Back

Forum Games

Play word and forum games here.
TOPIC | Invasion on Polus [ DISCUSSION ] TOWNWIN
1 2 ... 14 15 16 17 18 ... 63 64
catching up, on page 8! [quote name="@Polybius0147" date="2023-10-14 10:47:42" ] [quote name="TheMimic1013" date="2023-10-14 10:13:01" ] @/rantoons Guessing mafia roles so we have an idea of what to skim for in the future n1 flavor seems like a good opportunity to [i]me [b]and for town[/b][/i]. But even stating preferences is info, which is why I have mentioned that we didn't have to say anything. ;) No one on my radar yet. Everyone is either null or slightly townread to me. [/quote] [img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/1147177159526465646/1162808017255932075/heracross-pokemon-heracross.gif[/img] [/quote] you can say im biased because i have mimic's slot and know mimic's wincon for sure but honestly seeing this as a scumslip is kind of a stretch?? im not sure if this is a language thing but this honestly sounded like "me and all of us (including me)"?? instead of "me and you guys"?? i'm not sure if this makes sense but. [quote name="@Draco1091" date="2023-10-14 15:28:59" ] Woo, just coming back to this thread and it looks like a ton has taken place here. Honestly, day 1 there's already a lot of suspicions running around. With that said, I think a lot of animosity got stirred up around here, and reading through the discussions got me all mixed up on what's happening. So for now, I'm not seeing a clear D1 elimination in it for me. But, the night will reveal a lot for investigation and evidence in D2 and that's coming up pretty soon I think! [/quote] hello! correct me if i'm wrong but we're only halfway through day 1, no? there's still plenty of time for us to come up with a target for day 1! as such, i don't think we should sit back and wait for night 1 investigations to come in ;o i'm bad at getting scumreads too so i think i understand not having scumreads at this point, but i'd still like to hear your thoughts on people! what do you think about the high posters (polybius and rantoons)? what do you think about the suspicion on mimic/my slot? what do you think about dilemma about their "i know there is a cult" and [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/forga/3279601/6#post_55267263]their claim to have a conversion-opposing ability?[/url] [quote name="@Polybius0147" date="2023-10-14 18:52:47" ] finally I will reveal my secret. 3/4ths of the icebreaker questions were reaction tests. from that i found those people to have scummy answers. I can get into that in a bit when I also give my own answers to the questions (obviously reaction tests don't work as well when... people know that they're reaction tests, and thus my hesitance to delve into it.) some of my reasoning is a bit level 1 but I'd like to at least begin to discus with less than 24 hours left :3 -snip- [/quote] hmmm. i'm not sure how i feel about your "icebreaker questions were reaction tests" because they felt like pretty standard questions that were more based on the players' experience than their actual alignment? i'm looking forward to hear your reasoning behind your scumreads, evne if you think your reasoning isn't entirely solid! i think i mostly scumhunt by thinking "is this thought process something town would make" so i'm curious to see what reactions you were expecting to get with your questions, and why you are reading some people in certain ways based on their response to those.
catching up, on page 8!

@Polybius0147 wrote on 2023-10-14 10:47:42:
TheMimic1013 wrote on 2023-10-14 10:13:01:
@/rantoons Guessing mafia roles so we have an idea of what to skim for in the future n1 flavor seems like a good opportunity to me and for town. But even stating preferences is info, which is why I have mentioned that we didn't have to say anything. ;)

No one on my radar yet. Everyone is either null or slightly townread to me.
heracross-pokemon-heracross.gif

you can say im biased because i have mimic's slot and know mimic's wincon for sure but honestly seeing this as a scumslip is kind of a stretch?? im not sure if this is a language thing but this honestly sounded like "me and all of us (including me)"?? instead of "me and you guys"?? i'm not sure if this makes sense but.
@Draco1091 wrote on 2023-10-14 15:28:59:
Woo, just coming back to this thread and it looks like a ton has taken place here.

Honestly, day 1 there's already a lot of suspicions running around.

