Back

Forum Games

Play word and forum games here.
TOPIC | [TCC] Dulce de Aventura ~ CYOA
1 2 ... 37 38 39 40 41 ... 50 51
[center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=6979627] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/69797/6979627_350.png[/img] [/url][/center] [i]Venom could honestly say that they had enjoyed themself, even with the stony batterings and half-drownings. They move through the grasses along the shore to reach the flat, smooth rocks farther up the hills; a well-earned session with the sun is just what they need...[/i]

Venom could honestly say that they had enjoyed themself, even with the stony batterings and half-drownings. They move through the grasses along the shore to reach the flat, smooth rocks farther up the hills; a well-earned session with the sun is just what they need...
nMkuik2.gifsNtd9Dk.gif4AJs72V.pngl9DOymq.pngsNtd9Dk.gifRz7ZJcJ.png
@Firra Heehee, both of my characters this and last time have had clear priorities that have kept them from straying far from the recommended path. Maybe next time I oughta figure someone (or a certain sibling duo) a tad more chaotic to bring, heh. So is @Rocwylde's Giovanni going to be okay? >.>; [size=2]Maybe he's gonna go through something like Touching the Void...[/size] It was fun to read what was happening elsewhere in the caves. Shame that we didn't find anything nearly as spectacular as the first stop. Thanks indeed for running this, Firra and @Tyeth. ^^ I vaguely assume that things like getting final healthbars (separately from the sets shown on the first page) and the pre-sign-up badges will be part of tomorrow's final tying up of loose ends. I look forward to it. :) Anyhoo, here comes a headcanon that those who hit zero-health lost consciousness rather than their lives ^^;.... [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=1666216][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/16663/1666216p.png[/img][/url][/center] This was not the best way to travel. It could be difficult to take your mind off the drastic shift in temperature that came from coming into contact with a river like this. Depending on the river's temperature and one's own sensitivity, it could be uncomfortable to the point where it became painful. In spite of this, progress was steady for a time and it seemed that nothing would go seriously wrong. However, as may occur naturally or by design, things got worse before they got better. Leaving aside the likes of mud, when a surface became wet, it made travel without losing one's footing more difficult. Whether it was wind or current, when natural forces ran adversely to passage, the journey became a more difficult one. When multiple impeding factors act at once, a flawless success became no longer so likely an ideal. As Shunic was in the process of forcing a step against the current, the rear foot holding a notable proportion of his weight slipped, the front foot that had been ground strained under the added pressure for a moment and gave. Shunic tumbled with the current until the rope caught him. For those who hatched on Plateau or in the inner Sea, it was not so much a matter of fighting for air as fighting for control. Either fighting or relaxing brought pain. From the struggling figures the Mirror could make out it seemed others were in similar straits. In the end, thanks to the truly heroic efforts of Valena, Shunic and the rest of the group, bar those who'd foolishly neglected to join the rope-line who fared worse, emerged without great injury, if battered, sodden and grateful for rest. As search parties came and went and Conrad's portion of the group appeared, it seemed the entirety of the original group were recovered in varying states of injury and exhaustion. Skilled medics and healers were present to care for those in worse condition and the Mirror heard of the great efforts on the part of both guides to ensure everyone made it out, as well as some curious tale of a lake-beast Conrad was familiar with. Isthen had been patrolling the exits of the caves in case there was word of trouble and a few other friends from the clan had come by once word had got out that the guides had begun to successfully evacuate the tour group. Though many would see this as a day of ill-fortune, Shunic felt reassured that everyone was going to be okay in the end. As the merry din of the festival beyond carried on till its last hour, the Wind Mirror was one of those who thanked the two guides for their hard work to get everyone to safety, before resting in preparation for the journey home.
@Firra

Heehee, both of my characters this and last time have had clear priorities that have kept them from straying far from the recommended path. Maybe next time I oughta figure someone (or a certain sibling duo) a tad more chaotic to bring, heh.

