurts today that caused tremors to the ancient tower. After one such tremor, one of the ancient lenses used to study surges in the lightning elemental ley lines was destroyed.

The Eleven current Magisters of the tower have given very few details as to how this tragedy occurred but speculation has fallen on the newest lightning magister, Beatrix Thundrael, and we have been told an investigation has been opened into the incident. It appears that a team of dragons led by Thundrael will make a trek to the Shifting Expanse to see if the weather anomalies that have been plaguing (no pun intended dear plague readers) the Southern Icefields have expanded to the Stormcatcher's domain. Perhaps there, Thundrael will be able to discover the reason behind these strange events. Our hearts go with her as all of Sornieth waits to discover what the recent proclamations by the Eleven mean for dragonkind.

In other news, Wemba and Trendal, the recent missing travelers thought to have disappeared near the Fortress of Ends, have now been confirmed to be the unknown dragons that encountered the frightening Gaolers. It appears the two were attempting a desperate jailbreak for a convicted thief by the name of Mangu. We at the Twisting Lights Post always hate unnecessary speculation but we're afraid that Wemba and Trendal have fallen victim to the notorious wardens of the Fortress of Ends, now known to be these Gaolers.

Readers, in this troubling time of change, we ask you to remain vigilant and keep yourselves safe. It is obvious now that the Gods have new plans for our realm and we must be ready for them.
-As always, breath deep the contagion and survive!
XriSV9h.gif
[columns][center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=34723922] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/347240/34723922_350.png[/img] [/url][/center] [font=Century Gothic][size=4] News Reporter: Twisting Lights Owl Post Delivery Owl Intern Amaranthinos Chen Water/Fire Corespondent 3/8/2018 [nextcol][color=black][size=6][b]"Rebellion in the Works? [i]Greedy Plot Uncovered in the Ashfall Wastes![/i]"[/b][/size][/color][font=Century Gothic][size=4] Oh boy do we have a scoop for you readers today! This story appears to have been developing for a couple of weeks but we just now got the latest news from the situation. The newest member of the Twisting Lights Post team, Amaranthinos Chen, was directly at the scene to bring us the most accurate details. Several days ago the workers at the Great Furnace Forgeworks woke up to an unpleasant surprise. Without explanation, the Grand Circle of Forgemasters shut down production of the Great Furnace leaving hundreds of blacksmiths and forgeworkers out of work. [/columns] [font=Century Gothic][size=4] According to Chen, the riots outside the Furnace gates were a sight to behold. [i][b]"Ceasing production not only puts the livelihoods of the Ashfall Wastes residents in danger but also the rest of Sornieth!"[/b][/i] One rioter could be heard yelling with many similar shouts of anger intermingled in the crowd, [i][b]"How will the other flights defend themselves if not for our blacksmiths' weapons?! What will we trade with without our forges?!"[/b][/i] The situation was, in a word, desperate. However, our Fire Correspondent was able to attend a secret meeting held by the disgruntled Forgeworkers and organized by a blacksmith coatl named Por. Held in the smoky Flintlock Fumaroles, a series of gas spewing vents near the base of the Great Furnace, Por roused the crowd of her fellow metalworkers with a roaring speech filled with delicious details about the scandalous Forgemasters' plans of treachery to layoff the hardworking dragons of the Forgeworks. Apparently Forgemaster Maggmaw and a counsel of representatives from wealthy smithing clans discovered a surge of volcanic activity in the Ancient Bellows beneath the Great Furnace (a place few but the most fire resistant dragons can withstand) and a storage of pure elemental fire essence the like of which Sornieth has never seen before. According to a young fae apprentice by the name of Ventrik, this counsel plotted to keep the location of this fire essence from the knowledge of the magisters at the Oculus and use it to increase their own wealth and prosperity. Por, who had previously mapped the underground vents beneath the Great Furnace, went on to say this: [b][i]"Any day now, the heartsblood of the Flamecaller herself will erupt from the sea! A new land will birth from the ocean! We will be ready to lay claim to it and hold it with all our might! Only by holding what they seek hostage will we compel them to negotiate! We are the forgeworkers! We are the blacksmiths! We swing the hammers! We stoke the flames! And we have pure elemental fire on our side! Are you with me?"[/i][/b] And with resounding applause, the workers cheered in triumph. The fruit of Por's labors would not come to pass for several more days. Until today, when a giant volcano, yes gentle readers you read that correctly, burst into existence building an entire new island off the coast of the Ashfall Wastes in less than a day! Our map drawers here in Twisting Lights have been going stark crazy over the news as they desperately try to glean any new information about this new land mass. However, we are advising our readers to observe the island from afar for now seeing as the political nature surrounding its ownership is still in question. Rumors of possible war have been surfacing but nothing substantial has been brought to our attention as of yet. [right][font=Century Gothic][size=4]-As always, swim deep the ocean's depths and discover the truth! [/right] [center][color=black][font=Century Gothic][size=5][b]Funnies Section[/b][/size][/color][font=Century Gothic] As per request, we've added a special section today to bring a bit of lightheartedness to the situation. Just tap the rune attached to this scroll and enjoy! [url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-rCaXi6xVDs&list=PLYM4f8b_wZRhW7QvPQDLdytztUuYB23P9&index=1][img]http://i.imgur.com/vGkvIyG.png[/img][/url] [/center]
News Reporter:
Twisting Lights Owl Post Delivery Owl Intern
Amaranthinos Chen
Water/Fire Corespondent
3/8/2018
"Rebellion in the Works? Greedy Plot Uncovered in the Ashfall Wastes!"

Oh boy do we have a scoop for you readers today! This story appears to have been developing for a couple of weeks but we just now got the latest news from the situation. The newest member of the Twisting Lights Post team, Amaranthinos Chen, was directly at the scene to bring us the most accurate details.

Several days ago the workers at the Great Furnace Forgeworks woke up to an unpleasant surprise. Without explanation, the Grand Circle of Forgemasters shut down production of the Great Furnace leaving hundreds of blacksmiths and forgeworkers out of work.

According to Chen, the riots outside the Furnace gates were a sight to behold. "Ceasing production not only puts the livelihoods of the Ashfall Wastes residents in danger but also the rest of Sornieth!" One rioter could be heard yelling with many similar shouts of anger intermingled in the crowd, "How will the other flights defend themselves if not for our blacksmiths' weapons?! What will we trade with without our forges?!"

The situation was, in a word, desperate. However, our Fire Correspondent was able to attend a secret meeting held by the disgruntled Forgeworkers and organized by a blacksmith coatl named Por. Held in the smoky Flintlock Fumaroles, a series of gas spewing vents near the base of the Great Furnace, Por roused the crowd of her fellow metalworkers with a roaring speech filled with delicious details about the scandalous Forgemasters' plans of treachery to layoff the hardworking dragons of the Forgeworks.

Apparently Forgemaster Maggmaw and a counsel of representatives from wealthy smithing clans discovered a surge of volcanic activity in the Ancient Bellows beneath the Great Furnace (a place few but the most fire resistant dragons can withstand) and a storage of pure elemental fire essence the like of which Sornieth has never seen before. According to a young fae apprentice by the name of Ventrik, this counsel plotted to keep the location of this fire essence from the knowledge of the magisters at the Oculus and use it to increase their own wealth and prosperity.

Por, who had previously mapped the underground vents beneath the Great Furnace, went on to say this:

"Any day now, the heartsblood of the Flamecaller herself will erupt from the sea! A new land will birth from the ocean! We will be ready to lay claim to it and hold it with all our might! Only by holding what they seek hostage will we compel them to negotiate! We are the forgeworkers! We are the blacksmiths! We swing the hammers! We stoke the flames! And we have pure elemental fire on our side! Are you with me?"

And with resounding applause, the workers cheered in triumph. The fruit of Por's labors would not come to pass for several more days. Until today, when a giant volcano, yes gentle readers you read that correctly, burst into existence building an entire new island off the coast of the Ashfall Wastes in less than a day! Our map drawers here in Twisting Lights have been going stark crazy over the news as they desperately try to glean any new information about this new land mass.

