Back

Forum Games

Play word and forum games here.
TOPIC | Secrets of the Airship [ DISCUSSION ]
1 2 ... 101 102 103 104 105 ... 110 111
Hey everyone

Sorry for being inactive lol, first mafia game where this happens

I had my final exam today and will have vacations for a month, so I was out all day celebrating with my friends (I know it's silly lol)

I won't reread today, it's 2am

I will start rereading everything tomorrow

Someone please give me bullet points of what happened to make my life easier
Hey everyone

I had my final exam today and will have vacations for a month, so I was out all day celebrating with my friends (I know it's silly lol)

[quote name="@robynrobyn" date="2024-01-18 17:48:06" ] [quote name="CreatorsDilemma" date="2024-01-18 17:47:37" ] [quote name="robynrobyn" date="2024-01-18 17:42:44" ] [quote name="dandelionfires" date="2024-01-13 20:56:44" ] I lied I skimmed the first two pages, and all 3 of Potato, Neil, and Dilemma are giving off 3p energy lmao It's an early read so not putting much stock in it, but I'm gonna say there is at most one scum and/or one 3p among those three names. [/quote] how many 3rd party are usually in these games [/quote] @robynrobyn Already been answered but Neil has since been outed as 3p just so you know! [/quote] lmfao how was he outed? [/quote] Huh, I can see it when quoting your message. Strange. Anyways, I investigated him n1. Was under suspicion at the time and had hinted at some abilities so I claimed. [quote name="CreatorsDilemma" date="2024-01-16 17:05:22" ] Just going to reveal now because I've already used all of my useful abilities and I have important information that needs to be shared. I am the joat. I had multiple one-shots themed after tasks in the Airship map. During the day, I put away the weapons (and "borrowed" a bpv, which was given away to a trusted person as a free action). I already mentioned the decontaminate task, which has not been used. Last night, I used my Develop Photos ability, which revealed the alingment of one player of my choice. Neil was difficult to read this game and a lot of it's actions were questionable, so I chose him as my target. Neil isn't town. He's aligned with the Wall. I don't know if that means it's 3p or a third faction. I know I'm not trusted, but I say we vote it today. If you want to be certain, you can vote me first (or vig can shoot me.) [/quote]
@robynrobyn wrote on 2024-01-18 17:48:06:
CreatorsDilemma wrote on 2024-01-18 17:47:37:
robynrobyn wrote on 2024-01-18 17:42:44:
dandelionfires wrote on 2024-01-13 20:56:44:
I lied I skimmed the first two pages, and all 3 of Potato, Neil, and Dilemma are giving off 3p energy lmao

It's an early read so not putting much stock in it, but I'm gonna say there is at most one scum and/or one 3p among those three names.
how many 3rd party are usually in these games
@robynrobyn Already been answered but Neil has since been outed as 3p just so you know!

how was he outed?
Huh, I can see it when quoting your message. Strange.

Anyways, I investigated him n1. Was under suspicion at the time and had hinted at some abilities so I claimed.
CreatorsDilemma wrote on 2024-01-16 17:05:22:
Just going to reveal now because I've already used all of my useful abilities and I have important information that needs to be shared.

I am the joat. I had multiple one-shots themed after tasks in the Airship map. During the day, I put away the weapons (and "borrowed" a bpv, which was given away to a trusted person as a free action). I already mentioned the decontaminate task, which has not been used.

Last night, I used my Develop Photos ability, which revealed the alingment of one player of my choice. Neil was difficult to read this game and a lot of it's actions were questionable, so I chose him as my target.