With that said, I think a lot of animosity got stirred up around here, and reading through the discussions got me all mixed up on what's happening. So for now, I'm not seeing a clear D1 elimination in it for me. But, the night will reveal a lot for investigation and evidence in D2 and that's coming up pretty soon I think!
hello! correct me if i'm wrong but we're only halfway through day 1, no? there's still plenty of time for us to come up with a target for day 1! as such, i don't think we should sit back and wait for night 1 investigations to come in ;o

i'm bad at getting scumreads too so i think i understand not having scumreads at this point, but i'd still like to hear your thoughts on people! what do you think about the high posters (polybius and rantoons)? what do you think about the suspicion on mimic/my slot? what do you think about dilemma about their "i know there is a cult" and their claim to have a conversion-opposing ability?

@Polybius0147 wrote on 2023-10-14 18:52:47:
finally I will reveal my secret. 3/4ths of the icebreaker questions were reaction tests. from that i found those people to have scummy answers. I can get into that in a bit when I also give my own answers to the questions (obviously reaction tests don't work as well when... people know that they're reaction tests, and thus my hesitance to delve into it.)

some of my reasoning is a bit level 1 but I'd like to at least begin to discus with less than 24 hours left :3

-snip-
hmmm. i'm not sure how i feel about your "icebreaker questions were reaction tests" because they felt like pretty standard questions that were more based on the players' experience than their actual alignment?

i'm looking forward to hear your reasoning behind your scumreads, evne if you think your reasoning isn't entirely solid! i think i mostly scumhunt by thinking "is this thought process something town would make" so i'm curious to see what reactions you were expecting to get with your questions, and why you are reading some people in certain ways based on their response to those.
jghAv2V.png
...yeah ignore my "on page 8" thing i started on page 8 but i'm pretty much fully caught up! whoops

@xcscientist hiii!! excited to play with you! :D

i'd also like to add that my role is probably not what comes into mind immediately based off what mimic claimed to be, so uh. maybe don't dinner me n1?
...yeah ignore my "on page 8" thing i started on page 8 but i'm pretty much fully caught up! whoops

@xcscientist hiii!! excited to play with you! :D

i'd also like to add that my role is probably not what comes into mind immediately based off what mimic claimed to be, so uh. maybe don't dinner me n1?
jghAv2V.png
@stormdreamer

haha, yeah ignore that post. My timing was off, and discord was showing that the end of day 1 was today, so I didn't think we had that much time! When I'm not as sleep deprived, I should be able to actually talk during the rest of the day tomorrow!
@stormdreamer

haha, yeah ignore that post. My timing was off, and discord was showing that the end of day 1 was today, so I didn't think we had that much time! When I'm not as sleep deprived, I should be able to actually talk during the rest of the day tomorrow!
89336357_350.png
o/ storm, nat! excited to play with u both again!!!
first adress! @Draco1091 ! i found your opening and responses scummy for the meekness that I felt in them. Generally I'd say null feelings, but gth, scum. fwiw for me, personally I *do* tend to lump in my null players within my POE as well.
But! Feel free to show me I'm wrong! Do you have any opinions of the players so far? Anybody who reads town or scum to you? Any discrepencies you'd like to share? You say that you're good at keeping track of information, is there anything that sticks out to you?

-

@StormDreamer
wrt dilemma and cult info im of the opinion that that can be left resolved at night tbh? but also like. unless it was explicitly stated in dilemma's mafia role that mafia couldn't be converted, idt dilemma over anybody else would have anything to gain by sharing it. and also i think it's... unlikely? for mafia to end up being aware of cult immediately like that? like yeah we're playing multiball, but i think mafia would more instinctively assume a like. team A mafia team B mafia and town, rather than mafia + cult. in that case i just. dont find it likely for mafia to even have an ability pertaining to cult? mechanically it doesn't make sense for me that mafia would have an anti-conversion role. i could be wrong, but personally i just... think its unlikely.

second bit :3
wrt the scumslip! i mean. it happened and im gonna poke at it. i dont rlly put a lot of stock into it and i prefer focusing on more tangible things (you would see that i moved past that immediately to question mimic about some things i found odd or wanted answers to.) i can buy that she wanted to reaction test people but like. i still think her reaction to my reaction was overblown and not rlly too helpful.

and finally. re3action test go to a different section holdup.
also smh not wanting to be dinner'd d1 when your name is steamdinner :eyebrowraise:

@xcscientist help yeah i meant fil. i had put fils name down wrong in my notes ;n;
also! please feel free to contest it! poke me and tell me that I'm wrong! tell me who you think *should* be in my pool today, and who ive listed that I *shouldn't* look at.