However, we are advising our readers to observe the island from afar for now seeing as the political nature surrounding its ownership is still in question. Rumors of possible war have been surfacing but nothing substantial has been brought to our attention as of yet.
-As always, swim deep the ocean's depths and discover the truth!
Funnies Section
As per request, we've added a special section today to bring a bit of lightheartedness to the situation. Just tap the rune attached to this scroll and enjoy!
vGkvIyG.png
XriSV9h.gif
[columns][center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=21887079] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/218871/21887079_350.png[/img] [/url][/center] [font=Century Gothic][size=4] News Reporter: President of Twisting Lights Owl Post Hedwig Potterwings Wind/Ice Corespondent 3/9/2018 [nextcol][color=black][size=6][b]"The Twisting Crescendo dies?! [i]Heartbreak on the Plateau.[/i]"[/b][/size][/color][font=Century Gothic][size=4] Readers, it is with a grieving heart that we send this new edition out today. Many of you may not know but the Post's team very own clan, Twisting Lights, is actually a Wind clan whose very name was inspired by the great swirling vortex that surrounds today's mystery. For over a year now, Twisting Lights and the Post's team have been travelling Sornieth in search of the great Windsinger and as such we were not at home when this recently calamity struck our beautiful homeland. As this story developed, we at the Twisting Lights Post have been very emotional but we have pushed past this to bring you the latest news. [/columns] [font=Century Gothic][size=4] The Twisting Crescendo has died. At least, it was gone for a whole month. The ancient cyclone that kept the Plateau safe and fresh with continual breezes suddenly dissipated overnight last month; much to the shock and horror of the residents in the Wind Flight. [b][i]"Great pain and fright seemed to cry out from everyone at once,"[/i][/b] President Hedwig described mournfully, [i][b]"I have never seen Wind's children so without hope and joy..." [/b][/i] [i][b]"Where is the Windsinger? Why has he abandoned us to this fate?"[/b][/i] Called out a young skydancer from the Reedcleft Ascent. Indeed as the days stretched into weeks, morale on the Plateau continued to decline and it wasn't just dragons who suffered during this time. Many other creatures and beastclans call the Windswept Plateau home and they too looked to the sky with sadness towards the missing tornado that had been the heart of the land. It was not until nearly a month had passed that one of the Post's mail carrying kin, the famous courier Edgar, stumbled upon Wind's salvation. The courier had been on Cloudsong when the winds died and, without proper winds to carry his wings, felt marooned there until such times as the winds returned. It was there that he encountered a strange young spiral who seemed untouched by the lack of wind, the clogging ash-filled sky, and general overall depression that had darkened the Plateau. According to Edgar, this youth seemed to delight in dancing through the air with ease as if they were the last living spirit of the wind brought to life. Curiously, the courier had a package with him that he had not been able to deliver previously. He gave the spiral this package and inside held a simple Windsinger idol. Edgar had to fly to the safety of a floating balloon at this time because of the lack of wind his wings were getting too tired to hold him up to keep up with the spiral. A cheerful [i][b]"Thank you!"[/b][/i] was the last thing Edgar heard from the spiral before the ancient tornado suddenly roared to life once more and filled the Plateau with winds and dreams again. Songs returned to the air and laughs could be heard as wind dragons celebrated the return of the wind; the return of life. Resounding joy and a chorus of peace spread through the hearts of all who witnessed the return of the Twisting Crescendo. One curiosity remains however, the ancient cyclone now spins in the opposite direction that it did originally! What could this mean readers? Your guesses are as good as our own. [right][font=Century Gothic][size=4]-As always, ride the winds home and remain forever hopeful! [/right] [center][color=black][font=Century Gothic][size=5][b]Letters to the Editor[/b][/size][/color][font=Century Gothic] The Twisting Lights Post received several letters recently and that's why we've added this new section to today's edition. Thank you for everyone who sent in letters! [quote name="Amaranth41" date="2018-03-09 05:14:36" ] [left]Dear Twisting Lights Post, My name is Loth and I have recently been following your articles regarding the strange magical occurrences across Sornieth. I was very concerned to hear about the disaster at the Oculus, as a few of my colleagues work near there. A neighboring clan recently played host to Magister Beatrix and the investigative team on their journey through the Shifting Expanse. My friend reported to me that none of the group were very talkative, and would refuse to speak to any of the clan’s reporters. Being a mage myself, it is of professional interest that I learn as much as I can about this investigation and the possible repercussions throughout the mage community. I was wondering if any of your sources had any more luck? I realize that you dislike speculation and that it messes with the objectivity of your paper, but if you have not heard anything for certain I would like to hear what you think may have happened or is happening. Sincerely, Loth CEO of An Apothecary’s Alchemical and Magical Supply 211 Serenity Avenue Wanderer’s Haven, The Lightning Farm 58843[/left] [/quote] [left][font=Century Gothic][size=4] Thank you for the letter Loth! We here at the Twisting Lights Post have been working very hard to follow Magister Beatrix's story as it develops. Unfortunately, our sources have not had much luck in digging up answers either. When the full truth becomes known, we will most certainly publish any information we discover in the newspaper. As for our take on the situation? Well, we suspect that recent anomalies in the weather happening around Sornieth to be part of the cause for the surge in the ley line activity. We don't pretend to be experts in ley line study but our hypothesis is that whatever is causing the disturbances in the natural weather patterns of the different flights somehow contributed to the ancient Lightning Lens breaking. Of course, since we don't know exactly how the lens broke to begin with because of the Magisters' continued silence, this hypothesis is just speculation on our parts. [/left] [right][font=Century Gothic][size=4]-Always yours, President Hedwig Potterwings[/right] [quote name="unidra" date="2018-03-09 07:15:41" ] [left]Dear Editor, I have greatly enjoyed reading your newspaper. Usually we receive our news from traveling dragons or our diplomat, but having a newspaper has been very helpful. However, I have only read your articles in the last day. I'm sure you recently heard that our windstorm stopped for nearly a month, and the couriers could not even reach the Reedcleft Ascent, so I hope you will excuse me if my questions are outdated. My clan runs a bed-and-breakfast for traveling dragons, although they have hardly been traveling without the windstorm. With the recent news, should we warn our travelers about going to the Southern Icefield until the storms die down? And is it possible that's where our Twisting Crescendo went? Thank you for your articles, and I look forward to your next delivery. I'm sure it will arrive on time now that the winds have returned. -Fristona[/left] [/quote] [left][font=Century Gothic][size=4] Hey, thanks for writin' in Miss Fristona, Oh a bed-and-breakfast you say? I'll have to pop by for a visit then! Yes, we have indeed heard about the Twisting Crescendo tragedy, in fact, this is what our most recent edition covers in detail. Although, since these letters come [i]after[/i] the paper I'm sure you've read it already.... well let's get to answering your question! We do not know how or why the great tornado disappeared but we still have been receiving regular reports about the weather in the Fortress of Ends and Cloudscrape Crag regions. The winter storms have not abated in the slightest, in fact, in some areas they appear to have increased in strength. Our advice is to advise any travelers heading to the Southern Icefield to cross the sea through Windstar bay and enter through the Frigid Floes where the weather seems to be the least severe. [/left] [right][font=Century Gothic][size=4]-Always yours, Delivery Owl Pitch Blackweaver[/right]
News Reporter:
President of Twisting Lights Owl Post Hedwig Potterwings
Wind/Ice Corespondent
3/9/2018
"The Twisting Crescendo dies?! Heartbreak on the Plateau."

Readers, it is with a grieving heart that we send this new edition out today. Many of you may not know but the Post's team very own clan, Twisting Lights, is actually a Wind clan whose very name was inspired by the great swirling vortex that surrounds today's mystery.

For over a year now, Twisting Lights and the Post's team have been travelling Sornieth in search of the great Windsinger and as such we were not at home when this recently calamity struck our beautiful homeland. As this story developed, we at the Twisting Lights Post have been very emotional but we have pushed past this to bring you the latest news.

The Twisting Crescendo has died. At least, it was gone for a whole month. The ancient cyclone that kept the Plateau safe and fresh with continual breezes suddenly dissipated overnight last month; much to the shock and horror of the residents in the Wind Flight.

"Great pain and fright seemed to cry out from everyone at once," President Hedwig described mournfully, "I have never seen Wind's children so without hope and joy..."

"Where is the Windsinger? Why has he abandoned us to this fate?" Called out a young skydancer from the Reedcleft Ascent.

Indeed as the days stretched into weeks, morale on the Plateau continued to decline and it wasn't just dragons who suffered during this time. Many other creatures and beastclans call the Windswept Plateau home and they too looked to the sky with sadness towards the missing tornado that had been the heart of the land.

It was not until nearly a month had passed that one of the Post's mail carrying kin, the famous courier Edgar, stumbled upon Wind's salvation. The courier had been on Cloudsong when the winds died and, without proper winds to carry his wings, felt marooned there until such times as the winds returned. It was there that he encountered a strange young spiral who seemed untouched by the lack of wind, the clogging ash-filled sky, and general overall depression that had darkened the Plateau.

According to Edgar, this youth seemed to delight in dancing through the air with ease as if they were the last living spirit of the wind brought to life. Curiously, the courier had a package with him that he had not been able to deliver previously. He gave the spiral this package and inside held a simple Windsinger idol. Edgar had to fly to the safety of a floating balloon at this time because of the lack of wind his wings were getting too tired to hold him up to keep up with the spiral.

A cheerful "Thank you!" was the last thing Edgar heard from the spiral before the ancient tornado suddenly roared to life once more and filled the Plateau with winds and dreams again. Songs returned to the air and laughs could be heard as wind dragons celebrated the return of the wind; the return of life. Resounding joy and a chorus of peace spread through the hearts of all who witnessed the return of the Twisting Crescendo.

One curiosity remains however, the ancient cyclone now spins in the opposite direction that it did originally! What could this mean readers? Your guesses are as good as our own.
-As always, ride the winds home and remain forever hopeful!
Letters to the Editor
The Twisting Lights Post received several letters recently and that's why we've added this new section to today's edition. Thank you for everyone who sent in letters!

Amaranth41 wrote on 2018-03-09 05:14:36:
Dear Twisting Lights Post,
My name is Loth and I have recently been following your articles regarding the strange magical occurrences across Sornieth. I was very concerned to hear about the disaster at the Oculus, as a few of my colleagues work near there. A neighboring clan recently played host to Magister Beatrix and the investigative team on their journey through the Shifting Expanse. My friend reported to me that none of the group were very talkative, and would refuse to speak to any of the clan’s reporters. Being a mage myself, it is of professional interest that I learn as much as I can about this investigation and the possible repercussions throughout the mage community. I was wondering if any of your sources had any more luck? I realize that you dislike speculation and that it messes with the objectivity of your paper, but if you have not heard anything for certain I would like to hear what you think may have happened or is happening.

