Forum Games

Play word and forum games here.
TOPIC | [ENDED] Suspended Disbelief - Discussion
1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 58 59
What are those other reasons?
What are those other reasons?
they/them viU0KTO.png
Oooofph I forgot that hey yeah the game has started
Gotta go back and analyze the last five pages “:)

Goodnight Tynnk!
Oooofph I forgot that hey yeah the game has started
Gotta go back and analyze the last five pages “:)

Goodnight Tynnk!
light.gif
Knick -- busy student -- FR+3
Just a gal tryin to gene up her kids and collect familiars, whenever schoolwork permits. I like cats, folk music, and rain. Always up for a chat!
ZwVaRtj.gif
@Person
I said them in the post after, the one in response for the first time I was mentioned
Y'know
Blindly following logic that may or may not be correct
@Person
I said them in the post after, the one in response for the first time I was mentioned
Y'know
Blindly following logic that may or may not be correct
1DKhf3D.png
After relooking through the thread, I now see that it is in your reaponse post. I'll try and be more vigilant about rereading things.

After relooking through the thread, I now see that it is in your reaponse post. I'll try and be more vigilant about rereading things.

they/them viU0KTO.png
I love making lengthy posts early in the game --- @MagykalWagykal Yeah, I do remember you. It's nice to see you again. I saw in your questionnaire that you have a Human Geography exam. Good luck on that --- [quote name="@MagykalWagykal" date="2018-05-22 07:32:20" ] First, they make a questionnaire that is focused on activity levels. Again, I don't know if things have changed, but back in my day, (*cracks back and grumbles about my old bones*) I seem to remember questionnaires being different from this. Definitely less focused on 'what do you guys think is suspicious' stuff. I don't know, I feel like this could be scum attempting to form the least suspicious gameplay method. Maybe that's just me being paranoid, but hey, that's the game. [/quote] In my experience, questionnaires often do usually discuss sheeping and lurking in some aspect. I've actually found it rare if one doesn't. So I disagree with you there about it being suspicious. [quote name="@Tynnk" date="2018-05-22 04:06:30" ] Do I have to answer my own survey? It seems like a headache to type out that whole chunk of words, @/tanglefire I admire your effort, [/quote] I do agree here that Tynnk is a bit suspicious by asking if they have to answer their own questions. It should be assumed that you answer it. Also, the whole "seems like a headache to type out" is weird. I mean, they created the questions; shouldn't they have been prepared to type a lot if the question required it for an answer? In addition, I do think some of Tynnk's answers are a bit oddly worded. I especially agree with @Booke's take on some of it. Their comments of: [quote name="Booke" date="2018-05-22 08:43:29" ] -snip- [quote name="Tynnk" date="2018-05-22 02:30:38" ] Yay! First post! In case you haven’t played with me, I fluff post a lot, I’m trying to keep myself quiet and sane, but I apologise if you still think that I’m noisy and insane... [/quote] [quote name="Tynnk" date="2018-05-22 05:14:52" ] I’m online when you guys are sleeping and I’m offline when you guys are typing, that’s probably one of the reasons I have loads of fluff spam posts since when you guys are all sleeping, nothing new comes up, but I’m bored here. [/quote] ??? I'm on the boat that Fluff does not help but rather derail a conversation. I sure hope that you mean spam posts, you're at least giving your opinion on what you think is going on and how it's being handled :/. Why the "apologise if you still think that I'm noisy and insane". That's not helpful to your case. [quote name="Tynnk" date="2018-05-22 05:14:52" ] Secondly, think in a town’s point of view, do their posts seem to think like a town? [/quote] The way you worded this weird. "Think in a town's point of view". If they are Town, wouldn't they already be doing that? If you're mafia, you would want to think in a town point of view. Are you giving help to Mafia in disguise? owo;; -snip- [quote name="Tynnk" date="2018-05-22 05:14:52" ] Sorry for my chunk of words, originally, I decided to only have a few lines, but I ended up with paragraphs and paragraphs of nonsense, oh well... Some of my advice might be wrong, @/experienced players please correct me if I’m wrong, thanks. [/quote] "ended up with paragraphs and paragraphs of nonsense, oh well..." Oh well? If you're giving nonsensical information, you're not helping out town, simple as that. If you have the "oh well" attitude, that gives me scum vibes at worst and major unhelpful neutral vibes at best. [/quote] All make valid points. Fluff is not helpful and saying that they "fluff post a lot" and make "fluff spam posts" is concerning. Even though people are asleep, you can still reread older posts and find something you and/or everyone else has overlooked. Just because your the only one active does not mean you can't help progress the game. The comment about "thinking in town's view" seems suspicious and kind of odd advice. In a mafia game, everyone should be trying to think in, "town's view," regardless of actual alignment. I say, "oh well," a lot because it helps me not care so much and shrug off unimportant things. However, I find it odd with the context, notably the, "nonsense," part. Also, I understand where you were going with the last sentence, but I get a sense of someone who is very indecisive from that, which I find suspicious. [quote name="Tynnk" date="2018-05-22 09:15:51" ] Whyyyyy, I’m always the “suspicious town” in mafia games... I’ve never been a mafia, though, so far, I’ve only been, I've been recruited to a cult on the last night once, though, and very ironically, the name of my role’s flavour name is “ultimate cult leader”... and also I made myself a jester in my own modded game. But both of my non-town experiences are not ring chosen, in other words, the mafia rng hates me. [/quote] I understand where you're coming from. In my earlier days, I was seen as suspicious even though I was town. It's frustrating but you have to work through it and figure out how to improve your play style to get away from that. Though, like Magykal said, always being town doesn't alter your chances of being mafia. [quote name="@Person" date="2018-05-22 09:54:42" ] I just wanna point out, Tynnk said they were a beeb, but this is their sixth game? I don't know if that still counts as a newbie or not. I'm not completely sold on thembeon scum, but I just thought that might be odd. If it's not feel free to correct me: [/quote] Newbie is a very relative term. Everyone defines it in a different way [quote name="@thatonespeedster" date="2018-05-22 09:22:13" ] Sheeping is kind of a bad thing [b]only because it puts you under the spotlight[/b]. You're voting for someone but you have nothing to add to the argument, so you blindly follow someone else's logic. [/quote] I agree with Magykal on this. The statement that they highlighted strikes me as a bit odd, especially since it adds in the, "only," part. From that, I get the feeling that you otherwise wouldn't find it bad if it didn't draw attention to you. Although, you following sentence contradicts that. [quote name="Tynnk" date="2018-05-22 10:33:17" ] [quote]Just because you were town in all of your other games doesn't make you any less likely to be Mafia in this one. Right? Unless Storm used weighted RNG, but I doubt that.[/quote] I know math, I know this isn’t really related, but yeah, can’t rng ever choose me? I honestly don’t like being town because I have no idea what’s happening, but since there’s more town than scum, it’s more probable to be a town, but [b]having rng hit you as town 5 consecutive times is quite unlikely[/b], but since it’s the truth, I can’t deny,it... just hope that next time, I become mafia, or perhaps 3p? [/quote] It's not as unlikely as you think. There is always going to be more town than scum, so you often end up getting town a couple times in a row. --- Alright, I'm now all caught up. Joy
I love making lengthy posts early in the game