-
MEOW!!!! THE ANSWER WE'VE BEEN LOOKING FOR!!!!! MY REASONING FOR ASKING QUESTIONS!!!

first lets go over each question; why i asked that, and my own answer

question 1; how are you FEELING right now?
reasoning; I asked this because recently in a game, rantoons asked me something along these lines and made a read based off it. thus i think to myself, hm, hey, lets try asxking this, see what people give, and see if i can find anything AI there. but also, asking somebody how they're feeling isn't exactly... productive in genertal to the game of mafia, so i was hoping to get a few ppl questioning that in general.
answer; rn im vibing, sending off one last message before i get my sleep! when the game started i was raring to go, i was excited and sleepy and wanted to get a good headstart on things!

question 2Have you ever played multiball before? If yes, what strategies do you employ while playing multiball as either alignment, and if no (or; optional if yes) what is going to be your process starting this game to track down the sussy bakas?
reasoning; i have not played kmultiball in a forum setting (ig technically i have in mafia gg but thats not rlly the same?), so i wanted to see people's approach and how they're claiming to work forwards, while also seeking my own advice here :D.
my answer; no i have not ^w^. personally i kinda have to work with the fact that solving abilities, one of the main reason ppl tr others, isn't exactly a consistent reason to tr someone in a multiball game. though at least with mafia factions, you'd be able to tell who theyre moreso lacking on, in terms of partners and such..?

question 3 what is, in your opinion, your best asset to playing town?
reasoning; i want to see what peoplee think are their town strengths, and see if they'll end up living up to them! sure meta blah blah, but i think at the very least this is something that will end up being telling later down the line if somebody starts to crack.
my answer; well obviously my overwhelming ego. i dont thihnk that i tend to be the most findable town, but i have a few aces up my sleeve. I tend to notice when people's reads shift often and I like to pry at that. in general i think that my curiosity as a whole lends well to town's solving :D i also don't really think of myself as a townleader as a whole in general, but ive been finding that im adjusting myself to something like that when playing on FR? which i'll count as a W for me ;P

question 4We will have a d1 elimination. I will strongarm one if I have to. With that in mind, what are you looking out for for a d1 elim candidate?
reasoining; okay so this is half reaction bait half genuine answer. by forcing the notion of a d1 elim (something ive learned FR players often avoid), i make it so that everybody *should* be thinking about that. why? because I'm not taking no for an answer. ive kind of further expanded into why i think a d1 elim is pro town for this setup specifically being flipless, and i think that still stands. secondly, much like the third question, i wanna see who's words line up with what they're gunning for. do their reads make sense? was any of what they said hasty and put together? lets see!
my response; imo in terms of this game i still think that those who arent putting effort into solving are more likely mafia than other evil faction than town. im also looking for people who don't seem to be paying attentionj in that regard, or focuing overly on uneccicary subjects rather than solving. i also rlly have to agree with sage (o7)'s comment that somebody whos been discussed a lot is ~probably a good candidate? because then you'll be able to see resistence and etc, as well as have a lot of spew to sift through if you do9 bag a mafia.

aaaand also, final bit wrt my questioning! since i had played with 6 of the original PL before (now 7 of the current players), i was on the lookout for how they specifially would react to my questioning gi9ven what i know of them and how they might expect to find me as well. rantoons is correct, that even though I could have just revealed my plan sooner, i opted to sit in a bit of suspicion and see where that leads me. i don't rlly mind it, as that helped me find artemis in the prior game as well as sage after a bout of omgus.

that's prettyyy much it? lmk if theres anything i missed but i hope this paints a clearcut version of my headspace and worldview atm

o/ storm, nat! excited to play with u both again!!!
first adress! @Draco1091 ! i found your opening and responses scummy for the meekness that I felt in them. Generally I'd say null feelings, but gth, scum. fwiw for me, personally I *do* tend to lump in my null players within my POE as well.
But! Feel free to show me I'm wrong! Do you have any opinions of the players so far? Anybody who reads town or scum to you? Any discrepencies you'd like to share? You say that you're good at keeping track of information, is there anything that sticks out to you?

