Back

Forum Games

Play word and forum games here.
TOPIC | [ENDED] Suspended Disbelief - Discussion
1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 58 59
Honestly, getting flak for something at least darts conversation and you can even start to see patterns of how people are, if they flip flop, if they're always sticking up for specific people, if they go silent once attention is directed at them. So if pure town, I wouldn't take getting looked at as a failure.
Honestly, getting flak for something at least darts conversation and you can even start to see patterns of how people are, if they flip flop, if they're always sticking up for specific people, if they go silent once attention is directed at them. So if pure town, I wouldn't take getting looked at as a failure.
they/them viU0KTO.png
[quote name="Person" date="2018-05-22 10:08:35" ] I think you're doing at least relatively well. People are going to get hear, that's how we figure stuff out. We just have a not take it personally m, and [b]if you're town, you should always be able to justify yourself[/b] and even if people don't think it sounds towy, it is. I personally just try to say what I find to be the, even if I think it might get me some flak. [/quote] I do agree on most of your points but not this, I am always able to justify myself, then why would I be vig shot? Why would town be lynched? But whichever way it works, I’ll still justify myself.
Person wrote on 2018-05-22 10:08:35:
I think you're doing at least relatively well. People are going to get hear, that's how we figure stuff out. We just have a not take it personally m, and if you're town, you should always be able to justify yourself and even if people don't think it sounds towy, it is. I personally just try to say what I find to be the, even if I think it might get me some flak.
I do agree on most of your points but not this, I am always able to justify myself, then why would I be vig shot? Why would town be lynched?
But whichever way it works, I’ll still justify myself.
If you're town and ou are yourself, you should be able to have justifications for the things you say or do, correct? The only people doing things completely baselessly are the mafia. I'm not saying everyone will believe your justifications, which is what I said right after the molded part
If you're town and ou are yourself, you should be able to have justifications for the things you say or do, correct? The only people doing things completely baselessly are the mafia. I'm not saying everyone will believe your justifications, which is what I said right after the molded part
they/them viU0KTO.png
Bolded*
I keep forgetting to check my posts first, I'm too excited lol
Bolded*
I keep forgetting to check my posts first, I'm too excited lol
they/them viU0KTO.png
[quote name="Tynnk" date="2018-05-22 09:15:51" ] Whyyyyy, I’m always the “suspicious town” in mafia games... I’ve never been a mafia, though, so far, I’ve only been, I've been recruited to a cult on the last night once, though, and very ironically, the name of my role’s flavour name is “ultimate cult leader”... and also I made myself a jester in my own modded game. But both of my non-town experiences are not ring chosen, in other words, the mafia rng hates me. Actually, will my previous games help you? 1. Historical mafia 4, town, not a happy history for me. 2. Danganronpa mafia, town, recruited to a cult on the very last day, so I actually haven’t did anything contributing the cult. 3. Disney encyclopaedia mafia, town, lynched, basically I’m going on a trip, taking the plane, so I’ve got a whole day of not being active, so I can’t defend myself and when I got back online, it’s already a few minutes before eotd. 4. Creation 2, town, vig killed, whyyyyyy! 5. RV Arcanist, jester mod, vig killed, and I forgot to kill the person visiting the pgo lol. 6. This! [/quote] Just because you were town in all of your other games doesn't make you any less likely to be Mafia in this one. Right? Unless Storm used weighted RNG, but I doubt that. But I feel your pain! I was the sixth game newb, too. [s]People always said I 'looked scummy' even when I wasn't scum, and there was even one game where a certain player actually complained to the mod about me being in the game. Yes, I was that bad.[/s] xD [i]And[/i] I got vig killed a lot. I think I was too scared of being lynched or killed in my first games, and tried too hard to walk a balanced tightrope (which is a terrible idea and also impossible). Then someone made me invincible for three days, so I started helping, and I realized that the entire reason I got killed was because of aforementioned tightrope ideology. Fortunately, I grew out of that! It looks like you don't have a problem with that, which is VERY lucky, trust me. :P You already sound like a vet, so I wouldn't worry about the whole 'new player' thing. [quote name="@thatonespeedster" date="2018-05-22 09:22:13" ] Oof watch me butcher this ping @/magykalwagykal Fair point, should explain myself Sheeping is kind of a bad thing [b]only because it puts you under the spotlight[/b]. You're voting for someone but you have nothing to add to the argument, so you blindly follow someone else's logic. As for lurking, it's bad only because you're not adding anything to the discussion, once again just blindly following logic that may have extreme flaws. Also my children I'm taking finals today and tomorrow so do expect a bit of inactivity :3 [/quote] *squints* Not sure what it is about that particular quote, but you said that in a very scum-like way. Kind of like you were thinking about it on a 'how can I win this' level instead of a 'how can I help town' level. Or maybe that's just my gut being weird? xD I don't know. Don't take my gut feelings very seriously; they tend to be all wacko. @Maithax Remember me? :D It's so cool that you're in this game, too! I haven't played in so long, counting you and Storm, I've only played with six people in this game before! It's so cool to see the next generation (now I sound like an old man >.<) of Mafia players!
Tynnk wrote on 2018-05-22 09:15:51:
Whyyyyy, I’m always the “suspicious town” in mafia games... I’ve never been a mafia, though, so far, I’ve only been, I've been recruited to a cult on the last night once, though, and very ironically, the name of my role’s flavour name is “ultimate cult leader”... and also I made myself a jester in my own modded game. But both of my non-town experiences are not ring chosen, in other words, the mafia rng hates me.
Actually, will my previous games help you?