Sincerely, Loth
CEO of An Apothecary’s Alchemical and Magical Supply
211 Serenity Avenue
Wanderer’s Haven, The Lightning Farm 58843

Thank you for the letter Loth!

We here at the Twisting Lights Post have been working very hard to follow Magister Beatrix's story as it develops. Unfortunately, our sources have not had much luck in digging up answers either. When the full truth becomes known, we will most certainly publish any information we discover in the newspaper. As for our take on the situation? Well, we suspect that recent anomalies in the weather happening around Sornieth to be part of the cause for the surge in the ley line activity. We don't pretend to be experts in ley line study but our hypothesis is that whatever is causing the disturbances in the natural weather patterns of the different flights somehow contributed to the ancient Lightning Lens breaking. Of course, since we don't know exactly how the lens broke to begin with because of the Magisters' continued silence, this hypothesis is just speculation on our parts.
-Always yours, President Hedwig Potterwings

unidra wrote on 2018-03-09 07:15:41:
Dear Editor,

I have greatly enjoyed reading your newspaper. Usually we receive our news from traveling dragons or our diplomat, but having a newspaper has been very helpful. However, I have only read your articles in the last day. I'm sure you recently heard that our windstorm stopped for nearly a month, and the couriers could not even reach the Reedcleft Ascent, so I hope you will excuse me if my questions are outdated.

My clan runs a bed-and-breakfast for traveling dragons, although they have hardly been traveling without the windstorm. With the recent news, should we warn our travelers about going to the Southern Icefield until the storms die down? And is it possible that's where our Twisting Crescendo went?

Thank you for your articles, and I look forward to your next delivery. I'm sure it will arrive on time now that the winds have returned.

-Fristona

Hey, thanks for writin' in Miss Fristona,

Oh a bed-and-breakfast you say? I'll have to pop by for a visit then! Yes, we have indeed heard about the Twisting Crescendo tragedy, in fact, this is what our most recent edition covers in detail. Although, since these letters come after the paper I'm sure you've read it already.... well let's get to answering your question! We do not know how or why the great tornado disappeared but we still have been receiving regular reports about the weather in the Fortress of Ends and Cloudscrape Crag regions. The winter storms have not abated in the slightest, in fact, in some areas they appear to have increased in strength. Our advice is to advise any travelers heading to the Southern Icefield to cross the sea through Windstar bay and enter through the Frigid Floes where the weather seems to be the least severe.
-Always yours, Delivery Owl Pitch Blackweaver
XriSV9h.gif
[columns][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=23334015] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/233341/23334015_350.png[/img] [/url] [font=Century Gothic][size=4] News Reporter: Twisting Lights Owl Post Delivery Owl Hestia Jones Nature/Shadow Corespondent 3/10/2018 [nextcol][color=black][size=6][b]"Shadows Converge in the Wood? [i]A Portal Opens to the Hewn City![/i]"[/b][/size][/color][font=Century Gothic][size=4] Good evening readers, or good morning (wherever you are in the world)! Strange happenings in the Tangled Wood today; not too far from the Twisting Lights Post's HQ, actually. We bring you news of a commonly practiced ritual here in the Tangled Wood. The tending of the Thorndark Alter, a pitch black pool in the heart of the Wood, where dragons ceremoniously drop offerings to the Shadowbinder to pay tribute to the goddess. [/columns] [font=Century Gothic][size=4] For generations this has been done to honor and protect the alter however, something happened during the ceremony when a young ridgeback by the name of Umbrann tossed a oddly moon shaped runestone into the pit. The well of shadows overflowed, covering the ancient amphitheater in shadows. These shadows converged into tendrils that seized slabs of ruin rock to form a stairwell down into the heart the pool where a stone archway sat filled with churning shadows. The young ridgeback, apparently wily in nature and bored of the monotonous ritual, seemed seized with a sense of adventure as he recklessly escaped his mother's claws and dashed into the glowing new portal with absolutely no idea where it would leave. Some would call the little ridgeback brave while others would call him....less kind adjectives. Here at the Post we admire Umbrann's spirit of adventure but would caution him in the future from running into unknown portals that could lead to deathtraps. Fortunately for Umbrann, the portal brought him to the eastern quarter of the Hewn City in the Sunbeam Ruins where he was found by a research guardian named Gleam. The boy appears to be fine but we haven't heard any further reports on if he has been returned to his mother. There is one curious fact left to be said; at the time of the alter's shadowy explosion, there was a lunar eclipse in the sky. As you know readers, lunar eclipses are very rare on Sornieth (we hope everyone wore their protective goggles when looking up!) and if the two events are connected we are left wondering one question. Why? [right][font=Century Gothic][size=4]-As always, taste the jungle's wonders and...wait not that red frog its poisonous! [/right] [center][color=black][font=Century Gothic][size=5][b]Letters to the Editor[/b][/size][/color][font=Century Gothic] The Twisting Lights Post received several letters recently and that's why we've added this new section to today's edition. Thank you for everyone who sent in letters! [quote name="GrinningWolf24" date="2018-03-09 10:49:15" ] [left]Dear Twisting Lights Post, Hello. My name is SimpleLullaby, and I was hoping to get your opinion on a theory of mine regarding recent events. As you have seen, several strange happenings involving various flights have been occuring as of late. They seem to be at random, BUT what if they are all predicted, or even expected? I theorize that these events are either caused by, or at least forewarned by the deities themselves. Not long before the sudden increase in intensity of the winter storms near the Fortress of Ends and the Crags, the Icewarden had proclaimed that "The ice reclaims". In addition, Stormcatcher has been quoted as saying that "The lightning.... it surges" but a few weeks before the increase in lei line power that broke the ancient Lightning glass. On top of that, our very own Windsinger briefly appeared to say that "The winds... they change". Now that we finally have our winds back after months of stifling under the smoke and doldrums, they are blowing [u]in the opposite direction[/u]. Coincidence? I propose not. While I am still attempting to gather information from friends in other far-flung clans as to the activities of their deities in an attempt to predict events, I feel that the connections thus far can not be overlooked. I would very much appreciate your input on my idea, as well as if you should like to recieve further notes on any findings I may stumble across in my research. Thank you for your time, SimpleLullaby City of Caesura Wind/Fire border Wind territory[/left] [/quote] [left][font=Century Gothic][size=4] You letter was most interesting SimpleLullaby, I find your logic and connections of the events to be very conclusive! After great study of the reports that we have been receiving from our various sources here at the office I am inclined to accept your proposal as the most likely scenario at this time. It is my assumption that all these events are leading to something big that has been orchestrated by the Eleven themselves. Of course, according to the Twisting Lights Post protocol, I must add that my theory is just speculation and that readers should not base their opinions based on my sole testimony. However I would be overjoyed to hear about anymore of your findings in the future. I will be looking forward to hearing back from you. [/left] [right][font=Century Gothic][size=4]-Always yours, Delivery Owl Pern S. Roth[/right] [quote name="KnightYumi" date="2018-03-10 07:27:43" ] [left]Dear Sir or Madam, I'm Euryn Sharpclaw. I'd like to requests a subscription to your newspaper. It would be a great help to us, so we can inform our local citizens and travelers as well, about the strange circumstances of Sornieth. I'm sure your news saved several lives of adventurers, because they got inform about the storms of The Southern Icefield and the current situation of The Ashfall Waste. Sincerely, Guard Captain Euryn Sharpclaw Fortress City of Windsong Valley Cloudsong Wind Territory[/left] [/quote] [left][font=Century Gothic][size=4] Thank you for writing in Captain, It is our hope that these publications have saved lives and informed travelers from all over Sornieth of the changes occurring in our world! We started this little newspaper in hopes that this information would be of use to the public at large and we have seen reports of citizens avoiding the more volatile areas that have been affected so far. This is a job well done for us and it fills us with priding knowing that we have made a small difference in the lives of those of you who are reading this paper. Rest assured Captain Sharpclaw, that we will make regular deliveries to your area from now on. [/left] [right][font=Century Gothic][size=4]-Always yours, President Hedwig Potterwings[/right]

23334015_350.png

News Reporter:
Twisting Lights Owl Post Delivery Owl Hestia Jones
Nature/Shadow Corespondent
3/10/2018
"Shadows Converge in the Wood? A Portal Opens to the Hewn City!"

Good evening readers, or good morning (wherever you are in the world)! Strange happenings in the Tangled Wood today; not too far from the Twisting Lights Post's HQ, actually.

We bring you news of a commonly practiced ritual here in the Tangled Wood. The tending of the Thorndark Alter, a pitch black pool in the heart of the Wood, where dragons ceremoniously drop offerings to the Shadowbinder to pay tribute to the goddess.

For generations this has been done to honor and protect the alter however, something happened during the ceremony when a young ridgeback by the name of Umbrann tossed a oddly moon shaped runestone into the pit. The well of shadows overflowed, covering the ancient amphitheater in shadows. These shadows converged into tendrils that seized slabs of ruin rock to form a stairwell down into the heart the pool where a stone archway sat filled with churning shadows.