-

@StormDreamer
wrt dilemma and cult info im of the opinion that that can be left resolved at night tbh? but also like. unless it was explicitly stated in dilemma's mafia role that mafia couldn't be converted, idt dilemma over anybody else would have anything to gain by sharing it. and also i think it's... unlikely? for mafia to end up being aware of cult immediately like that? like yeah we're playing multiball, but i think mafia would more instinctively assume a like. team A mafia team B mafia and town, rather than mafia + cult. in that case i just. dont find it likely for mafia to even have an ability pertaining to cult? mechanically it doesn't make sense for me that mafia would have an anti-conversion role. i could be wrong, but personally i just... think its unlikely.

second bit :3
wrt the scumslip! i mean. it happened and im gonna poke at it. i dont rlly put a lot of stock into it and i prefer focusing on more tangible things (you would see that i moved past that immediately to question mimic about some things i found odd or wanted answers to.) i can buy that she wanted to reaction test people but like. i still think her reaction to my reaction was overblown and not rlly too helpful.

and finally. re3action test go to a different section holdup.
also smh not wanting to be dinner'd d1 when your name is steamdinner :eyebrowraise:

@xcscientist help yeah i meant fil. i had put fils name down wrong in my notes ;n;
also! please feel free to contest it! poke me and tell me that I'm wrong! tell me who you think *should* be in my pool today, and who ive listed that I *shouldn't* look at.

-
MEOW!!!! THE ANSWER WE'VE BEEN LOOKING FOR!!!!! MY REASONING FOR ASKING QUESTIONS!!!

first lets go over each question; why i asked that, and my own answer

question 1; how are you FEELING right now?
reasoning; I asked this because recently in a game, rantoons asked me something along these lines and made a read based off it. thus i think to myself, hm, hey, lets try asxking this, see what people give, and see if i can find anything AI there. but also, asking somebody how they're feeling isn't exactly... productive in genertal to the game of mafia, so i was hoping to get a few ppl questioning that in general.
answer; rn im vibing, sending off one last message before i get my sleep! when the game started i was raring to go, i was excited and sleepy and wanted to get a good headstart on things!

question 2Have you ever played multiball before? If yes, what strategies do you employ while playing multiball as either alignment, and if no (or; optional if yes) what is going to be your process starting this game to track down the sussy bakas?
reasoning; i have not played kmultiball in a forum setting (ig technically i have in mafia gg but thats not rlly the same?), so i wanted to see people's approach and how they're claiming to work forwards, while also seeking my own advice here :D.
my answer; no i have not ^w^. personally i kinda have to work with the fact that solving abilities, one of the main reason ppl tr others, isn't exactly a consistent reason to tr someone in a multiball game. though at least with mafia factions, you'd be able to tell who theyre moreso lacking on, in terms of partners and such..?

question 3 what is, in your opinion, your best asset to playing town?
reasoning; i want to see what peoplee think are their town strengths, and see if they'll end up living up to them! sure meta blah blah, but i think at the very least this is something that will end up being telling later down the line if somebody starts to crack.
my answer; well obviously my overwhelming ego. i dont thihnk that i tend to be the most findable town, but i have a few aces up my sleeve. I tend to notice when people's reads shift often and I like to pry at that. in general i think that my curiosity as a whole lends well to town's solving :D i also don't really think of myself as a townleader as a whole in general, but ive been finding that im adjusting myself to something like that when playing on FR? which i'll count as a W for me ;P

question 4We will have a d1 elimination. I will strongarm one if I have to. With that in mind, what are you looking out for for a d1 elim candidate?
reasoining; okay so this is half reaction bait half genuine answer. by forcing the notion of a d1 elim (something ive learned FR players often avoid), i make it so that everybody *should* be thinking about that. why? because I'm not taking no for an answer. ive kind of further expanded into why i think a d1 elim is pro town for this setup specifically being flipless, and i think that still stands. secondly, much like the third question, i wanna see who's words line up with what they're gunning for. do their reads make sense? was any of what they said hasty and put together? lets see!
my response; imo in terms of this game i still think that those who arent putting effort into solving are more likely mafia than other evil faction than town. im also looking for people who don't seem to be paying attentionj in that regard, or focuing overly on uneccicary subjects rather than solving. i also rlly have to agree with sage (o7)'s comment that somebody whos been discussed a lot is ~probably a good candidate? because then you'll be able to see resistence and etc, as well as have a lot of spew to sift through if you do9 bag a mafia.

