Back

Forum Games

Play word and forum games here.
TOPIC | [WC] Midnight Mayhem Mafia - Done!
1 2 ... 146 147 148 149 150 ... 345 346
[quote name="@B00KW0RM" date="2018-04-23 17:06:00" ] Unfortunately this had to be a bit brief as my time is limited and I'm on mobile. There are also so many players to keep track of, and I can't quite remember what all of you have posted... I would like to go back and read each player's posts, but that isn't an option on mobile. Tsaiah: Strong townread. I was a bit suspicious at first (can't remember why, probably just tone) but because of her reads and overall helpfullness and contribution, and the fact that my but says town now, I feel pretty confident in this. Syceris: Neutral. I get the feeling that her posts are mostly ... accusatory, but that could be a good thing for town or maf, but I'm not having a strong pull in either direction. CherryWave: Slight townread. Yes, I would take back my vote if I could. I also try to make jokes that don't go over well, so I shouldn't have jumped on you for that. I mistook it as some sort of hint. That, and your sheepy behavior was ticking me off, even though I didn't mention it. I like your contributions, now, though, and I'm not getting any creepy vibes. Origamer: Neutral. I'm having trouble remembering the particulars of her posts, but I remember feeling slightly put off by something... I'll see if I can find it later. abyssum: Townread. My opinions on her were mostly formed by others' conftown feelings, so I would like to read her posts individually to form my own opinion. I certainly can't deny that she's been very helpful and engaging, though. I like it when people ask questions. NekoNikki: Neutral. I was getting a townread vibe until you all made my doubt myself. I'll have to review her posts to get a better view. catgame21234: Strong townread. While perhaps not the most helpful player, I have never seen a mafia act like that and her posts are so long and often and in depth on certain topics that I'm starting to like her playstyle when she'd not mad :) SpectralRose: N/a. I can't remember. leopardskin4: Slight townread, but much the same as above. I need to do more reviewing. kirkfan2255: Strong townread. She was my first townread, and I'm sticking to it. She has been moving the conversion along, asking and answering questions, and of course passing up the lamp, all like a mafia member wouldn't. I like that. Selah: N/a. I think my brain is fried. raiccoon: Neutral. As far as I can remember, (which is getting less reliable as I go on) a lot of her posts are relevant, but not very much in the way of scumhunting... I think. luxmold: Townread. I was suspicious at first because of your mafia claims, but then you started to behave like Kirk and abyssum and I take it back. Leremis: Slight scumread. Based mostly on vibes until I can get to a PC and dig through the search features. Starstream: N/a. Heh, I need sleep. CrystalRush: N/a. I should know who you are, I'm sorry. ArtemisAgrotera: Slight townread. I can't recall forming my own opinion, but you all seem to be sticking up for her so I'll have to see what she's done to merit that. RaiStarDragon: Neutral. My fellow sub joined later, but (kinda like me) hasn't posted anything in the way of scumhunting. I know some mafia have a hard time coming up with fake reads, but so do I as town so I reserve judgment. Somethinggetrekt: N/a. Due to late arrival and low posts. DoppelBia: Neutral. I see nothing wrong with the text in her posts, but something about her tone throws me off. Again, I would have to go through her posts to find examples. Avene: N/a. Wow, my memory is shot by now. Too many people! (I'm sorry) Cheshly: Neutral. Yes, I like the read lists and the tallying, and she's been helpful, but her posts read as sort of detached, for lack of a better word. I don't quite like that, as some mafia I've seen are good at readlists, but bad at fitting in and making conversation. There you have it! I'm going to bed in an hour, so if you want me to explain more ask soon. I'll be placing my vote for one of my more scummy reads, and I'll go through Leremis's posts to see what I think one last time before voting. Again, using her for everyone. Please tell me if I got your pronouns wrong. (And please forgive any autocorrect errors I missed) [/quote] I actually like these reads. I’m getting a pretty solid townie vibe from them. I would like to know your opinions on the players that you put as N/A in the future. I feel more comfortable with moving B00k to a slight Town read now. I was more leaning towards scum on them earlier but this reads list makes me think otherwise.
@B00KW0RM wrote on 2018-04-23 17:06:00:
Unfortunately this had to be a bit brief as my time is limited and I'm on mobile. There are also so many players to keep track of, and I can't quite remember what all of you have posted... I would like to go back and read each player's posts, but that isn't an option on mobile.