Neil isn't town. He's aligned with the Wall. I don't know if that means it's 3p or a third faction. I know I'm not trusted, but I say we vote it today. If you want to be certain, you can vote me first (or vig can shoot me.)
12475606.png87597622.png84500972.png83156440.png88684011.png56303576.png
[quote name="ChaoticPotato" date="2024-01-14 09:09:22" ] [quote name="@rantoons" date="2024-01-14 06:06:41" ] [quote name="ChaoticPotato" date="2024-01-13 21:24:10" ] [quote name="@dandelionfires" date="2024-01-13 20:43:11" ] As for the 2nd question, meh. I don't really believe in universal scumtells, I think it's always context-dependent. I think a lot of scummy behavior and newbie behavior can overlap and it's really a skill to be able to differentiate between them sometimes lol Potato, whenever you see this, would you mind explaining what your goal was with asking this question? [/quote] Simple answer - a lot of people get hung up on "what are your scumtells" as a question, I feel like, its something that people get stuck on in games I've played up to this point. I wanted to take the question in a different direction and stretching the brain muscles to, hopefully, allow for more lateral thinking and give scumhunting a bit more of an edge by doing that. Maybe not so simple but it makes sense to me [/quote] https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/forga/3307614/8#post_55963481 You could have just said they were icebreaker questions and you would have been fine, instead we get this 300IQ justification... [/quote] (https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/forga/3307614/9#post_55965214 I guess haha) Gaaahhhhh that's my actual reasoning though! I wanted icebreakers that weren't just generic "here's what we talk about D1" because I want to break those habits - lateral thinking is good for social deduction games, and asking an unexpected question or a question with a twist on it would help align our thinking into more of a useful mindframe - that's literally what I was thinking when I crafted the question I'm sorry TwT [/quote] this is a pretty scummy post, may as well exclaim "i am town!" and here's how we (town) should think dande has been slightly towny but i know she's a good player, i liked how she immediately started sorting players rantoons has been the towniest person due to freely posting and immediately scumreading neil (i'd have sr him too because he was so out of place/aloof/overbearing in the thread so far, but he's a 3rd party which is blah)
ChaoticPotato wrote on 2024-01-14 09:09:22:
@rantoons wrote on 2024-01-14 06:06:41:
ChaoticPotato wrote on 2024-01-13 21:24:10:
@dandelionfires wrote on 2024-01-13 20:43:11:
As for the 2nd question, meh. I don't really believe in universal scumtells, I think it's always context-dependent. I think a lot of scummy behavior and newbie behavior can overlap and it's really a skill to be able to differentiate between them sometimes lol

Potato, whenever you see this, would you mind explaining what your goal was with asking this question?
Simple answer - a lot of people get hung up on "what are your scumtells" as a question, I feel like, its something that people get stuck on in games I've played up to this point. I wanted to take the question in a different direction and stretching the brain muscles to, hopefully, allow for more lateral thinking and give scumhunting a bit more of an edge by doing that.

Maybe not so simple but it makes sense to me

https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/forga/3307614/8#post_55963481

You could have just said they were icebreaker questions and you would have been fine, instead we get this 300IQ justification...
(https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/forga/3307614/9#post_55965214 I guess haha)
Gaaahhhhh that's my actual reasoning though! I wanted icebreakers that weren't just generic "here's what we talk about D1" because I want to break those habits - lateral thinking is good for social deduction games, and asking an unexpected question or a question with a twist on it would help align our thinking into more of a useful mindframe - that's literally what I was thinking when I crafted the question I'm sorry TwT

this is a pretty scummy post, may as well exclaim "i am town!" and here's how we (town) should think

dande has been slightly towny but i know she's a good player, i liked how she immediately started sorting players

rantoons has been the towniest person due to freely posting and immediately scumreading neil (i'd have sr him too because he was so out of place/aloof/overbearing in the thread so far, but he's a 3rd party which is blah)
[quote name="CreatorsDilemma" date="2024-01-18 17:52:51" ] Anyways, I investigated him n1. Was under suspicion at the time and had hinted at some abilities so I claimed. [/quote] kk, you can be town
CreatorsDilemma wrote on 2024-01-18 17:52:51:
Anyways, I investigated him n1. Was under suspicion at the time and had hinted at some abilities so I claimed.

kk, you can be town
[quote name="robynrobyn" date="2024-01-18 17:23:12" ] [quote name="ChaoticPotato" date="2024-01-13 16:32:44" ] 1) How do you feel about D1 elims? 2) What is one scumtell that people tend to use that you generally don't actually see as scummy? 3) How are you doing rn? Just a lighthearted, hey, how's life. Do you want a cookie? [/quote] 1) d1 chops are good, they are town kill power which should be used, and they help sort suspicious players and force everyone to be accountable for their reads 2) people are often scummy if they contradict themselves, not split second ones but open contradictions near the end of the game or lylo where they just forget what they said or take a stance that's antithetical to what they did beforehand in the game. this is basic and doesn't apply because i never actively look for tells but so it goes. i'll show my process soon enough 3) not too great, my cat used to be pretty fat and fluffy and photogenic. now she's skinny and never wants to be at home (pretty much was never home for 3+ months and stopped eating). now that we've kept her home she just still hasn't cleaned up and she's uncomfortable around us and kids under the bed. she's having daily seizures and she had 3 in 15m yesterday. we're taking her to the vet soon. because of this and other things i've been drinking more + i've been pretty lonely and stressed [/quote] Q2 was what is something people find scummy but you don't? Not "what is a scumtell to you". Just, fyi
robynrobyn wrote on 2024-01-18 17:23:12:
ChaoticPotato wrote on 2024-01-13 16:32:44:
1) How do you feel about D1 elims?

2) What is one scumtell that people tend to use that you generally don't actually see as scummy?

3) How are you doing rn? Just a lighthearted, hey, how's life. Do you want a cookie?