aaaand also, final bit wrt my questioning! since i had played with 6 of the original PL before (now 7 of the current players), i was on the lookout for how they specifially would react to my questioning gi9ven what i know of them and how they might expect to find me as well. rantoons is correct, that even though I could have just revealed my plan sooner, i opted to sit in a bit of suspicion and see where that leads me. i don't rlly mind it, as that helped me find artemis in the prior game as well as sage after a bout of omgus.

that's prettyyy much it? lmk if theres anything i missed but i hope this paints a clearcut version of my headspace and worldview atm

neil
it/its + he/him
the comic sanser
p8qgXPn.gif [/url
ah also. @KungfuCutBug, why had you not responded to me here?

i'd still also like the questions I posed answered!
ah wait i realised you mentioned being out today however regardless idm brining this up to your attention and its pinging me anyways soooo errrrm
ah also. @KungfuCutBug, why had you not responded to me here?

i'd still also like the questions I posed answered!
ah wait i realised you mentioned being out today however regardless idm brining this up to your attention and its pinging me anyways soooo errrrm
neil
it/its + he/him
the comic sanser
p8qgXPn.gif [/url
I had to go back and read the question I asked because I didn't remember it and LOL I kinda asked it because it was Sonic mafia and I was 300% hyped. For the record when I made that question, people who would show too much overexcitement would have been scummier to me, hence why I townread you after your response.
I had to go back and read the question I asked because I didn't remember it and LOL I kinda asked it because it was Sonic mafia and I was 300% hyped. For the record when I made that question, people who would show too much overexcitement would have been scummier to me, hence why I townread you after your response.
I haven't read anything carefully yet but I reject the suggestion of having only 3 candidates (plus I was kind of scumreading terrify and waiting for them to come back but obviously that's not going to happen now so give me a minute to process how to tackle that)
I haven't read anything carefully yet but I reject the suggestion of having only 3 candidates (plus I was kind of scumreading terrify and waiting for them to come back but obviously that's not going to happen now so give me a minute to process how to tackle that)
Also I kind of understand why people don't do D1 eliminations here because we're at 160 posts while in my usual games we're at 900-1000 posts by this point. Obviously a lot more content to process.
Also I kind of understand why people don't do D1 eliminations here because we're at 160 posts while in my usual games we're at 900-1000 posts by this point. Obviously a lot more content to process.
Oh my god, I just decided to spend some weekend time not relaxing, and I returned to almost ten pages of convo. I'm going to need skimming all of that. Did I miss anything?
Oh my god, I just decided to spend some weekend time not relaxing, and I returned to almost ten pages of convo. I'm going to need skimming all of that. Did I miss anything?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I'm Fil but you can call me Dan.
Time: FR +15/+16
Offline during: 6:00-21:00 and 6:00-16:00
Fil.png
My Wattpad Account
My DeviantArt
The Unbuilt Void (God Game)
DGBpqSL.png
Fil is back in FR.
The Hero's Prophecy: Wattpad/Royal Road
Ok so it is way way [i]way[/i] past my bedtime but I did want to respond to this before I sleep. Wouldn't be the first time I wrecked my sleep schedule over a game of mafia. ...And I probably shouldn't be doing this while I'm already sick. Let's see if I have any semi-coherent thoughts. I'll have to hold off on my all-player analysis because I am dead tired. Will try really hard to get it done before the end of D1. Regarding just Neil's pool: @Fil [indent]- 3 posts. One of which was a quick intro when they were busy, the second was a question about cult win-cons, and the last was a catch-up question. So uh welcome back Fil! Neil has you as a potential elim target so we’re discussing that. - Has no direct interaction with anyone, but Neil answered the question about cults and Cutbug answered the question about multi-ball. - Artemis poked them about the sheepish nature of their first post, but they didn’t respond. [quote name="ArtemisAgrotera" date="2023-10-13 19:10:51" ] [quote name="Fil" date="2023-10-13 18:38:52" ] Speaking of day 1 elims, I'm fairly ambivalent on it. [b]If everyone's on board, I'm on board.[/b] Info is pretty valuable, and day 1 elim provides good talking points. However, this may change with some good argumentation and when I'm no longer tired. [/quote] This particular line is not the best look? I'm not sure why you'd start off the game announcing that you'll sheep [/quote] I don’t see much use in elimming this slot. Fil has had few interactions with anyone, so there would be little to gain in terms of discussion squinting after they are elimmed. They seem less like a lurker and more like a person who isn’t around at all. I don't want to eliminate Fil for Day 1.[/indent] @Draco1091 [indent]- 4 posts. An intro post and some shorter posts responding to others. - Thought Day 1 was ending earlier than it actually did, which probably explains some of the lack of posting. - Intro post didn’t ping me off, it seemed like she wanted to avoid town vs town elimination scenarios on day 1 which I agree with. - Artemis asked why Draco was included in Neil’s D1 elim pool. Overall, I’d like to see more from Draco. She said that she has some mafia experience, so I’d like to see her get involved with the discussion. Do more pushing and ask more questions. Draco doesn’t strike me as a good D1 elim because she doesn’t have many interactions with anyone, other than Neil and Artemis for being an elim target in the first place. We wouldn’t have any interesting conversations to sift through from this. I still have my eye on her for the future, because so far she hasn’t helped town much with her more empty posts.