Back

Forum Games

Play word and forum games here.
TOPIC | [WC] Midnight Mayhem Mafia - Done!
1 2 ... 340 341 342 343 344 345 346
[quote name="yogsloth" date="2018-04-29 08:55:31" ] [quote name="Syceris" date="2018-04-29 05:17:30" ] Nothing like ending 6 days of hell with a sub that throws it because they want to end the game . [/quote] Well, no, I 100% did not throw the game. Given the impossibility of really reading the whole game, I was doing the best I could. Syceris had an F3 post that was vacillating all over the place and read to me as very hedgy. (The bit about "yog was 100% Town but now he's 55%",etc.) Starstream, on the other hand, just seemed to be so utterly without guile that I could not conceive of a N6 where she decided to leave me alone with her after I shaded her with my paltry previous participation. So, again, since I really couldn't read 300+ pages of game, I went with my gut. And obviously - I failed. But I actually kept bailing [i]on my own kid's birthday party [/i]to run to the computer to keep checking in to see if there were any updates/arguments/reactions to my vote to see what I could do... and... After I voted for Syceris, she posted this: [quote name="Syceris" date="2018-04-28 19:56:53" ] You are not stupid you know who mafia is . [/quote] I mean... my vote is on you and all you have to say is that I know who the mafia is? Wouldn't that mean... that... uh... y'know... I do want to apologize from the bottom of my heart, though. I was actually pretty much retired from Forum Mafia because I take this kind of thing way too hard. I feel absolutely terrible to sub into a game where the Townies worked so hard and put so much effort into it, only for some stupid rando to drop in at the eleventh hour and blow it. So... yeah. Feels real bad man. Stanari knows me to know how much of a punch in the gut it is. But I'd also like to thank her for inviting me in - her setups are always so incredibly beautiful, both visually and textually, that's it's a real pleasure just to witness one, let alone play in it. Thanks to everybody else that was able to tolerate by brief and useless inanity. I really hope I didn't ruin Mafia for some of you and that the newbies come back to give it another try. Thanks again everyone. [/quote] @yogsloth -hugs- you came in to a site you have never played on and ended up in a bad spot. You did awesome and we appreciate you subbed in at such a hard time! At the end of the day, it's a game. Would it have been nice to pull a town win out of this? Absolutely, but there's too many things that would have had to play out differently for town to win. You made the game fun to watch again when you subbed in. At this point, it doesn't matter. It was still fun no matter how it turned out, and that's what's important.
yogsloth wrote on 2018-04-29 08:55:31:
Syceris wrote on 2018-04-29 05:17:30:

Nothing like ending 6 days of hell with a sub that throws it because they want to end the game .

Well, no, I 100% did not throw the game. Given the impossibility of really reading the whole game, I was doing the best I could. Syceris had an F3 post that was vacillating all over the place and read to me as very hedgy. (The bit about "yog was 100% Town but now he's 55%",etc.) Starstream, on the other hand, just seemed to be so utterly without guile that I could not conceive of a N6 where she decided to leave me alone with her after I shaded her with my paltry previous participation. So, again, since I really couldn't read 300+ pages of game, I went with my gut. And obviously - I failed. But I actually kept bailing on my own kid's birthday party to run to the computer to keep checking in to see if there were any updates/arguments/reactions to my vote to see what I could do... and...

After I voted for Syceris, she posted this:
Syceris wrote on 2018-04-28 19:56:53:
You are not stupid you know who mafia is .

I mean... my vote is on you and all you have to say is that I know who the mafia is? Wouldn't that mean... that... uh... y'know...

I do want to apologize from the bottom of my heart, though. I was actually pretty much retired from Forum Mafia because I take this kind of thing way too hard. I feel absolutely terrible to sub into a game where the Townies worked so hard and put so much effort into it, only for some stupid rando to drop in at the eleventh hour and blow it. So... yeah. Feels real bad man. Stanari knows me to know how much of a punch in the gut it is.

