Back

Forum Games

Play word and forum games here.
TOPIC | Invasion on Polus [ DISCUSSION ] TOWNWIN
1 2 ... 10 11 12 13 14 ... 63 64
[font=comic sans] hey guys what's cookin- [img]https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/1147177159526465646/1162851241924239460/3w94cq-768x872-2224316171.png[/img] cool. anyway. couple of things. [/font] [quote name="TheMimic1013" date="2023-10-14 11:00:02" ] That means nothing, @/Polybus0147. Just like you not answering your own icebreaker questions. I worded it that way because I have made no claims and everyone will claim town eventually. The opportunity benefits me because I am town. Thank you for pinging my radar. I am sure that you are just an aggressive townie, but this is too suspicious for me. [/quote] [quote name="TheMimic1013" date="2023-10-14 11:01:49" ] I do think at least one, if not more, mafia is active, Neil. I do set up conversations to find one now and again. [/quote] [font=comic sans] :P. quick question that i feel compelled to ask, but are you ESL? Secondly, I'd rather my questions be answered even if it is an answer I'm dissapointed in or one I disagree with. I'm not currently pushing you for your scumslip, but I do find this agression when I *did* want to direct your focus and solving somewhere productive scummy. Aaaaand also, you literally don't know why I'm not asnwering my own questions. Yeah, sure my reasoning could be scum motivated, but that's not nothing regardless. Sit with me here in the grass. What potential reason would I have as scum to not answer these questions? What potential reason would I have as town to not answer these questions? And therein also lies an unspoken *yet*. I have pledged that I will, but in time. Use this to your analysis. And with your continued posts, you've stated that you think I'm... town regardless. Thus want me investigated? Would you not want an investigative to look on someone you have mixed feelings about? I also find your call to have yourself also investigated suspect. We know that there's a potential for b*stard roles in the game, and your call for an investigation reads... scummy with that in mind. You seem to have listed your SRs, of which I disagree with 2/3rds of them, but what about the trs you had mentioned earlier? [/font] [quote name="rantoons" date="2023-10-14 11:07:47" ] Why are YOU townreading Viskara? My reason for townreading you so far is that I find it so silly to make icebreaking questions, not answering and sticking with not answering which puts you in some pressure for what is possibly the most meaningless reason ever that I can't really imagine that being a play scum wants to make.[/quote] [font=comic sans] @rantoons how did you know that i was TRing Viskara??????????? help??? anyways ive liked her digging into the game. she has a lot of cautious optimisim that i think is more likely from a town perspective, and i appreciate her questioning me rather than just taking what im saying and running with it. otherwise, meh, guilty as charged, i think thats a decent observation. [/font]
hey guys what's cookin-
3w94cq-768x872-2224316171.png
cool.

anyway. couple of things.
TheMimic1013 wrote on 2023-10-14 11:00:02:
That means nothing, @/Polybus0147. Just like you not answering your own icebreaker questions.

I worded it that way because I have made no claims and everyone will claim town eventually. The opportunity benefits me because I am town.

Thank you for pinging my radar. I am sure that you are just an aggressive townie, but this is too suspicious for me.
TheMimic1013 wrote on 2023-10-14 11:01:49:
I do think at least one, if not more, mafia is active, Neil. I do set up conversations to find one now and again.

:P. quick question that i feel compelled to ask, but are you ESL? Secondly, I'd rather my questions be answered even if it is an answer I'm dissapointed in or one I disagree with. I'm not currently pushing you for your scumslip, but I do find this agression when I *did* want to direct your focus and solving somewhere productive scummy.
Aaaaand also, you literally don't know why I'm not asnwering my own questions. Yeah, sure my reasoning could be scum motivated, but that's not nothing regardless. Sit with me here in the grass. What potential reason would I have as scum to not answer these questions? What potential reason would I have as town to not answer these questions? And therein also lies an unspoken *yet*. I have pledged that I will, but in time. Use this to your analysis.

