Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Weekly Q&A [Closed]
1 2 ... 414 415 416 417 418 ... 753 754
I know you can't Auction off your progens, but are you allowed to trade them or give them away?

When I tried a lot of people told me that you can't give away your progen, but the other night I was looking at the Crossroads and noticed my progens were listed. Does this mean we're allowed to trade/give away your progens?
I know you can't Auction off your progens, but are you allowed to trade them or give them away?

When I tried a lot of people told me that you can't give away your progen, but the other night I was looking at the Crossroads and noticed my progens were listed. Does this mean we're allowed to trade/give away your progens?
tumblr_oswio1jT2U1v8lm95o4_100.giftumblr_oswcc6oFGq1v8lm95o2_75sq.png Hobbyist Writer57719699_nSiBYnESr0q0Pa5.pngFeel free to ping! tumblr_oswcc6oFGq1v8lm95o1_75sq.pngtumblr_oswio1jT2U1v8lm95o2_100.gif
Regarding achievements, for the one about owning one of each starter breed, do they all have to be in their adult forms for the achievement to unlock? I bought a Fae and Tundra from auctions (both are hatchlings) and I also have a few Guardians and Mirrors but haven't yet gotten the achievement. Unless I do need to wait until they're adults.
Regarding achievements, for the one about owning one of each starter breed, do they all have to be in their adult forms for the achievement to unlock? I bought a Fae and Tundra from auctions (both are hatchlings) and I also have a few Guardians and Mirrors but haven't yet gotten the achievement. Unless I do need to wait until they're adults.
I'm noodlecat on PCE | FR dragon sales thread | I'm eldafr on tumblr93sr.png
When will the coliseum be fixed with the mana going down between battles after using an eliminate at full mana?
When will the coliseum be fixed with the mana going down between battles after using an eliminate at full mana?
Why do dragons run out of energy at different rates?
Why do dragons run out of energy at different rates?
XsyYMAb.png bxbkeiO.png s-l96.jpgbxbkeiO.png XsyYMAb.png
Can Pearlcatcher's pearls be different colours like pearls in real life? And can they become like baroque pearls?
Can Pearlcatcher's pearls be different colours like pearls in real life? And can they become like baroque pearls?
huSXqfk.png
What is clan life when a clan is on a border of two regions? Do they get attacked a lot? Or do they live a perfectly normal clan life?
What is clan life when a clan is on a border of two regions? Do they get attacked a lot? Or do they live a perfectly normal clan life?
♥ indie - they/xir - 8teen ♥
k6vnXSz.gif
1. Will we be able to Level our dragons higher in the future?

2. Will there be any more acheivements in the future?
1. Will we be able to Level our dragons higher in the future?

2. Will there be any more acheivements in the future?
hi im sans
Do all the Coliseum bosses have the same encounter rate? The same drop rate? If not, why not?
Do all the Coliseum bosses have the same encounter rate? The same drop rate? If not, why not?
THIS SPACE FOR RENT
When the Auction House update is completed, will the bug in the Sell subsection, wherein the item description boxes won't disappear even when the cursor is not hovering over the item, also be fixed?
When the Auction House update is completed, will the bug in the Sell subsection, wherein the item description boxes won't disappear even when the cursor is not hovering over the item, also be fixed?
+2 FR time