The young ridgeback, apparently wily in nature and bored of the monotonous ritual, seemed seized with a sense of adventure as he recklessly escaped his mother's claws and dashed into the glowing new portal with absolutely no idea where it would leave. Some would call the little ridgeback brave while others would call him....less kind adjectives. Here at the Post we admire Umbrann's spirit of adventure but would caution him in the future from running into unknown portals that could lead to deathtraps.

Fortunately for Umbrann, the portal brought him to the eastern quarter of the Hewn City in the Sunbeam Ruins where he was found by a research guardian named Gleam. The boy appears to be fine but we haven't heard any further reports on if he has been returned to his mother.

There is one curious fact left to be said; at the time of the alter's shadowy explosion, there was a lunar eclipse in the sky. As you know readers, lunar eclipses are very rare on Sornieth (we hope everyone wore their protective goggles when looking up!) and if the two events are connected we are left wondering one question. Why?

-As always, taste the jungle's wonders and...wait not that red frog its poisonous!
Letters to the Editor
The Twisting Lights Post received several letters recently and that's why we've added this new section to today's edition. Thank you for everyone who sent in letters!

GrinningWolf24 wrote on 2018-03-09 10:49:15:

Hello. My name is SimpleLullaby, and I was hoping to get your opinion on a theory of mine regarding recent events. As you have seen, several strange happenings involving various flights have been occuring as of late. They seem to be at random, BUT what if they are all predicted, or even expected? I theorize that these events are either caused by, or at least forewarned by the deities themselves. Not long before the sudden increase in intensity of the winter storms near the Fortress of Ends and the Crags, the Icewarden had proclaimed that "The ice reclaims". In addition, Stormcatcher has been quoted as saying that "The lightning.... it surges" but a few weeks before the increase in lei line power that broke the ancient Lightning glass. On top of that, our very own Windsinger briefly appeared to say that "The winds... they change". Now that we finally have our winds back after months of stifling under the smoke and doldrums, they are blowing in the opposite direction. Coincidence? I propose not. While I am still attempting to gather information from friends in other far-flung clans as to the activities of their deities in an attempt to predict events, I feel that the connections thus far can not be overlooked. I would very much appreciate your input on my idea, as well as if you should like to recieve further notes on any findings I may stumble across in my research.

Thank you for your time,
SimpleLullaby

City of Caesura
Wind/Fire border
Wind territory

You letter was most interesting SimpleLullaby,

I find your logic and connections of the events to be very conclusive! After great study of the reports that we have been receiving from our various sources here at the office I am inclined to accept your proposal as the most likely scenario at this time. It is my assumption that all these events are leading to something big that has been orchestrated by the Eleven themselves. Of course, according to the Twisting Lights Post protocol, I must add that my theory is just speculation and that readers should not base their opinions based on my sole testimony. However I would be overjoyed to hear about anymore of your findings in the future. I will be looking forward to hearing back from you.
-Always yours, Delivery Owl Pern S. Roth

KnightYumi wrote on 2018-03-10 07:27:43:
Dear Sir or Madam,

I'm Euryn Sharpclaw. I'd like to requests a subscription to your newspaper. It would be a great help to us, so we can inform our local citizens and travelers as well, about the strange circumstances of Sornieth.
I'm sure your news saved several lives of adventurers, because they got inform about the storms of The Southern Icefield and the current situation of The Ashfall Waste.

Sincerely,
Guard Captain Euryn Sharpclaw

Fortress
City of Windsong Valley
Cloudsong
Wind Territory

Thank you for writing in Captain,

It is our hope that these publications have saved lives and informed travelers from all over Sornieth of the changes occurring in our world! We started this little newspaper in hopes that this information would be of use to the public at large and we have seen reports of citizens avoiding the more volatile areas that have been affected so far. This is a job well done for us and it fills us with priding knowing that we have made a small difference in the lives of those of you who are reading this paper. Rest assured Captain Sharpclaw, that we will make regular deliveries to your area from now on.
XriSV9h.gif
[columns][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=22468886] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/224689/22468886_350.png[/img] [/url] [font=Century Gothic][size=4] News Reporter: Twisting Lights Owl Post Delivery Owl Pern S. Roth Earth/Lightning Corespondent 3/11/2018 [nextcol] [color=black][size=6][b]"Disturbing Disappearances in the Breach? [i]Unearthly Discoveries in Dragonhome![/i]"[/b][/size][/color][font=Century Gothic][size=4] Welcome back to a sparkling new edition of Twisting Lights Post! Today we have distressing news for the wide dragon world. The acclaimed Dragonhome Preservation Guild, which has been gaining in notoriety these last few years for their excavations in the Greatwyrm's Breach, experienced a perplexing calamity yesterday during one of their most recent digs. [/columns] [font=Century Gothic][size=4] Unfortunately, due to the secretive nature of the Guild, our sources have not been able to reveal to us what was discovered in the dark caverns of the Earthshaker's domain during this dig. However, the story today lies in the excavators and not the excavations. Somehow the team of Archaeologians have gone missing! According to the guild's backer, an organization represented Patriarch Ebonhide, an elderly imperial, he was visiting the dig with his pearlcatcher steward Trito when all of a sudden the ground began to shift and quake beneath them. He reported that the Master Archaeologian, a older nocturne by the name of Velya, was needed in another area of the dig site and was called away from Ebonhide's tour of the caverns by her spiral apprentice Fetter. Master Velya and her apprentice have not been seen since the incident. She and the rest of her crew have been reported missing but nothing has been found by any of the rescue teams attempting to ascertain their whereabouts. This disturbing turn of events leads us to wonder what the guild could have possible unearthed in those dark catacombs surrounding what remains of the Pillar of the World. Could they have exhumed some ancient curse of the Earthshaker or perhaps the earth beneath our paws has only just decided to awaken? A word of caution to all those near or planning to travel to the Greatwyrm's Breach. The caves where the guild was digging has been cordoned off and no one but the rescue teams have been allowed entry. We ask our readers to respect this and keep away from the area and stay safe. [right][font=Century Gothic][size=4]-As always, only in knowledge is there justice and only in truth is there peace! [/right] [center][color=black][font=Century Gothic][size=5][b]Letters to the Editor[/b][/size][/color][font=Century Gothic] The Twisting Lights Post received only one letter for this edition and we won't disappoint the loyal reader who sent it in. Without further adieu, please enjoy the Letters to the Editor! [quote name="TwilitBard" date="2018-03-11 04:32:17" ] [left]Dear Twisting Lights Post, or whoever this may concern, My apologies firstly, as this letter must be very late. I wanted to deliver it to you myself rather than using a courier. But now for formalities, I am Typheus, also known as the slumbering one. Recently, I have found that interruptions to my rest are becoming more and more frequent, not to mention how difficult it is to get to sleep in the first place. The elemental disturbances of recent have been shifting the magical energies in Sornieth. I and my clan mates have been sending researchers to check the old Shadow Flight border that we once crossed many moons ago to come here - and we have all noticed the same thing. The darkness appears to be [i]spreading[/i]. A few of the more dedicated ones have checked the fringes of the Hewn City and found signs that Shadow Dragons have entered our territory without walking across the border. Even our strongest mages don't know why or [i]how[/i] this is occurring. We know of the portal, but aside from that we have no clue how they are sneaking in. As of current the best of our research team are trying to find and, if possible, block off the spot where the portal occurred and set up and outpost there to collect anymore lost shadow hatchlings. They'll certainly be able to find a home in the adoption center one of our clan runs. In the meantime, I hope this letter finds you in good health. You have our blessings. Typheus Clan of Lost Souls The Border of Light and Dark The Hewn City Light Flight Territory.[/left] [/quote] [left][font=Century Gothic][size=4] Th-thank you for the L-letter Typheus, O-oh I apologize for my s-shaky paw w-writing... its j-just that receant e-events have me s-so [s]excited[/s] uh, I-I mean troubled. I have n-noticed the increase in s-shadow's hatchlings c-crossing the boundaries into the R-ruins as well. My own expeditions into the... H-h-hewn C-city haven't revealed m-much in the way of how th-they are ach-chieving this but my sp-pirit guilds have told me that the supernatural activity s-since the portal's c-construction has been s-steadily inc-creasing with each new shadow dragon that c-crosses the void. The President h-has t-told me to include a warning to the y-young shadow d-dragons thinking about using the p-portal. We do yet know what the f-future repercussions of using the portal will be so w-we ask that you w-wait until further research can be done. [/left] [right][font=Century Gothic][size=4]-Always yours, Delivery Owl Sir Hadley Bartholomew Lightsworn[/right]

22468886_350.png

News Reporter:
Twisting Lights Owl Post Delivery Owl Pern S. Roth
Earth/Lightning Corespondent
3/11/2018
"Disturbing Disappearances in the Breach? Unearthly Discoveries in Dragonhome!"

Welcome back to a sparkling new edition of Twisting Lights Post! Today we have distressing news for the wide dragon world.

The acclaimed Dragonhome Preservation Guild, which has been gaining in notoriety these last few years for their excavations in the Greatwyrm's Breach, experienced a perplexing calamity yesterday during one of their most recent digs.

Unfortunately, due to the secretive nature of the Guild, our sources have not been able to reveal to us what was discovered in the dark caverns of the Earthshaker's domain during this dig. However, the story today lies in the excavators and not the excavations. Somehow the team of Archaeologians have gone missing!