And with your continued posts, you've stated that you think I'm... town regardless. Thus want me investigated? Would you not want an investigative to look on someone you have mixed feelings about? I also find your call to have yourself also investigated suspect. We know that there's a potential for b*stard roles in the game, and your call for an investigation reads... scummy with that in mind.

You seem to have listed your SRs, of which I disagree with 2/3rds of them, but what about the trs you had mentioned earlier?

rantoons wrote on 2023-10-14 11:07:47:
Why are YOU townreading Viskara?

My reason for townreading you so far is that I find it so silly to make icebreaking questions, not answering and sticking with not answering which puts you in some pressure for what is possibly the most meaningless reason ever that I can't really imagine that being a play scum wants to make.

@rantoons how did you know that i was TRing Viskara??????????? help???
anyways ive liked her digging into the game. she has a lot of cautious optimisim that i think is more likely from a town perspective, and i appreciate her questioning me rather than just taking what im saying and running with it.

otherwise, meh, guilty as charged, i think thats a decent observation.
neil
it/its + he/him
the comic sanser
p8qgXPn.gif [/url
Was busy with real life stuff most of today, so sorry for going quiet for a while. I’m going to look through everything that’s been posted so far and try to get a few reads.
Was busy with real life stuff most of today, so sorry for going quiet for a while. I’m going to look through everything that’s been posted so far and try to get a few reads.
12475606.png87597622.png84500972.png83156440.png88684011.png56303576.png
Quote:
I can definitely see the OMGUS vibes from Mimic but I feel like maf would defend themselves more instead of just saying "vote me out then". Could be an act out of spite, but I dunno. I'm a bit torn, I'll probably turn to isoing everyone pretty soon to get my thoughts together.

But first I head to bed :)

You might be right.

On the other hand, I have given Mimic several opportunities to explain their mindset as of now and they've failed to do so. Even after my vote, they don't seem to be willing to explain or justify any of those pings, or answer to my one (I think) simple question.

I think some early pressure is good for this slot.

(I also think Mimic was caught off guard and that's why they didn't really defend themselves because they were not prepared to, regardless of it being towny or scummy)
Quote:
I can definitely see the OMGUS vibes from Mimic but I feel like maf would defend themselves more instead of just saying "vote me out then". Could be an act out of spite, but I dunno. I'm a bit torn, I'll probably turn to isoing everyone pretty soon to get my thoughts together.

You might be right.

On the other hand, I have given Mimic several opportunities to explain their mindset as of now and they've failed to do so. Even after my vote, they don't seem to be willing to explain or justify any of those pings, or answer to my one (I think) simple question.

I think some early pressure is good for this slot.

(I also think Mimic was caught off guard and that's why they didn't really defend themselves because they were not prepared to, regardless of it being towny or scummy)
[quote name="TheMimic1013" date="2023-10-14 13:48:01" ] [quote name="Viskara" date="2023-10-14 13:38:11" ] I can definitely see the OMGUS vibes from Mimic but I feel like maf would defend themselves more instead of just saying "vote me out then". Could be an act out of spite, but I dunno. I'm a bit torn, I'll probably turn to isoing everyone pretty soon to get my thoughts together. But first I head to bed :) [/quote] Part of it is spite(it's times like these I want to be a vig). Another part is apparently some players don't consider that mental conditions(autism/ADHD) can be a factor in this game and too much grilling/tunneling can cause a meltdown? The final part was to see their reaction. If they didn't stop to think like you did, then something's fishy. I basically laid out a trap from spite. I'm convinced rantoons is not town. [/quote] [font=comic sans] at risk of sounding extremely callous; i dont understand why you think that AtE would be a sound defense there. I get it, being tunneled and SR is hard and annoying and Doubly so when you're town, but the way you stop getting tunneled is by being towny. Simple as that. And falling into AtE like that, especially there when there's a lack of real thread pressure on your slot reads moreso like a scum slot to me. There is No reasoning that says mafia cannot appeal to emotion, and that you cannot be mafia for daring to do so. And I don't really like the assesment that this is all on rantoons for.. what? not being considerate of your feelings? Townmembers have hurt me more than scum have in that regard fme. It's not an inherently towny or scummy trait to have compassion or empathy, and I dislike the implication that it is AI. Regardless, if you need a break from thread, by all means, you should go for it, but this kinda... helps no-one? meh [/font]
TheMimic1013 wrote on 2023-10-14 13:48:01:
Viskara wrote on 2023-10-14 13:38:11:

Part of it is spite(it's times like these I want to be a vig). Another part is apparently some players don't consider that mental conditions(autism/ADHD) can be a factor in this game and too much grilling/tunneling can cause a meltdown? The final part was to see their reaction. If they didn't stop to think like you did, then something's fishy.

