Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Weekly Q&A [Closed]
1 2 ... 430 431 432 433 434 ... 753 754
Is Stormcatcher a girl, since he has the same facial structure as a female Ridgeback?
Is Stormcatcher a girl, since he has the same facial structure as a female Ridgeback?
Mg9qSuP.gif
A lot of items on the site have runes on them that look fairly cohesive with each other, and the Archivists Spellscroll even has different runes depending on what breed is wearing it! Do these mean anything? Could they be decoded? Or is it gibberish using a common "font"? [item=archivists spellscroll]
A lot of items on the site have runes on them that look fairly cohesive with each other, and the Archivists Spellscroll even has different runes depending on what breed is wearing it! Do these mean anything? Could they be decoded? Or is it gibberish using a common "font"?

Are there going to be any more dragon breeds or flights?
Are there going to be any more dragon breeds or flights?
i-48571.gif

Gale, they/them
FR +3

FAQ
I am puzzled by how dragons hold and manipulate objects. Do they use magic, or do they have opposable thumbs? If the latter, do all breeds have opposable thumbs, or just select ones?
I am puzzled by how dragons hold and manipulate objects. Do they use magic, or do they have opposable thumbs? If the latter, do all breeds have opposable thumbs, or just select ones?
For dragons that have eternal youth done to them. Can they still be able to breed, or no? Also if a dragon has already been an adult could they be changed back as a hatchling if given the eternal youth scroll?
For dragons that have eternal youth done to them. Can they still be able to breed, or no? Also if a dragon has already been an adult could they be changed back as a hatchling if given the eternal youth scroll?
Were Guardians always meant to be a Water native species? Their image in the encyclopedia makes me wonder otherwise
Were Guardians always meant to be a Water native species? Their image in the encyclopedia makes me wonder otherwise
rossignol.gif

As we know the Sprites from the 2013 - 2014 Festival Season are retired, but does that mean the line art that created them is also retired or could it be possible to make mimics of the originals like was done with the bears?

As we know the Sprites from the 2013 - 2014 Festival Season are retired, but does that mean the line art that created them is also retired or could it be possible to make mimics of the originals like was done with the bears?
[b]Please note: We do not answer questions requesting ETAs or suggestions.[/b] [quote]I doubt this would happen, but if a breed goes 'exticnt' for some reason. Like, all of them are exalted or are in lairs that have been banned or have left, what would the admins do? Mainly this is focused towards imperials, since they don't have breed changes, but I'm curious as to what the answer would be if a breed did go 'extinct.'[/quote] Many of the gods would actually be relieved the source of emperor dragons is no longer an issue. As staff: This will never happen, as we have some imperials in our own accounts and have no plans for an extinction event. [br][br][quote]Is it correct to assume that when the color wheel expansion is released, that unhatched eggs will be able to hatch dragons with the new colors? Maybe this was confirmed somewhere but I can't recall it being directly stated anywhere. [/quote] Yes. Hatchling genes and colors are determined when the nest hatches, not when it is laid. [br][br][quote]How much does the flight magic influence the personality of a dragon? Like, is it plausible for a water dragon to be happy go lucky, and go on adventures (more like a wind flight dragon) or a non-water dragon oracles?[/quote] It typically have a major effect on their abilities, and a minor effect on a dragon's personality. But personality is made up of many facets, from species, to element, to clan, to it's region and culture. Dragons of any element that live in the Ashfall Waste, for instance, are likely to be influenced by the hard-working industrial nature of the area. Where as even a plague dragon living in the Windswept Plateau is going to be a lot more laid back. [br][br][quote]What is the airspeed velocity of an unladen Fae?[/quote] What do you mean? Nature or Arcane? [br][br][quote]Are based on the Lithops plant? Really just a random question, but I was looking at my textbook, then suddenly realised the picture reminded me of the 'butt rocks' XD (Though they referred to them only as 'plants that look like a stone' :P)[/quote] Yes, they are based on Lithops! [br][br][quote]Is it difficult to make the new colors have genes? (Like Poison and Toxic are complicated to draw)[/quote] At this point we have a fairly efficient gene pipeline, which involves templates and recolor robots! So really, all that's involved is our talented artists painting the gene templates to look nice, and programming the software to reference the right colors for each part of it! [br][br][quote]How was Baldwin's horn broken?[/quote] A brewing accident when Baldwin was younger and little more cavalier about proper lab safety. He knows better now.
Please note: We do not answer questions requesting ETAs or suggestions.

Quote:
I doubt this would happen, but if a breed goes 'exticnt' for some reason. Like, all of them are exalted or are in lairs that have been banned or have left, what would the admins do?

Mainly this is focused towards imperials, since they don't have breed changes, but I'm curious as to what the answer would be if a breed did go 'extinct.'

Many of the gods would actually be relieved the source of emperor dragons is no longer an issue.

As staff: This will never happen, as we have some imperials in our own accounts and have no plans for an extinction event.

Quote:
Is it correct to assume that when the color wheel expansion is released, that unhatched eggs will be able to hatch dragons with the new colors? Maybe this was confirmed somewhere but I can't recall it being directly stated anywhere.

Yes. Hatchling genes and colors are determined when the nest hatches, not when it is laid.

Quote:
How much does the flight magic influence the personality of a dragon? Like, is it plausible for a water dragon to be happy go lucky, and go on adventures (more like a wind flight dragon) or a non-water dragon oracles?

It typically have a major effect on their abilities, and a minor effect on a dragon's personality. But personality is made up of many facets, from species, to element, to clan, to it's region and culture. Dragons of any element that live in the Ashfall Waste, for instance, are likely to be influenced by the hard-working industrial nature of the area. Where as even a plague dragon living in the Windswept Plateau is going to be a lot more laid back.

Quote:
What is the airspeed velocity of an unladen Fae?

What do you mean? Nature or Arcane?

Quote:
Are based on the Lithops plant?

Really just a random question, but I was looking at my textbook, then suddenly realised the picture reminded me of the 'butt rocks' XD
(Though they referred to them only as 'plants that look like a stone' :P)

Yes, they are based on Lithops!

Quote:
Is it difficult to make the new colors have genes? (Like Poison and Toxic are complicated to draw)

At this point we have a fairly efficient gene pipeline, which involves templates and recolor robots! So really, all that's involved is our talented artists painting the gene templates to look nice, and programming the software to reference the right colors for each part of it!

Quote:
How was Baldwin's horn broken?

A brewing accident when Baldwin was younger and little more cavalier about proper lab safety.

He knows better now.
Wouldn't hunting in the water domain just be fishing?
Wouldn't hunting in the water domain just be fishing?
BFEMrcM.png
Is it possible for a dragon up for sale in the auction house to fight in the Coliseum?
Is it possible for a dragon up for sale in the auction house to fight in the Coliseum?
lAH9HaN.pngN6Ssoyw.png
https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/frd/2897429/7#post_44529631
1 2 ... 430 431 432 433 434 ... 753 754