Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Jailbreak!! (Event lore) (art!)
1 2 ... 14 15 16 17 18 ... 24 25
[quote name="Eclipsys" date="2018-03-06 08:29:58" ] [quote name="SheridanCharon" date="2018-03-06 08:15:12" ] Now this. This I like. I've always felt it was odd that Lightweaver effectively had two dragon species in her image, but none of the others did, though it was a good lore explanation for imperial scrolls. Maybe this is what the stories are for - to introduce the first children of the other gods? Might be why there is 10 rather than 11, because we already know about the ones for Light? I really hope they're all one-shots and not just one long story. [/quote] Wind has spirals and skydancers. [/quote] @Eclipsys Yes, but Imperials are directly referenced as being Light's first creations. I don't recall the encyclopedia entries of Skydancers and Spirals calling either the "first" breed created by Wind. Thus, if this is a theme all the books will follow, there's probably going to be a proto-Wind breed shown.
Eclipsys wrote on 2018-03-06 08:29:58:
SheridanCharon wrote on 2018-03-06 08:15:12:
Now this. This I like.

I've always felt it was odd that Lightweaver effectively had two dragon species in her image, but none of the others did, though it was a good lore explanation for imperial scrolls.

Maybe this is what the stories are for - to introduce the first children of the other gods? Might be why there is 10 rather than 11, because we already know about the ones for Light?

I really hope they're all one-shots and not just one long story.

Wind has spirals and skydancers.
@Eclipsys Yes, but Imperials are directly referenced as being Light's first creations. I don't recall the encyclopedia entries of Skydancers and Spirals calling either the "first" breed created by Wind. Thus, if this is a theme all the books will follow, there's probably going to be a proto-Wind breed shown.
1uCNaW7.pngTTTUSP9.pngueG66KW.pngxjP79Zx.pngO0Pbuvo.png
Okay but now very important question...

Which came first, the Spiral or the Skydancer?

2lhDoir.png..... .....WMCEgD8.pnguBQemcM.png
[quote name="Clya" date="2018-03-06 12:24:48" ] Okay but now very important question... Which came first, the Spiral or the Skydancer? [/quote] the chicken or the egg? cmon man
Clya wrote on 2018-03-06 12:24:48:

the chicken or the egg? cmon man
ice.gif
[quote name="Aequorin" date="2018-03-06 10:13:42" ] [quote name="TwilitBard" date="2018-03-06 09:40:48" ] I'm also super curious about lairs near the Fortress of the Ends now. How do the dragons not freeze to death? [/quote] On behalf of the team, I should point out something Tippa said: The blizzards encountered were not normal. [i]The cold reclaims.[/i] [/quote] *x files theme*
Aequorin wrote on 2018-03-06 10:13:42:
TwilitBard wrote on 2018-03-06 09:40:48:
I'm also super curious about lairs near the Fortress of the Ends now. How do the dragons not freeze to death?

On behalf of the team, I should point out something Tippa said: The blizzards encountered were not normal.

The cold reclaims.
*x files theme*
[quote name="Aequorin" date="2018-03-06 10:13:42" ] [quote name="TwilitBard" date="2018-03-06 09:40:48" ] I'm also super curious about lairs near the Fortress of the Ends now. How do the dragons not freeze to death? [/quote] On behalf of the team, I should point out something Tippa said: The blizzards encountered were not normal. [i]The cold reclaims.[/i] [/quote] Does this mean that they'll freeze to death *now* though?
Aequorin wrote on 2018-03-06 10:13:42:
TwilitBard wrote on 2018-03-06 09:40:48:
I'm also super curious about lairs near the Fortress of the Ends now. How do the dragons not freeze to death?

On behalf of the team, I should point out something Tippa said: The blizzards encountered were not normal.

