Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | "one to two moons"
1 2 3 4 5 6
[quote name="TCA" date=2016-05-24 13:18:55] Clearly there's one normal moon, and one moon that's like this. [img]https://41.media.tumblr.com/4a696e2cc6d91cafff03cdf46a24586c/tumblr_nddxnf199f1seu52uo1_500.jpg[/img] So depending on the phase of THIS moon, it looks like there are two moons, one and a half moons, or one moon and a bunch of space debris. [/quote] *chanting* RWBY moon, RWBY moon, RWBY moon-- all that aside though, maybe it's a topic of scientific debate?? there's another object in Sornieth's orbit, but no one can settle on whether or not it qualifies as a moon. some circles say it is, others say it isn't. [s]families pull apart at the seams, deeply embroiled in the debate. the Moon Wars begin, kickstarting the second mass extinction and ending the Fourth Age. the Beastclans take over and reform their societies.[/s]
TCA wrote on 2016-05-24:
Clearly there's one normal moon, and one moon that's like this.

tumblr_nddxnf199f1seu52uo1_500.jpg

So depending on the phase of THIS moon, it looks like there are two moons, one and a half moons, or one moon and a bunch of space debris.
*chanting* RWBY moon, RWBY moon, RWBY moon--

all that aside though, maybe it's a topic of scientific debate?? there's another object in Sornieth's orbit, but no one can settle on whether or not it qualifies as a moon. some circles say it is, others say it isn't. families pull apart at the seams, deeply embroiled in the debate. the Moon Wars begin, kickstarting the second mass extinction and ending the Fourth Age. the Beastclans take over and reform their societies.
they/them, FR Time +3
lightning_1.png Abandoned Your Post
You weren't that good of a security guard, anyway. You'll miss the donuts in the breakroom, though...
[quote name="cecilpalmer27" date=2016-05-24 13:48:05] [quote name="StarrySpelunker" date=2016-05-24 13:44:57] I like the shade one. I also dug around and found this: [img]http://flightrising.com/images/wiki/thirdage/image3.jpg[/img] there is apparently another inhabited world? I wonder what lives on it [/quote] Could it be? It looks a bit like... earth. Arcanist, don't bring your space destruction to us, please. [/quote] What if Sornieth is in our solar system. There's a gas giant there that looks like a somewhat artistic portrayal of Saturn, and a generic grey rock that could be an asteroid, a dwarf planet (it resembles the bluish constructions of Pluto from a while back), or Sornieth's own moon. The question is: Is Sornieth based on a real planet? -Mars could resemble Sornieth from one of its post-apocalyptic eras -Venus is often thrown around as another "once-habitable" planet, and is certainly chaotic enough to fit somewhere on Sornieth's timeline. However, it's certainly not "in creation," and I don't think Arcanist can see through those clouds. -One could perceive it as a yet-undiscovered habitable moon of a gas giant, but wouldn't a giant floating orb be mentioned in lore? Honestly, from an artistic perspective, if Sornieth were to exist in our solar system, the most likely candidate might be "Planet X" [s]or whatever its called right now[/s]. Most people have no idea what it's like, so it's easy to make up a fantasy world on it without sounding completely stupid. In fact, up until recently, everyone would assume it's just fantasy with no connections whatsoever to Earth, never finding the "true" location due to it being based on a conspiracy theory. [s]but hey that's just a theory... a game theory[/s] [s]Feel free to wreck me, professional science people. I did no research here whatsoever. xD[/s]
cecilpalmer27 wrote on 2016-05-24:
StarrySpelunker wrote on 2016-05-24:

I like the shade one.

I also dug around and found this:

image3.jpg

there is apparently another inhabited world?

I wonder what lives on it
Could it be? It looks a bit like... earth. Arcanist, don't bring your space destruction to us, please.
What if Sornieth is in our solar system.

There's a gas giant there that looks like a somewhat artistic portrayal of Saturn, and a generic grey rock that could be an asteroid, a dwarf planet (it resembles the bluish constructions of Pluto from a while back), or Sornieth's own moon.

The question is: Is Sornieth based on a real planet?
-Mars could resemble Sornieth from one of its post-apocalyptic eras
-Venus is often thrown around as another "once-habitable" planet, and is certainly chaotic enough to fit somewhere on Sornieth's timeline. However, it's certainly not "in creation," and I don't think Arcanist can see through those clouds.
-One could perceive it as a yet-undiscovered habitable moon of a gas giant, but wouldn't a giant floating orb be mentioned in lore?

