Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | "one to two moons"
1 2 3 4 5 6
[quote name="violalore" date=2017-08-22 13:03:51] [quote name="catgame21234" date=2017-08-22 11:34:58] Your missing the most important part fact Quote: Only the Arcanist and his most trusted astronomers know for sure how many celestial objects orbit Sornieth, arcanist hoards this info [/quote] okay first of all, this thread has been frickin resurrected second of all, i have made this point before and i'll make it again [img]https://iansmithblog.files.wordpress.com/2015/01/death-star-i-copy_36ad2500.jpeg[/img] [b]that's no moon[/b] [/quote] I'm a huge fan of the three "knowledge" flights: [b][color=D7B90A]Lightfriends[/color][/b], Lightning, and Arcane. I like to think that this "that's no moon" thing is definitely in the right direction. Arcane is built up of dreamers, the curious minds that seek. The introduction of unusual and new ideas is the foundation of positive change in the world, without new ideas we would stagnate. I have no doubts that [b][color=D7B90A]Lightfriends[/color][/b], being the philosophers they are, have come to this effective conclusion. But what makes this great in my mind is there might be those from any of the "knowledge" flights who are a little too extreme in this regard. Just like humans, those hell bent on changing the world, even for the most noble reasons, are capable of horrifying or catastrophic actions. Somewhere, deep within Arcane flight, I envision a group performing magical rituals and experiments messing with the way the planet works. I know for sure there's been a lot of excellent discussions about Sorneith as a planetary body, but it's commonly accepted that there's some discrepancies based on magical interference. There's gotta be a way magically to change the effects of force. We may not know the satellites that Arcane has discovered. We may only hope they don't have a reason to bring them back down to the surface. Honestly, it makes the [i]Starfall[/i] Celebration just that much more terrifying. You're cool, Arcanefriends, but you're also capable and, by extension, frightening.
violalore wrote on 2017-08-22:
catgame21234 wrote on 2017-08-22:
Your missing the most important part
fact

Quote:
Only the Arcanist and his most trusted astronomers know for sure how many celestial objects orbit Sornieth,

arcanist hoards this info

okay first of all, this thread has been frickin resurrected

second of all, i have made this point before and i'll make it again

death-star-i-copy_36ad2500.jpeg

that's no moon
I'm a huge fan of the three "knowledge" flights: Lightfriends, Lightning, and Arcane.

I like to think that this "that's no moon" thing is definitely in the right direction.

Arcane is built up of dreamers, the curious minds that seek. The introduction of unusual and new ideas is the foundation of positive change in the world, without new ideas we would stagnate. I have no doubts that Lightfriends, being the philosophers they are, have come to this effective conclusion.

But what makes this great in my mind is there might be those from any of the "knowledge" flights who are a little too extreme in this regard. Just like humans, those hell bent on changing the world, even for the most noble reasons, are capable of horrifying or catastrophic actions.

Somewhere, deep within Arcane flight, I envision a group performing magical rituals and experiments messing with the way the planet works. I know for sure there's been a lot of excellent discussions about Sorneith as a planetary body, but it's commonly accepted that there's some discrepancies based on magical interference. There's gotta be a way magically to change the effects of force.

We may not know the satellites that Arcane has discovered.
We may only hope they don't have a reason to bring them back down to the surface.

Honestly, it makes the Starfall Celebration just that much more terrifying.

You're cool, Arcanefriends, but you're also capable and, by extension, frightening.
I feel like arcanist doesn't 'hoard' the info, he just... forgets to tell people about it. He's got a billion stars to discover, Sornieth's plain old moons are old news!
I feel like arcanist doesn't 'hoard' the info, he just... forgets to tell people about it. He's got a billion stars to discover, Sornieth's plain old moons are old news!
8XINyeM.png-Homa3Wo.png-sCV73Cw.png
What if the Arcanist and his astronomers simply can't agree on what defines a moon? Our scientists can't even agree if Pluto is a planet! Maybe the debate over one one or two moons depends on who your asking and by what definition they use.
What if the Arcanist and his astronomers simply can't agree on what defines a moon? Our scientists can't even agree if Pluto is a planet! Maybe the debate over one one or two moons depends on who your asking and by what definition they use.
1 2 3 4 5 6