The cold reclaims.
Does this mean that they'll freeze to death *now* though?
wq9PoXA.png
[quote name="Artorias" date="2018-03-06 12:11:46" ] I was expecting lore entries, but this is even better! It leaves room for enough speculation to make things fun and interesting for clan lore creation. Ooh, I can't wait to see what the next entry is! I really hope we get something for other Flights as well. Also, I'm picturing the Gaolers as looking similar to Vicar Amelia. That would be pretty sick. Might try my hand at a sketch some time. [img]https://4.bp.blogspot.com/-eRRrew0jMKQ/WLYGx_-G3NI/AAAAAAAAPwk/wzuQsge75gsL2rVdDQV3D0KId9tQW_vLACLcB/s1600/VicarAmelia.png[/img] [/quote] Looks like my Hunter dragons need to start grinding the coli for blood echoes, because that is actually an awesome way of looking at them...
Artorias wrote on 2018-03-06 12:11:46:
I was expecting lore entries, but this is even better! It leaves room for enough speculation to make things fun and interesting for clan lore creation. Ooh, I can't wait to see what the next entry is! I really hope we get something for other Flights as well.

Also, I'm picturing the Gaolers as looking similar to Vicar Amelia. That would be pretty sick. Might try my hand at a sketch some time.

VicarAmelia.png

Looks like my Hunter dragons need to start grinding the coli for blood echoes, because that is actually an awesome way of looking at them...
*Looks at lair* Ah yes. Organised chaos.
KASr4bY.png
@EarthTiger

Honestly, they may show proto-breeds for all flights, and if that's the case Wind likely has one too as you said (sorry if my comment from earlier seemed rude), but I personally don't think that's where they're going with this unless tomorrow also shows a proto-breed. I think each lore story is going to somehow focus on the expanding elemental powers, which leaves out Arcane. It makes sense imo for the Icewarden to keep some of his first children close to him as prison guards, while the other proto-breeds from different clans have long died out. Still, I do hope we eventually get to see them all, whether it's this week or not!
@EarthTiger

Honestly, they may show proto-breeds for all flights, and if that's the case Wind likely has one too as you said (sorry if my comment from earlier seemed rude), but I personally don't think that's where they're going with this unless tomorrow also shows a proto-breed. I think each lore story is going to somehow focus on the expanding elemental powers, which leaves out Arcane. It makes sense imo for the Icewarden to keep some of his first children close to him as prison guards, while the other proto-breeds from different clans have long died out. Still, I do hope we eventually get to see them all, whether it's this week or not!
SBUopnu.gifzDyJDCC.pngE1Pqjtn.gifSky_dancer.png
@Eclipsys Nah it didn't seem rude, I just thought I should point out neither of the Wind breeds are described as being "the first"

You have a point (about Icewarden wanting to keep his creations close), but now I've gotten myself all excited and want to see all the proto breeds XD
@Eclipsys Nah it didn't seem rude, I just thought I should point out neither of the Wind breeds are described as being "the first"

You have a point (about Icewarden wanting to keep his creations close), but now I've gotten myself all excited and want to see all the proto breeds XD
1uCNaW7.pngTTTUSP9.pngueG66KW.pngxjP79Zx.pngO0Pbuvo.png
If these stories are meant to introduce proto-breeds I'm calling it now, proto wildclaws will be gigantosaurus with wings, mirrors will be H.R. Gieger-esque eldritch horrors, ridgebacks will be goblin sharks with legs and spines and guardians will be leviathans of the deep.
If these stories are meant to introduce proto-breeds I'm calling it now, proto wildclaws will be gigantosaurus with wings, mirrors will be H.R. Gieger-esque eldritch horrors, ridgebacks will be goblin sharks with legs and spines and guardians will be leviathans of the deep.
natureshieldl.png NIJBYPt.png uRC0U7k.png NIJBYPt.png natureshieldr.png
pls give us official art of these guys I wanna see who's interpretation is the closest [img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/402479174813745154/420673324352274478/lorge.png[/img]
pls give us official art of these guys I wanna see who's interpretation is the closest

lorge.png
s0CjrtN.gif
◊ [ Deus ] ◊
[ Art | Accents ]
[ He/Him | FR +2 ]..
[ G1 Search ]
[ comms OPEN ]
yUJyALg.png649jXJG.pngsEBxtxA.png
h3hyeue.png
1 2 ... 14 15 16 17 18 ... 24 25