Tsaiah: Strong townread. I was a bit suspicious at first (can't remember why, probably just tone) but because of her reads and overall helpfullness and contribution, and the fact that my but says town now, I feel pretty confident in this.
Syceris: Neutral. I get the feeling that her posts are mostly ... accusatory, but that could be a good thing for town or maf, but I'm not having a strong pull in either direction.
CherryWave: Slight townread. Yes, I would take back my vote if I could. I also try to make jokes that don't go over well, so I shouldn't have jumped on you for that. I mistook it as some sort of hint. That, and your sheepy behavior was ticking me off, even though I didn't mention it. I like your contributions, now, though, and I'm not getting any creepy vibes.
Origamer: Neutral. I'm having trouble remembering the particulars of her posts, but I remember feeling slightly put off by something... I'll see if I can find it later.
abyssum: Townread. My opinions on her were mostly formed by others' conftown feelings, so I would like to read her posts individually to form my own opinion. I certainly can't deny that she's been very helpful and engaging, though. I like it when people ask questions.
NekoNikki: Neutral. I was getting a townread vibe until you all made my doubt myself. I'll have to review her posts to get a better view.
catgame21234: Strong townread. While perhaps not the most helpful player, I have never seen a mafia act like that and her posts are so long and often and in depth on certain topics that I'm starting to like her playstyle when she'd not mad :)
SpectralRose: N/a. I can't remember.
leopardskin4: Slight townread, but much the same as above. I need to do more reviewing.
kirkfan2255: Strong townread. She was my first townread, and I'm sticking to it. She has been moving the conversion along, asking and answering questions, and of course passing up the lamp, all like a mafia member wouldn't. I like that.
Selah: N/a. I think my brain is fried.
raiccoon: Neutral. As far as I can remember, (which is getting less reliable as I go on) a lot of her posts are relevant, but not very much in the way of scumhunting... I think.
luxmold: Townread. I was suspicious at first because of your mafia claims, but then you started to behave like Kirk and abyssum and I take it back.
Leremis: Slight scumread. Based mostly on vibes until I can get to a PC and dig through the search features.
Starstream: N/a. Heh, I need sleep.
CrystalRush: N/a. I should know who you are, I'm sorry.
ArtemisAgrotera: Slight townread. I can't recall forming my own opinion, but you all seem to be sticking up for her so I'll have to see what she's done to merit that.
RaiStarDragon: Neutral. My fellow sub joined later, but (kinda like me) hasn't posted anything in the way of scumhunting. I know some mafia have a hard time coming up with fake reads, but so do I as town so I reserve judgment.
Somethinggetrekt: N/a. Due to late arrival and low posts.
DoppelBia: Neutral. I see nothing wrong with the text in her posts, but something about her tone throws me off. Again, I would have to go through her posts to find examples.
Avene: N/a. Wow, my memory is shot by now. Too many people! (I'm sorry)
Cheshly: Neutral. Yes, I like the read lists and the tallying, and she's been helpful, but her posts read as sort of detached, for lack of a better word. I don't quite like that, as some mafia I've seen are good at readlists, but bad at fitting in and making conversation.

There you have it! I'm going to bed in an hour, so if you want me to explain more ask soon. I'll be placing my vote for one of my more scummy reads, and I'll go through Leremis's posts to see what I think one last time before voting.

Again, using her for everyone. Please tell me if I got your pronouns wrong. (And please forgive any autocorrect errors I missed)

I actually like these reads. I’m getting a pretty solid townie vibe from them. I would like to know your opinions on the players that you put as N/A in the future.