I basically laid out a trap from spite. I'm convinced rantoons is not town.

at risk of sounding extremely callous; i dont understand why you think that AtE would be a sound defense there. I get it, being tunneled and SR is hard and annoying and Doubly so when you're town, but the way you stop getting tunneled is by being towny. Simple as that. And falling into AtE like that, especially there when there's a lack of real thread pressure on your slot reads moreso like a scum slot to me. There is No reasoning that says mafia cannot appeal to emotion, and that you cannot be mafia for daring to do so.

And I don't really like the assesment that this is all on rantoons for.. what? not being considerate of your feelings? Townmembers have hurt me more than scum have in that regard fme. It's not an inherently towny or scummy trait to have compassion or empathy, and I dislike the implication that it is AI.

Regardless, if you need a break from thread, by all means, you should go for it, but this kinda... helps no-one? meh
neil
it/its + he/him
the comic sanser
p8qgXPn.gif [/url
Viskara said that and I need to get myself used to linking the original post + author whenever I quote people...
Viskara said that and I need to get myself used to linking the original post + author whenever I quote people...
[quote name="rantoons" date="2023-10-14 14:19:26" ] Viskara said that and I need to get myself used to linking the original post + author whenever I quote people... [/quote] [font=comic sans] the quote post button is right there- [/font]
rantoons wrote on 2023-10-14 14:19:26:
the quote post button is right there-
neil
it/its + he/him
the comic sanser
p8qgXPn.gif [/url
I'm not entirely sure how I got dragged into mimics accusations. I've addressed it, but I feel he kind just threw a name in there who wasn't talking much and then said I was lurking. (Though I could see it, it just felt random since I hadn't addressed him much, if at all.) On the topic though, he strikes me the wrong way in giving up after being really aggressive (Not really a better way to phrase it). As from a townie standpoint, if I'm pushing for information, I've got a way to back myself up in case I'm counter-pushed. I find it strange that instead of stating a defense to seem more like a town lead, he gave up and laid back. Which feels scummy to me.
I'm not entirely sure how I got dragged into mimics accusations. I've addressed it, but I feel he kind just threw a name in there who wasn't talking much and then said I was lurking. (Though I could see it, it just felt random since I hadn't addressed him much, if at all.) On the topic though, he strikes me the wrong way in giving up after being really aggressive (Not really a better way to phrase it). As from a townie standpoint, if I'm pushing for information, I've got a way to back myself up in case I'm counter-pushed. I find it strange that instead of stating a defense to seem more like a town lead, he gave up and laid back. Which feels scummy to me.
Space was so Cool~
So Cool~
But it won't even live in a Memory
Universe Unspooled~
So Cruel~
To be Leaving with only a Melody~
eh to be fair to mimic, im also not the biggest fan of your slot atm and i think the reasoning that she gave was pretty reasonable wrt her assumptions there.
eh to be fair to mimic, im also not the biggest fan of your slot atm and i think the reasoning that she gave was pretty reasonable wrt her assumptions there.
neil
it/its + he/him
the comic sanser
p8qgXPn.gif [/url
@Polybius0147 ESL? trs? I need you to elaborate on those abbreviations.

And I do ask investigators to check my suspicions in a lot of the games I play. I have never seen asking an investigator to confirm me or my suspects as a scummy move. I do not ask them to speak up, either, as that's their decision. I have also coordinated with townies in a past game or two targets to gain info from or who to attack.

@rantoons AND HOW DOES ONE EXPLAIN THAT IT'S INTINCTS AND NOTHING MORE?!