So is @Rocwylde's Giovanni going to be okay? >.>; Maybe he's gonna go through something like Touching the Void...

It was fun to read what was happening elsewhere in the caves. Shame that we didn't find anything nearly as spectacular as the first stop. Thanks indeed for running this, Firra and @Tyeth. ^^
I vaguely assume that things like getting final healthbars (separately from the sets shown on the first page) and the pre-sign-up badges will be part of tomorrow's final tying up of loose ends. I look forward to it. :)

Anyhoo, here comes a headcanon that those who hit zero-health lost consciousness rather than their lives ^^;....

1666216p.png

This was not the best way to travel. It could be difficult to take your mind off the drastic shift in temperature that came from coming into contact with a river like this. Depending on the river's temperature and one's own sensitivity, it could be uncomfortable to the point where it became painful.

In spite of this, progress was steady for a time and it seemed that nothing would go seriously wrong. However, as may occur naturally or by design, things got worse before they got better.

Leaving aside the likes of mud, when a surface became wet, it made travel without losing one's footing more difficult. Whether it was wind or current, when natural forces ran adversely to passage, the journey became a more difficult one. When multiple impeding factors act at once, a flawless success became no longer so likely an ideal.

As Shunic was in the process of forcing a step against the current, the rear foot holding a notable proportion of his weight slipped, the front foot that had been ground strained under the added pressure for a moment and gave. Shunic tumbled with the current until the rope caught him. For those who hatched on Plateau or in the inner Sea, it was not so much a matter of fighting for air as fighting for control. Either fighting or relaxing brought pain. From the struggling figures the Mirror could make out it seemed others were in similar straits.

In the end, thanks to the truly heroic efforts of Valena, Shunic and the rest of the group, bar those who'd foolishly neglected to join the rope-line who fared worse, emerged without great injury, if battered, sodden and grateful for rest. As search parties came and went and Conrad's portion of the group appeared, it seemed the entirety of the original group were recovered in varying states of injury and exhaustion. Skilled medics and healers were present to care for those in worse condition and the Mirror heard of the great efforts on the part of both guides to ensure everyone made it out, as well as some curious tale of a lake-beast Conrad was familiar with.
Isthen had been patrolling the exits of the caves in case there was word of trouble and a few other friends from the clan had come by once word had got out that the guides had begun to successfully evacuate the tour group. Though many would see this as a day of ill-fortune, Shunic felt reassured that everyone was going to be okay in the end. As the merry din of the festival beyond carried on till its last hour, the Wind Mirror was one of those who thanked the two guides for their hard work to get everyone to safety, before resting in preparation for the journey home.
thvaFIy.gif merrilyn_stanzascale_100_by_dragonnmr-daepisq.gif Al57MeZ.pngpczVZcg.png5VYqqm9.pngPGOToAl.png CNCiTkT.png 2uXjxgw.png
Vesparian now knew that an adventure just wasn't for him. Now it's to home for a nice warm bath and sleep.
Vesparian now knew that an adventure just wasn't for him. Now it's to home for a nice warm bath and sleep.
apagfTT.png
tumblr_njfpzkC48X1tlw9cco2_500.png

8MsS7cV.pngoNdzJAj.png
suzukiayako_banner_by_eyenoom-d6kg3c4.png
@Stanzascale

I was very surprised at how many people stayed with the guides. Also, yes, a lot of the health bars/badges etc will be handled tomorrow. (Though, I love to get to it later today.)

Rescue workers are still searching for everyone, so if they can just hold out until they get found everyone should be okay! The problem with the 0 hp endings are that they end up in very difficult to find places and very injured.