I feel more comfortable with moving B00k to a slight Town read now. I was more leaning towards scum on them earlier but this reads list makes me think otherwise.
RK2q3qt.pnguCZgS26.png
[quote name="abyssum" date="2018-04-23 17:07:41" ] @catgame21234 sheeping is voting a person because somebody who seems town to you is [/quote] It can also be when you vote someone after someone else did without having any reasoning behind it.
abyssum wrote on 2018-04-23 17:07:41:
@catgame21234 sheeping is voting a person because somebody who seems town to you is

It can also be when you vote someone after someone else did without having any reasoning behind it.
RK2q3qt.pnguCZgS26.png
[quote name="@kirkfan2255" date="2018-04-23 17:33:21" ] I say I'd back a lynch on her but I'm actually fairly hesitant on Nikki because I've seen her do this a lot before as town, where she looks super scummy early and we mislynch her because of it. [/quote] Do you have any examples? I don’t know her, thus I would like to get a glimpse of her playing style aside from this game.
@kirkfan2255 wrote on 2018-04-23 17:33:21:
I say I'd back a lynch on her but I'm actually fairly hesitant on Nikki because I've seen her do this a lot before as town, where she looks super scummy early and we mislynch her because of it.

Do you have any examples? I don’t know her, thus I would like to get a glimpse of her playing style aside from this game.
RK2q3qt.pnguCZgS26.png
[quote name="@RaiStarDragon" date="2018-04-23 17:35:57" ] [quote name="B00KW0RM" date="2018-04-23 17:27:15" ] If 10 is the worst, then it would be about a 7. You certainly won't be happy, but no, I'm also not the doctor. You all seem to really like doctors. [/quote] XD because they save people. But I've played games that town won without the doctor/nurse before. As far as the reads on people... It's super hard when I have two babies to chase though I did start to type up some interesting things I noticed. Mostly how the only the same people seem to read the same circles of people as town. I found that sus but then it's my first time playing this forum style so maybe that's just how this goes... I just find it funny that most people rate most others as town. I doubt there are that many town people. So idk. It's also the same people posting the majority so the others are just too quiet to guess. Yes, I'm morbid. You would be too if [i]it[/i] happened to you.... [/quote] I think the reason for some people having the same people in their town block is because they feel like obvious Town. In other cases, I feel like people might be sheeping because they don’t know what to think of that person, thus why I usually like to see the thoughts behind that person’s reads somewhere in the thread.
@RaiStarDragon wrote on 2018-04-23 17:35:57:
B00KW0RM wrote on 2018-04-23 17:27:15:
If 10 is the worst, then it would be about a 7. You certainly won't be happy, but no, I'm also not the doctor. You all seem to really like doctors.
XD because they save people. But I've played games that town won without the doctor/nurse before.

As far as the reads on people... It's super hard when I have two babies to chase though I did start to type up some interesting things I noticed.
Mostly how the only the same people seem to read the same circles of people as town. I found that sus but then it's my first time playing this forum style so maybe that's just how this goes... I just find it funny that most people rate most others as town. I doubt there are that many town people. So idk. It's also the same people posting the majority so the others are just too quiet to guess.

Yes, I'm morbid. You would be too if it happened to you....

I think the reason for some people having the same people in their town block is because they feel like obvious Town. In other cases, I feel like people might be sheeping because they don’t know what to think of that person, thus why I usually like to see the thoughts behind that person’s reads somewhere in the thread.
RK2q3qt.pnguCZgS26.png
[quote name="@SpectralRose" date="2018-04-23 17:36:51" ] So far I'm thinking this Town: Chesly,Abyssum Maybe town: tsaiah Scum: DoppleBia Everyone else I'm not so sure about [/quote] There are a lot of players you didn’t list. Could you maybe look into some of the other users and give your thoughts about them? Also what about Dopple makes you feel like they are scum?
@SpectralRose wrote on 2018-04-23 17:36:51:
So far I'm thinking this

Town: Chesly,Abyssum
Maybe town: tsaiah
Scum: DoppleBia
Everyone else I'm not so sure about

There are a lot of players you didn’t list. Could you maybe look into some of the other users and give your thoughts about them? Also what about Dopple makes you feel like they are scum?
RK2q3qt.pnguCZgS26.png
[quote name="@Syceris" date="2018-04-23 17:50:38" ] Raiccoon: town Lux:town Leremis:neutral not a lot of posting today Starstream:same as Leremis Need a break from reading on my cell be back in a bit. [/quote] Sorry for not posting as much. I have school and work thus week days I just can’t be as active compared to weekends.
@Syceris wrote on 2018-04-23 17:50:38:
Raiccoon: town
Lux:town
Leremis:neutral not a lot of posting today
Starstream:same as Leremis

Need a break from reading on my cell be back in a bit.