[/indent] @IvoryMist [indent]- 10 posts. Mostly responding to some suspicion from Mimic and questions from Neil. - Brought up the idea that [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/forga/3279601/7#post_55269358]cults are a neutral party with a survivor goal, rather than conversion.[/url] Kind of an odd take if you ask me, but cult speculation isn’t my focus here. [quote name="IvoryMist" date="2023-10-14 11:20:44" ] Based on information I was given via my card, I have reason to hunt roles I can assume are present as they present a decent threat to the town. Granted all roles that aren't town are against it, whether they work with us or not. That being said, I also don't want to throw accusations and such around yet. I'd rather get something to work with, rather than trusting instinct or gut. [/quote] I’m not sure if it’s just because I don’t understand their wording, but this was kind of a non-answer to Mimic’s role hunting question? - They scum-leaned Mimic once Mimic had a vote, after Mimic had already placed pressure on them. This isn’t terrible on its own, but their reasoning when pressed about this pinged me. [quote name="IvoryMist" date="2023-10-14 14:25:21" ] I'm not entirely sure how I got dragged into mimics accusations. I've addressed it, but I feel he kind just threw a name in there who wasn't talking much and then said I was lurking. (Though I could see it, it just felt random since I hadn't addressed him much, if at all.) On the topic though, he strikes me the wrong way in giving up after being really aggressive (Not really a better way to phrase it). As from a townie standpoint, if I'm pushing for information, I've got a way to back myself up in case I'm counter-pushed. I find it strange that instead of stating a defense to seem more like a town lead, he gave up and laid back. Which feels scummy to me. [/quote] [quote name="IvoryMist" date="2023-10-14 14:45:05" ] Because I didn't (I'm really good at social, I promise) In all honesty though, took me a bit to formulate my thoughts because it caught me off guard. Two points to make here, Mimic's had pressure on him for a while, it's not that hard to see. So me making a post now that there's pressure doesn't exactly makes sense due to me making posts while he was there that didn't quite address him directly. Two, it was what I could think of, since the main point against me is lurking, to stay active within' the thread. Three, I don't know what point I planned to make for three, if any. But I just wanted to include the number three in here so eh. [/quote] - The reasons I got from this are 1) caught off guard at first, reaction changed over time, 2) Mimic has had pressure for a while so her post wasn’t in response to that, 3) needed to post more to not look like a lurker. None of these reasons make a lot of sense to me. - 1) Reaction changing could be a normal town response, but it could also be waffley. Not going to comment much on this, could mean anything. 2) I think the pressure on Mimic had definitely mounted between [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/forga/3279601/10#post_55270404]Ivory’s first response[/url] to Mimic’s scum-lean and [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/forga/3279601/12#post_55271258]the post in question[/url], since Mimic had a vote and rantoons had a vote and tension was high in the thread. More sus on Mimic at that point could have tipped the scales. 3) Ivory felt that the suspicion on them was random from lurking, but there are plenty of other players with less posts and less suspicion. I just haven’t seen much substance from Ivory yet. But I understand that Ivory doesn’t like to vote on a person’s vibe, so there could be less for them to talk about at that point in Day 1. - Everyone who has interacted with Ivory has placed them on some kind of scumlean ([url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/forga/3279601/10#post_55270628 ]rantoons[/url], [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/forga/3279601/12#post_55271273] Neil[/url], [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/forga/3279601/9#post_55270194]Mimic[/url]). Kinda wondering if this would be the case if they were actually scum, since someone would defend them or help them de-escalate if they had teammates. Ivory is the only elim target I am cautiously considering from Neil’s pool. I’d really like to see more from them, since all this might come to a difference in playstyles or forum mafia experience. They mentioned that they hadn't played forum mafia before n their intro. [/indent] I’d like to hear more from @ArtemisAgrotera, @Viskara, and @KungFuCutBug, since they have generally posted less while still being more involved than Fil or Draco. They all have taken clear stances on various discussion topics early on (D1 eliminations, Dilemma’s cult existence post). They have had some good back-and-forth with each other, Neil, rantoons, terrify, Dilemma, and Mimic, so there’s a wealth of connections to look at later when hunting for teams. However I don’t have a specific scumlean on any of them from what I’ve skimmed of their posts so far. I’ll do a more in-depth analysis later, especially of the many posts from Neil and rantoons. So don’t think I’m only squinting at low-posters (because I am guilty of low-posting too lol). All those posts are just more work than my fuzzy brain can handle tonight. Not sure if I'll be more sick tomorrow because of my horrible decision-making tonight, and if I am, I might not be around much. Now I'm sleep
Ok so it is way way way past my bedtime but I did want to respond to this before I sleep. Wouldn't be the first time I wrecked my sleep schedule over a game of mafia. ...And I probably shouldn't be doing this while I'm already sick.

