Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | "one to two moons"
1 2 3 4 5 6
The second moon has been taken hostage by the Shade, and is shrouded in its darkness- so most common dragon-folk don't know it exists. Only studious astronomers typically track its path through space, and even few of these know that it is a moon- most are simply curious about this odd shadow, known only by the absence of the star's light wherever it happens to be in the night sky. #DragonsInSpace #TakeBackTheMoon #ThrowinShade #ArcanistDontDoIt [img]https://imgs.xkcd.com/comics/fish.png[/img]
The second moon has been taken hostage by the Shade, and is shrouded in its darkness- so most common dragon-folk don't know it exists.
Only studious astronomers typically track its path through space, and even few of these know that it is a moon- most are simply curious about this odd shadow, known only by the absence of the star's light wherever it happens to be in the night sky.

#DragonsInSpace #TakeBackTheMoon #ThrowinShade #ArcanistDontDoIt

fish.png
tumblr_inline_n6kdukB9pN1qlye38.gif
Glory to the Gladekeeper
maybe we've got 1.5 moons
or 1.7
maybe we've got 1.5 moons
or 1.7
ALL I WANT IS FOR ALL OF MY FRIENDS TO BECOME INSANELY POWERFUL
Clearly there's one normal moon, and one moon that's like this. [img]https://41.media.tumblr.com/4a696e2cc6d91cafff03cdf46a24586c/tumblr_nddxnf199f1seu52uo1_500.jpg[/img] So depending on the phase of THIS moon, it looks like there are two moons, one and a half moons, or one moon and a bunch of space debris.
Clearly there's one normal moon, and one moon that's like this.

tumblr_nddxnf199f1seu52uo1_500.jpg

So depending on the phase of THIS moon, it looks like there are two moons, one and a half moons, or one moon and a bunch of space debris.
ShpX9LV.png
Maybe the moons are like Masser and Secunda and one's actually orbiting the other while it orbits Sornieth. Because then nobody would be able to agree on whether the moon orbiting the moon is Sornieth's moon or the moon's moon
Maybe the moons are like Masser and Secunda and one's actually orbiting the other while it orbits Sornieth. Because then nobody would be able to agree on whether the moon orbiting the moon is Sornieth's moon or the moon's moon
cbaa17a5a06daa6a78029fcf8763b4844dd0e1a6.png .
...he/him | FR+8
@Fire lairs - please let me know
if you hatch a mint/ruby/hunter
dragon! I have a mighty need.
....OjYCOIV.png
@StarrySpelunker Maybe its like the black moon Nuitari in Dragonlance. The black moon Nuitari belongs to the evil magic god Nuitari. This moon can only be seen by the Black Robes mages of the Order of High Sorcery and the followers of the god Nuitari. To these followers the moon's radiance is brighter than the other two moons. This moon too influences mages of the Black order like its cousin moons. So you can only see it of you are follower. Or the Arcanist. [quote name="Bark" date=2016-05-24 13:02:24] The second moon has been taken hostage by the Shade, and is shrouded in its darkness- so most common dragon-folk don't know it exists. Only studious astronomers typically track its path through space, and even few of these know that it is a moon- most are simply curious about this odd shadow, known only by the absence of the star's light wherever it happens to be in the night sky. [/quote] Or this. A seething ball of Nothingness getting ready to once more strike down upon the world and devour its life force.
@StarrySpelunker

Maybe its like the black moon Nuitari in Dragonlance.

The black moon Nuitari belongs to the evil magic god Nuitari. This moon can only be seen by the Black Robes mages of the Order of High Sorcery and the followers of the god Nuitari. To these followers the moon's radiance is brighter than the other two moons. This moon too influences mages of the Black order like its cousin moons.

So you can only see it of you are follower. Or the Arcanist.
Bark wrote on 2016-05-24:
The second moon has been taken hostage by the Shade, and is shrouded in its darkness- so most common dragon-folk don't know it exists.
Only studious astronomers typically track its path through space, and even few of these know that it is a moon- most are simply curious about this odd shadow, known only by the absence of the star's light wherever it happens to be in the night sky.