Sorry for not posting as much. I have school and work thus week days I just can’t be as active compared to weekends.
RK2q3qt.pnguCZgS26.png
[img]https://i.imgur.com/wn2RGqT.png[/img] [i]”But what is the meaning of life?” one of your companions asks. They seem to have gotten into an argument with the submarine’s copilot, who is currently fiddling with some wiring in its belly. The coatl rolls his eyes and studiously ignores the inquisitor, who, unabashed, manages to regale every dragon on the expedition with the fascinating quandaries of deontology, aesthetics, and existentialism. Eventually you get tired of their verbosity and lock them in the submarine’s closet. The purple coatl rolls his eyes again but makes no comment. Periodically, you catch indignant tirades about utilitarian philosophy coming from the compartment.[/i] [b]DoppelBia has been lynched. They were the Prolix Axiologist, aligned with the [color=#28bddb]Surface-Dwellers[/color].[/b] [i]As you wait around the submarine, conversing among one another, you notice that one of your number has fallen silent. As you approach, you notice that her muscles seem to have gone slack; she is slumped in a boneless heap against the side of the sub. Her eyes are frighteningly devoid of thought or emotion.[/i] [b]Leremis has died of insanity. She was the Anodyne Lecturer, aligned with the [color=#28bddb]Surface-Dwellers[/color].[/b] [i]The stir of unease that runs through you attracts Echo’s attention. Frowning, your guide hurries you back into the submarine before you can get a good look at her. Through the windows, you spot her dart outside to retrieve the other dragon as the vessel--you’ve collectively dubbed it the Sardine--groans creakily to life, but it is, at least, staying level in the water. Small mercies.[/i] [quote=Mechanical Information][b]There are multiple roles which check whether a player is a Surface-Dweller who is not Abyss-Touched.[/b][/quote]
wn2RGqT.png

”But what is the meaning of life?” one of your companions asks. They seem to have gotten into an argument with the submarine’s copilot, who is currently fiddling with some wiring in its belly. The coatl rolls his eyes and studiously ignores the inquisitor, who, unabashed, manages to regale every dragon on the expedition with the fascinating quandaries of deontology, aesthetics, and existentialism.

Eventually you get tired of their verbosity and lock them in the submarine’s closet. The purple coatl rolls his eyes again but makes no comment. Periodically, you catch indignant tirades about utilitarian philosophy coming from the compartment.

DoppelBia has been lynched. They were the Prolix Axiologist, aligned with the Surface-Dwellers.

As you wait around the submarine, conversing among one another, you notice that one of your number has fallen silent. As you approach, you notice that her muscles seem to have gone slack; she is slumped in a boneless heap against the side of the sub. Her eyes are frighteningly devoid of thought or emotion.

Leremis has died of insanity. She was the Anodyne Lecturer, aligned with the Surface-Dwellers.

The stir of unease that runs through you attracts Echo’s attention. Frowning, your guide hurries you back into the submarine before you can get a good look at her. Through the windows, you spot her dart outside to retrieve the other dragon as the vessel--you’ve collectively dubbed it the Sardine--groans creakily to life, but it is, at least, staying level in the water. Small mercies.

