Back

Forum Games

Play word and forum games here.
TOPIC | [WC] Midnight Mayhem Mafia - Done!
1 2 ... 340 341 342 343 344 345 346
Hey everyone! I also had a lot of fun playing this game, especially towards the end.

Love towards all of my scum buddies: @cheshly @raiccoon @crystalrush @starstream @catgames21234

ESPECIALLY starstream, you had to end it by yourself so congrats on that, i would probably have started panicking and flipped out

also @avene same i had dreams about this game, specifically on the first few days i had dreams where cheshly had been outed as scum and lynched, and it was horrible because i knew we were all going to die, but then i woke up and everything was fine. of course, that was until cheshly actually did die.

@stanari i have no problem with sharing the mafia chat, or sharing my personal one if you want. also thanks for dealing with all my questions.

thanks to everyone for dealing with my questions actually, i kind of alternated between my private chat, mafia chat, and this thread. also asked a few questions in the spec chat. y'all are great.
Hey everyone! I also had a lot of fun playing this game, especially towards the end.

Love towards all of my scum buddies: @cheshly @raiccoon @crystalrush @starstream @catgames21234

ESPECIALLY starstream, you had to end it by yourself so congrats on that, i would probably have started panicking and flipped out

also @avene same i had dreams about this game, specifically on the first few days i had dreams where cheshly had been outed as scum and lynched, and it was horrible because i knew we were all going to die, but then i woke up and everything was fine. of course, that was until cheshly actually did die.

@stanari i have no problem with sharing the mafia chat, or sharing my personal one if you want. also thanks for dealing with all my questions.

thanks to everyone for dealing with my questions actually, i kind of alternated between my private chat, mafia chat, and this thread. also asked a few questions in the spec chat. y'all are great.
tumblr_obcrybYghZ1tfzajgo1_r1_500.gif
@cheshly

we kind of had the ability to abyss touch four people the first few nights but we had no idea what we were doing and only placed three

town is lucky we were so confused

still had fun playing with the mechanics though
@cheshly

we kind of had the ability to abyss touch four people the first few nights but we had no idea what we were doing and only placed three

town is lucky we were so confused

still had fun playing with the mechanics though
[quote name="Syceris" date="2018-04-29 05:17:30" ] Nothing like ending 6 days of hell with a sub that throws it because they want to end the game . [/quote] Well, no, I 100% did not throw the game. Given the impossibility of really reading the whole game, I was doing the best I could. Syceris had an F3 post that was vacillating all over the place and read to me as very hedgy. (The bit about "yog was 100% Town but now he's 55%",etc.) Starstream, on the other hand, just seemed to be so utterly without guile that I could not conceive of a N6 where she decided to leave me alone with her after I shaded her with my paltry previous participation. So, again, since I really couldn't read 300+ pages of game, I went with my gut. And obviously - I failed. But I actually kept bailing [i]on my own kid's birthday party [/i]to run to the computer to keep checking in to see if there were any updates/arguments/reactions to my vote to see what I could do... and... After I voted for Syceris, she posted this: [quote name="Syceris" date="2018-04-28 19:56:53" ] You are not stupid you know who mafia is . [/quote] I mean... my vote is on you and all you have to say is that I know who the mafia is? Wouldn't that mean... that... uh... y'know... I do want to apologize from the bottom of my heart, though. I was actually pretty much retired from Forum Mafia because I take this kind of thing way too hard. I feel absolutely terrible to sub into a game where the Townies worked so hard and put so much effort into it, only for some stupid rando to drop in at the eleventh hour and blow it. So... yeah. Feels real bad man. Stanari knows me to know how much of a punch in the gut it is. But I'd also like to thank her for inviting me in - her setups are always so incredibly beautiful, both visually and textually, that's it's a real pleasure just to witness one, let alone play in it. Thanks to everybody else that was able to tolerate by brief and useless inanity. I really hope I didn't ruin Mafia for some of you and that the newbies come back to give it another try. Thanks again everyone.
Syceris wrote on 2018-04-29 05:17:30:

Nothing like ending 6 days of hell with a sub that throws it because they want to end the game .

Well, no, I 100% did not throw the game. Given the impossibility of really reading the whole game, I was doing the best I could. Syceris had an F3 post that was vacillating all over the place and read to me as very hedgy. (The bit about "yog was 100% Town but now he's 55%",etc.) Starstream, on the other hand, just seemed to be so utterly without guile that I could not conceive of a N6 where she decided to leave me alone with her after I shaded her with my paltry previous participation. So, again, since I really couldn't read 300+ pages of game, I went with my gut. And obviously - I failed. But I actually kept bailing on my own kid's birthday party to run to the computer to keep checking in to see if there were any updates/arguments/reactions to my vote to see what I could do... and...

After I voted for Syceris, she posted this:
Syceris wrote on 2018-04-28 19:56:53:
You are not stupid you know who mafia is .

I mean... my vote is on you and all you have to say is that I know who the mafia is? Wouldn't that mean... that... uh... y'know...

I do want to apologize from the bottom of my heart, though. I was actually pretty much retired from Forum Mafia because I take this kind of thing way too hard. I feel absolutely terrible to sub into a game where the Townies worked so hard and put so much effort into it, only for some stupid rando to drop in at the eleventh hour and blow it. So... yeah. Feels real bad man. Stanari knows me to know how much of a punch in the gut it is.