Or this.
A seething ball of Nothingness getting ready to once more strike down upon the world and devour its life force.
XTgWYyz.pnggPpaGUw.png
@Deathtoll I like the shade one. I also dug around and found this: [img]http://flightrising.com/images/wiki/thirdage/image3.jpg[/img] there is apparently another inhabited world? I wonder what lives on it

@Deathtoll

I like the shade one.

I also dug around and found this:

image3.jpg

there is apparently another inhabited world?

I wonder what lives on it
PdgyR10.png
[quote name="StarrySpelunker" date=2016-05-24 13:44:57] I like the shade one. I also dug around and found this: [img]http://flightrising.com/images/wiki/thirdage/image3.jpg[/img] there is apparently another inhabited world? I wonder what lives on it [/quote] Could it be? It looks a bit like... earth. Arcanist, don't bring your space destruction to us, please.
StarrySpelunker wrote on 2016-05-24:

I like the shade one.

I also dug around and found this:

image3.jpg

there is apparently another inhabited world?

I wonder what lives on it
Could it be? It looks a bit like... earth. Arcanist, don't bring your space destruction to us, please.
they/them
[quote name="Tarinankertoja" date=2016-05-24 12:15:05] Maybe they are at different sides of the planet so it's not often, if ever, they are seen in the sky at the same time? [/quote] OK, I'm using this explanation. Lunar eclipses are important to the lore of one of my dragons, and I haven't figured out how a total lunar eclipse of two moons is possible. Or, the second isn't actually a moon. Maybe it's a roughly moon-like object in an orbit that isn't always visible. [img]http://vignette1.wikia.nocookie.net/divine-rpg/images/7/72/TheEnd.png[/img] Since I have a relevant fandragon, this is the headcanon I use, but it is kind of cross-universe so maybe not the right theory for many other people.
Tarinankertoja wrote on 2016-05-24:
Maybe they are at different sides of the planet so it's not often, if ever, they are seen in the sky at the same time?
OK, I'm using this explanation. Lunar eclipses are important to the lore of one of my dragons, and I haven't figured out how a total lunar eclipse of two moons is possible.

Or, the second isn't actually a moon. Maybe it's a roughly moon-like object in an orbit that isn't always visible.
TheEnd.png
Since I have a relevant fandragon, this is the headcanon I use, but it is kind of cross-universe so maybe not the right theory for many other people.
___ [IMG][/IMG]
___ sig_button_by_soenkan-dcab06q.png ___
[IMG][/IMG]
[img]http://www.thewebsiteofdoom.com/new/wp-content/uploads/2014/10/tumblr_inline_ncz0ociN0y1rwk9by.gif[/img] *ahem* Should we expect some new Arcane breed? [s]Thanks, Arcanist.[/s]
tumblr_inline_ncz0ociN0y1rwk9by.gif

*ahem*

Should we expect some new Arcane breed?

Thanks, Arcanist.
frsig1_by_ragoni-dal06o7.pngfrsig2_by_ragoni-dal06op.pngfrsig3_by_ragoni-dal06pf.pngfrsig4_by_ragoni-dal06py.pngfrsig5_by_ragoni-dal06ql.png
Quantum moon. Observation determines whether or not it exists.

Or one moon changes sizes, so sometimes it's modestly-sized and other times it's tiny (or bigger).

Or one moon could have a highly eccentric orbit so it's only there part of the time.
Quantum moon. Observation determines whether or not it exists.

Or one moon changes sizes, so sometimes it's modestly-sized and other times it's tiny (or bigger).

Or one moon could have a highly eccentric orbit so it's only there part of the time.
tumblr_inline_ojsvh3EcyM1r076v1_75sq.png Aliit. Buirkan. Tor.
1 2 3 4 5 6