Back

Forum Games

Play word and forum games here.
TOPIC | Secrets of the Airship [ DISCUSSION ]
1 2 ... 103 104 105 106 107 ... 110 111
so i do have issues with that post potato, this isn't a "i think you're scum" but it's what has pinged me the most so far

anyway dande had the same issues with the post and you ended up doubling down

my first statement is that the questions

1) "how do people feel about d1 chops"
2) "what do people think is scummy which you don't actually find scummy"

are generic and simple

some interesting questions that end up determining more of what happens in the game would be "should there be a mass claim?", "how are you caught as a wolf?", and "should we play using the kingmaker strategy?" so on and so forth. these are actually relevant in regards to how most of the players maneuver the game and general strategy

your questions give generic icebreakers, which amount to more game theory reasons and the in most important and game relevant question you don't involve your own thoughts into the question (question 1). and irt pro and anti d1 chops it seems that you or anyone else can make a compelling argument for or against it at any time later in the day

furthermore almost everyone answered both questions with information relating to past games and they gave no actual alignment indicative information. this means that a) people knew before rand whether they thought about d1 chops and scumtells that they have seen that did not work b) the questions were sufficiently generic so as to not prompt novel discussion

so to go on, i don't know what you're talking about when you say "lateral thinking" or getting people into a "useful mindframe" and it came across as almost dishonest and performative. which pinged me

so i do have issues with that post potato, this isn't a "i think you're scum" but it's what has pinged me the most so far

anyway dande had the same issues with the post and you ended up doubling down

my first statement is that the questions

1) "how do people feel about d1 chops"
2) "what do people think is scummy which you don't actually find scummy"

are generic and simple

some interesting questions that end up determining more of what happens in the game would be "should there be a mass claim?", "how are you caught as a wolf?", and "should we play using the kingmaker strategy?" so on and so forth. these are actually relevant in regards to how most of the players maneuver the game and general strategy

your questions give generic icebreakers, which amount to more game theory reasons and the in most important and game relevant question you don't involve your own thoughts into the question (question 1). and irt pro and anti d1 chops it seems that you or anyone else can make a compelling argument for or against it at any time later in the day

furthermore almost everyone answered both questions with information relating to past games and they gave no actual alignment indicative information. this means that a) people knew before rand whether they thought about d1 chops and scumtells that they have seen that did not work b) the questions were sufficiently generic so as to not prompt novel discussion

so to go on, i don't know what you're talking about when you say "lateral thinking" or getting people into a "useful mindframe" and it came across as almost dishonest and performative. which pinged me

there's also the devil's advocate of "this person actually believes this and is genuine" which is why i didn't really speak to why i thought the post was bad and don't intend to do much stuff with the post, except mentally note it during my catchup, but those are my thoughts
there's also the devil's advocate of "this person actually believes this and is genuine" which is why i didn't really speak to why i thought the post was bad and don't intend to do much stuff with the post, except mentally note it during my catchup, but those are my thoughts
The usual questions on this site are more "what are your scumtells"

By asking people to call out a scumtell that they are actually ok with it causes people to really think about what they find important in scumhunting

Mass claiming is considered bad sportsmanship, discussing our personal maftells is decent enough of a question (but remarkably similar to my own) and I have no clue what the "kingmaker" strategy is. So your own "better" questions just... wouldn't have come up?

By asking people to call out a scumtell that they are actually ok with it causes people to really think about what they find important in scumhunting

Mass claiming is considered bad sportsmanship, discussing our personal maftells is decent enough of a question (but remarkably similar to my own) and I have no clue what the "kingmaker" strategy is. So your own "better" questions just... wouldn't have come up?
xCQDmTE.png Big fan of RP and mafia games, also super hyped for ArtFight this year