But I'd also like to thank her for inviting me in - her setups are always so incredibly beautiful, both visually and textually, that's it's a real pleasure just to witness one, let alone play in it. Thanks to everybody else that was able to tolerate by brief and useless inanity.

I really hope I didn't ruin Mafia for some of you and that the newbies come back to give it another try.

Thanks again everyone.
@yogsloth i know since i was mafia i'm probably heavily biased, but still. i don't think anyone expected a replacement, and when we finally got one we were all hyped. it would have been very unreasonable to expect you to read over 300 pages of information. i think that based off the last day you made a reasonable choice. syceris was mainly citing arguments from before your time, whereas starstream was trying to actually talk to you. i don't think anyone believes that you threw the game (at least, they shouldn't).
@yogsloth i know since i was mafia i'm probably heavily biased, but still. i don't think anyone expected a replacement, and when we finally got one we were all hyped. it would have been very unreasonable to expect you to read over 300 pages of information. i think that based off the last day you made a reasonable choice. syceris was mainly citing arguments from before your time, whereas starstream was trying to actually talk to you. i don't think anyone believes that you threw the game (at least, they shouldn't).
@yogsloth well, as one of those townies, i definitely don't think that you were throwing the game or anything close to it, and i'm mostly just happy that we even got to a final 3--i really thought that we all would've been nuked, like, way sooner. it was a long game to backlog, you had less than 24 hours because of the phase length, and neither player posted a whole lot on the last day.

really hope you don't feel like the players here are holding this against you; i can't speak for everyone but i feel kind of strongly about this so maybe that makes up for it a bit? :'D you did as much as anyone could've asked for.

i had to trim this comment down it got too loooooong why can't i say things briefly.
@yogsloth well, as one of those townies, i definitely don't think that you were throwing the game or anything close to it, and i'm mostly just happy that we even got to a final 3--i really thought that we all would've been nuked, like, way sooner. it was a long game to backlog, you had less than 24 hours because of the phase length, and neither player posted a whole lot on the last day.

really hope you don't feel like the players here are holding this against you; i can't speak for everyone but i feel kind of strongly about this so maybe that makes up for it a bit? :'D you did as much as anyone could've asked for.

i had to trim this comment down it got too loooooong why can't i say things briefly.
LUZk8tY.png
Im sorry Yogsloth. I was disappointed in the results. I expected a town win with you being the last one standing. I did think you were just trying to end the game as quickly as possible. I thought from your posts that you k ew who was mafia and even if you didnt you knew you were town and could have ensured a 50/50 shot at a win. I was harsh and I apologise it was unfair of me . Thank you for subbing into a hard slot at end game . I appreciate your time.
Im sorry Yogsloth. I was disappointed in the results. I expected a town win with you being the last one standing. I did think you were just trying to end the game as quickly as possible. I thought from your posts that you k ew who was mafia and even if you didnt you knew you were town and could have ensured a 50/50 shot at a win. I was harsh and I apologise it was unfair of me . Thank you for subbing into a hard slot at end game . I appreciate your time.
Fd5cQVO.jpeg
[quote name="yogsloth" date="2018-04-29 08:55:31" ]. [b]But I actually kept bailing [i]on my own kid's birthday party [/i]to run to the computer to keep checking in to see if there were any updates/arguments/reactions to my vote to see what I could do... [/b]and... [/quote] @yogsloth tbh you're the MPV out of this whole cast of players. From town to scum and independent. I can't think of many people who'd be WILLING to sub this late into the game AND actively participate. If anyone's giving you salt don't listen to them. You gave town one last shot at winning the game, half the battle is won by just showing up.
yogsloth wrote on 2018-04-29 08:55:31:
. But I actually kept bailing on my own kid's birthday party to run to the computer to keep checking in to see if there were any updates/arguments/reactions to my vote to see what I could do... and...

@yogsloth

tbh
you're the MPV out of this whole cast of players. From town to scum and independent.

I can't think of many people who'd be WILLING to sub this late into the game AND actively participate.

If anyone's giving you salt don't listen to them.
You gave town one last shot at winning the game, half the battle is won by just showing up.
ary22F6.gif5nBi9J2.gifOfF9Gci.gif
@Syceris

night actions wouldn't have gone through, anyway

+ it's too bad town lost, but I'd say that leopardskin4, raiccoon, CrystalRush, Cheshly and Starstream deserved the win

it was a close game
@Syceris

night actions wouldn't have gone through, anyway

+ it's too bad town lost, but I'd say that leopardskin4, raiccoon, CrystalRush, Cheshly and Starstream deserved the win

it was a close game
@Varikset thank you. I didnt know that. I imagine the lynch would be the 1st a tion resolved then and all other actions are moot because its game over. That makes alot more sense now.
@Varikset thank you. I didnt know that. I imagine the lynch would be the 1st a tion resolved then and all other actions are moot because its game over. That makes alot more sense now.
Fd5cQVO.jpeg
Oh and yes Mafia was awesome pulling a win for town would have been quite the feat! Mafia played so well :)
Oh and yes Mafia was awesome pulling a win for town would have been quite the feat! Mafia played so well :)
Fd5cQVO.jpeg
1 2 ... 340 341 342 343 344 345 346