Back

Forum Games

Play word and forum games here.
TOPIC | [ENDED] Suspended Disbelief - Discussion
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 58 59
Wait I remembered, you’re stromdreame.
Wait I remembered, you’re stromdreame.
1. What’s your time zone? Whichever time zone it is where this is ten AM. xD Eastern Standard? I think?

2. What pronouns do you prefer? She/her

3. How’s your activity, will you be online all the time or will you only have a few posts each day? I'll be as active as I can be, but expect an activity spike after Friday (my Human Geography exam and the end of lifeguarding class)!

4. What do you think about newbies? I was once a newbie, and as I write this, my skills are probably rusty. I say newbies are okay, but shouldn't get a pass on extra scummy behavior.

5. What do you think about sheeping? Argghhh... I hate it when people sheep. Hate it with a passion. At best, they're useless town. Unless there's a good scum candidate, kill 'em first.

6. What do you think about lurking? I hate that, too. See above thoughts on sheeping.

7. What do you think about inactivity? It's okay, unless there's a good reason for it that's been stated before. Mod will probably kill off these, so we don't need to lynch 'em.

Also... something to know about me... I fluff sometimes, but I prefer to get down to business right away. ALWAYS LYNCH! :D

And with that, let's get started. Give me a minute to analyze people's posts so far.
1. What’s your time zone? Whichever time zone it is where this is ten AM. xD Eastern Standard? I think?

2. What pronouns do you prefer? She/her

3. How’s your activity, will you be online all the time or will you only have a few posts each day? I'll be as active as I can be, but expect an activity spike after Friday (my Human Geography exam and the end of lifeguarding class)!

4. What do you think about newbies? I was once a newbie, and as I write this, my skills are probably rusty. I say newbies are okay, but shouldn't get a pass on extra scummy behavior.

5. What do you think about sheeping? Argghhh... I hate it when people sheep. Hate it with a passion. At best, they're useless town. Unless there's a good scum candidate, kill 'em first.

6. What do you think about lurking? I hate that, too. See above thoughts on sheeping.

7. What do you think about inactivity? It's okay, unless there's a good reason for it that's been stated before. Mod will probably kill off these, so we don't need to lynch 'em.

Also... something to know about me... I fluff sometimes, but I prefer to get down to business right away. ALWAYS LYNCH! :D

And with that, let's get started. Give me a minute to analyze people's posts so far.
16if4Z5.pngENTP- True Neutral- she/her- +3 FR time
Okay, first things first, I'm pretty sure that this is my first game with @Tynnk, so I don't know if this is their regular playing style, but I'm getting a weird gut feeling about them. First, they make a questionnaire that is focused on activity levels. Again, I don't know if things have changed, but back in my day, (*cracks back and grumbles about my old bones*) I seem to remember questionnaires being different from this. Definitely less focused on 'what do you guys think is suspicious' stuff. I don't know, I feel like this could be scum attempting to form the least suspicious gameplay method. Maybe that's just me being paranoid, but hey, that's the game. [quote name="Tynnk" date="2018-05-22 02:35:39" ] Hmm, let’s start with some questions, 1. What’s your time zone? 2. What pronouns do you prefer? 3. [b]How’s your activity, will you be online all the time or will you only have a few posts each day?[/b] 4. What do you think about newbies? 5. [b]What do you think about sheeping? [/b] 6. [b]What do you think about lurking?[/b] 7. [b]What do you think about inactivity?[/b] Sorry if it’s too long... you don’t have to answer everything, I just fell in love of making surveys after modding a game:b [/quote] Not only this, but Tynnk expresses reluctance to answer[b] their own survey[/b]. This tells me that the purpose of throwing the survey out there was to gain information on other players. [quote name="Tynnk" date="2018-05-22 04:06:30" ] [b]Do I have to answer my own survey? [/b]It seems like a headache to type out that whole chunk of words, @tanglefire I admire your effort, [/quote] You may be thinking, 'Why, yes, Magykal, isn't that the whole point of surveys?'. Simply speaking... yes. But in its most innocent form, a survey should be to collect [i]and[/i] give information (such as time zones) that can help the game move faster. Again, I'm not sure. This might just be a baseless Magykal gut feeling. We should think about other players to lynch, as well. [s]Sorry for all the crazy rambling, I just enjoy sussing people immediately. More to come as I read everyone else's posts. Is this one of the games where you can't post twice in a row? O.o I forgot.[/s]
Okay, first things first, I'm pretty sure that this is my first game with @Tynnk, so I don't know if this is their regular playing style, but I'm getting a weird gut feeling about them.