---

@MagykalWagykal
Yeah, I do remember you. It's nice to see you again. I saw in your questionnaire that you have a Human Geography exam. Good luck on that

---
@MagykalWagykal wrote on 2018-05-22 07:32:20:
First, they make a questionnaire that is focused on activity levels. Again, I don't know if things have changed, but back in my day, (*cracks back and grumbles about my old bones*) I seem to remember questionnaires being different from this. Definitely less focused on 'what do you guys think is suspicious' stuff. I don't know, I feel like this could be scum attempting to form the least suspicious gameplay method. Maybe that's just me being paranoid, but hey, that's the game.

In my experience, questionnaires often do usually discuss sheeping and lurking in some aspect. I've actually found it rare if one doesn't. So I disagree with you there about it being suspicious.
@Tynnk wrote on 2018-05-22 04:06:30:
Do I have to answer my own survey? It seems like a headache to type out that whole chunk of words, @/tanglefire I admire your effort,

I do agree here that Tynnk is a bit suspicious by asking if they have to answer their own questions. It should be assumed that you answer it. Also, the whole "seems like a headache to type out" is weird. I mean, they created the questions; shouldn't they have been prepared to type a lot if the question required it for an answer?

In addition, I do think some of Tynnk's answers are a bit oddly worded. I especially agree with @Booke's take on some of it. Their comments of:
Booke wrote on 2018-05-22 08:43:29:
-snip-
Tynnk wrote on 2018-05-22 02:30:38:
Yay! First post! In case you haven’t played with me, I fluff post a lot, I’m trying to keep myself quiet and sane, but I apologise if you still think that I’m noisy and insane...
Tynnk wrote on 2018-05-22 05:14:52:
I’m online when you guys are sleeping and I’m offline when you guys are typing, that’s probably one of the reasons I have loads of fluff spam posts since when you guys are all sleeping, nothing new comes up, but I’m bored here.

??? I'm on the boat that Fluff does not help but rather derail a conversation. I sure hope that you mean spam posts, you're at least giving your opinion on what you think is going on and how it's being handled :/. Why the "apologise if you still think that I'm noisy and insane". That's not helpful to your case.
Secondly, think in a town’s point of view, do their posts seem to think like a town?