According to the guild's backer, an organization represented Patriarch Ebonhide, an elderly imperial, he was visiting the dig with his pearlcatcher steward Trito when all of a sudden the ground began to shift and quake beneath them. He reported that the Master Archaeologian, a older nocturne by the name of Velya, was needed in another area of the dig site and was called away from Ebonhide's tour of the caverns by her spiral apprentice Fetter.

Master Velya and her apprentice have not been seen since the incident. She and the rest of her crew have been reported missing but nothing has been found by any of the rescue teams attempting to ascertain their whereabouts. This disturbing turn of events leads us to wonder what the guild could have possible unearthed in those dark catacombs surrounding what remains of the Pillar of the World. Could they have exhumed some ancient curse of the Earthshaker or perhaps the earth beneath our paws has only just decided to awaken?

A word of caution to all those near or planning to travel to the Greatwyrm's Breach. The caves where the guild was digging has been cordoned off and no one but the rescue teams have been allowed entry. We ask our readers to respect this and keep away from the area and stay safe.

-As always, only in knowledge is there justice and only in truth is there peace!

Letters to the Editor
The Twisting Lights Post received only one letter for this edition and we won't disappoint the loyal reader who sent it in. Without further adieu, please enjoy the Letters to the Editor!

TwilitBard wrote on 2018-03-11 04:32:17:
Dear Twisting Lights Post, or whoever this may concern,

My apologies firstly, as this letter must be very late. I wanted to deliver it to you myself rather than using a courier.
But now for formalities, I am Typheus, also known as the slumbering one. Recently, I have found that interruptions to my rest are becoming more and more frequent, not to mention how difficult it is to get to sleep in the first place. The elemental disturbances of recent have been shifting the magical energies in Sornieth.
I and my clan mates have been sending researchers to check the old Shadow Flight border that we once crossed many moons ago to come here - and we have all noticed the same thing. The darkness appears to be spreading. A few of the more dedicated ones have checked the fringes of the Hewn City and found signs that Shadow Dragons have entered our territory without walking across the border. Even our strongest mages don't know why or how this is occurring. We know of the portal, but aside from that we have no clue how they are sneaking in. As of current the best of our research team are trying to find and, if possible, block off the spot where the portal occurred and set up and outpost there to collect anymore lost shadow hatchlings. They'll certainly be able to find a home in the adoption center one of our clan runs.
In the meantime, I hope this letter finds you in good health. You have our blessings.
Typheus

Clan of Lost Souls
The Border of Light and Dark
The Hewn City
Light Flight Territory.

Th-thank you for the L-letter Typheus,

O-oh I apologize for my s-shaky paw w-writing... its j-just that receant e-events have me s-so excited uh, I-I mean troubled. I have n-noticed the increase in s-shadow's hatchlings c-crossing the boundaries into the R-ruins as well. My own expeditions into the... H-h-hewn C-city haven't revealed m-much in the way of how th-they are ach-chieving this but my sp-pirit guilds have told me that the supernatural activity s-since the portal's c-construction has been s-steadily inc-creasing with each new shadow dragon that c-crosses the void. The President h-has t-told me to include a warning to the y-young shadow d-dragons thinking about using the p-portal. We do yet know what the f-future repercussions of using the portal will be so w-we ask that you w-wait until further research can be done.
-Always yours, Delivery Owl Sir Hadley Bartholomew Lightsworn
XriSV9h.gif
[columns][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=22468886] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/224689/22468886_350.png[/img] [/url] [font=Century Gothic][size=4] News Reporter: Twisting Lights Owl Post Delivery Owl Pern S. Roth Earth/Lightning Corespondent 3/12/2018 [nextcol] [color=black][size=6][b]"Collusion in the Desert? [i]Power Changes Hands in Shifting Expanse![/i]"[/b][/size][/color][font=Century Gothic][size=4] Good Afternoon readers and welcome back to a new edition of the Twisting Lights Post! Recently we have been receiving troubling information about an evolving situation occurring the Lightning Flight. Concerned about the recent news, Twisting Light's Clan Leader, [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=78069&tab=dragon&did=14438984]Electra[/url], sent an old friend of the clan to discover what was really going on behind the smoke and mirrors. We will not name our informant, ladies and gentledragons, to keep their identity from being found out by those they spied on. [/columns] [font=Century Gothic][size=4] Our story today revolves around several dragons that we will list now: A trio of electricians Chasem (a snapper male), Dib (a spiral male), and Flick (a Ridgeback male. Their supervisor Chief Storm Engineer Craklinne (a fae female) and Apprentice magister of lightning Gertrude (a pearlcatcher female). These are the identities of the dragons that our source was able to reveal to us and we will now enlightening you in how they are all connected. The trio of electricians, having a reputation for trouble, were reassigned to a new important task veiled in secrecy to the public. Chief Storm Engineer Craklinne assigned the three to rebuilding the Lightning sanctum, run by apprentice magister Gertrude. Miss Gertrude seemed very welcoming to the trio and, dare we say it readers, somewhat smitten with Chasem whom she became good friends with. Each day the trio was sent blueprints of another part of the sanctum and each day the trio used the materials that were delivered to them to build that particular part. This was very strange to our source. Why not just give the electricians all the blueprints at once and instead of giving them a part of it everyday? Something was not right. A storm was brewing. Indeed, once the trio of electricians finished their work Chief Storm Engineer Craklinne showed up and took over the operation with an army of unfamiliar electricians. Once the trio was sent away, poor Gertrude was forcibly removed from her home by Craklinne. Our source wrote telling us they would try to help the pearlcatcher should she be in danger but we have not heard back from them as of yet. [right][font=Century Gothic][size=4]-As always, when the storm approaches find shelter and wait it out. [/right] [center][color=black][font=Century Gothic][size=5][b]Funnies Section[/b][/size][/color][font=Century Gothic] As we received no letters for this edition, we've added a special section today to bring a bit of lightheartedness to the situation. Just tap the rune attached to this scroll and enjoy! [url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=caCOnDa0SbU][img]http://i.imgur.com/vGkvIyG.png[/img][/url] [/center]

22468886_350.png

News Reporter:
Twisting Lights Owl Post Delivery Owl Pern S. Roth
Earth/Lightning Corespondent
3/12/2018
"Collusion in the Desert? Power Changes Hands in Shifting Expanse!"

Good Afternoon readers and welcome back to a new edition of the Twisting Lights Post! Recently we have been receiving troubling information about an evolving situation occurring the Lightning Flight.

Concerned about the recent news, Twisting Light's Clan Leader, Electra, sent an old friend of the clan to discover what was really going on behind the smoke and mirrors. We will not name our informant, ladies and gentledragons, to keep their identity from being found out by those they spied on.

Our story today revolves around several dragons that we will list now: A trio of electricians Chasem (a snapper male), Dib (a spiral male), and Flick (a Ridgeback male. Their supervisor Chief Storm Engineer Craklinne (a fae female) and Apprentice magister of lightning Gertrude (a pearlcatcher female).

These are the identities of the dragons that our source was able to reveal to us and we will now enlightening you in how they are all connected. The trio of electricians, having a reputation for trouble, were reassigned to a new important task veiled in secrecy to the public. Chief Storm Engineer Craklinne assigned the three to rebuilding the Lightning sanctum, run by apprentice magister Gertrude. Miss Gertrude seemed very welcoming to the trio and, dare we say it readers, somewhat smitten with Chasem whom she became good friends with.

Each day the trio was sent blueprints of another part of the sanctum and each day the trio used the materials that were delivered to them to build that particular part. This was very strange to our source. Why not just give the electricians all the blueprints at once and instead of giving them a part of it everyday? Something was not right. A storm was brewing.

Indeed, once the trio of electricians finished their work Chief Storm Engineer Craklinne showed up and took over the operation with an army of unfamiliar electricians. Once the trio was sent away, poor Gertrude was forcibly removed from her home by Craklinne. Our source wrote telling us they would try to help the pearlcatcher should she be in danger but we have not heard back from them as of yet.

-As always, when the storm approaches find shelter and wait it out.