But I'd also like to thank her for inviting me in - her setups are always so incredibly beautiful, both visually and textually, that's it's a real pleasure just to witness one, let alone play in it. Thanks to everybody else that was able to tolerate by brief and useless inanity.

I really hope I didn't ruin Mafia for some of you and that the newbies come back to give it another try.

Thanks again everyone.

@yogsloth
-hugs- you came in to a site you have never played on and ended up in a bad spot. You did awesome and we appreciate you subbed in at such a hard time!

At the end of the day, it's a game. Would it have been nice to pull a town win out of this? Absolutely, but there's too many things that would have had to play out differently for town to win.

You made the game fun to watch again when you subbed in. At this point, it doesn't matter. It was still fun no matter how it turned out, and that's what's important.
3bMwIy2.png
Kirk, FR +2
Hey there, guys! There were some rough patches but I hope overall everybody had fun :D

First off, I'd like to say: nearly everybody did fantastic and played their hearts out! Because festival games usually have a lot of nervous newbies, that isn't always the case, but the activity and dedication Stan and I saw was surprising and amazing. I sincerely hope you guys come back for more games that maybe aren't quite as intense as this one. (A beginner mafia should be running soon!)

Congrats to mafia and our 3p, but also congrats to town for running it so close! To be totally honest, I'd thought it was a lost cause after day 3 or so. I never expected it to come all the way to a final 3 :O Everybody involved should be proud.

I did write the town flavor and fakeclaims (I hope you guys enjoyed them!) but Stanari wrote the mafia and 3p flavor as well as all the EotDs, which is no mean feat. She also did... mostly everything else. So thank you, @Stanari! Also thank you to @Snowbelle for setup review and @Limelight for some preliminary planning (whar you go...)

@yogsloth, considering the fact that you subbed into a ~340 page game at the very last minute and were busy to boot: I don't blame you for anything and I very much hope nobody else does, either. Things would've been tough for anybody who had read everything, let alone in your situation... and of course @Starstream did a great job as well! Please, don't worry about anything.
(Also, you were really funny in a time we really needed funny!)
Hey there, guys! There were some rough patches but I hope overall everybody had fun :D

First off, I'd like to say: nearly everybody did fantastic and played their hearts out! Because festival games usually have a lot of nervous newbies, that isn't always the case, but the activity and dedication Stan and I saw was surprising and amazing. I sincerely hope you guys come back for more games that maybe aren't quite as intense as this one. (A beginner mafia should be running soon!)

Congrats to mafia and our 3p, but also congrats to town for running it so close! To be totally honest, I'd thought it was a lost cause after day 3 or so. I never expected it to come all the way to a final 3 :O Everybody involved should be proud.

I did write the town flavor and fakeclaims (I hope you guys enjoyed them!) but Stanari wrote the mafia and 3p flavor as well as all the EotDs, which is no mean feat. She also did... mostly everything else. So thank you, @Stanari! Also thank you to @Snowbelle for setup review and @Limelight for some preliminary planning (whar you go...)

@yogsloth, considering the fact that you subbed into a ~340 page game at the very last minute and were busy to boot: I don't blame you for anything and I very much hope nobody else does, either. Things would've been tough for anybody who had read everything, let alone in your situation... and of course @Starstream did a great job as well! Please, don't worry about anything.
(Also, you were really funny in a time we really needed funny!)
WCaffsig.pngWChubsig.pngWCsigraffle.pngWCIFsig.png
Lux's/my QT: https://www.quicktopic.com/52/H/M5ZFQp8tebx48

Highlights include Lux asking "am I neutral?" when the thread was calling her neutral too.
Lux's/my QT: https://www.quicktopic.com/52/H/M5ZFQp8tebx48

