Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Lore Whining Days v2 [Thread Closed]
1 2 ... 208 209 210 211 212 ... 280 281
Woo! I'm a little busy today but I'm trying to get Eros, Rose and Havisham's bios done (they're in a love triangle)

I love the new buttons and front page!
Woo! I'm a little busy today but I'm trying to get Eros, Rose and Havisham's bios done (they're in a love triangle)

I love the new buttons and front page!
WlncKuN.gif __she / her | FR +8
__Wishlist!
__Sales + Giveaways!

__Currently working on: Bookwyrm subspecies!
currently really sick so things are.. hard but considering the bios i write aren't anything super fancy and deep, it should be alright. planning to get this girl's bio done today, since i have her girlfriend done already
currently really sick so things are.. hard but considering the bios i write aren't anything super fancy and deep, it should be alright. planning to get this girl's bio done today, since i have her girlfriend done already
tumblr_inline_nbe8duyTA81qg78ij.png
- bek
- they / ae; 25
- FRT +10
All right! It's been real busy this week and I've got some family stuff to do today, but if nothing else, I'll have some goals laid out for next LWD.

I think it's time for me to finally tackle the big-picture stuff for my clan. I'd like to redefine what exactly the clan is, and how close the relationships between the different individuals within it are.
  1. Treating it like a tight-knit bundle of families worked well enough when I had, like, 20 dragons, but lately I've been gazing with envy at users' lore where the lair represents a settlement or a city or a civilization. Something where the associations are a little more distant and the personal goals a little more varied. One where, yeah, maybe the fishmonger and the librarian aren't exactly on a first-name basis and only see each other once every few weeks.
  2. That said, I don't think my clan would work as a city. With the map update, I relocated my lair to Hellwell Undercroft, because it's cool and it gives me ideas, but it also definitely uproots the old foundation upon which I'd been imagining my lore. Is my clan nomadic? Do they still maintain a permanent lair elsewhere? Would they just send a small band of representatives to the Undercroft while the rest continue living as they had?
  3. In order to figure that out, I think I need to figure out what the main goals of my clan are. Now, obviously, they won't be universally shared by every dragon in the lair, but there've gotta be some guiding principles, or some sort of reputation, at least. I do have some vague ideas here but I still need to hammer them solid.
    • Whatever the answer, it'll probably be closely related to my progens' lore, so I'll also try to tackle that soon.
  4. I should...name my clan/lair/whatever, right? I feel like that would help, but also I don't know at all what it should be. Everything I can think of sounds goofy. :P
All right! It's been real busy this week and I've got some family stuff to do today, but if nothing else, I'll have some goals laid out for next LWD.

I think it's time for me to finally tackle the big-picture stuff for my clan. I'd like to redefine what exactly the clan is, and how close the relationships between the different individuals within it are.
  1. Treating it like a tight-knit bundle of families worked well enough when I had, like, 20 dragons, but lately I've been gazing with envy at users' lore where the lair represents a settlement or a city or a civilization. Something where the associations are a little more distant and the personal goals a little more varied. One where, yeah, maybe the fishmonger and the librarian aren't exactly on a first-name basis and only see each other once every few weeks.
  2. That said, I don't think my clan would work as a city. With the map update, I relocated my lair to Hellwell Undercroft, because it's cool and it gives me ideas, but it also definitely uproots the old foundation upon which I'd been imagining my lore. Is my clan nomadic? Do they still maintain a permanent lair elsewhere? Would they just send a small band of representatives to the Undercroft while the rest continue living as they had?
  3. In order to figure that out, I think I need to figure out what the main goals of my clan are. Now, obviously, they won't be universally shared by every dragon in the lair, but there've gotta be some guiding principles, or some sort of reputation, at least. I do have some vague ideas here but I still need to hammer them solid.
    • Whatever the answer, it'll probably be closely related to my progens' lore, so I'll also try to tackle that soon.
  4. I should...name my clan/lair/whatever, right? I feel like that would help, but also I don't know at all what it should be. Everything I can think of sounds goofy. :P
FSjGDWP.png
Current Avatar • Feel free to ping me!
Happy LWD! I'm planning to write for any of these: Pixie, Vault, Sunspot, Umea or Mori and most of them still need their bio layouts too.
Happy LWD! I'm planning to write for any of these: Pixie, Vault, Sunspot, Umea or Mori and most of them still need their bio layouts too.
redoing this soon
It's here, yay :D

So, I've decided to have rng choose which dragon I work on for each lore whining day or I'll spend more time trying to pick than writing.

Today's dragon is Crocus, master of spices. I know some things about him already, so I need to flesh it out and get it written down.
It's here, yay :D

So, I've decided to have rng choose which dragon I work on for each lore whining day or I'll spend more time trying to pick than writing.

Today's dragon is Crocus, master of spices. I know some things about him already, so I need to flesh it out and get it written down.
JWACnXB.gif UxreU62.png yMwAJm4.gif
Got Fane’s bio done, finally.

Think now I’m going to try and focus on either Bronte or Locke. I know vaguely what I want to write, but am just finding it really hard to actually flesh it out.

Good luck to everyone else working on their lore!

Got Fane’s bio done, finally.

Think now I’m going to try and focus on either Bronte or Locke. I know vaguely what I want to write, but am just finding it really hard to actually flesh it out.

Good luck to everyone else working on their lore!

aw yeah time to whine write! focusing on Bismuth and Stormchaser for now since they really should have lore at this point
aw yeah time to whine write! focusing on Bismuth and Stormchaser for now since they really should have lore at this point
AOFzhcD.png x >hurry
>she/her
>fr +3
>avatar
>about
x >lore
>origamis
>wishlist
>uma sales
>pings ok
I... should probably figure out the big picture of my main clan, Cirroaria, now that they’ve moved flights. Again. I really need to decide where exactly they live, whoops.

Other than that, maybe I can work on a couple bios for my Weifeng ta clan? Decide on personalities and stuff.
I... should probably figure out the big picture of my main clan, Cirroaria, now that they’ve moved flights. Again. I really need to decide where exactly they live, whoops.

Other than that, maybe I can work on a couple bios for my Weifeng ta clan? Decide on personalities and stuff.
_______
Pressed Moonflower

((They/Them)) ((Ve/Vir))
WINDTALE

Pressed Morning Glory
Okay, time to actually write down some lore for once. I will be finishing up Cosmo's bio, as while I got the coding and basic details down the dude needs an actual description in his bio. He's a huge player in my lore as well so I hope this time I can actually get something going. I will also make concrete ideas about how the COSMOS Shifting Observatory works (basically my clan's home) and it's growing sentience.
Okay, time to actually write down some lore for once. I will be finishing up Cosmo's bio, as while I got the coding and basic details down the dude needs an actual description in his bio. He's a huge player in my lore as well so I hope this time I can actually get something going. I will also make concrete ideas about how the COSMOS Shifting Observatory works (basically my clan's home) and it's growing sentience.
Happy LWD everyone! I’m currently working on finishing up setting up the rest of my dragons bio layouts, since I have not done all of them... oops. I also need to revamp all of the dragons in Dormir Bio layouts. (and also finally give poor Oshe his bio layout)
Happy LWD everyone! I’m currently working on finishing up setting up the rest of my dragons bio layouts, since I have not done all of them... oops. I also need to revamp all of the dragons in Dormir Bio layouts. (and also finally give poor Oshe his bio layout)
PAo2UkJ.png > Kneph/Worm

> He/They/It

> +3 FR
1 2 ... 208 209 210 211 212 ... 280 281