Mechanical Information wrote:
There are multiple roles which check whether a player is a Surface-Dweller who is not Abyss-Touched.
MM82e8q.png
[img]https://i.imgur.com/oRMUA5f.png[/img] [quote=DoppelBia: Prolix Axiologist][columns][i]You have recently obtained a degree in Philosophy from the finest learning institution in the land, Dravrah University. You have found it fit to inform all your new acquaintances of this fact, although they often don't provide you the level of respect you definitely deserve. Instead, you slave away as a graduate student, although you prefer the term "axiologist"—one who studies values. This sightseeing trip will undoubtedly attract all sorts of dragons, which is perfect for your next paper! Your advisor will be so pleased.[/i] Welcome to Midnight Mayhem Mafia, [b]DoppelBia[/b]! You are the [b]Prolix Axiologist[/b], aligned with the [color=#28bddb][b]Surface-Dwellers[/b][/color]. [u]You win and end the game when at least one member of your faction is alive and all Deep-Singers are dead.[/u] [b]Abilities[/b] (ACTIVE) [u]Value Judgement[/u] - Learn whether another player of your choice currently has the [u]same[/u] or [u]different[/u] Abyss-Touched status as the previous target of this ability currently has. Has no effect on Night 1. (Abyss-Touched: your results are inverted.) You may find your private Quicktopic [url=youare]here[/url]. Please confirm that you have received this message by posting in your Quicktopic. [nextcol][img]https://i.imgur.com/c7mlyHN.png[/img][/columns][/quote] [quote=Leremis: Anodyne Lecturer][columns][i]You’ve managed to scrape your way up to a professor position at the local university, but it comes with a catch… if you want tenure, you can’t say anything controversial! You find yourself lecturing on subjects such as ‘Beastclans are the Enemy’ and ‘We Should Worship the Gods’, and you’re pretty sure your soul is slowly dying. A spring break trip underwater should be just the thing to convince yourself that your life isn’t a depressing waste.[/i] Welcome to Midnight Mayhem Mafia, [b]Leremis[/b]! You are the [b]Anodyne Lecturer[/b], aligned with the [color=#28bddb][b]Surface-Dwellers[/b][/color]. [u]You win and end the game when at least one member of your faction is alive and all Deep-Singers are dead.[/u] [b]Abilities[/b] (ACTIVE) (1-SHOT) [u]Anchor of Assurance[/u] - While you are alive, another player of your choice cannot become Abyss-Touched (if they already are, however, they remain Abyss-Touched). If you die, your target becomes Abyss-Touched. You may find your private Quicktopic [url=awfullypersistent]here[/url]. Please confirm that you have received this message by posting in your Quicktopic. [nextcol][img]https://i.imgur.com/c7mlyHN.png[/img][/columns] [/quote]
oRMUA5f.png
DoppelBia: Prolix Axiologist wrote:
You have recently obtained a degree in Philosophy from the finest learning institution in the land, Dravrah University. You have found it fit to inform all your new acquaintances of this fact, although they often don't provide you the level of respect you definitely deserve. Instead, you slave away as a graduate student, although you prefer the term "axiologist"—one who studies values. This sightseeing trip will undoubtedly attract all sorts of dragons, which is perfect for your next paper! Your advisor will be so pleased.

Welcome to Midnight Mayhem Mafia, DoppelBia! You are the Prolix Axiologist, aligned with the Surface-Dwellers. You win and end the game when at least one member of your faction is alive and all Deep-Singers are dead.

Abilities
(ACTIVE) Value Judgement - Learn whether another player of your choice currently has the same or different Abyss-Touched status as the previous target of this ability currently has. Has no effect on Night 1. (Abyss-Touched: your results are inverted.)

You may find your private Quicktopic here. Please confirm that you have received this message by posting in your Quicktopic.
c7mlyHN.png
Leremis: Anodyne Lecturer wrote:
You’ve managed to scrape your way up to a professor position at the local university, but it comes with a catch… if you want tenure, you can’t say anything controversial! You find yourself lecturing on subjects such as ‘Beastclans are the Enemy’ and ‘We Should Worship the Gods’, and you’re pretty sure your soul is slowly dying. A spring break trip underwater should be just the thing to convince yourself that your life isn’t a depressing waste.

Welcome to Midnight Mayhem Mafia, Leremis! You are the Anodyne Lecturer, aligned with the Surface-Dwellers. You win and end the game when at least one member of your faction is alive and all Deep-Singers are dead.

Abilities
(ACTIVE) (1-SHOT) Anchor of Assurance - While you are alive, another player of your choice cannot become Abyss-Touched (if they already are, however, they remain Abyss-Touched). If you die, your target becomes Abyss-Touched.