First, they make a questionnaire that is focused on activity levels. Again, I don't know if things have changed, but back in my day, (*cracks back and grumbles about my old bones*) I seem to remember questionnaires being different from this. Definitely less focused on 'what do you guys think is suspicious' stuff. I don't know, I feel like this could be scum attempting to form the least suspicious gameplay method. Maybe that's just me being paranoid, but hey, that's the game.
Tynnk wrote on 2018-05-22 02:35:39:
Hmm, let’s start with some questions,

1. What’s your time zone?

2. What pronouns do you prefer?

3. How’s your activity, will you be online all the time or will you only have a few posts each day?

4. What do you think about newbies?

5. What do you think about sheeping?

6. What do you think about lurking?

7. What do you think about inactivity?

Sorry if it’s too long... you don’t have to answer everything, I just fell in love of making surveys after modding a game:b

Not only this, but Tynnk expresses reluctance to answer their own survey. This tells me that the purpose of throwing the survey out there was to gain information on other players.
Tynnk wrote on 2018-05-22 04:06:30:
Do I have to answer my own survey? It seems like a headache to type out that whole chunk of words, @tanglefire I admire your effort,

You may be thinking, 'Why, yes, Magykal, isn't that the whole point of surveys?'. Simply speaking... yes. But in its most innocent form, a survey should be to collect and give information (such as time zones) that can help the game move faster.