The way you worded this weird. "Think in a town's point of view". If they are Town, wouldn't they already be doing that? If you're mafia, you would want to think in a town point of view. Are you giving help to Mafia in disguise? owo;;

-snip-
Sorry for my chunk of words, originally, I decided to only have a few lines, but I ended up with paragraphs and paragraphs of nonsense, oh well...
Some of my advice might be wrong, @/experienced players please correct me if I’m wrong, thanks.

"ended up with paragraphs and paragraphs of nonsense, oh well..." Oh well? If you're giving nonsensical information, you're not helping out town, simple as that. If you have the "oh well" attitude, that gives me scum vibes at worst and major unhelpful neutral vibes at best.

All make valid points.

Fluff is not helpful and saying that they "fluff post a lot" and make "fluff spam posts" is concerning. Even though people are asleep, you can still reread older posts and find something you and/or everyone else has overlooked. Just because your the only one active does not mean you can't help progress the game.

The comment about "thinking in town's view" seems suspicious and kind of odd advice. In a mafia game, everyone should be trying to think in, "town's view," regardless of actual alignment.

I say, "oh well," a lot because it helps me not care so much and shrug off unimportant things. However, I find it odd with the context, notably the, "nonsense," part. Also, I understand where you were going with the last sentence, but I get a sense of someone who is very indecisive from that, which I find suspicious.
Tynnk wrote on 2018-05-22 09:15:51:
Whyyyyy, I’m always the “suspicious town” in mafia games... I’ve never been a mafia, though, so far, I’ve only been, I've been recruited to a cult on the last night once, though, and very ironically, the name of my role’s flavour name is “ultimate cult leader”... and also I made myself a jester in my own modded game. But both of my non-town experiences are not ring chosen, in other words, the mafia rng hates me.

I understand where you're coming from. In my earlier days, I was seen as suspicious even though I was town. It's frustrating but you have to work through it and figure out how to improve your play style to get away from that. Though, like Magykal said, always being town doesn't alter your chances of being mafia.
@Person wrote on 2018-05-22 09:54:42:
I just wanna point out, Tynnk said they were a beeb, but this is their sixth game? I don't know if that still counts as a newbie or not. I'm not completely sold on thembeon scum, but I just thought that might be odd. If it's not feel free to correct me:

Newbie is a very relative term. Everyone defines it in a different way
@thatonespeedster wrote on 2018-05-22 09:22:13:
Sheeping is kind of a bad thing only because it puts you under the spotlight. You're voting for someone but you have nothing to add to the argument, so you blindly follow someone else's logic.

I agree with Magykal on this. The statement that they highlighted strikes me as a bit odd, especially since it adds in the, "only," part. From that, I get the feeling that you otherwise wouldn't find it bad if it didn't draw attention to you. Although, you following sentence contradicts that.
Tynnk wrote on 2018-05-22 10:33:17:
Quote:
Just because you were town in all of your other games doesn't make you any less likely to be Mafia in this one. Right? Unless Storm used weighted RNG, but I doubt that.
I know math, I know this isn’t really related, but yeah, can’t rng ever choose me?
I honestly don’t like being town because I have no idea what’s happening, but since there’s more town than scum, it’s more probable to be a town, but having rng hit you as town 5 consecutive times is quite unlikely, but since it’s the truth, I can’t deny,it... just hope that next time, I become mafia, or perhaps 3p?

It's not as unlikely as you think. There is always going to be more town than scum, so you often end up getting town a couple times in a row.

---

Alright, I'm now all caught up. Joy
tq6VrgN.png

Mai/Mat
he/they/it
Holy cowww so many posts I'm clw23 she/her Fr+3 give me a sec to read them all pls
Holy cowww so many posts I'm clw23 she/her Fr+3 give me a sec to read them all pls
vCw0cRK.pngB5FQIol.png
3. How’s your activity, will you be online all the time or will you only have a few posts each day?
I don't know.

4. What do you think about newbies?
ehhh... It's best not to have too many, or too little of them.

5. What do you think about sheeping?
DONT. DO. IT. in my brain--> sheepers=scum

6. What do you think about lurking?
try not to.

7. What do you think about inactivity?
just modkill them.
3. How’s your activity, will you be online all the time or will you only have a few posts each day?
I don't know.

ehhh... It's best not to have too many, or too little of them.

DONT. DO. IT. in my brain--> sheepers=scum

try not to.

just modkill them.
vCw0cRK.pngB5FQIol.png
@Tynnk I can absolutely relate to that. This is my 9th game and I've only been mafia 3 timesish, as one time I was nk'd N1. Stupid mafia. But yeah, I keep rolling town too and it's annoying the heck out of me XD

Here's your other answers!