You know what? I should just stick to hosting games and retire from playing Mafia for good. I can’t cool down, even though I had gave a warning in my intro.
@Polybius0147 ESL? trs? I need you to elaborate on those abbreviations.

And I do ask investigators to check my suspicions in a lot of the games I play. I have never seen asking an investigator to confirm me or my suspects as a scummy move. I do not ask them to speak up, either, as that's their decision. I have also coordinated with townies in a past game or two targets to gain info from or who to attack.

@rantoons AND HOW DOES ONE EXPLAIN THAT IT'S INTINCTS AND NOTHING MORE?!

You know what? I should just stick to hosting games and retire from playing Mafia for good. I can’t cool down, even though I had gave a warning in my intro.
https://pfq.link/TheMimic Visit my pokefarm, Please.
I have a discord for fanfic writers. Drop on by!
Fanfic chat
[quote name="TheMimic1013" date="2023-10-14 13:48:01" ] [quote name="Viskara" date="2023-10-14 13:38:11" ] I can definitely see the OMGUS vibes from Mimic but I feel like maf would defend themselves more instead of just saying "vote me out then". Could be an act out of spite, but I dunno. I'm a bit torn, I'll probably turn to isoing everyone pretty soon to get my thoughts together. But first I head to bed :) [/quote] Part of it is spite(it's times like these I want to be a vig). Another part is apparently some players don't consider that mental conditions(autism/ADHD) can be a factor in this game and too much grilling/tunneling can cause a meltdown? The final part was to see their reaction. If they didn't stop to think like you did, then something's fishy. I basically laid out a trap from spite. I'm convinced rantoons is not town. [/quote] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/forga/3279601/11#post_55271038]Post from Mimic[/url] With all due respect, all I ever did was say I am suspecting you and the reasons why, as well as asking you 2 questions. You should be able to handle that much at the very least. I don't think your argument about having a meltdown is valid in that regard. AtE arguments are generally something I frown upon. If I were being disrespectful or unecessarily pushy, I'd understand it but I am merely voicing my thoughts on you and trying to find you, because I can accept that your playstyle is just so different that it doesn't compute with me and I want to know if that is the case or not. But by going defensive immediatly and OMGUS you don't allow me to see if this is the case or not. You only make a bad look for yourself and it doesn't help in you reading me, me reading you, or others reading any of us. If I am scum, prove it and say what have I been doing that is in scum's benefit. You can't because we're like 100 posts in which is more of a callout for you to understand to calm down and evaluate your situation appropriately. Go cool off if you need to. Come back and analyse the situation critically. Am I scum or am I simply trying to figure you out?
TheMimic1013 wrote on 2023-10-14 13:48:01:
Viskara wrote on 2023-10-14 13:38:11:

Part of it is spite(it's times like these I want to be a vig). Another part is apparently some players don't consider that mental conditions(autism/ADHD) can be a factor in this game and too much grilling/tunneling can cause a meltdown? The final part was to see their reaction. If they didn't stop to think like you did, then something's fishy.

I basically laid out a trap from spite. I'm convinced rantoons is not town.

Post from Mimic

With all due respect, all I ever did was say I am suspecting you and the reasons why, as well as asking you 2 questions. You should be able to handle that much at the very least.

I don't think your argument about having a meltdown is valid in that regard. AtE arguments are generally something I frown upon. If I were being disrespectful or unecessarily pushy, I'd understand it but I am merely voicing my thoughts on you and trying to find you, because I can accept that your playstyle is just so different that it doesn't compute with me and I want to know if that is the case or not.

But by going defensive immediatly and OMGUS you don't allow me to see if this is the case or not. You only make a bad look for yourself and it doesn't help in you reading me, me reading you, or others reading any of us.

If I am scum, prove it and say what have I been doing that is in scum's benefit. You can't because we're like 100 posts in which is more of a callout for you to understand to calm down and evaluate your situation appropriately. Go cool off if you need to. Come back and analyse the situation critically. Am I scum or am I simply trying to figure you out?
1 2 ... 10 11 12 13 14 ... 63 64