Honestly, from an artistic perspective, if Sornieth were to exist in our solar system, the most likely candidate might be "Planet X" or whatever its called right now. Most people have no idea what it's like, so it's easy to make up a fantasy world on it without sounding completely stupid. In fact, up until recently, everyone would assume it's just fantasy with no connections whatsoever to Earth, never finding the "true" location due to it being based on a conspiracy theory.

but hey that's just a theory... a game theory

Feel free to wreck me, professional science people. I did no research here whatsoever. xD
wofr_by_epicdragon99-da5ra91.png
@blaireau Perfection.
@blaireau Perfection.
2e1vqdf.jpgb3JnDBj.gif
[quote name="EPICdragon99" date=2016-05-24 17:19:59] [quote name="cecilpalmer27" date=2016-05-24 13:48:05] [quote name="StarrySpelunker" date=2016-05-24 13:44:57] I like the shade one. I also dug around and found this: [img]http://flightrising.com/images/wiki/thirdage/image3.jpg[/img] there is apparently another inhabited world? I wonder what lives on it [/quote] Could it be? It looks a bit like... earth. Arcanist, don't bring your space destruction to us, please. [/quote] What if Sornieth is in our solar system. There's a gas giant there that looks like a somewhat artistic portrayal of Saturn, and a generic grey rock that could be an asteroid, a dwarf planet (it resembles the bluish constructions of Pluto from a while back), or Sornieth's own moon. The question is: Is Sornieth based on a real planet? -Mars could resemble Sornieth from one of its post-apocalyptic eras -Venus is often thrown around as another "once-habitable" planet, and is certainly chaotic enough to fit somewhere on Sornieth's timeline. However, it's certainly not "in creation," and I don't think Arcanist can see through those clouds. -One could perceive it as a yet-undiscovered habitable moon of a gas giant, but wouldn't a giant floating orb be mentioned in lore? Honestly, from an artistic perspective, if Sornieth were to exist in our solar system, the most likely candidate might be "Planet X" [s]or whatever its called right now[/s]. Most people have no idea what it's like, so it's easy to make up a fantasy world on it without sounding completely stupid. In fact, up until recently, everyone would assume it's just fantasy with no connections whatsoever to Earth, never finding the "true" location due to it being based on a conspiracy theory. [s]but hey that's just a theory... a game theory[/s] [s]Feel free to wreck me, professional science people. I did no research here whatsoever. xD[/s] [/quote] I like that idea actually
EPICdragon99 wrote on 2016-05-24:

I like the shade one.

image3.jpg

Could it be? It looks a bit like... earth. Arcanist, don't bring your space destruction to us, please.

There's a gas giant there that looks like a somewhat artistic portrayal of Saturn, and a generic grey rock that could be an asteroid, a dwarf planet (it resembles the bluish constructions of Pluto from a while back), or Sornieth's own moon.

-Venus is often thrown around as another "once-habitable" planet, and is certainly chaotic enough to fit somewhere on Sornieth's timeline. However, it's certainly not "in creation," and I don't think Arcanist can see through those clouds.
-One could perceive it as a yet-undiscovered habitable moon of a gas giant, but wouldn't a giant floating orb be mentioned in lore?

Honestly, from an artistic perspective, if Sornieth were to exist in our solar system, the most likely candidate might be "Planet X" or whatever its called right now. Most people have no idea what it's like, so it's easy to make up a fantasy world on it without sounding completely stupid. In fact, up until recently, everyone would assume it's just fantasy with no connections whatsoever to Earth, never finding the "true" location due to it being based on a conspiracy theory.

Feel free to wreck me, professional science people. I did no research here whatsoever. xD
I like that idea actually
untitled_by_starfruit_anon-dbeg952.png 0Hfrtrc.pngamika_by_starfruit_anon-dcegr7a.pngkeske_by_starfruit_anon-dcegr46.pngm34-02-book.pngSOH4.pngbPNtqmV.png
vJGwSlb.png
v2PJF9u.png
Tl1dGxE.png
d3OF3Gw.png
mlHpBMC.png