Again, I'm not sure. This might just be a baseless Magykal gut feeling. We should think about other players to lynch, as well. Sorry for all the crazy rambling, I just enjoy sussing people immediately. More to come as I read everyone else's posts. Is this one of the games where you can't post twice in a row? O.o I forgot.
[quote name="Tynnk" date="2018-05-22 05:14:52" ] *currently being very hyped about having people answering my questions* Anyways, I guess there’s no escape, if I asked questions, I should be prepared to answer them. Ok, so I’m in FR +15/16 depending on the annoying summer time thing, same as tanglefire and stormdreamer, you can call me he, she, it, they, I, you, whatever you want, as long as you make it clear that it’s me, I have school but I sneak to fr at school and so does tangle but apart from mornings and nights, I’m online when you guys are sleeping and I’m offline when you guys are typing, that’s probably one of the reasons I have loads of fluff spam posts since when you guys are all sleeping, nothing new comes up, but I’m bored here. I guess the only person that benefits from a “rare” time zone is the mod since they can carry their whatsoever work undisturbed... Enough of self intro, so here are my points: Newbies, welcome! [b]I asked this question to see if there are any newbie discriminators[/b], looks like there aren’t! So, @/newbies (yes I know someone called newbies) don’t sheep and don’t lurk and try to learn if you don’t want scum to win! If you don’t know how to play, you’re more than welcome to ask us! We are very nice and helpful people! Sleeping is fine but sheeping is not, @/sheepers [b]I’m not discriminating you[/b] or something I know that you are new and can’t find someone suspicious, and that you want to lynch someone and see them die, but the point of a mafia game is not to see people die (though it’s fun) but it’s to hunt out the scums and kill them, if you just followed the bandwagon, firstly, if it’s initiated by the scums, you’ll end up being their puppet, which is not fun, secondly, it’ll make you seem scummy and gives scum an excuse to lynch you, so for your precious lives and for the lives of others, please don’t sheep. So, here’s my advise (I know I’m still kinda a newbie but oh well), go through the posts (yes it’s time consuming) and find anything suspicious about someone, by suspicious, there isn’t any real definition, but there are a few things you keep in mind, firstly, see if the posts make sense, I mean, other than pgos (looking at stormdreamer), who would lie about their posts a lot? Secondly, think in a town’s point of view, do their posts seem to think like a town? (Credits to people playing my game, I learnt a lot from modding, seriously, I strongly advise you guys to not be scared and mod a game, you’ll learn a lot from that) even if you don’t have evidence, you can rely on your guts, sometimes, you think that someone seems scummy but can’t think of why, probably, your brain already processed it for you without you knowing! Lurking, first, define lurking, lurking means you’re playing fr, posting on other forums, you have time, but you just aren’t posting here. Very probably, they aren’t mafia, maybe it’s just me being inexperienced, but I haven’t seen much Mafia lurkers, but it doesn’t mean that lurking is alright! Here’s why, firstly, lurking makes you impossible to read, which will waste our time, also, you’ll make people so annoyed that they want to lynch you, and you won’t be happy if you’re dead (unless you’re jester) also, our lynches are limited, we only have one lynch each day, why waste the lynch on you when we could lynch a mafia? Inactivity, it basically means you not getting on fr at all, I don’t blame you for inactivity as much as lurking, I do understand that some real life problems come in your way, but please, be responsible, if you know that you aren’t going to be free, don’t sign up in the first place! It’s a responsibility! Secondly, maybe you had something happening suddenly after you sign up, then don’t just leave without a word, apply for a sub! It won’t take more than a minute to give the mod a pm. Anyways, either way, it gives the mod a headache, especially when there are no subs left. Sorry for my chunk of words, originally, I decided to only have a few lines, but I ended up with paragraphs and paragraphs of nonsense, oh well... Some of my advice might be wrong, @/experienced players please correct me if I’m wrong, thanks. [/quote] Also, while we're at the whole Tynnk thing (sorry I'm sussing you, you've posted the most, so that gives the Wagykal more Magykal ammo. Thank you for being active!), it may be worth noticing the hint of fear of offending people in this post. Is that scummy? We'll see. [quote name="@Person" date="2018-05-22 05:17:18" ] Hi all! I'm Person, I don't really care what pronouns you use for me, She/they works, but if you call me he I won't get too up in arms about it. I'm fr +3 I do work abou 3 to 4 das a week, so there will be 8-12 hour chunks that I'll be missing but I'll rule and catch up on breaks and whatnot. I know one day I'm working 16 hours so I'll let you know when that's going on, but otherwise I'll be here pretty often. I'm somewhat of a newbie myself, and I know the mistakes I've made and how it can be made harder for the rest of the players to tell if someone being a newb is actually just a newb or if they're ring scummy. Of course sheeting is bad, it's an easy way for he mafia to control what's ping and and peoples perception. On lurking, I have a tendency to do that on accident, just because I've never been too outspoken even in regular forums, but I will be trying to make sure I get my ideas out there and not be too quiet. With other people I find it kind of sis, but it's not the number one thing because I know that for some it can be a personality thing. If you aren't using it as a [b]mafia game strategy[/b] you aren't being useful, so overall I think it's a good way to weed people out of there aren't any really scummy vibes Also, note, I'm usually on mobile so sorry for any weirdness in autocorrect or formatting if I don catch it. [/quote] [s]Lurking ain't a strategy unless you're the Mafia[/s] [quote name="@thatonespeedster" date="2018-05-22 05:22:47" ] HELLO EVERYONE IM SPEEDY or if you want to be like stormdreame im thatonespeedste. 1. What’s your time zone? FR+0 2. What pronouns do you prefer? she/her or they/them both work 3. How’s your activity, will you be online all the time or will you only have a few posts each day? Usually im online a lot, however due to finals i'm slightly more inactive from 800-1400. Those end tomorrow, though. I'm also gone from 2000-530 4. What do you think about newbies? They're newbies, nothing to be ashamed of, we were all them once. Just help 'em out is what i say 5. What do you think about sheeping? [b]sheeping is bad. have a reason to back you up. [/b] 6. What do you think about lurking? lurking is bad. dont do it. ive been guilty of it. 7. What do you think about inactivity? i mean, it happens. let the mod know at least. [/quote] ... You say without a reason to back you up. Why do you think that about lurking and sheeping? I think that when you just agree with everyone else that sheeping is bad, that's sheeping in and of itself. xD Okay, that's it. I'm going to go take a final exam, and then I'll be back. :P
Tynnk wrote on 2018-05-22 05:14:52:
*currently being very hyped about having people answering my questions*
Anyways, I guess there’s no escape, if I asked questions, I should be prepared to answer them.
Ok, so
I’m in FR +15/16 depending on the annoying summer time thing, same as tanglefire and stormdreamer, you can call me he, she, it, they, I, you, whatever you want, as long as you make it clear that it’s me, I have school but I sneak to fr at school and so does tangle but apart from mornings and nights, I’m online when you guys are sleeping and I’m offline when you guys are typing, that’s probably one of the reasons I have loads of fluff spam posts since when you guys are all sleeping, nothing new comes up, but I’m bored here. I guess the only person that benefits from a “rare” time zone is the mod since they can carry their whatsoever work undisturbed...