Highlights include Lux asking "am I neutral?" when the thread was calling her neutral too.
[quote name="Syceris" date="2018-04-29 05:17:30" ] Good morning ... Well that ending kinda left me with a bitter taste Nothing like ending 6 days of hell with a sub that throws it because they want to end the game . You could have used the event action and town would have got their win *sigh* oh well . That was a tough learnimg curve but I did my best and stick it out. Good job Mafia you guys played REALLY well and deserve the win . Well that was an interesting experience to say the least . There were some stand out people I am so glad I was able to meet and play with . And even the ones that were harder to handle I have nothing but compassion for . It cant be easy living in their head and their world . The chat room should be interesting to read :) [/quote] Yeah, as Varikset mentioned, lynch is resolved first and then wincons are checked, so it wouldn't have helped. I am so sorry that wasn't clear, and I think it affected the last day a lot. If you are bitter, please be bitter at me - it's my fault.
Syceris wrote on 2018-04-29 05:17:30:
Good morning ...
Well that ending kinda left me with a bitter taste
Nothing like ending 6 days of hell with a sub that throws it because they want to end the game . You could have used the event action and town would have got their win *sigh* oh well .

That was a tough learnimg curve but I did my best and stick it out.

Good job Mafia you guys played REALLY well and deserve the win . Well that was an interesting experience to say the least . There were some stand out people I am so glad I was able to meet and play with . And even the ones that were harder to handle I have nothing but compassion for . It cant be easy living in their head and their world .

The chat room should be interesting to read :)
Yeah, as Varikset mentioned, lynch is resolved first and then wincons are checked, so it wouldn't have helped. I am so sorry that wasn't clear, and I think it affected the last day a lot. If you are bitter, please be bitter at me - it's my fault.
MM82e8q.png
We also noticed that it wasn't that clear in spec chat...like 10 minutes before the end iirc

rip
We also noticed that it wasn't that clear in spec chat...like 10 minutes before the end iirc

rip
@Stanari

Its ok . I feel bad for my reaction. I do not understand the game mechanics. I was sure trying to learn as I went but its clear I have a huge lack of knowledge. I have already apologised to Yogi .I was looking at what happened with an inaccurate understanding of how actions were resolved. I am not bitter at all when I do get frustrated or upset it is usually fleeting and then I shrug it off. What a huge undertaking to host a game this big and complex.
@Stanari

Its ok . I feel bad for my reaction. I do not understand the game mechanics. I was sure trying to learn as I went but its clear I have a huge lack of knowledge. I have already apologised to Yogi .I was looking at what happened with an inaccurate understanding of how actions were resolved. I am not bitter at all when I do get frustrated or upset it is usually fleeting and then I shrug it off. What a huge undertaking to host a game this big and complex.
Fd5cQVO.jpeg
Thank you all for making postgame a positive place to be, I appreciate it.

@yogsloth - hugs
Thank you all for making postgame a positive place to be, I appreciate it.

@yogsloth - hugs
MM82e8q.png
[quote name="@Syceris" date="2018-04-29 12:07:45" ] @ Stanari Its ok . I feel bad for my reaction. I do not understand the game mechanics. I was sure trying to learn as I went but its clear I have a huge lack of knowledge. I have already apologised to Yogi .I was looking at what happened with an inaccurate understanding of how actions were resolved. I am not bitter at all when I do get frustrated or upset it is usually fleeting and then I shrug it off. What a huge undertaking to host a game this big and complex. [/quote] Nah, I understand, the last day of a game is always emotionally intense. Being able to shrug that off is an amazing trait for a mafia player. Thanks for being understanding <3
@Syceris wrote on 2018-04-29 12:07:45:
@ Stanari

Nah, I understand, the last day of a game is always emotionally intense. Being able to shrug that off is an amazing trait for a mafia player. Thanks for being understanding <3
MM82e8q.png
Everyone always kills me when I’m quiet HECK

But gg everyone, I really hope to see you newer guys in the future! You all did so well!
Everyone always kills me when I’m quiet HECK

But gg everyone, I really hope to see you newer guys in the future! You all did so well!
tumblr_inline_nrfex33sDc1rbfe8q_500.gif Leremis
She/her
Wishlist
Mafia chat has been made public.

Prizes will go out by the weekend at the latest.
Mafia chat has been made public.

Prizes will go out by the weekend at the latest.
MM82e8q.png
1 2 ... 340 341 342 343 344 345 346