Oh and I also used to be Dragonclaw101

Clayton Academy
[quote name="ChaoticPotato" date="2024-01-18 18:34:23" ] The usual questions on this site are more "what are your scumtells" By asking people to call out a scumtell that they are actually ok with it causes people to really think about what they find important in scumhunting Mass claiming is considered bad sportsmanship, discussing our personal maftells is decent enough of a question (but remarkably similar to my own) and I have no clue what the "kingmaker" strategy is. So your own "better" questions just... wouldn't have come up? [/quote] yeah but, i thought that people developed convoluted and involved strategies everywhere. so this falls into the "pings robyn" but is site related something something i just should have refused to explain
ChaoticPotato wrote on 2024-01-18 18:34:23:

yeah but, i thought that people developed convoluted and involved strategies everywhere. so this falls into the "pings robyn" but is site related

something something i just should have refused to explain
[quote name="@robynrobyn" date="2024-01-18 18:23:23" ] [Center]-snip-[/center] some interesting questions that end up determining more of what happens in the game would be "should there be a mass claim?", "how are you caught as a wolf?", and "should we play using the kingmaker strategy?" so on and so forth. these are actually relevant in regards to how most of the players maneuver the game and general strategy your questions give generic icebreakers, which amount to more game theory reasons and the in most important and game relevant question you don't involve your own thoughts into the question (question 1). and irt pro and anti d1 chops it seems that you or anyone else can make a compelling argument for or against it at any time later in the day furthermore almost everyone answered both questions with information relating to past games and they gave no actual alignment indicative information. this means that a) people knew before rand whether they thought about d1 chops and scumtells that they have seen that did not work b) the questions were sufficiently generic so as to not prompt novel discussion so to go on, i don't know what you're talking about when you say "lateral thinking" or getting people into a "useful mindframe" and it came across as almost dishonest and performative. which pinged me [/quote] (Also @ChaoticPotato bc it seems you and then are the ones going back and forth right now) Not trying to sound rude, but I feel like the reason these two are struggling a bit is culture clash atm. I may be wrong about the culture clash, but FR does play massively different from mgg.
@robynrobyn wrote on 2024-01-18 18:23:23:
-snip-

(Also @ChaoticPotato bc it seems you and then are the ones going back and forth right now)

Not trying to sound rude, but I feel like the reason these two are struggling a bit is culture clash atm. I may be wrong about the culture clash, but FR does play massively different from mgg.
XvyfO6H.png I suffer from chronic illness and may dissapear at random. Apologies in advance if that happens :3

Any Pronouns - FR time
[quote name="rantoons" date="2024-01-18 18:09:35" ] [quote name="ChaoticPotato" date="2024-01-18 18:02:16" ] Also, I'd like to point out that my point is kinda proven with my icebreaker questions - we're struggling to scumhunt, people are blending in really well, etc. etc. so the need for lateral thinking and more... open, for lack of a better term, minds is evident here. Falling into old and easy thought patterns is keeping mafia hidden from view [/quote] https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/forga/3307614/103#post_56003307 If things are getting stale then a massclaim can spice things up :D [/quote] That's... one option. I don't think it's the best choice at this point.
rantoons wrote on 2024-01-18 18:09:35:
ChaoticPotato wrote on 2024-01-18 18:02:16:
Also, I'd like to point out that my point is kinda proven with my icebreaker questions - we're struggling to scumhunt, people are blending in really well, etc. etc. so the need for lateral thinking and more... open, for lack of a better term, minds is evident here. Falling into old and easy thought patterns is keeping mafia hidden from view

https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/forga/3307614/103#post_56003307

If things are getting stale then a massclaim can spice things up :D

That's... one option. I don't think it's the best choice at this point.
XvyfO6H.png I suffer from chronic illness and may dissapear at random. Apologies in advance if that happens :3