Enough of self intro, so here are my points:

Newbies, welcome! I asked this question to see if there are any newbie discriminators, looks like there aren’t! So, @/newbies (yes I know someone called newbies) don’t sheep and don’t lurk and try to learn if you don’t want scum to win! If you don’t know how to play, you’re more than welcome to ask us! We are very nice and helpful people!

Sleeping is fine but sheeping is not, @/sheepers I’m not discriminating you or something I know that you are new and can’t find someone suspicious, and that you want to lynch someone and see them die, but the point of a mafia game is not to see people die (though it’s fun) but it’s to hunt out the scums and kill them, if you just followed the bandwagon, firstly, if it’s initiated by the scums, you’ll end up being their puppet, which is not fun, secondly, it’ll make you seem scummy and gives scum an excuse to lynch you, so for your precious lives and for the lives of others, please don’t sheep.
So, here’s my advise (I know I’m still kinda a newbie but oh well), go through the posts (yes it’s time consuming) and find anything suspicious about someone, by suspicious, there isn’t any real definition, but there are a few things you keep in mind, firstly, see if the posts make sense, I mean, other than pgos (looking at stormdreamer), who would lie about their posts a lot? Secondly, think in a town’s point of view, do their posts seem to think like a town? (Credits to people playing my game, I learnt a lot from modding, seriously, I strongly advise you guys to not be scared and mod a game, you’ll learn a lot from that) even if you don’t have evidence, you can rely on your guts, sometimes, you think that someone seems scummy but can’t think of why, probably, your brain already processed it for you without you knowing!

Lurking, first, define lurking, lurking means you’re playing fr, posting on other forums, you have time, but you just aren’t posting here. Very probably, they aren’t mafia, maybe it’s just me being inexperienced, but I haven’t seen much Mafia lurkers, but it doesn’t mean that lurking is alright! Here’s why, firstly, lurking makes you impossible to read, which will waste our time, also, you’ll make people so annoyed that they want to lynch you, and you won’t be happy if you’re dead (unless you’re jester) also, our lynches are limited, we only have one lynch each day, why waste the lynch on you when we could lynch a mafia?

Inactivity, it basically means you not getting on fr at all, I don’t blame you for inactivity as much as lurking, I do understand that some real life problems come in your way, but please, be responsible, if you know that you aren’t going to be free, don’t sign up in the first place! It’s a responsibility! Secondly, maybe you had something happening suddenly after you sign up, then don’t just leave without a word, apply for a sub! It won’t take more than a minute to give the mod a pm. Anyways, either way, it gives the mod a headache, especially when there are no subs left.

Sorry for my chunk of words, originally, I decided to only have a few lines, but I ended up with paragraphs and paragraphs of nonsense, oh well...
Some of my advice might be wrong, @/experienced players please correct me if I’m wrong, thanks.

Also, while we're at the whole Tynnk thing (sorry I'm sussing you, you've posted the most, so that gives the Wagykal more Magykal ammo. Thank you for being active!), it may be worth noticing the hint of fear of offending people in this post. Is that scummy? We'll see.
@Person wrote on 2018-05-22 05:17:18:
Hi all! I'm Person, I don't really care what pronouns you use for me, She/they works, but if you call me he I won't get too up in arms about it.

I'm fr +3

I do work abou 3 to 4 das a week, so there will be 8-12 hour chunks that I'll be missing but I'll rule and catch up on breaks and whatnot. I know one day I'm working 16 hours so I'll let you know when that's going on, but otherwise I'll be here pretty often.

I'm somewhat of a newbie myself, and I know the mistakes I've made and how it can be made harder for the rest of the players to tell if someone being a newb is actually just a newb or if they're ring scummy.