1. What’s your time zone?
I'm FR+3, which means that I will be on nowhere near rollover or lockdown.

2. What pronouns do you prefer?
I'm female, so she/her, and if you forget it's down in my sig :) I won't bite you if you use they/ them, but I will be thoroughly confused if you refer to me as a he.

School is not too busy atm, so I'll be decently active. However, if almost used up my data for the month, so I won't be posting in school. Sorry :( My brother is a computer hog, so I'll be stuck on mobile. You can expect to see me most often between FR time 12:00 and 16:00, maybe 17.

Honestly, I didn't know that Knickknacks was a newbie last game since they were so active. As long newbies try and contribute, I'm fine with them. It's the newbies that ONLY ask questions that I will poke and ask for more input.

I dislike sheeping. Unless someone is a newbie, it gives me scummy vibes and I will poke you and ask for reasoning if no one else has already.

I only tolerate lurkers a bit more, as most do have their own opinions. However, if they are posting elsewhere on FR for a day or more, or their dragons have full energy, I will poke them. I like poking people, can you tell? Lurking can be scummy or newbie behavior and really depends on the situation for me to form an opinion about it.

Inactive players usually get subbed or modkilled. I usually just forget that they exist if they never post, but I still don't like it. Inactivity is typically bad for town, unless it's the mafia that's inactive, so more poking. I'd probably let the modgod, StormDrain, handle this situation though :P
@Tynnk I can absolutely relate to that. This is my 9th game and I've only been mafia 3 timesish, as one time I was nk'd N1. Stupid mafia. But yeah, I keep rolling town too and it's annoying the heck out of me XD

Here's your other answers!

1. What’s your time zone?
I'm FR+3, which means that I will be on nowhere near rollover or lockdown.

2. What pronouns do you prefer?
I'm female, so she/her, and if you forget it's down in my sig :) I won't bite you if you use they/ them, but I will be thoroughly confused if you refer to me as a he.

School is not too busy atm, so I'll be decently active. However, if almost used up my data for the month, so I won't be posting in school. Sorry :( My brother is a computer hog, so I'll be stuck on mobile. You can expect to see me most often between FR time 12:00 and 16:00, maybe 17.

Honestly, I didn't know that Knickknacks was a newbie last game since they were so active. As long newbies try and contribute, I'm fine with them. It's the newbies that ONLY ask questions that I will poke and ask for more input.

I dislike sheeping. Unless someone is a newbie, it gives me scummy vibes and I will poke you and ask for reasoning if no one else has already.

I only tolerate lurkers a bit more, as most do have their own opinions. However, if they are posting elsewhere on FR for a day or more, or their dragons have full energy, I will poke them. I like poking people, can you tell? Lurking can be scummy or newbie behavior and really depends on the situation for me to form an opinion about it.

Inactive players usually get subbed or modkilled. I usually just forget that they exist if they never post, but I still don't like it. Inactivity is typically bad for town, unless it's the mafia that's inactive, so more poking. I'd probably let the modgod, StormDrain, handle this situation though :P
Yes, there are zeros in my username. Don't ping bookworm by mistake! Fr+3, she/her
[quote name="B00KW0RM" date="2018-05-22 12:59:44" ] 7. What do you think about inactivity? Inactive players usually get subbed or modkilled. I usually just forget that they exist if they never post, but I still don't like it. Inactivity is typically bad for town, unless it's the mafia that's inactive, so more poking. I'd probably let the modgod, [b]StormDrain[/b], handle this situation though :P [/quote] Oh my gods, StormDrain is the best thing I've read all day [quote name="@B00KW0RM" date="2018-05-22 12:59:44" ] 5. What do you think about sheeping? I dislike sheeping. Unless someone is a newbie, it gives me scummy vibes and I will poke you and ask for reasoning if no one else has already. [/quote] May I inquire as to why you give newbies a pass on sheeping when you said it gives you scummy vibes to everyone else?
B00KW0RM wrote on 2018-05-22 12:59:44:

Oh my gods, StormDrain is the best thing I've read all day
@B00KW0RM wrote on 2018-05-22 12:59:44:

May I inquire as to why you give newbies a pass on sheeping when you said it gives you scummy vibes to everyone else?
tq6VrgN.png

Mai/Mat
he/they/it
@Maithax

Good thing I checked before I was ninja'd! That's exactly what I was going to say (the sheeping part, not the StormDrain part).
@Maithax

Good thing I checked before I was ninja'd! That's exactly what I was going to say (the sheeping part, not the StormDrain part).
16if4Z5.pngENTP- True Neutral- she/her- +3 FR time
1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 58 59