Back

Forum Games

Play word and forum games here.
TOPIC | Invasion on Polus [ DISCUSSION ] TOWNWIN
1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 63 64
oh also and by multiball i mean multiple evil factions ^^
general note to other ppl if i use confusing terms or ones you dont know/understand; feel free to ask i do not bite
oh also and by multiball i mean multiple evil factions ^^
general note to other ppl if i use confusing terms or ones you dont know/understand; feel free to ask i do not bite
neil
it/its + he/him
the comic sanser
p8qgXPn.gif [/url
@terrify

I am one of those players who have seen D1 elimination go wrong so many times and then the one who started it gets scrutinized if not targeted. Half of the times, a maf is behind it, if not an aggressive townie.

I have also adopted this stance like a bad habit due to the first group I've ever played forum mafia with. If the game starts on day one; try to fish info from each other and don't elim if there is not enough info to warrant one. It's a risky, but intellectual move to my old group and they get mighty suspicious if you push for a day one elim. Those guys can play each other's socks off and I was the newbie, jumping right in there and enjoying the havoc.

They could smell me if I was a mafia in their games. XD

On the subject of generating topic;

If we look at the action order ArtMajor has posted, we might be able to gleen possible roles others might have.

-Alignment conversion is probably the mentioned cult leader or a mafia capable of that for X-shots.
-Redirection is a possible bus driver role. It's a mafia role, usually.
-There is possibly a reviver and/or doctor/quack(mafia doctor).
-I know multiple killing and protection roles, so that's a bit broad.

What roles could be there? Let's all make guesses. We can speak of them or keep our mouths shut. It'll be info, all the same.
@terrify

I am one of those players who have seen D1 elimination go wrong so many times and then the one who started it gets scrutinized if not targeted. Half of the times, a maf is behind it, if not an aggressive townie.

I have also adopted this stance like a bad habit due to the first group I've ever played forum mafia with. If the game starts on day one; try to fish info from each other and don't elim if there is not enough info to warrant one. It's a risky, but intellectual move to my old group and they get mighty suspicious if you push for a day one elim. Those guys can play each other's socks off and I was the newbie, jumping right in there and enjoying the havoc.

They could smell me if I was a mafia in their games. XD

On the subject of generating topic;

If we look at the action order ArtMajor has posted, we might be able to gleen possible roles others might have.

-Alignment conversion is probably the mentioned cult leader or a mafia capable of that for X-shots.
-Redirection is a possible bus driver role. It's a mafia role, usually.
-There is possibly a reviver and/or doctor/quack(mafia doctor).
-I know multiple killing and protection roles, so that's a bit broad.

What roles could be there? Let's all make guesses. We can speak of them or keep our mouths shut. It'll be info, all the same.
https://pfq.link/TheMimic Visit my pokefarm, Please.
I have a discord for fanfic writers. Drop on by!
Fanfic chat
Heyo! I'm Draco and I go by she/her pronouns primarily, but I don't really care if anyone uses other pronouns. I am also +2 flight rising time.

I've played a couple mafia games with friends and online, but nothing too serious. Most of my mornings are swamped with classes, so I'm the most active in the afternoons and evenings. Also side note, @TheMimic1013, happy birthday!!!

On that note, to answer some of Polybius's icebreakers...

1. How are you FEELING right now?
I'm feeling pretty good, it's been a while since I last played any mafia game, so just getting my bearings back again.

2. Have you ever played multiball before?
Nope, I'm a sucker for traditional mafia, but I'm excited to try out multiball haha.

3 what is, in your opinion, your best asset to playing town?
Discussions are great! Trying to automatically accuse someone or stir up trouble is always bothersome! So keeping track of information known is probably the best asset, I think. Again, haven't played in a while tho!

4 We will have a d1 elimination. I will strongarm one if I have to. With that in mind, what are you looking out for for a d1 elim candidate?

Honestly, I don't really think I like d1 eliminations, since It's always bitten me back at the end of the time. Just not enough information, I feel like to make a sound call and if anything goes wrong, the blame falls on the accuser! But, if we had to I think pulling it to the most aggressive about voting someone out no matter what is what I'm looking for I guess!

With that out of the way, I am excited to play and chat! Let's have fun!
Heyo! I'm Draco and I go by she/her pronouns primarily, but I don't really care if anyone uses other pronouns. I am also +2 flight rising time.

I've played a couple mafia games with friends and online, but nothing too serious. Most of my mornings are swamped with classes, so I'm the most active in the afternoons and evenings. Also side note, @TheMimic1013, happy birthday!!!

On that note, to answer some of Polybius's icebreakers...