Funnies Section
As we received no letters for this edition, we've added a special section today to bring a bit of lightheartedness to the situation. Just tap the rune attached to this scroll and enjoy!
vGkvIyG.png
XriSV9h.gif
[columns][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=23565772] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/235658/23565772_350.png[/img] [/url] [font=Century Gothic][size=4] News Reporter: Twisting Lights Owl Post Delivery Owl Pitch Blackweaver Plague/Arcane Corespondent 3/13/2018 [nextcol] [color=black][size=6][b]"War on the Horizon? [i]Plague and Nature Armistice Ends![/i]"[/b][/size][/color][font=Century Gothic][size=4] Readers, we are asking all of you to remain calm while you read this report and do not panic. Relations between the Plague and Nature flight, always somewhat hostile, have deteriorated almost over night. The Post's own plague correspondent brings us the details of this terrifying situation. [/columns] [font=Century Gothic][size=4] As many of you know, every 10 years the Nature and Plague Flights exchange Ambassadors that each carry with them an item that is both relic and weapon. The Plague Ambassador carries The Final Infection, a disease created by the Plaguebringer herself to end all other diseases. If unleashed it could spread across Sornieth in a manner of days claiming the lives of all in its path. Gentle readers, it would be the end of Sornieth as we know it. The Nature Ambassador carries The First Seed. Tended by the Gladekeeper herself, the seed was harvested from the highest boughs of the Behemoth and contains the power to unleash a proliferation of hyperflora the likes of which no one has ever seen. If the seed is planted it would seek to cover all the land and reclaim everything for itself. This too would mean the end of Sornieth. Ladies and gentledragons, we are here to inform you that The First Seed has been planted in the quarantine zone used as the Nature Ambassador's dwelling for millennia. We don't have many details but we have ascertained that the Nature Ambassador, Liefa a female Ridgeback, was suffering from an illness prior to releasing the seed. Although that is not unusual in and of itself, this illness seemed to affect her mental capabilities and to our knowledge Liefa was not in her right mind when she planted The First Seed. The Seed caused untold damage to the plague outpost and many plague warriors died in an attempt to restrain the Seed's power. From the reports coming in, we believe the devastation was temporarily stopped after Liefa's brave imperial bodyguard, Garote, brought her out of her insanity. He ended up entrapped by the Seed's expanding vines but Liefa came to her senses and was able to contain the Seed's power for a time in her own body. She was then flown back to the Viridian Labyrinth in hopes that The Behemoth would offer a solution for the Seed's containment. However, the damage, whether unintentional or not, has been done and the Armistice has ended. [indent][indent][center][font=Century Gothic][size=4]-As always, never loose hope when things look truly dark and remember the power of friendship and forgiveness.[/center] [/indent][/indent] [center][img]http://flightrising.com/dropbox/lore_natureplague8970443.png[/img][/center] [center][color=black][font=Century Gothic][size=5][b]Funnies Section[/b][/size][/color][font=Century Gothic] As we received no letters for this edition, we've added a special section today to bring a bit of lightheartedness to the situation. Just tap the rune attached to this scroll and enjoy! [url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nMYtr1Q9TaA&index=4&list=PLYM4f8b_wZRhW7QvPQDLdytztUuYB23P9][img]http://i.imgur.com/vGkvIyG.png[/img][/url] [/center]

23565772_350.png

News Reporter:
Twisting Lights Owl Post Delivery Owl Pitch Blackweaver
Plague/Arcane Corespondent
3/13/2018
"War on the Horizon? Plague and Nature Armistice Ends!"

Readers, we are asking all of you to remain calm while you read this report and do not panic. Relations between the Plague and Nature flight, always somewhat hostile, have deteriorated almost over night. The Post's own plague correspondent brings us the details of this terrifying situation.

As many of you know, every 10 years the Nature and Plague Flights exchange Ambassadors that each carry with them an item that is both relic and weapon. The Plague Ambassador carries The Final Infection, a disease created by the Plaguebringer herself to end all other diseases. If unleashed it could spread across Sornieth in a manner of days claiming the lives of all in its path. Gentle readers, it would be the end of Sornieth as we know it.

The Nature Ambassador carries The First Seed. Tended by the Gladekeeper herself, the seed was harvested from the highest boughs of the Behemoth and contains the power to unleash a proliferation of hyperflora the likes of which no one has ever seen. If the seed is planted it would seek to cover all the land and reclaim everything for itself. This too would mean the end of Sornieth.

Ladies and gentledragons, we are here to inform you that The First Seed has been planted in the quarantine zone used as the Nature Ambassador's dwelling for millennia. We don't have many details but we have ascertained that the Nature Ambassador, Liefa a female Ridgeback, was suffering from an illness prior to releasing the seed. Although that is not unusual in and of itself, this illness seemed to affect her mental capabilities and to our knowledge Liefa was not in her right mind when she planted The First Seed.

The Seed caused untold damage to the plague outpost and many plague warriors died in an attempt to restrain the Seed's power. From the reports coming in, we believe the devastation was temporarily stopped after Liefa's brave imperial bodyguard, Garote, brought her out of her insanity. He ended up entrapped by the Seed's expanding vines but Liefa came to her senses and was able to contain the Seed's power for a time in her own body. She was then flown back to the Viridian Labyrinth in hopes that The Behemoth would offer a solution for the Seed's containment.

