Back

Forum Games

Play word and forum games here.
TOPIC | Danganronpa V4 Mafia Disscussion: Day 6
1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 168 169
Hmm. Looks like I wasn't understanding things correctly. The high chances of getting a mislynch on D1 voting are concerning if it kills off a second person via RNG. It might be better to avoid a D1 lynch because it's a bigger gamble - I'm guessing RNG means town is more likely to be harmed by it than maf. [quote name="@clw23" date=2017-11-30 16:20:00] [quote name="ExoticBacoe" date=2017-11-30 16:17:22] Exactly! Aren't I nice, I'm not even killing all of you puhuhu. [/quote] That's terrifying! we could lynch a scummy town newbie by accident and then our vig/doc/power role person might die. [/quote] It's a bit too early for me to be outright sussing, but I'm squinting at this post a little. It reads to me a bit like a maf trying hard to sound towny, but I haven't seen enough yet to say.
Hmm. Looks like I wasn't understanding things correctly. The high chances of getting a mislynch on D1 voting are concerning if it kills off a second person via RNG. It might be better to avoid a D1 lynch because it's a bigger gamble - I'm guessing RNG means town is more likely to be harmed by it than maf.
@clw23 wrote on 2017-11-30:
ExoticBacoe wrote on 2017-11-30:
Exactly! Aren't I nice, I'm not even killing all of you puhuhu.

That's terrifying! we could lynch a scummy town newbie by accident and then our vig/doc/power role person might die.

It's a bit too early for me to be outright sussing, but I'm squinting at this post a little. It reads to me a bit like a maf trying hard to sound towny, but I haven't seen enough yet to say.
|______________| OOL8tGM.gif |___| }FR+0
she/her
|___| FEJeTed.gif
everyone calls me clw or clw23
you may also can me diamondclaw
everyone calls me clw or clw23
you may also can me diamondclaw
vCw0cRK.pngB5FQIol.png
I have went by a lot of names. A lot. And none of them have any relation to each other. But you guys can call me Clear or Morpho!

@starsnbars
There isn't any way to be 'careful' in the first day of mafia games because all you do is point fingers at things people say, no factual evidence involved. Town lynches can be good, believe it or not, because any time someone flips creates evidence depending on their interactions with other players.

// im yelling mobile suckssss and I have a class after this

Here's another question for you all.
Experience with mafia games?

Timezone: fr+3
Pronouns: no preference
What do you think about lurkers?: I think it's hard to get a read on lurkers because they barely contribute yet keep up with the thread. Lurking does nothing but make you look scummy.
What do you think about sheeping: Not as scummy as lurking, but could also be a sign of a newbie player not knowing what else to do. Don't just be dead voting weight and contribute! (This goes for lurkers too- we want to hear your thoughts.)
What do you think about D1 lynches?: They're good. D1 lynches help with reads and such because you can see how people react when they flip. Nothing that hasn't been explained yet, really. A 3/4 chance of lynching town doesn't look too great, but I think a D1 lynch is always better than giving mafia a free kill. It's also entirely possible to lynch mafia on the first day.

Okay, but guys, consider this: Everyone is town, but there's one mastermind. o_O
I have went by a lot of names. A lot. And none of them have any relation to each other. But you guys can call me Clear or Morpho!

@starsnbars
There isn't any way to be 'careful' in the first day of mafia games because all you do is point fingers at things people say, no factual evidence involved. Town lynches can be good, believe it or not, because any time someone flips creates evidence depending on their interactions with other players.

// im yelling mobile suckssss and I have a class after this

Here's another question for you all.
Experience with mafia games?

Timezone: fr+3
Pronouns: no preference
What do you think about lurkers?: I think it's hard to get a read on lurkers because they barely contribute yet keep up with the thread. Lurking does nothing but make you look scummy.
What do you think about sheeping: Not as scummy as lurking, but could also be a sign of a newbie player not knowing what else to do. Don't just be dead voting weight and contribute! (This goes for lurkers too- we want to hear your thoughts.)
What do you think about D1 lynches?: They're good. D1 lynches help with reads and such because you can see how people react when they flip. Nothing that hasn't been explained yet, really. A 3/4 chance of lynching town doesn't look too great, but I think a D1 lynch is always better than giving mafia a free kill. It's also entirely possible to lynch mafia on the first day.

Okay, but guys, consider this: Everyone is town, but there's one mastermind. o_O
@clw23 @NightRising

Oh! Thank you! Well then, I think it is terrible if you're innocent (called town I assume?). However, if you're the 'blackened' (maf?), the chances are in your favor. However, I think they're dangerous to both parties and, frankly, annoying.
@clw23 @NightRising

Oh! Thank you! Well then, I think it is terrible if you're innocent (called town I assume?). However, if you're the 'blackened' (maf?), the chances are in your favor. However, I think they're dangerous to both parties and, frankly, annoying.
Just call me Cos! 24, Any/All.
HJLIYn4.png
Roleplayer |Artist | Feral Alien
+4h FR time
// violent sobbing because I've been ninjad,,, so much

Doesn't the random victim of RNG include scum too??
// violent sobbing because I've been ninjad,,, so much

Doesn't the random victim of RNG include scum too??
I go by Kimdra, but will also respond to "Hey, you."