1. How are you FEELING right now?
I'm feeling pretty good, it's been a while since I last played any mafia game, so just getting my bearings back again.

2. Have you ever played multiball before?
Nope, I'm a sucker for traditional mafia, but I'm excited to try out multiball haha.

3 what is, in your opinion, your best asset to playing town?
Discussions are great! Trying to automatically accuse someone or stir up trouble is always bothersome! So keeping track of information known is probably the best asset, I think. Again, haven't played in a while tho!

4 We will have a d1 elimination. I will strongarm one if I have to. With that in mind, what are you looking out for for a d1 elim candidate?

Honestly, I don't really think I like d1 eliminations, since It's always bitten me back at the end of the time. Just not enough information, I feel like to make a sound call and if anything goes wrong, the blame falls on the accuser! But, if we had to I think pulling it to the most aggressive about voting someone out no matter what is what I'm looking for I guess!

With that out of the way, I am excited to play and chat! Let's have fun!
89336357_350.png
Also to answer @terrify's question that was directed at Polybus more than everybody else;

I am not as great at being mafia as I am town. I have a hard time lying naturally in life and I am trying to piece together something believable at the same time, making the task of appearing town twice as hard. I always make the most of the powers I get since I know that I see myself as the weak link.

I can surprise myself, though. I have made one of those Day 1 elims go wrong as a maf. I was shocked at how easy it was to do that and wondered how I was never suspected by anyone besides the dangerous neutral. This is another reason why I am usually against day 1 elims.

And as a dangerous third party, like serial killer or cannibal? I hardly win. I will make fun of the roles whenever possible to lighten the mood.
Also to answer @terrify's question that was directed at Polybus more than everybody else;

I am not as great at being mafia as I am town. I have a hard time lying naturally in life and I am trying to piece together something believable at the same time, making the task of appearing town twice as hard. I always make the most of the powers I get since I know that I see myself as the weak link.

I can surprise myself, though. I have made one of those Day 1 elims go wrong as a maf. I was shocked at how easy it was to do that and wondered how I was never suspected by anyone besides the dangerous neutral. This is another reason why I am usually against day 1 elims.

And as a dangerous third party, like serial killer or cannibal? I hardly win. I will make fun of the roles whenever possible to lighten the mood.
Fanfic chat
Okay everyone, I am going to bed but would like to say a few things.

1. My ability did not specifically mention cults, but the fact that my ability opposes alignment conversion (not getting more specific than this) implies that it’s going to have enough of a presence in this game that an ability was needed. We know that there’s multiple evil factions. Thus, cult. Of course, mafia might have role conversion abilities as well, but if they do, unless it’s a one shot we’re probably doomed. If they do have an alignment changing one shot, that doesn’t seem enough to justify my ability’s existence.

2. I won’t be surprised if more people have abilities opposing the cult. If you do, please don’t claim. Cult knowing I have an ability that involves them is bad enough, we can’t afford to give them any more information.
Okay everyone, I am going to bed but would like to say a few things.

1. My ability did not specifically mention cults, but the fact that my ability opposes alignment conversion (not getting more specific than this) implies that it’s going to have enough of a presence in this game that an ability was needed. We know that there’s multiple evil factions. Thus, cult. Of course, mafia might have role conversion abilities as well, but if they do, unless it’s a one shot we’re probably doomed. If they do have an alignment changing one shot, that doesn’t seem enough to justify my ability’s existence.

2. I won’t be surprised if more people have abilities opposing the cult. If you do, please don’t claim. Cult knowing I have an ability that involves them is bad enough, we can’t afford to give them any more information.
12475606.png87597622.png84500972.png83156440.png88684011.png56303576.png
I'm about to go to bed as well. Thanks for the birthday wishes, guys!
I'm about to go to bed as well. Thanks for the birthday wishes, guys!
Fanfic chat
(Sorry I'm late, I expected this to be later, and had stuff planned for today.)

Greetings. I am Ivory, I go by whatever you call me. I've played Mafia games such as Mafia.GG and Town of Salem. But other than that I've not really touched the forum based mafia games. I'm not sure if I'll be extremely active, but I should be on at least twice a day. Once in the morning, once at night.

For the Icebreakers, that I totally know how to answer and am not creating faux because I'm running on no sleep and using caffeine as a means to survive. @Polybius0147

1. I'm absolutely exhausted, typically I'm just tired but I'm a bit more then that right now.
2. I don't recognize the term Multiball, sorry.
3. I'm good at spelling and such, it's really hard to confuse what I'm saying in that sense.
4. Not picking favorites (Or least favorites) sorry, and I don't want to call anyone out.