Let's see if I have any semi-coherent thoughts.

I'll have to hold off on my all-player analysis because I am dead tired. Will try really hard to get it done before the end of D1.

Regarding just Neil's pool:
@Fil
- 3 posts. One of which was a quick intro when they were busy, the second was a question about cult win-cons, and the last was a catch-up question. So uh welcome back Fil! Neil has you as a potential elim target so we’re discussing that.

- Has no direct interaction with anyone, but Neil answered the question about cults and Cutbug answered the question about multi-ball.

- Artemis poked them about the sheepish nature of their first post, but they didn’t respond.
ArtemisAgrotera wrote on 2023-10-13 19:10:51:
Fil wrote on 2023-10-13 18:38:52:
Speaking of day 1 elims, I'm fairly ambivalent on it. If everyone's on board, I'm on board. Info is pretty valuable, and day 1 elim provides good talking points. However, this may change with some good argumentation and when I'm no longer tired.

This particular line is not the best look? I'm not sure why you'd start off the game announcing that you'll sheep

I don’t see much use in elimming this slot. Fil has had few interactions with anyone, so there would be little to gain in terms of discussion squinting after they are elimmed. They seem less like a lurker and more like a person who isn’t around at all. I don't want to eliminate Fil for Day 1.

@Draco1091
- 4 posts. An intro post and some shorter posts responding to others.

- Thought Day 1 was ending earlier than it actually did, which probably explains some of the lack of posting.

- Intro post didn’t ping me off, it seemed like she wanted to avoid town vs town elimination scenarios on day 1 which I agree with.

- Artemis asked why Draco was included in Neil’s D1 elim pool.

Overall, I’d like to see more from Draco. She said that she has some mafia experience, so I’d like to see her get involved with the discussion. Do more pushing and ask more questions. Draco doesn’t strike me as a good D1 elim because she doesn’t have many interactions with anyone, other than Neil and Artemis for being an elim target in the first place. We wouldn’t have any interesting conversations to sift through from this. I still have my eye on her for the future, because so far she hasn’t helped town much with her more empty posts.

@IvoryMist
- 10 posts. Mostly responding to some suspicion from Mimic and questions from Neil.