Any Pronouns - FR time
i come from MU/Syndicate

aka i'm from an even more remote culture

which i am aware of, however i have the best reads when interacting with people live

also bad news just came up, no more spoons to play, talk later
i come from MU/Syndicate

aka i'm from an even more remote culture

which i am aware of, however i have the best reads when interacting with people live

also bad news just came up, no more spoons to play, talk later
[quote name="robynrobyn" date="2024-01-18 18:39:00" ] [quote name="ChaoticPotato" date="2024-01-18 18:34:23" ] The usual questions on this site are more "what are your scumtells" By asking people to call out a scumtell that they are actually ok with it causes people to really think about what they find important in scumhunting Mass claiming is considered bad sportsmanship, discussing our personal maftells is decent enough of a question (but remarkably similar to my own) and I have no clue what the "kingmaker" strategy is. So your own "better" questions just... wouldn't have come up? [/quote] yeah but, i thought that people developed convoluted and involved strategies everywhere. so this falls into the "pings robyn" but is site related something something i just should have refused to explain [/quote] I'm getting confused now - I was just trying to explain my own thoughts about the icebreakers. Typically I notice FR mafia flies by the seat of our pants - we wing it a lot, and develop strategies as playstyles are established. We don't go into the hame with a game plan, so I guess that's where the difference is. On a side note: have I upset you? I feel like I've upset you and that's not my intention, I apologize if I did TwT
robynrobyn wrote on 2024-01-18 18:39:00:
ChaoticPotato wrote on 2024-01-18 18:34:23:

yeah but, i thought that people developed convoluted and involved strategies everywhere. so this falls into the "pings robyn" but is site related

something something i just should have refused to explain
I'm getting confused now - I was just trying to explain my own thoughts about the icebreakers. Typically I notice FR mafia flies by the seat of our pants - we wing it a lot, and develop strategies as playstyles are established. We don't go into the hame with a game plan, so I guess that's where the difference is.

On a side note: have I upset you? I feel like I've upset you and that's not my intention, I apologize if I did TwT
xCQDmTE.png Big fan of RP and mafia games, also super hyped for ArtFight this year

Oh and I also used to be Dragonclaw101

Clayton Academy
[quote name="ChaoticPotato" date="2024-01-18 18:46:29" ] On a side note: have I upset you? I feel like I've upset you and that's not my intention, I apologize if I did TwT [/quote] no, you're fine i am simply "like that" as in curt and a bit abrasive and neil basically said i was the person he knew that would have the biggest culture clash with FR, even though i'm gay, autistic, and etc also uh, mom literally just told me and hugged me that we're gonna put my cat down tomorrow so i really can't post rn will play more later
ChaoticPotato wrote on 2024-01-18 18:46:29:
On a side note: have I upset you? I feel like I've upset you and that's not my intention, I apologize if I did TwT

no, you're fine

i am simply "like that" as in curt and a bit abrasive

and neil basically said i was the person he knew that would have the biggest culture clash with FR, even though i'm gay, autistic, and etc

also uh, mom literally just told me and hugged me that we're gonna put my cat down tomorrow

so i really can't post rn

will play more later
[quote name="robynrobyn" date="2024-01-18 18:51:12" ] [quote name="ChaoticPotato" date="2024-01-18 18:46:29" ] On a side note: have I upset you? I feel like I've upset you and that's not my intention, I apologize if I did TwT [/quote] no, you're fine i am simply "like that" as in curt and a bit abrasive and neil basically said i was the person he knew that would have the biggest culture clash with FR, even though i'm gay, autistic, and etc also uh, mom literally just told me and hugged me that we're gonna put my cat down tomorrow so i really can't post rn will play more later [/quote] Take care of yourself! Irl is more important than the game <3
robynrobyn wrote on 2024-01-18 18:51:12:
ChaoticPotato wrote on 2024-01-18 18:46:29:

no, you're fine

i am simply "like that" as in curt and a bit abrasive

and neil basically said i was the person he knew that would have the biggest culture clash with FR, even though i'm gay, autistic, and etc

also uh, mom literally just told me and hugged me that we're gonna put my cat down tomorrow

so i really can't post rn

will play more later

Take care of yourself! Irl is more important than the game <3

Any Pronouns - FR time
1 2 ... 103 104 105 106 107 ... 110 111