1) d1 chops are good, they are town kill power which should be used, and they help sort suspicious players and force everyone to be accountable for their reads

2) people are often scummy if they contradict themselves, not split second ones but open contradictions near the end of the game or lylo where they just forget what they said or take a stance that's antithetical to what they did beforehand in the game. this is basic and doesn't apply because i never actively look for tells but so it goes. i'll show my process soon enough

3) not too great, my cat used to be pretty fat and fluffy and photogenic. now she's skinny and never wants to be at home (pretty much was never home for 3+ months and stopped eating). now that we've kept her home she just still hasn't cleaned up and she's uncomfortable around us and kids under the bed. she's having daily seizures and she had 3 in 15m yesterday. we're taking her to the vet soon. because of this and other things i've been drinking more + i've been pretty lonely and stressed

Q2 was what is something people find scummy but you don't? Not "what is a scumtell to you". Just, fyi
XvyfO6H.png I suffer from chronic illness and may dissapear at random. Apologies in advance if that happens :3

Any Pronouns - FR time
[quote name="robynrobyn" date="2024-01-18 17:54:23" ] [quote name="ChaoticPotato" date="2024-01-14 09:09:22" ] [quote name="@rantoons" date="2024-01-14 06:06:41" ] [quote name="ChaoticPotato" date="2024-01-13 21:24:10" ] [quote name="@dandelionfires" date="2024-01-13 20:43:11" ] As for the 2nd question, meh. I don't really believe in universal scumtells, I think it's always context-dependent. I think a lot of scummy behavior and newbie behavior can overlap and it's really a skill to be able to differentiate between them sometimes lol Potato, whenever you see this, would you mind explaining what your goal was with asking this question? [/quote] Simple answer - a lot of people get hung up on "what are your scumtells" as a question, I feel like, its something that people get stuck on in games I've played up to this point. I wanted to take the question in a different direction and stretching the brain muscles to, hopefully, allow for more lateral thinking and give scumhunting a bit more of an edge by doing that. Maybe not so simple but it makes sense to me [/quote] https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/forga/3307614/8#post_55963481 You could have just said they were icebreaker questions and you would have been fine, instead we get this 300IQ justification... [/quote] (https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/forga/3307614/9#post_55965214 I guess haha) Gaaahhhhh that's my actual reasoning though! I wanted icebreakers that weren't just generic "here's what we talk about D1" because I want to break those habits - lateral thinking is good for social deduction games, and asking an unexpected question or a question with a twist on it would help align our thinking into more of a useful mindframe - that's literally what I was thinking when I crafted the question I'm sorry TwT [/quote] this is a pretty scummy post, may as well exclaim "i am town!" and here's how we (town) should think dande has been slightly towny but i know she's a good player, i liked how she immediately started sorting players rantoons has been the towniest person due to freely posting and immediately scumreading neil (i'd have sr him too because he was so out of place/aloof/overbearing in the thread so far, but he's a 3rd party which is blah) [/quote] What? Please explain your thought process here. Also not to sound super autistic but you missed the point on the second icebreaker and just gave a scumtell - I asked for a scumtell that you actually see as "fine" which I didn't get ^^;
robynrobyn wrote on 2024-01-18 17:54:23:
As for the 2nd question, meh. I don't really believe in universal scumtells, I think it's always context-dependent. I think a lot of scummy behavior and newbie behavior can overlap and it's really a skill to be able to differentiate between them sometimes lol

Potato, whenever you see this, would you mind explaining what your goal was with asking this question?
Simple answer - a lot of people get hung up on "what are your scumtells" as a question, I feel like, its something that people get stuck on in games I've played up to this point. I wanted to take the question in a different direction and stretching the brain muscles to, hopefully, allow for more lateral thinking and give scumhunting a bit more of an edge by doing that.

You could have just said they were icebreaker questions and you would have been fine, instead we get this 300IQ justification...
(https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/forga/3307614/9#post_55965214 I guess haha)
Gaaahhhhh that's my actual reasoning though! I wanted icebreakers that weren't just generic "here's what we talk about D1" because I want to break those habits - lateral thinking is good for social deduction games, and asking an unexpected question or a question with a twist on it would help align our thinking into more of a useful mindframe - that's literally what I was thinking when I crafted the question I'm sorry TwT

this is a pretty scummy post, may as well exclaim "i am town!" and here's how we (town) should think

dande has been slightly towny but i know she's a good player, i liked how she immediately started sorting players

rantoons has been the towniest person due to freely posting and immediately scumreading neil (i'd have sr him too because he was so out of place/aloof/overbearing in the thread so far, but he's a 3rd party which is blah)
What? Please explain your thought process here.