- Brought up the idea that cults are a neutral party with a survivor goal, rather than conversion. Kind of an odd take if you ask me, but cult speculation isn’t my focus here.
IvoryMist wrote on 2023-10-14 11:20:44:
Based on information I was given via my card, I have reason to hunt roles I can assume are present as they present a decent threat to the town. Granted all roles that aren't town are against it, whether they work with us or not. That being said, I also don't want to throw accusations and such around yet. I'd rather get something to work with, rather than trusting instinct or gut.
I’m not sure if it’s just because I don’t understand their wording, but this was kind of a non-answer to Mimic’s role hunting question?

- They scum-leaned Mimic once Mimic had a vote, after Mimic had already placed pressure on them. This isn’t terrible on its own, but their reasoning when pressed about this pinged me.
IvoryMist wrote on 2023-10-14 14:25:21:
I'm not entirely sure how I got dragged into mimics accusations. I've addressed it, but I feel he kind just threw a name in there who wasn't talking much and then said I was lurking. (Though I could see it, it just felt random since I hadn't addressed him much, if at all.) On the topic though, he strikes me the wrong way in giving up after being really aggressive (Not really a better way to phrase it). As from a townie standpoint, if I'm pushing for information, I've got a way to back myself up in case I'm counter-pushed. I find it strange that instead of stating a defense to seem more like a town lead, he gave up and laid back. Which feels scummy to me.
IvoryMist wrote on 2023-10-14 14:45:05:
Because I didn't (I'm really good at social, I promise)

In all honesty though, took me a bit to formulate my thoughts because it caught me off guard. Two points to make here, Mimic's had pressure on him for a while, it's not that hard to see. So me making a post now that there's pressure doesn't exactly makes sense due to me making posts while he was there that didn't quite address him directly. Two, it was what I could think of, since the main point against me is lurking, to stay active within' the thread. Three, I don't know what point I planned to make for three, if any. But I just wanted to include the number three in here so eh.
- The reasons I got from this are 1) caught off guard at first, reaction changed over time, 2) Mimic has had pressure for a while so her post wasn’t in response to that, 3) needed to post more to not look like a lurker. None of these reasons make a lot of sense to me.

- 1) Reaction changing could be a normal town response, but it could also be waffley. Not going to comment much on this, could mean anything. 2) I think the pressure on Mimic had definitely mounted between Ivory’s first response to Mimic’s scum-lean and the post in question, since Mimic had a vote and rantoons had a vote and tension was high in the thread. More sus on Mimic at that point could have tipped the scales. 3) Ivory felt that the suspicion on them was random from lurking, but there are plenty of other players with less posts and less suspicion. I just haven’t seen much substance from Ivory yet. But I understand that Ivory doesn’t like to vote on a person’s vibe, so there could be less for them to talk about at that point in Day 1.

- Everyone who has interacted with Ivory has placed them on some kind of scumlean (rantoons, Neil, Mimic). Kinda wondering if this would be the case if they were actually scum, since someone would defend them or help them de-escalate if they had teammates.

Ivory is the only elim target I am cautiously considering from Neil’s pool. I’d really like to see more from them, since all this might come to a difference in playstyles or forum mafia experience. They mentioned that they hadn't played forum mafia before n their intro.

I’d like to hear more from @ArtemisAgrotera, @Viskara, and @KungFuCutBug, since they have generally posted less while still being more involved than Fil or Draco. They all have taken clear stances on various discussion topics early on (D1 eliminations, Dilemma’s cult existence post). They have had some good back-and-forth with each other, Neil, rantoons, terrify, Dilemma, and Mimic, so there’s a wealth of connections to look at later when hunting for teams. However I don’t have a specific scumlean on any of them from what I’ve skimmed of their posts so far.

I’ll do a more in-depth analysis later, especially of the many posts from Neil and rantoons. So don’t think I’m only squinting at low-posters (because I am guilty of low-posting too lol). All those posts are just more work than my fuzzy brain can handle tonight. Not sure if I'll be more sick tomorrow because of my horrible decision-making tonight, and if I am, I might not be around much. Now I'm sleep
695328.png
- Xc
- she/they
- FR+0
- wishlist

words word280730.png694544.png693990.png
1 2 ... 14 15 16 17 18 ... 63 64