FObX7rS.png
6mVFIuV.png
783743517427367976.png
[quote name="EPICdragon99" date=2016-05-24 17:19:59] [quote name="cecilpalmer27" date=2016-05-24 13:48:05] [quote name="StarrySpelunker" date=2016-05-24 13:44:57] I like the shade one. I also dug around and found this: [img]http://flightrising.com/images/wiki/thirdage/image3.jpg[/img] there is apparently another inhabited world? I wonder what lives on it [/quote] Could it be? It looks a bit like... earth. Arcanist, don't bring your space destruction to us, please. [/quote] What if Sornieth is in our solar system. There's a gas giant there that looks like a somewhat artistic portrayal of Saturn, and a generic grey rock that could be an asteroid, a dwarf planet (it resembles the bluish constructions of Pluto from a while back), or Sornieth's own moon. The question is: Is Sornieth based on a real planet? -Mars could resemble Sornieth from one of its post-apocalyptic eras -Venus is often thrown around as another "once-habitable" planet, and is certainly chaotic enough to fit somewhere on Sornieth's timeline. However, it's certainly not "in creation," and I don't think Arcanist can see through those clouds. -One could perceive it as a yet-undiscovered habitable moon of a gas giant, but wouldn't a giant floating orb be mentioned in lore? Honestly, from an artistic perspective, if Sornieth were to exist in our solar system, the most likely candidate might be "Planet X" [s]or whatever its called right now[/s]. Most people have no idea what it's like, so it's easy to make up a fantasy world on it without sounding completely stupid. In fact, up until recently, everyone would assume it's just fantasy with no connections whatsoever to Earth, never finding the "true" location due to it being based on a conspiracy theory. [s]but hey that's just a theory... a game theory[/s] [s]Feel free to wreck me, professional science people. I did no research here whatsoever. xD[/s] [/quote] Sornieth is actually about 3x bigger than Earth! So it's not any of our Rocky Planets. 'Planet X' is actually a bunch of tiny Dwarf Planets, like Pluto. Off the top of my head there's Eris, Haumea, and Makemake after Pluto and I know there's a load more with and without names. The biggest asteroid in the asteroid belt, Ceres, is technically a Dwarf Planet too! If we had a 'superearth' planet out there you can bet we would have seen it already. I mean, we can see planets around other stars! ^^ The closest analogue to Sornieth sizewise is probably Gliese 1214b. It's a [i]little [/i]less than 3x the size but the only one I could find any information on in the right size area. It's actually the planet that's speculated to be a 'waterworld'. ^^ Certainly could be Tidelord's influence, heheh. Interestingly, Gliese 1214b orbits the star Gliese 1214, which is in the Ophiuchus constellation. A serpent. And what were old-timey dragons called, hmm? Haha, I just thought that was neat. None of this is relevant to the moons though.
EPICdragon99 wrote on 2016-05-24:

I like the shade one.

image3.jpg

Sornieth is actually about 3x bigger than Earth! So it's not any of our Rocky Planets.

'Planet X' is actually a bunch of tiny Dwarf Planets, like Pluto. Off the top of my head there's Eris, Haumea, and Makemake after Pluto and I know there's a load more with and without names. The biggest asteroid in the asteroid belt, Ceres, is technically a Dwarf Planet too! If we had a 'superearth' planet out there you can bet we would have seen it already. I mean, we can see planets around other stars! ^^

The closest analogue to Sornieth sizewise is probably Gliese 1214b. It's a little less than 3x the size but the only one I could find any information on in the right size area. It's actually the planet that's speculated to be a 'waterworld'. ^^ Certainly could be Tidelord's influence, heheh.
Interestingly, Gliese 1214b orbits the star Gliese 1214, which is in the Ophiuchus constellation. A serpent. And what were old-timey dragons called, hmm? Haha, I just thought that was neat.

None of this is relevant to the moons though.
we_rode_on_the_winds_of_the_rising_storm_by_c_yang-d68stu4.giftumblr_mobg0cyIZE1sula9po1_400.gifwe_rode_on_the_winds_of_the_rising_storm_by_c_yang-d68stu4.gif
wheeeeee
[quote name="TCA" date=2016-05-24 13:18:55] Clearly there's one normal moon, and one moon that's like this. [img]https://41.media.tumblr.com/4a696e2cc6d91cafff03cdf46a24586c/tumblr_nddxnf199f1seu52uo1_500.jpg[/img] So depending on the phase of THIS moon, it looks like there are two moons, one and a half moons, or one moon and a bunch of space debris. [/quote] Okay but??? I really like this idea, the moon could be devoured slowly by the Shade or something.
TCA wrote on 2016-05-24:
Clearly there's one normal moon, and one moon that's like this.

tumblr_nddxnf199f1seu52uo1_500.jpg

So depending on the phase of THIS moon, it looks like there are two moons, one and a half moons, or one moon and a bunch of space debris.
Okay but??? I really like this idea, the moon could be devoured slowly by the Shade or something.
LWDw43p.png
I love this thread. I'm always up to read space theories (even if about a fictional world).