However, the damage, whether unintentional or not, has been done and the Armistice has ended.
-As always, never loose hope when things look truly dark and remember the power of friendship and forgiveness.
lore_natureplague8970443.png
Funnies Section
As we received no letters for this edition, we've added a special section today to bring a bit of lightheartedness to the situation. Just tap the rune attached to this scroll and enjoy!
vGkvIyG.png
XriSV9h.gif
[columns][center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=34723922] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/347240/34723922_350.png[/img] [/url][/center] [font=Century Gothic][size=4] News Reporter: Twisting Lights Owl Post Delivery Owl Amaranthinos Chen Water/Fire Corespondent 3/14/2018 [nextcol] [color=black][size=6][b]"Hurricane Smashes Tsunami Flats! [i]The Tidelord Goes Silent?[/i]"[/b][/size][/color][font=Century Gothic][size=4] Readers, today we must cover the devastation of a horrific storm that battered the shallow areas of Tsunami Flats early this morning. A supercell the exact size and shape of the ancient Twisting Crescendo slammed into the coast. Its path of destruction not only affected the Flats but also hit coastal areas of the Driftwood Drag, the Sunbeam Ruins, and the Highland Scrub. We bring you the details: [/columns] [font=Century Gothic][size=4] Our Water correspondent, Amaranthinos Chen, was travelling to the Fishspine Reef when the hurricane struck and unfortunately was injured during her reporting duties. Miss Chen sent her reports into the office in by Zalis but has elected to stay at the scene to help with the rescue efforts. She has assured us that her injuries were minor and that she will make a full recovery. From her reports, we know that countless young clans have been displaced but we do not have a death toll at this time. It is likely that the casualties from this catastrophe will continue to rise as the rescue guilds scour the beaches for survivors. Miss Chen did come across the tragic story of one family who lost a hatchling to the storm. A Shallowseer, a male guardian named Aguar, and his young guardian son Kamak have desperately been searching for Kamak's missing sister, a pearlcatcher named Splash, who was lost during the storm. Kamak's father went to Shoredeep Presage to see if the Tidelord would divine the location of his missing daughter but to his shock, no new prophesies have surfaced since the hurricane reached the shores of the Sea of a Thousand Currents. We ask our readers, if there are any near the Flats, to be on the lookout for news of the child. As things are, the Twisting Lights Post's will be sending out food packages and other materials to the readers whose addresses are near the Tsunami Flats area. [right][font=Century Gothic][size=4]-As always, treasure family and never give up. [/right] [center][color=black][font=Century Gothic][size=5][b]Letters to the Editor[/b][/size][/color][font=Century Gothic] The Twisting Lights Post received many letters recently and that's why we've added this new section to today's edition. Thank you for everyone who sent in letters![/center] [quote name="ToxicToucan" date="2018-03-13 18:11:16" ] [center][img]http://flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=0&body=121&bodygene=12&breed=3&element=2&gender=1&tert=59&tertgene=16&winggene=2&wings=161&auth=c12f0b4ca8cb34e35bf78e5ee55d65cd5b491f50&dummyext=prev.png[/img][/center] [left][i]Dear Twisting Lights Post people, My name is [s]Rooge[/s] Rouge. I am a Plague dragon from a clan near the Scarred Wasteland. At least, that's what my mama has told me. Well, she's not my real mama, my real mama is still at home. She gave my egg to my mama (her name's [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=107408&tab=dragon&did=7881084]Gyre[/url]) to keep me safe. I guess there's a bunch of scary stuff going on right now. Something about lots of trees and stuff growing really fast where they shouldn't've been, and then an Armisstiss being broken? I don't know what an Armisstiss is, but can't they just glue it back together? My mama says there's gonna be a lot of fighting near where my other mama lives, and that's why I'm here with her near the Gladekeeper lady. But I don't feel really safe here either. The other hatchlings say that I'm a spy or a [s]trater[/s] traitor. I get beat up a lot at daycare...and then there's this scary hunter [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=107408&tab=dragon&did=11726681]lady[/url] that keeps...looking at me the way I look at my food. My mama keeps me safe when she isn't doing her job, but how do I keep myself safe from the other hatchlings...or that scary hunter lady? Can you help me? [s]Sinseerlee[/s] Sincerely, Rouge New Silver Glade Clan member[/left] [/quote] [font=Century Gothic][size=4] Dear Rouge, Precious child... I do wish I could fix all the problems in the world for you now. Unfortunately, things that grown-ups break can't always be put back together. I am so sorry to hear of your hardships little one. The only advice I can give you is to tell an adult you trust what is happening and let them sort those bullies out for you. Perhaps your mother has friends who can watch out for you while she his away? Try to remember to have hope that a better day will come, little one. And remember that its okay to be yourself. I wish you the very best Rogue. Thank you for sending this letter to us. I have a attached a runestone to this scroll. It has always brought me luck but I think you need it more than I do. [center][item=water runestone] [/center] [right][font=Century Gothic][size=4] -Always yours, Delivery Owl Amaranthinos Chen[/right] [quote name="TheWhiteTigerGod" date="2018-03-13 19:38:29" ] [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=16105567] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/161056/16105567.png[/img] [/url][/center] [i]Dear Twisting Lights Post, My name is Euphoria, a Plague dragon living within a clan that hails from the Tsunami Flats. I write to you, somewhat exhausted from mediating and keeping my fellow Plague dragons within the clan from harassing the members who hail from the Viridian Labyrinth, so do forgive me if my handwriting is a tad sluggish. The news of what transpired between the Plague and Nature flights has effected many, even the small clan I call home. Though I do come originally from the Scarred Wastelands, I use my magic and knowledge in an unorthodox method, to heal, rather than infect. It's because of these therapeutic abilities that those from Plague and Nature decent had turned calm, enough to level with one another and eventually come to a peaceful end to their quabbles. Neighboring clans have not been so lucky.... I hope that any Plague and Nature based members of your post, alongside the rest of your hardworking team, fair well in these troubled times. I also carry hope that the two flights can get passed their ancient rivalry and work with one another, like Liefa and Garote, and so many others within the different clans around Sorneith have done. Sincerely and best wishes, Euphoria Tsunami Flats Water territory[/i] [/quote] [font=Century Gothic][size=4] Thank you for sending us this letter Euphoria, The Clan of the Twisting Lights has not had too many problems with infighting among our plague and nature dragons. However, that is mostly due to the age of the plague and nature dragons in our clan. Most of them are either respected clan elders or loyal clan warriors whom it would be disrespectful to cast suspicion on. There has been a few instances of prejudice among the younger dragons but we have a strong clan leader who dealt with the situations swiftly. As for the members of the Post's team? We trust each other implicitly. I myself, lived in the Scarred Wasteland for many years while Hestia was raised in the Labyrinth but we bare no ill will towards each other. I hope this delivery finds your clan well! [right][font=Century Gothic][size=4] -Always yours, Delivery Owl Pitch Blackweaver[/right] [quote name="Spiderbee" date="2018-03-13 20:39:14" ] [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=30944469] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/309445/30944469.png[/img] [/url][/center] [left][i]Hello! To whom it may concern I am Echo, an Imperial of the Seaglass Clan. By the Tidelord, what a mess! My heart goes out to those Plague dragons affected by the First Seed, and to Garote and Liefa, those poor souls! I hope things do not get too hectic from here, I get stressed just thinking about what this sort of thing means for Sornieth. I am almost scared to ask my clan's oracles... I dont personally know any Plague or Nature dragons; the only eyes around here are just like my own! If you have either of those Flights on your team, how are they handling it? Despite our Flight's territory being in the middle of such conflict, we have yet to see any effects. At least, not here in the Reef. However, when the news reached me, I knew I had to write something. I hope your team is doing well! Sincerely, Echo[/left] [/quote] [font=Century Gothic][size=4] Thanks for writing in Echo! I hope that this delivery of the post finds your clan unharmed by the recent hurricane that devastated the coast. Our team does have dragons who hail from the Scarred Wasteland and the Viridian Labyrinth, though they were no originally born there, but to work in this profession you must trust in your colleagues at all times! Therefore the Post's team is doing fine in that aspect. The recent events that have been happening has made a lot of here at the office worried about all our wonderful readers! [right][font=Century Gothic][size=4] -Always yours, President Hedwig Potterwings[/right] [quote name="Elisse" date="2018-03-13 20:54:09" ] [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=37972682] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/379727/37972682.png[/img] [/url][/center] [i]To whom it may concern at the Twisting Lights Post, I regret that I make your acquaintance under these circumstances. My name is Shae. I come bearing concerns about my brave friend, Icarus. Icarus is a natural born Plague dragon, and he is very fond of his home. However, I fear the news from the Wastelands has put him in [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2377395#post_32162049]great distress.[/url] I should elaborate on the dealings of my clan to give his distress some perspective. I hail from Nogglet Springs, a settlement in the Sunbeam Ruins. The settlement is mostly in the Ruins, but the westernmost fringe lies in the Hewn City. Icarus is the war elder of the clan, and also prepares the hordes of young dragons for exaltation. I am his underling, training by his side and assisting as our numbers grow. Icarus is not the only one responsible for educating the youth, however. An Imperial named Eowyn is one of the scholars that personally trains the young hatchlings in knowledge pertaining to history, geography, anything not pertaining to combat strategy, beastclan history, and information equipping them toward violent ends. That knowledge is Icarus' specialty. When Icarus received news of the armistice ending, he pulled me aside and told me of his concerns. He believed the presence of Imperials in our clan could be dangerous. Icarus wanted to arrest Eowyn and the other Imperial living in the outpost and have them held in separate rooms in our, um, [s]magical prison[/s]. [/i] A few words are marked out. [i]It's hard to explain the nature of the Reverie. It's a place we put troublemakers or citizens the elders are concerned about and want to observe for a while. But it's also an inn for regular visitors. Two Skydancers trained in pacifying magics run the establishment. I haven't met them personally. Anyway, the clan elders know nothing of Icarus' actions! I would speak with the elders, but they believe this armistice stuff is a brilliant opportunity for an attack from another clan. Tensions are high at Nogglet Springs. I want to protect the clan, but I fear punishment if I speak my mind. I want to remain on Icarus' good side, but I don't want to turn a blind eye to the injustice happening here. Eowyn is a good dragon. I'm not sure about the other imperial, but I want to believe he is peaceful as well. I don't know what awaits us, but I can only hope that the deities have a sense of mercy. Sincerely, Shae Clansguard of the Nogglet Springs Settlement [/i][/quote] [font=Century Gothic][size=4] Shae, your letter was intriguing! I find that the situation in your clan to be unwarranted. If the fear of imperials is solely because of the fear of possible emperor uprisings than I say these actions by this Icarus to be foolish. Imperials are large, powerful and very hard to kill. They can be a clan's greatest asset when it comes to defense. I would advise whoever is in charge of your clan to stop these ridiculous mutterings and end this discrimination. The most important things we can do at the moment is to remain calm and levelheaded. Stand against this injustice! [right][font=Century Gothic][size=4] -Always yours, Delivery Owl Pern S. Roth [/right] [quote name="MerryClarinet" date="2018-03-14 08:15:29" ] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=20801870][center][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/208019/20801870.png[/img][/url][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=20801871][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/208019/20801871.png[/img][/url][/center] [left]Dear Twisting Lights post, The other day, while flying near plague territories, I witnessed a terrifying event. Plant growth erupting from the soil as if searching for enemies! I've never seen anything like it in all my travels, and it was deeply disturbing even to, no, especially to a nature dragon such as myself. I talked to all our clan members especially Lycopersicum since she knows everything there is to know about plants and she and everyone all say that it's just not like nature because plants seek life not death and even carnivorous plants and choker vines only want to sustain themselves and there's never been malice in their actions but acting as if everything around them must be destroyed is so unlike the plants I know and love I just don't know what to do and our clan- Oh, sorry, I'm rambling. I do that when I'm nervous. Anyway, we're all worried that perhaps Gladekeeper is trying to warn her children of some threat that we need protection from. Please keep us all updated on anything else that develops involving this unusually hostile plant life. And on behalf of my clan, I would like to extend our reassurances to dragonkind that the way of nature has always been to cultivate life and growth and harmony, and that despite the broken armistice, all friendly faces are always welcome in our clan. Sincerely, Sheila, Toby, and the clan that never got around to naming itself. [/left] [/quote] [font=Century Gothic][size=4] Dear Sheila and Toby, I am glad to receive this letter and I hope that you and your clan are well. We understand these are frightening times but I do appreciate and agree with the sentiment towards nature dragons. My father, that is the dragon who raised me, was a nature dragon and kinder or more resilient dragon you'll never meet. Please keep hope alive and have faith in the Eleven! [right][font=Century Gothic][size=4] -Always yours, Delivery Owl Hestia Jones [/right]
News Reporter:
Twisting Lights Owl Post Delivery Owl
Amaranthinos Chen
Water/Fire Corespondent
3/14/2018
"Hurricane Smashes Tsunami Flats! The Tidelord Goes Silent?"

Readers, today we must cover the devastation of a horrific storm that battered the shallow areas of Tsunami Flats early this morning. A supercell the exact size and shape of the ancient Twisting Crescendo slammed into the coast.

Its path of destruction not only affected the Flats but also hit coastal areas of the Driftwood Drag, the Sunbeam Ruins, and the Highland Scrub. We bring you the details:

Our Water correspondent, Amaranthinos Chen, was travelling to the Fishspine Reef when the hurricane struck and unfortunately was injured during her reporting duties. Miss Chen sent her reports into the office in by Zalis but has elected to stay at the scene to help with the rescue efforts. She has assured us that her injuries were minor and that she will make a full recovery.

From her reports, we know that countless young clans have been displaced but we do not have a death toll at this time. It is likely that the casualties from this catastrophe will continue to rise as the rescue guilds scour the beaches for survivors.

Miss Chen did come across the tragic story of one family who lost a hatchling to the storm. A Shallowseer, a male guardian named Aguar, and his young guardian son Kamak have desperately been searching for Kamak's missing sister, a pearlcatcher named Splash, who was lost during the storm. Kamak's father went to Shoredeep Presage to see if the Tidelord would divine the location of his missing daughter but to his shock, no new prophesies have surfaced since the hurricane reached the shores of the Sea of a Thousand Currents. We ask our readers, if there are any near the Flats, to be on the lookout for news of the child.

