Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Weekly Q&A [Closed]
1 2 ... 611 612 613 614 615 ... 753 754
have the mods met each other in real life like have ya'll ever met each other
have the mods met each other in real life like have ya'll ever met each other
I have synesthesia 6kglit91v0.gif
Lore-wise (because I know it would be a pain to draw), can dragons inherit the traits of their parents if one of their parents is a different breed?

Like, say a Coatl and a Ridgeback get together, would their hypothetical Coatl child have sharper features because of their Ridgebadck parent? A disdain for water? And a habit of digging? And would the Ridgeback child have rounder features, maybe even feathers? Would the Ridgeback child be mellower, friendlier, but with a terrifying temper? But both children still looking like their species? Is that possible, lore-wise?
Lore-wise (because I know it would be a pain to draw), can dragons inherit the traits of their parents if one of their parents is a different breed?

Like, say a Coatl and a Ridgeback get together, would their hypothetical Coatl child have sharper features because of their Ridgebadck parent? A disdain for water? And a habit of digging? And would the Ridgeback child have rounder features, maybe even feathers? Would the Ridgeback child be mellower, friendlier, but with a terrifying temper? But both children still looking like their species? Is that possible, lore-wise?
Tztaw1U.png
How do the 'Feathered Wing' apparel items work? There are no strings or any other means of attaching them to the dragon's actual wing depicted, and the way they blend in near the shoulders makes it appear as though the wing is actually growing out of their body. Is this implying that the dragon has four wings, feathered wings instead of their normal wings, are they wearing feathers on their normal wings, or is there some other explanation?
How do the 'Feathered Wing' apparel items work? There are no strings or any other means of attaching them to the dragon's actual wing depicted, and the way they blend in near the shoulders makes it appear as though the wing is actually growing out of their body. Is this implying that the dragon has four wings, feathered wings instead of their normal wings, are they wearing feathers on their normal wings, or is there some other explanation?
LORE

Who creates Breed Scrolls, the gods themselves, or their most powerful exalt servants? If the gods themselves do it, how do they keep replenishing themselves to keep producing the scrolls. Or did the LIghtweaver do something really,really wrong when she made Imperial scrolls?

Though they were created by the Tidelord, guardian dragons aren’t that magically inclined per canon, and don’t seem to share much in common with the Tidelord really. Were they [guardians] originally meant to be the Earthshaker’s first breed?

How does the Charge work? How does a guardian dragon know when they’ve found their Charge? Do guardians have prophetic dreams about their charge before they find it?

Do Guardian dragons ever decide to be exalted if they have a living Charge? Do guardians choose exaltation after a living Charge dies because they can’t take another Charge? What of those guardians with the Charge of an inanimate object (My favorite is the lore another player has of a guardian with a coffee mug as a charge).

The Earthshaker, Windsinger and Flamecaller have to use another god's breed to create their Flight’s breeds. Do the other gods get angry about this and resent their creations being stolen to make dragons for a competing god?

Do the other First Three do it because only the Tidelord foresaw or understood the fights to come and decided to get an early start on breed creation? OR Why did the other three original gods wait so long to get into breed creation?

What happens when Imperials are about to die “naturally”? Lore says they have unpredictable lifespans, but are there any indicators for an imp who’s getting ready to burn out? Do they stop growing their antlers in after they shed, do their muttonchops and manes turn white, do they get listless and stop eating? Or do they literally just burn out without warning and fail to wake up one day?

In the case of burned out imperials, since there’s no god-spark left in them, as opposed to imperials killed in battle, Could they still form emperors?

Where are assigned battlestones kept on a dragon?

If a group of centaurs were to defeat a Guardian dragon. If some Harpies took down some Skydancers? if a Serthis vanquished a Coatl? What would their loot be?

Is a “day” to us comparable to a “year” in FR? Like, dragon eggs take 5 years to hatch, all dragons take 5 years afterwards go from hatchling to dragon, plentiful take 15 years to reach maturity, rares take 35 years. So when we play for an hour in the coli, that really means that our party was actually wandering through the mire for several days-weeks running across various enemy parties, it’s not just some constant zerg rush.

PLAY

What are the general computer specs the dev team intends FR to be run on? Or, alternatively, what sort of computer set up would run FR as smoothly as the dev team envisions the game to play? Mac or PC… or Linux?

Are keyboard controls going to be part of the coliseum update coming up in the future? Or something the staff has thought about adding on as part of the update? Might the fairgrounds get a similar set of keyboard controls?

Are all of the items going to have a dual function eventually? By this I mean, is everything going to be a component of a Baldwin recipe ingredient, Swipp or other future trading type thing? Or are most of the items we have and are going to get just for site flavor, collecting x99 challenges and hoardselling?

GENERAL

So, I ran across this page: http://flightrising.com/ks_designer.html and it looks as though quite a few of the design packs are still undone. It may just be lack of updates, but are those items and monsters actually still in progress or have they been abandoned?
Have you or the devs heard of Backerkit? It allows late backers to donate. I know if I hadn’t been 3 days late to your Kickstarter I’d have tossed a lot of cash at you. It might be fun to have another mini crowdfunding campaign to buy a another new server or help you hire more artists to deal with the apparel backlog.
LORE

Who creates Breed Scrolls, the gods themselves, or their most powerful exalt servants? If the gods themselves do it, how do they keep replenishing themselves to keep producing the scrolls. Or did the LIghtweaver do something really,really wrong when she made Imperial scrolls?