DRS: Permanent dragons are all in the den!
[b]Please note: We do not answer questions requesting ETAs or suggestions.[/b] [quote]Where did the original idea to create Flight Rising come from? Was it just an idea that came up, or is there a backstory?[/quote] Most of the idea sprang forth from inspiration around the How-To-Draw-Dragon books that @Undel (aka 'neondragon') had spent many years creating. The idea of dragons in general was cool to begin with, and it wasn't hard for the others to get on board! She asked @akiri to see if he could program a mix-and-match color generator. The rest is history, but [i]Flight Rising[/i] owes a lot of its creation to a love art, books, and games. [br][br] [quote]If a Tundra were to be breed changed to a Snapper, would it still have a bad memory? Or vice versa?[/quote] The process of changing to a different breed does change the physiological makeup of a dragon, but not its character/sense of self. So yes, a tundra's brain and neural pathways would go through quite a bit of improvement while changing to a Snapper! [br][br] [quote]In the new color wheel, will the 'flip of colors', or centerpoints change drastically? Are we expecting to see dragons who have been matched for full range suddenly get the opposite range possible because of the new additions?[/quote] An offspring's possible colors will always use the shortest distance between the two parents colors. With 177 colors on the wheel, any distance of [b]88 or lower[/b] is the shortest distance. You can visit the color wheel expansion thread to see a finalized color order. [br][br] [quote]How do you think multi-species lairs work? If a towering Ridgeback digs a tunnel it might be a bit small for an Imperial and would be absolutely massive for an itty-bitty Fae, do dragons just make their own homes or do they just deal with whoever dug the lair? [/quote] Lair creation is a group effort, and often evolves over time to accommodate all members. Sometimes there are great, sweeping communal areas that can house even the clan's largest members, but it's common for similar species to carve out their own 'wings' that only they can fit into or visit. It all depends! [br][br] [quote]What happens if the deities run out of energy?[/quote] @Akiri feeds them! [br][br] [quote]Did Tidelord not try to warn the others about Spacedad and the imminent destruction of the Pillar? Surely he would have foreseen it and maybe it could have been avoided or at least delayed with contingencies set in... unless he didn't see that one coming.[/quote] While the Tidelord does have an amazing prescient ability to see future events, he sees possibilities, not certainties. He is also not infallible. In the time before the Pillar of the World was created, the events of the Arcanist could have been too far in the future or far too muddy to be used as a warning sign.
Please note: We do not answer questions requesting ETAs or suggestions.

Quote:
Where did the original idea to create Flight Rising come from? Was it just an idea that came up, or is there a backstory?

Most of the idea sprang forth from inspiration around the How-To-Draw-Dragon books that @Undel (aka 'neondragon') had spent many years creating. The idea of dragons in general was cool to begin with, and it wasn't hard for the others to get on board! She asked @akiri to see if he could program a mix-and-match color generator. The rest is history, but Flight Rising owes a lot of its creation to a love art, books, and games.

Quote:
If a Tundra were to be breed changed to a Snapper, would it still have a bad memory? Or vice versa?

The process of changing to a different breed does change the physiological makeup of a dragon, but not its character/sense of self. So yes, a tundra's brain and neural pathways would go through quite a bit of improvement while changing to a Snapper!

Quote:
In the new color wheel, will the 'flip of colors', or centerpoints change drastically? Are we expecting to see dragons who have been matched for full range suddenly get the opposite range possible because of the new additions?

An offspring's possible colors will always use the shortest distance between the two parents colors. With 177 colors on the wheel, any distance of 88 or lower is the shortest distance. You can visit the color wheel expansion thread to see a finalized color order.

Quote:
How do you think multi-species lairs work? If a towering Ridgeback digs a tunnel it might be a bit small for an Imperial and would be absolutely massive for an itty-bitty Fae, do dragons just make their own homes or do they just deal with whoever dug the lair?

Lair creation is a group effort, and often evolves over time to accommodate all members. Sometimes there are great, sweeping communal areas that can house even the clan's largest members, but it's common for similar species to carve out their own 'wings' that only they can fit into or visit. It all depends!

Quote:
What happens if the deities run out of energy?

@Akiri feeds them!

Quote:
Did Tidelord not try to warn the others about Spacedad and the imminent destruction of the Pillar? Surely he would have foreseen it and maybe it could have been avoided or at least delayed with contingencies set in... unless he didn't see that one coming.

While the Tidelord does have an amazing prescient ability to see future events, he sees possibilities, not certainties. He is also not infallible. In the time before the Pillar of the World was created, the events of the Arcanist could have been too far in the future or far too muddy to be used as a warning sign.
1 2 ... 414 415 416 417 418 ... 753 754