With that being said, I'm probably gonna make my attempt to sleep. I wish you all well. I'll likely interact with you guys properly tomorrow, as now I have reason to be on flight rising, other than occasionally checking on you guys and worrying about my grandfather. (I also need to make sure my roleplay group is doing all right, but I'm not sure...)

Greetings. I am Ivory, I go by whatever you call me. I've played Mafia games such as Mafia.GG and Town of Salem. But other than that I've not really touched the forum based mafia games. I'm not sure if I'll be extremely active, but I should be on at least twice a day. Once in the morning, once at night.

For the Icebreakers, that I totally know how to answer and am not creating faux because I'm running on no sleep and using caffeine as a means to survive. @Polybius0147

1. I'm absolutely exhausted, typically I'm just tired but I'm a bit more then that right now.
3. I'm good at spelling and such, it's really hard to confuse what I'm saying in that sense.
4. Not picking favorites (Or least favorites) sorry, and I don't want to call anyone out.

With that being said, I'm probably gonna make my attempt to sleep. I wish you all well. I'll likely interact with you guys properly tomorrow, as now I have reason to be on flight rising, other than occasionally checking on you guys and worrying about my grandfather. (I also need to make sure my roleplay group is doing all right, but I'm not sure...)
Space was so Cool~
So Cool~
But it won't even live in a Memory
Universe Unspooled~
So Cruel~
To be Leaving with only a Melody~
OH RIGHT happy birthday mimic!!!!!!!!! waugh.

dilemma thats a pretty reasonable explanation i think. I do have to wonder about other sorts of alignment conversion but... running through the options cult does make the most sense. I think that this info at face value is probably enough to prevent you from being a D1 chop as well fmpov; though ill assume others may differ in this opinion.
OH RIGHT happy birthday mimic!!!!!!!!! waugh.

dilemma thats a pretty reasonable explanation i think. I do have to wonder about other sorts of alignment conversion but... running through the options cult does make the most sense. I think that this info at face value is probably enough to prevent you from being a D1 chop as well fmpov; though ill assume others may differ in this opinion.
neil
it/its + he/him
the comic sanser
p8qgXPn.gif [/url
[quote name="IvoryMist" date="2023-10-13 22:20:05" ] (Sorry I'm late, I expected this to be later, and had stuff planned for today.) Greetings. I am Ivory, I go by whatever you call me. I've played Mafia games such as Mafia.GG and Town of Salem. But other than that I've not really touched the forum based mafia games. I'm not sure if I'll be extremely active, but I should be on at least twice a day. Once in the morning, once at night. For the Icebreakers, that I totally know how to answer and am not creating faux because I'm running on no sleep and using caffeine as a means to survive. @/Polybius0147 1. I'm absolutely exhausted, typically I'm just tired but I'm a bit more then that right now. 2. I don't recognize the term Multiball, sorry. 3. I'm good at spelling and such, it's really hard to confuse what I'm saying in that sense. 4. Not picking favorites (Or least favorites) sorry, and I don't want to call anyone out. [/quote] [font=comic sans]oh nice, im also from mafia.gg ^^ for the record, multiball means multiple evil factions, and by d1 elim options i moreso mean what are you looking out for, not that you need to have a player in mind Right Now with no other info ^^. also dw this is mafia we can all take a lil' suspicion >:P [/font]
IvoryMist wrote on 2023-10-13 22:20:05:

For the Icebreakers, that I totally know how to answer and am not creating faux because I'm running on no sleep and using caffeine as a means to survive. @/Polybius0147

oh nice, im also from mafia.gg ^^
for the record, multiball means multiple evil factions, and by d1 elim options i moreso mean what are you looking out for, not that you need to have a player in mind Right Now with no other info ^^. also dw this is mafia we can all take a lil' suspicion >:P

neil
it/its + he/him
the comic sanser
p8qgXPn.gif [/url
What would be the wincon of cults anyway? I'm not familiar with cults in mafia. Are they like a second mafia or do they have separate wincon, like converting everybody into cultist or elminating someone specific.
What would be the wincon of cults anyway? I'm not familiar with cults in mafia. Are they like a second mafia or do they have separate wincon, like converting everybody into cultist or elminating someone specific.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I'm Fil but you can call me Dan.
Time: FR +15/+16
Offline during: 6:00-21:00 and 6:00-16:00
Fil.png
My Wattpad Account
My DeviantArt
The Unbuilt Void (God Game)
DGBpqSL.png
Fil is back in FR.
The Hero's Prophecy: Wattpad/Royal Road
1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 63 64