@CosmicSymbols

Welcome to the game! This is my second time playing, so I might be able to understand where you're coming from a little. I found the Mafia Wiki to be really helpful for learning the ropes (ha), as well as asking lots of questions when I was confused. It might be a little overwhelming at first, but I hope you have fun!
I go by Kimdra, but will also respond to "Hey, you."

@CosmicSymbols

Welcome to the game! This is my second time playing, so I might be able to understand where you're coming from a little. I found the Mafia Wiki to be really helpful for learning the ropes (ha), as well as asking lots of questions when I was confused. It might be a little overwhelming at first, but I hope you have fun!
|______________| OOL8tGM.gif |___| }FR+0
she/her
|___| FEJeTed.gif
The only experience I have with Mafia games is that I read through ExoticBacoe's entire Zootopia one, and then this game.

Also, we don't know if there's only one mastermind. There could be more than one.
The only experience I have with Mafia games is that I read through ExoticBacoe's entire Zootopia one, and then this game.

Also, we don't know if there's only one mastermind. There could be more than one.
ZpOY68p.gif MVeeidp.png starry_CpvLEvJ.png
— chaotic neutral
— entp-t
— slytherin
— she/her
— FR+3
Hullo! I'm Storm :D You can call me anything though, as long as it is identifiable~
Timezone: FR+16 (my signature lies)
Pronouns: She/her
What do you think about lurkers?
Lurkers are... meh. They could just be newbies not knowing what to say but I'd prod them for opinions and ideas on whatever's being discussed here.
What do you think about sheeping?
Sheeping is bad bad bad. Do not sheep as it makes it easier for maf to bandwagon and mislynch if you are town. Scum could sheep on a bandwagon to further push a mislynch. Not confscum but I'd be squinty at them.
What do you think about d1 lynches?
For normal games I'd say always lynch, but since there's also a random kill if we lynch town (which is a high possibility) we'd then lose another person that might be more towny. So lynching who we find sus no longer only gets rid of who we find sus.

I'd say no day one lynch for this game unless someone slips up.

I'm suppose to be revising for a math test now so byeee~ I won't be on until around 22FRT, when school ends. Ping me if you need me though and I'll respond when I come back!
Hullo! I'm Storm :D You can call me anything though, as long as it is identifiable~
Timezone: FR+16 (my signature lies)
Pronouns: She/her
What do you think about lurkers?
Lurkers are... meh. They could just be newbies not knowing what to say but I'd prod them for opinions and ideas on whatever's being discussed here.
What do you think about sheeping?
Sheeping is bad bad bad. Do not sheep as it makes it easier for maf to bandwagon and mislynch if you are town. Scum could sheep on a bandwagon to further push a mislynch. Not confscum but I'd be squinty at them.
What do you think about d1 lynches?
For normal games I'd say always lynch, but since there's also a random kill if we lynch town (which is a high possibility) we'd then lose another person that might be more towny. So lynching who we find sus no longer only gets rid of who we find sus.

I'd say no day one lynch for this game unless someone slips up.

I'm suppose to be revising for a math test now so byeee~ I won't be on until around 22FRT, when school ends. Ping me if you need me though and I'll respond when I come back!
jghAv2V.png
@CosmicSymbols

well, of course they're dangerous, but so is this entire game, now isn't it?

@morphogenetic

*waves* i've played 3 games and hosted 1!

and yes, randomly selected is randomly selected, so it could hit scum but that's just not a good chance. ugh.

looking forwards to seeing clw's response to Kimdra when you get to it.
@CosmicSymbols

well, of course they're dangerous, but so is this entire game, now isn't it?

@morphogenetic

*waves* i've played 3 games and hosted 1!

and yes, randomly selected is randomly selected, so it could hit scum but that's just not a good chance. ugh.

looking forwards to seeing clw's response to Kimdra when you get to it.
WBC5JG3.png
MUYNhfy.png
mlHpBMC.png
SM9WJh6.png
7c8ZUEs.png
xxxxxsource

Many matchy g1s up for offer here! Send a PM!
29369802.png featured
dragon
again, due to the rules of this game, i will repeat that we shouldn't d1 lynch unless someone really does mess up so badly you can't ignore that they're scum.
again, due to the rules of this game, i will repeat that we shouldn't d1 lynch unless someone really does mess up so badly you can't ignore that they're scum.
WBC5JG3.png
MUYNhfy.png
mlHpBMC.png
SM9WJh6.png
7c8ZUEs.png
xxxxxsource

Many matchy g1s up for offer here! Send a PM!
29369802.png featured
dragon
1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 168 169