1. Historical mafia 4, town, not a happy history for me.
2. Danganronpa mafia, town, recruited to a cult on the very last day, so I actually haven’t did anything contributing the cult.
3. Disney encyclopaedia mafia, town, lynched, basically I’m going on a trip, taking the plane, so I’ve got a whole day of not being active, so I can’t defend myself and when I got back online, it’s already a few minutes before eotd.
4. Creation 2, town, vig killed, whyyyyyy!
5. RV Arcanist, jester mod, vig killed, and I forgot to kill the person visiting the pgo lol.
6. This!

Just because you were town in all of your other games doesn't make you any less likely to be Mafia in this one. Right? Unless Storm used weighted RNG, but I doubt that.

But I feel your pain! I was the sixth game newb, too. People always said I 'looked scummy' even when I wasn't scum, and there was even one game where a certain player actually complained to the mod about me being in the game. Yes, I was that bad. xD And I got vig killed a lot. I think I was too scared of being lynched or killed in my first games, and tried too hard to walk a balanced tightrope (which is a terrible idea and also impossible). Then someone made me invincible for three days, so I started helping, and I realized that the entire reason I got killed was because of aforementioned tightrope ideology. Fortunately, I grew out of that! It looks like you don't have a problem with that, which is VERY lucky, trust me. :P You already sound like a vet, so I wouldn't worry about the whole 'new player' thing.
@thatonespeedster wrote on 2018-05-22 09:22:13:
Oof watch me butcher this ping

@/magykalwagykal

Fair point, should explain myself

Sheeping is kind of a bad thing only because it puts you under the spotlight. You're voting for someone but you have nothing to add to the argument, so you blindly follow someone else's logic.

As for lurking, it's bad only because you're not adding anything to the discussion, once again just blindly following logic that may have extreme flaws.

Also my children I'm taking finals today and tomorrow so do expect a bit of inactivity :3

*squints* Not sure what it is about that particular quote, but you said that in a very scum-like way. Kind of like you were thinking about it on a 'how can I win this' level instead of a 'how can I help town' level. Or maybe that's just my gut being weird? xD I don't know. Don't take my gut feelings very seriously; they tend to be all wacko.

@Maithax

Remember me? :D It's so cool that you're in this game, too! I haven't played in so long, counting you and Storm, I've only played with six people in this game before! It's so cool to see the next generation (now I sound like an old man >.<) of Mafia players!
16if4Z5.pngENTP- True Neutral- she/her- +3 FR time
Oops. Forgot to ping @Tynnk!
Oops. Forgot to ping @Tynnk!
16if4Z5.pngENTP- True Neutral- she/her- +3 FR time
[quote name="Person" date="2018-05-22 10:19:31" ] If you're town and ou are yourself, you should be able to have justifications for the things you say or do, correct? The only people doing things completely baselessly are the mafia. I'm not saying everyone will believe your justifications, which is what I said right after the molded part [/quote] Well, true, now you explained it, I get what you’re trying to say, feel free to ask me questions about anything.
Person wrote on 2018-05-22 10:19:31:
Well, true, now you explained it, I get what you’re trying to say, feel free to ask me questions about anything.
[quote]Just because you were town in all of your other games doesn't make you any less likely to be Mafia in this one. Right? Unless Storm used weighted RNG, but I doubt that.[/quote] I know math, I know this isn’t really related, but yeah, can’t rng ever choose me? I honestly don’t like being town because I have no idea what’s happening, but since there’s more town than scum, it’s more probable to be a town, but having rng hit you as town 5 consecutive times is quite unlikely, but since it’s the truth, I can’t deny,it... just hope that next time, I become mafia, or perhaps 3p? @b00kw0rm you’d probably understand how I feel.
Quote:
Just because you were town in all of your other games doesn't make you any less likely to be Mafia in this one. Right? Unless Storm used weighted RNG, but I doubt that.
I know math, I know this isn’t really related, but yeah, can’t rng ever choose me?
I honestly don’t like being town because I have no idea what’s happening, but since there’s more town than scum, it’s more probable to be a town, but having rng hit you as town 5 consecutive times is quite unlikely, but since it’s the truth, I can’t deny,it... just hope that next time, I become mafia, or perhaps 3p?
@b00kw0rm you’d probably understand how I feel.
Goodnight it’s half past one, I should really sleep.
Goodnight it’s half past one, I should really sleep.
@magykalwagykal

Oh pfft my usual phrasing

I suppose it does sound odd, considering I did say "only" when there were more reasons.
@magykalwagykal

Oh pfft my usual phrasing

I suppose it does sound odd, considering I did say "only" when there were more reasons.
1DKhf3D.png
1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 58 59