Of course sheeting is bad, it's an easy way for he mafia to control what's ping and and peoples perception.

On lurking, I have a tendency to do that on accident, just because I've never been too outspoken even in regular forums, but I will be trying to make sure I get my ideas out there and not be too quiet. With other people I find it kind of sis, but it's not the number one thing because I know that for some it can be a personality thing.

If you aren't using it as a mafia game strategy you aren't being useful, so overall I think it's a good way to weed people out of there aren't any really scummy vibes

Also, note, I'm usually on mobile so sorry for any weirdness in autocorrect or formatting if I don catch it.

Lurking ain't a strategy unless you're the Mafia
@thatonespeedster wrote on 2018-05-22 05:22:47:
HELLO EVERYONE IM SPEEDY or if you want to be like stormdreame im thatonespeedste.

1. What’s your time zone?
FR+0

2. What pronouns do you prefer?
she/her or they/them both work

3. How’s your activity, will you be online all the time or will you only have a few posts each day?
Usually im online a lot, however due to finals i'm slightly more inactive from 800-1400. Those end tomorrow, though. I'm also gone from 2000-530

4. What do you think about newbies?
They're newbies, nothing to be ashamed of, we were all them once. Just help 'em out is what i say

5. What do you think about sheeping?
sheeping is bad. have a reason to back you up.

6. What do you think about lurking?
lurking is bad. dont do it. ive been guilty of it.

7. What do you think about inactivity?
i mean, it happens. let the mod know at least.

... You say without a reason to back you up. Why do you think that about lurking and sheeping? I think that when you just agree with everyone else that sheeping is bad, that's sheeping in and of itself. xD

Okay, that's it. I'm going to go take a final exam, and then I'll be back. :P
@MagykalWagykal
I am more under the impression of Tynk was just trying to get the ball rolling. I, for right now, am going to keep an open mind about them for now, as it seems you are doing as well. We haven't heard from a majority of the people yet. It would be interesting to hear @Tynnk s reasoning for not being keen on answering their survey.
@MagykalWagykal
I am more under the impression of Tynk was just trying to get the ball rolling. I, for right now, am going to keep an open mind about them for now, as it seems you are doing as well. We haven't heard from a majority of the people yet. It would be interesting to hear @Tynnk s reasoning for not being keen on answering their survey.
they/them viU0KTO.png
Ahh, double post, am I allowed to delete?
Ahh, double post, am I allowed to delete?
they/them viU0KTO.png
And yeah, @magykalwagykal the point I was making is if you lurk you're either scum or unhelpful, so either way it's bad
And yeah, @magykalwagykal the point I was making is if you lurk you're either scum or unhelpful, so either way it's bad
they/them viU0KTO.png
[quote name="@Person" date="2018-05-22 07:46:43" ] @/MagykalWagykal I am more under the impression of Tynnk was just trying to get the ball rolling. I, for right now, am going to keep an open mind about them for now, as it seems you are doing as well. We haven't heard from a majority of the people yet. It would be interesting to hear @/Tynnk s reasoning for not being keen on answering their survey. [/quote] Yeah, that might've been the case. xD We should wait for more evidence, the end of the day, and/or a scummier person (no pun intended) to come along. I think it'll be interesting to examine the posts of everyone else once they arrive, and to see Tynnk's reply.
@Person wrote on 2018-05-22 07:46:43:
@/MagykalWagykal
I am more under the impression of Tynnk was just trying to get the ball rolling. I, for right now, am going to keep an open mind about them for now, as it seems you are doing as well. We haven't heard from a majority of the people yet. It would be interesting to hear @/Tynnk s reasoning for not being keen on answering their survey.

Yeah, that might've been the case. xD We should wait for more evidence, the end of the day, and/or a scummier person (no pun intended) to come along. I think it'll be interesting to examine the posts of everyone else once they arrive, and to see Tynnk's reply.
@Person
You may delete double posts. <3
@Person
You may delete double posts. <3
jghAv2V.png
@StormDreamer

...The mod is watching us. xD Have you been reading over our shoulders this whole time? :P
@StormDreamer

...The mod is watching us. xD Have you been reading over our shoulders this whole time? :P
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 58 59