Also not to sound super autistic but you missed the point on the second icebreaker and just gave a scumtell - I asked for a scumtell that you actually see as "fine" which I didn't get ^^;
xCQDmTE.png Big fan of RP and mafia games, also super hyped for ArtFight this year

Oh and I also used to be Dragonclaw101

Clayton Academy
[quote name="ChaoticPotato" date="2024-01-18 17:58:55" ] [quote name="robynrobyn" date="2024-01-18 17:54:23" ] [quote name="ChaoticPotato" date="2024-01-14 09:09:22" ] [quote name="@rantoons" date="2024-01-14 06:06:41" ] [quote name="ChaoticPotato" date="2024-01-13 21:24:10" ] [quote name="@dandelionfires" date="2024-01-13 20:43:11" ] As for the 2nd question, meh. I don't really believe in universal scumtells, I think it's always context-dependent. I think a lot of scummy behavior and newbie behavior can overlap and it's really a skill to be able to differentiate between them sometimes lol Potato, whenever you see this, would you mind explaining what your goal was with asking this question? [/quote] Simple answer - a lot of people get hung up on "what are your scumtells" as a question, I feel like, its something that people get stuck on in games I've played up to this point. I wanted to take the question in a different direction and stretching the brain muscles to, hopefully, allow for more lateral thinking and give scumhunting a bit more of an edge by doing that. Maybe not so simple but it makes sense to me [/quote] https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/forga/3307614/8#post_55963481 You could have just said they were icebreaker questions and you would have been fine, instead we get this 300IQ justification... [/quote] (https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/forga/3307614/9#post_55965214 I guess haha) Gaaahhhhh that's my actual reasoning though! I wanted icebreakers that weren't just generic "here's what we talk about D1" because I want to break those habits - lateral thinking is good for social deduction games, and asking an unexpected question or a question with a twist on it would help align our thinking into more of a useful mindframe - that's literally what I was thinking when I crafted the question I'm sorry TwT [/quote] this is a pretty scummy post, may as well exclaim "i am town!" and here's how we (town) should think dande has been slightly towny but i know she's a good player, i liked how she immediately started sorting players rantoons has been the towniest person due to freely posting and immediately scumreading neil (i'd have sr him too because he was so out of place/aloof/overbearing in the thread so far, but he's a 3rd party which is blah) [/quote] What? Please explain your thought process here. Also not to sound super autistic but you missed the point on the second icebreaker and just gave a scumtell - I asked for a scumtell that you actually see as "fine" which I didn't get ^^; [/quote] A kid with autismmmm
ChaoticPotato wrote on 2024-01-18 17:58:55:
robynrobyn wrote on 2024-01-18 17:54:23:

What? Please explain your thought process here.

Also not to sound super autistic but you missed the point on the second icebreaker and just gave a scumtell - I asked for a scumtell that you actually see as "fine" which I didn't get ^^;

A kid with autismmmm
XvyfO6H.png I suffer from chronic illness and may dissapear at random. Apologies in advance if that happens :3

Any Pronouns - FR time
ugh why have I been ignored for the past like 10 posts I've made lol
ugh why have I been ignored for the past like 10 posts I've made lol
Also, I'd like to point out that my point is kinda proven with my icebreaker questions - we're struggling to scumhunt, people are blending in really well, etc. etc. so the need for lateral thinking and more... open, for lack of a better term, minds is evident here. Falling into old and easy thought patterns is keeping mafia hidden from view
Also, I'd like to point out that my point is kinda proven with my icebreaker questions - we're struggling to scumhunt, people are blending in really well, etc. etc. so the need for lateral thinking and more... open, for lack of a better term, minds is evident here. Falling into old and easy thought patterns is keeping mafia hidden from view
xCQDmTE.png Big fan of RP and mafia games, also super hyped for ArtFight this year

Clayton Academy
[quote name="rantoons" date="2024-01-18 17:51:25" ] Hey everyone Sorry for being inactive lol, first mafia game where this happens I had my final exam today and will have vacations for a month, so I was out all day celebrating with my friends (I know it's silly lol) I won't reread today, it's 2am I will start rereading everything tomorrow Someone please give me bullet points of what happened to make my life easier [/quote] Ehhh bullet list is difficult 1) restlessStardust was on the chopping block but apparently has an x shot that will show "everyone" something 2) I am investigating Ember's hat 3) Lichnos was voted out... for behavior Grow was exhibiting tbh, idek why they were voted out Uhhhh I don't know what else would be important, sorry!
rantoons wrote on 2024-01-18 17:51:25:
Hey everyone

Ehhh bullet list is difficult

1) restlessStardust was on the chopping block but apparently has an x shot that will show "everyone" something
2) I am investigating Ember's hat
3) Lichnos was voted out... for behavior Grow was exhibiting tbh, idek why they were voted out

Uhhhh I don't know what else would be important, sorry!

Clayton Academy
1 2 ... 101 102 103 104 105 ... 110 111