As things are, the Twisting Lights Post's will be sending out food packages and other materials to the readers whose addresses are near the Tsunami Flats area.

-As always, treasure family and never give up.

Letters to the Editor
The Twisting Lights Post received many letters recently and that's why we've added this new section to today's edition. Thank you for everyone who sent in letters!
ToxicToucan wrote on 2018-03-13 18:11:16:
dragon?age=0&body=121&bodygene=12&breed=3&element=2&gender=1&tert=59&tertgene=16&winggene=2&wings=161&auth=c12f0b4ca8cb34e35bf78e5ee55d65cd5b491f50&dummyext=prev.png
Dear Twisting Lights Post people,

My name is Rooge Rouge. I am a Plague dragon from a clan near the Scarred Wasteland. At least, that's what my mama has told me. Well, she's not my real mama, my real mama is still at home. She gave my egg to my mama (her name's Gyre) to keep me safe.

I guess there's a bunch of scary stuff going on right now. Something about lots of trees and stuff growing really fast where they shouldn't've been, and then an Armisstiss being broken? I don't know what an Armisstiss is, but can't they just glue it back together?

My mama says there's gonna be a lot of fighting near where my other mama lives, and that's why I'm here with her near the Gladekeeper lady. But I don't feel really safe here either. The other hatchlings say that I'm a spy or a trater traitor. I get beat up a lot at daycare...and then there's this scary hunter lady that keeps...looking at me the way I look at my food.

My mama keeps me safe when she isn't doing her job, but how do I keep myself safe from the other hatchlings...or that scary hunter lady? Can you help me?

Sinseerlee Sincerely,

Rouge
New Silver Glade Clan member

Dear Rouge,

Precious child... I do wish I could fix all the problems in the world for you now. Unfortunately, things that grown-ups break can't always be put back together. I am so sorry to hear of your hardships little one. The only advice I can give you is to tell an adult you trust what is happening and let them sort those bullies out for you. Perhaps your mother has friends who can watch out for you while she his away? Try to remember to have hope that a better day will come, little one. And remember that its okay to be yourself. I wish you the very best Rogue. Thank you for sending this letter to us. I have a attached a runestone to this scroll. It has always brought me luck but I think you need it more than I do.
Water Runestone

-Always yours, Delivery Owl Amaranthinos Chen
TheWhiteTigerGod wrote on 2018-03-13 19:38:29:

My name is Euphoria, a Plague dragon living within a clan that hails from the Tsunami Flats. I write to you, somewhat exhausted from mediating and keeping my fellow Plague dragons within the clan from harassing the members who hail from the Viridian Labyrinth, so do forgive me if my handwriting is a tad sluggish.

The news of what transpired between the Plague and Nature flights has effected many, even the small clan I call home. Though I do come originally from the Scarred Wastelands, I use my magic and knowledge in an unorthodox method, to heal, rather than infect. It's because of these therapeutic abilities that those from Plague and Nature decent had turned calm, enough to level with one another and eventually come to a peaceful end to their quabbles.

Neighboring clans have not been so lucky....

I hope that any Plague and Nature based members of your post, alongside the rest of your hardworking team, fair well in these troubled times. I also carry hope that the two flights can get passed their ancient rivalry and work with one another, like Liefa and Garote, and so many others within the different clans around Sorneith have done.

Sincerely and best wishes,

Euphoria
Tsunami Flats
Water territory

Thank you for sending us this letter Euphoria,

The Clan of the Twisting Lights has not had too many problems with infighting among our plague and nature dragons. However, that is mostly due to the age of the plague and nature dragons in our clan. Most of them are either respected clan elders or loyal clan warriors whom it would be disrespectful to cast suspicion on. There has been a few instances of prejudice among the younger dragons but we have a strong clan leader who dealt with the situations swiftly. As for the members of the Post's team? We trust each other implicitly. I myself, lived in the Scarred Wasteland for many years while Hestia was raised in the Labyrinth but we bare no ill will towards each other. I hope this delivery finds your clan well!

-Always yours, Delivery Owl Pitch Blackweaver
Spiderbee wrote on 2018-03-13 20:39:14:
Hello!

To whom it may concern I am Echo, an Imperial of the Seaglass Clan.

By the Tidelord, what a mess! My heart goes out to those Plague dragons affected by the First Seed, and to Garote and Liefa, those poor souls! I hope things do not get too hectic from here, I get stressed just thinking about what this sort of thing means for Sornieth. I am almost scared to ask my clan's oracles...

I dont personally know any Plague or Nature dragons; the only eyes around here are just like my own! If you have either of those Flights on your team, how are they handling it?

Despite our Flight's territory being in the middle of such conflict, we have yet to see any effects. At least, not here in the Reef. However, when the news reached me, I knew I had to write something.

I hope your team is doing well!
Sincerely,
Echo

Thanks for writing in Echo!

I hope that this delivery of the post finds your clan unharmed by the recent hurricane that devastated the coast. Our team does have dragons who hail from the Scarred Wasteland and the Viridian Labyrinth, though they were no originally born there, but to work in this profession you must trust in your colleagues at all times! Therefore the Post's team is doing fine in that aspect. The recent events that have been happening has made a lot of here at the office worried about all our wonderful readers!

Elisse wrote on 2018-03-13 20:54:09:

To whom it may concern at the Twisting Lights Post,

I regret that I make your acquaintance under these circumstances. My name is Shae. I come bearing concerns about my brave friend, Icarus. Icarus is a natural born Plague dragon, and he is very fond of his home. However, I fear the news from the Wastelands has put him in great distress.

I should elaborate on the dealings of my clan to give his distress some perspective. I hail from Nogglet Springs, a settlement in the Sunbeam Ruins. The settlement is mostly in the Ruins, but the westernmost fringe lies in the Hewn City. Icarus is the war elder of the clan, and also prepares the hordes of young dragons for exaltation. I am his underling, training by his side and assisting as our numbers grow.

Icarus is not the only one responsible for educating the youth, however. An Imperial named Eowyn is one of the scholars that personally trains the young hatchlings in knowledge pertaining to history, geography, anything not pertaining to combat strategy, beastclan history, and information equipping them toward violent ends.
That knowledge is Icarus' specialty.

When Icarus received news of the armistice ending, he pulled me aside and told me of his concerns. He believed the presence of Imperials in our clan could be dangerous. Icarus wanted to arrest Eowyn and the other Imperial living in the outpost and have them held in separate rooms in our, um, magical prison.

A few words are marked out.

It's hard to explain the nature of the Reverie. It's a place we put troublemakers or citizens the elders are concerned about and want to observe for a while. But it's also an inn for regular visitors. Two Skydancers trained in pacifying magics run the establishment. I haven't met them personally. Anyway, the clan elders know nothing of Icarus' actions!

I would speak with the elders, but they believe this armistice stuff is a brilliant opportunity for an attack from another clan. Tensions are high at Nogglet Springs. I want to protect the clan, but I fear punishment if I speak my mind. I want to remain on Icarus' good side, but I don't want to turn a blind eye to the injustice happening here. Eowyn is a good dragon. I'm not sure about the other imperial, but I want to believe he is peaceful as well.

I don't know what awaits us, but I can only hope that the deities have a sense of mercy.

Sincerely,
Shae
Clansguard of the Nogglet Springs Settlement

Shae, your letter was intriguing!

I find that the situation in your clan to be unwarranted. If the fear of imperials is solely because of the fear of possible emperor uprisings than I say these actions by this Icarus to be foolish. Imperials are large, powerful and very hard to kill. They can be a clan's greatest asset when it comes to defense. I would advise whoever is in charge of your clan to stop these ridiculous mutterings and end this discrimination. The most important things we can do at the moment is to remain calm and levelheaded. Stand against this injustice!

-Always yours, Delivery Owl Pern S. Roth
MerryClarinet wrote on 2018-03-14 08:15:29:
20801870.png20801871.png
Dear Twisting Lights post,

The other day, while flying near plague territories, I witnessed a terrifying event.
Plant growth erupting from the soil as if searching for enemies! I've never seen anything like it in all my travels, and it was deeply disturbing even to, no, especially to a nature dragon such as myself. I talked to all our clan members especially Lycopersicum since she knows everything there is to know about plants and she and everyone all say that it's just not like nature because plants seek life not death and even carnivorous plants and choker vines only want to sustain themselves and there's never been malice in their actions but acting as if everything around them must be destroyed is so unlike the plants I know and love I just don't know what to do and our clan- Oh, sorry, I'm rambling. I do that when I'm nervous. Anyway,
we're all worried that perhaps Gladekeeper is trying to warn her children of some threat that we need protection from. Please keep us all updated on anything else that develops involving this unusually hostile plant life. And on behalf of my clan,
I would like to extend our reassurances to dragonkind that the way of nature has always been to cultivate life and growth and harmony, and that despite the broken armistice, all friendly faces are always welcome in our clan.

Sincerely, Sheila, Toby, and the clan that never got around to naming itself.

Dear Sheila and Toby,

I am glad to receive this letter and I hope that you and your clan are well. We understand these are frightening times but I do appreciate and agree with the sentiment towards nature dragons. My father, that is the dragon who raised me, was a nature dragon and kinder or more resilient dragon you'll never meet. Please keep hope alive and have faith in the Eleven!

-Always yours, Delivery Owl Hestia Jones
XriSV9h.gif
1 2