But yeah I'd kinda think one would have a wonky orbit so it's either on the opposite side of the world from the other moon or just waaay out of most dragons' sight (except Arcanist's) most of the time. That or one orbits the other like someone else said so no one can really agree whether it's the moon's moon or just another moon as a whole. Or what @Kismet said and it's debated on whether the second moon can actually be called a moon or it's just a hunk of space debris.

But of course the more interesting options of a shade-moon or disintegrating moon are also very nice. Both of these theories are honestly really cool though I'm not entirely sure how they'd be explained other than ~~*+magic+*~~ . (Then again this is a planet full of dragons and magic creatures we're talking about so... Some of the arcane energy from them and Spacedad's various bad decisions has probably taken hold of the area around the planet and effected objects in the vicinity.)

I love this thread. I'm always up to read space theories (even if about a fictional world).

But yeah I'd kinda think one would have a wonky orbit so it's either on the opposite side of the world from the other moon or just waaay out of most dragons' sight (except Arcanist's) most of the time. That or one orbits the other like someone else said so no one can really agree whether it's the moon's moon or just another moon as a whole. Or what @Kismet said and it's debated on whether the second moon can actually be called a moon or it's just a hunk of space debris.

But of course the more interesting options of a shade-moon or disintegrating moon are also very nice. Both of these theories are honestly really cool though I'm not entirely sure how they'd be explained other than ~~*+magic+*~~ . (Then again this is a planet full of dragons and magic creatures we're talking about so... Some of the arcane energy from them and Spacedad's various bad decisions has probably taken hold of the area around the planet and effected objects in the vicinity.)

.::The wisps will lead you home, young wanderer, and the stars will light your way::.aa_zps7097360a.png
Lore :: DragonCave :: Art :: Wishlist :: Tumblr
Its also possible that there were 2 normal moons, but during a totally normal experiment that was definitely safe you guys in the Observatory something ... happened.

Now the real debate is does that moon only sometimes exist? Is it a fake moon and a coverup from a massive mistake understandable accident? The Arcanist will never admit to anything.
Its also possible that there were 2 normal moons, but during a totally normal experiment that was definitely safe you guys in the Observatory something ... happened.

Now the real debate is does that moon only sometimes exist? Is it a fake moon and a coverup from a massive mistake understandable accident? The Arcanist will never admit to anything.
Wiki-wordmark.png
[quote name="Wisphaven" date=2016-05-24 20:49:53] But of course the more interesting options of a shade-moon or disintegrating moon are also very nice. Both of these theories are honestly really cool though I'm not entirely sure how they'd be explained other than ~~*+magic+*~~ . (Then again this is a planet full of dragons and magic creatures we're talking about so... Some of the arcane energy from them and Spacedad's various bad decisions has probably taken hold of the area around the planet and effected objects in the vicinity.) [/quote] Maybe it's halfway between a ring and a moon. Like, during some part of the orbit it's a bunch of debris, then at some point all the debris gets slowed down and runs into each other and gets sucked into a cohesive shape. Then later in the orbit some centrifugal force, either from orbit or rotation, slowly pulls the mass apart again and it becomes a bunch of little bits of debris.
Wisphaven wrote on 2016-05-24:
Maybe it's halfway between a ring and a moon. Like, during some part of the orbit it's a bunch of debris, then at some point all the debris gets slowed down and runs into each other and gets sucked into a cohesive shape. Then later in the orbit some centrifugal force, either from orbit or rotation, slowly pulls the mass apart again and it becomes a bunch of little bits of debris.
___ [IMG][/IMG]
___ sig_button_by_soenkan-dcab06q.png ___
[IMG][/IMG]
WAIT SORNIETH IS A PLANET? I thought it was a region....
WAIT SORNIETH IS A PLANET? I thought it was a region....
BFEMrcM.png
1 2 3 4 5 6