Though they were created by the Tidelord, guardian dragons aren’t that magically inclined per canon, and don’t seem to share much in common with the Tidelord really. Were they [guardians] originally meant to be the Earthshaker’s first breed?

How does the Charge work? How does a guardian dragon know when they’ve found their Charge? Do guardians have prophetic dreams about their charge before they find it?

Do Guardian dragons ever decide to be exalted if they have a living Charge? Do guardians choose exaltation after a living Charge dies because they can’t take another Charge? What of those guardians with the Charge of an inanimate object (My favorite is the lore another player has of a guardian with a coffee mug as a charge).

The Earthshaker, Windsinger and Flamecaller have to use another god's breed to create their Flight’s breeds. Do the other gods get angry about this and resent their creations being stolen to make dragons for a competing god?

Do the other First Three do it because only the Tidelord foresaw or understood the fights to come and decided to get an early start on breed creation? OR Why did the other three original gods wait so long to get into breed creation?

What happens when Imperials are about to die “naturally”? Lore says they have unpredictable lifespans, but are there any indicators for an imp who’s getting ready to burn out? Do they stop growing their antlers in after they shed, do their muttonchops and manes turn white, do they get listless and stop eating? Or do they literally just burn out without warning and fail to wake up one day?

In the case of burned out imperials, since there’s no god-spark left in them, as opposed to imperials killed in battle, Could they still form emperors?

Where are assigned battlestones kept on a dragon?

If a group of centaurs were to defeat a Guardian dragon. If some Harpies took down some Skydancers? if a Serthis vanquished a Coatl? What would their loot be?

Is a “day” to us comparable to a “year” in FR? Like, dragon eggs take 5 years to hatch, all dragons take 5 years afterwards go from hatchling to dragon, plentiful take 15 years to reach maturity, rares take 35 years. So when we play for an hour in the coli, that really means that our party was actually wandering through the mire for several days-weeks running across various enemy parties, it’s not just some constant zerg rush.

PLAY

What are the general computer specs the dev team intends FR to be run on? Or, alternatively, what sort of computer set up would run FR as smoothly as the dev team envisions the game to play? Mac or PC… or Linux?

Are keyboard controls going to be part of the coliseum update coming up in the future? Or something the staff has thought about adding on as part of the update? Might the fairgrounds get a similar set of keyboard controls?

Are all of the items going to have a dual function eventually? By this I mean, is everything going to be a component of a Baldwin recipe ingredient, Swipp or other future trading type thing? Or are most of the items we have and are going to get just for site flavor, collecting x99 challenges and hoardselling?

GENERAL

So, I ran across this page: http://flightrising.com/ks_designer.html and it looks as though quite a few of the design packs are still undone. It may just be lack of updates, but are those items and monsters actually still in progress or have they been abandoned?
Have you or the devs heard of Backerkit? It allows late backers to donate. I know if I hadn’t been 3 days late to your Kickstarter I’d have tossed a lot of cash at you. It might be fun to have another mini crowdfunding campaign to buy a another new server or help you hire more artists to deal with the apparel backlog.
Long Patrol and Hibden
for forum games, please.
QF3R6o0.png mFu1NtF.png
[/center]
Can bogsneaks fly? This is a very important question that needs answered!
Can bogsneaks fly? This is a very important question that needs answered!
2YPv3wq.png
So this is a thought that I just had when it came with the cauldron made me think about the pearlcatchers as a breed of dragons what actually happens with the pearl when a Pearlcatcher changes breed? Do they still have an attachment to their pearl or not?
So this is a thought that I just had when it came with the cauldron made me think about the pearlcatchers as a breed of dragons what actually happens with the pearl when a Pearlcatcher changes breed? Do they still have an attachment to their pearl or not?
EOrlrwo.giftumblr_inline_nbaduf8oZw1qg78ij.png
Can a dragon 'become more arcane' by being exposed over long periods of time to arcane elements, or does it just make them sick?
Can a dragon 'become more arcane' by being exposed over long periods of time to arcane elements, or does it just make them sick?
AXFBrIx.png
I know the game mechanic has all the breeds grow to adulthood at the same rate; is this true in lore as well? Or would a small dragon reach adulthood earlier than a large one? If they don't all grow at the same rate, what is the order in which they reach adulthood?

Thanks!
I know the game mechanic has all the breeds grow to adulthood at the same rate; is this true in lore as well? Or would a small dragon reach adulthood earlier than a large one? If they don't all grow at the same rate, what is the order in which they reach adulthood?

Thanks!
177499lightofknowledge2.png
Would it be possible to ever get the page #'s/arrows at the bottom of the lairs as well as the top? It would sure make bonding a whole lot easier not to have to scroll up every single time (I open all 20 at a time in new tabs, but it requires me to scroll up again, to go to the next page, rather than being able to logically progress from the bottom)
Would it be possible to ever get the page #'s/arrows at the bottom of the lairs as well as the top? It would sure make bonding a whole lot easier not to have to scroll up every single time (I open all 20 at a time in new tabs, but it requires me to scroll up again, to go to the next page, rather than being able to logically progress from the bottom)
Xz3vahh.png
does baldwin miss her pearl?
does baldwin miss her pearl?
C9tplWp.png
[img][/img]C9tplWp.pnghttp://i.imgur.com/sL0w8Qq.png
Q5azfaV.jpg 9jfPi6A.png
http://frecolors.tumblr.com/archive
1 2 ... 611 612 613 614 615 ... 753 754