You may find your private Quicktopic here. Please confirm that you have received this message by posting in your Quicktopic.
c7mlyHN.png
MM82e8q.png
[img]https://i.imgur.com/rlmbXS7.png[/img] [i]Twisting blue-green light tints the waters ahead as the Sardine putters forward. “Vaeryn’s Gap,” Echo murmurs. “Long ago, a war was fought, and the god of the eternal sea tore a rift in the darkness, so that the sun might shine into the depths and drive away the shadows.” Caustics dance along the ground, and along the walls of the Trench, where tiny sea mosses cling to walls carved with foreign runes. It seems like so long since you’ve seen the surface, bathed in the light of Sornieth’s sun. The sight of daylight, even a daylight so tenuous, makes your heart ache. “Hold the light close,” your guide tells you. “It will be some time before you see it again.”[/i] [quote=Day Three: Vaeryn’s Gap] [b]Remembered Radiance[/b]: As an action, you may [u]Meditate on the Nature of Light[/u]. Taking this action causes investigative abilities targeting you to return no result. If you take this action and you are Abyss-Touched, you will no longer be Abyss-Touched. [/quote]
rlmbXS7.png

Twisting blue-green light tints the waters ahead as the Sardine putters forward. “Vaeryn’s Gap,” Echo murmurs. “Long ago, a war was fought, and the god of the eternal sea tore a rift in the darkness, so that the sun might shine into the depths and drive away the shadows.”

Caustics dance along the ground, and along the walls of the Trench, where tiny sea mosses cling to walls carved with foreign runes. It seems like so long since you’ve seen the surface, bathed in the light of Sornieth’s sun. The sight of daylight, even a daylight so tenuous, makes your heart ache.

“Hold the light close,” your guide tells you. “It will be some time before you see it again.”

Day Three: Vaeryn’s Gap wrote:
Remembered Radiance: As an action, you may Meditate on the Nature of Light. Taking this action causes investigative abilities targeting you to return no result. If you take this action and you are Abyss-Touched, you will no longer be Abyss-Touched.
MM82e8q.png
[img]https://i.imgur.com/JRJqhDP.png[/img] [b]Day 3 begins![/b] Day 3 will end at [b]20:00 FRT[/b] on April 24th, so please make sure your actions are submitted by then. [size=1]@Warriorgirl1234 @Tsaiah @Syceris @CherryWave @Origamer @abyssum @SpectralDragon @catgame21234 @SpectralRose @leopardskin4 @kirkfan2255 @Selah @raiccoon @luxmold @Leremis @Starstream @CrystalRush @ArtemisAgrotera @RaiStarDragon @B00KW0RM @Cheshly @Somethinggetrekt @SelenaSilverwolf @DoppelBia @Avene @StormDreamer @SpectralDragon @Xoanon @crateshya @Firo @Arelia @Oricole @starrynite @QiEclipse @Fortuna @Mithent @Saerel @Mediumdee @LadySiren @CecilaTheWerecat @carpha @Gravebloom @Frayxing @Tynnk @Varikset @alyblaith @Tirea @Elisse @EudoxiaLopukhina @NekoNikki @Kalideoscope @Snowbelle[/size]
JRJqhDP.png

Day 3 begins! Day 3 will end at 20:00 FRT on April 24th, so please make sure your actions are submitted by then.

@Warriorgirl1234 @Tsaiah @Syceris @CherryWave @Origamer @abyssum @SpectralDragon @catgame21234 @SpectralRose @leopardskin4 @kirkfan2255 @Selah @raiccoon @luxmold @Leremis @Starstream @CrystalRush @ArtemisAgrotera @RaiStarDragon @B00KW0RM @Cheshly @Somethinggetrekt @SelenaSilverwolf @DoppelBia @Avene @StormDreamer @SpectralDragon @Xoanon @crateshya @Firo @Arelia @Oricole @starrynite @QiEclipse @Fortuna @Mithent @Saerel @Mediumdee @LadySiren @CecilaTheWerecat @carpha @Gravebloom @Frayxing @Tynnk @Varikset @alyblaith @Tirea @Elisse @EudoxiaLopukhina @NekoNikki @Kalideoscope @Snowbelle
MM82e8q.png
1 2 ... 146 147 148 149 150 ... 345 346