It's a real shame that @Rocwylde doesn't have health bar because what just happened was really dramatic. The pit would normally result in 0 health. So the little goblin showing up at the last minute to give the scone right before heading down was super intense, because that's the only way to survive that end. I'm interested to see what they write, but from a mechanics/health bar perspective Giovanni's hanging in there.
@Stanzascale

I was very surprised at how many people stayed with the guides. Also, yes, a lot of the health bars/badges etc will be handled tomorrow. (Though, I love to get to it later today.)

Rescue workers are still searching for everyone, so if they can just hold out until they get found everyone should be okay! The problem with the 0 hp endings are that they end up in very difficult to find places and very injured.

It's a real shame that @Rocwylde doesn't have health bar because what just happened was really dramatic. The pit would normally result in 0 health. So the little goblin showing up at the last minute to give the scone right before heading down was super intense, because that's the only way to survive that end. I'm interested to see what they write, but from a mechanics/health bar perspective Giovanni's hanging in there.
60787410.png 57806280.png
Ahahaha I died, just like in all the books I read. <3 Nice work, this was great!
Ahahaha I died, just like in all the books I read. <3 Nice work, this was great!
Edna: Well that was quite an adventure. I was so caught up in the moment that I didn't collect any samples for my research. Maybe I'll return again next year to collect those interesting samples. At least I still have the snack to bring back to my clan mates as a souvenir.
Edna: Well that was quite an adventure. I was so caught up in the moment that I didn't collect any samples for my research. Maybe I'll return again next year to collect those interesting samples. At least I still have the snack to bring back to my clan mates as a souvenir.
[url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=18335240] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/183353/18335240_350.png[/img] [/url] Ow...

18335240_350.png

Ow...
uj5w35F.pngSvg7y.gifeZKAdNB.png
[center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=31798220] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/317983/31798220p.png[/img] [/url][/center] - Nonononogrrlllp... - Under the water? It is her worst nightmare really! For almost any ridgeback. She tries to escape any means she knows, and her struggle may make Valena's efforts harder. She is flapping with her wigs, catching every rock she can reach. Slowly her breath just lost and the next thing she remembers is the sun. De lovely, warm, non-wet sun. Finally. The excitiment would be enough for a full year. @Firra @Tyeth Thank you and for the other organizers for the amazing Tour! However Ivanova will hate water even more after this. xD

- Nonononogrrlllp... - Under the water? It is her worst nightmare really! For almost any ridgeback. She tries to escape any means she knows, and her struggle may make Valena's efforts harder. She is flapping with her wigs, catching every rock she can reach. Slowly her breath just lost and the next thing she remembers is the sun. De lovely, warm, non-wet sun. Finally. The excitiment would be enough for a full year.

@Firra @Tyeth
Thank you and for the other organizers for the amazing Tour! However Ivanova will hate water even more after this. xD
TzSdlFL.png
[url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=24154625] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/241547/24154625_350.png[/img] [/url] Konarial ached all over; this was the last time he's ever going cave exploring! ...At least, till someone finds some ancient technologies somewhere in a new cave...

24154625_350.png

Konarial ached all over; this was the last time he's ever going cave exploring! ...At least, till someone finds some ancient technologies somewhere in a new cave...
U4Cs8mx.gif
|| He/She/They | FRT+3 | INFP | Demi x3 | Lore Clan | Eternal Acolight ||
floating_hearts_demiromantic_by_awesomewaffle11-dczokz7.giffloating_hearts_demigirl_by_awesomewaffle11-dczoifg.giffloating_hearts_demisexual_by_awesomewaffle11-dczokz2.gif
[url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=15318619] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/153187/15318619_350.png[/img] [/url] Storm took a deep breath. That was a near disaster. Perhaps she should have trusted her guide and stuck with the group the entire way. Oh well, at least she was safe. After she was rested and some time had passed, Storm saw other stragglers emerging from the cave system and eventually noticed Valena and the main group. Phew - at least they had made it out! Good thing she didn't try to go back for them - it would have only got her buried in a cave-in. Well, that was an interesting little adventure. It was nearly time to return to her clan - perhaps she wouldn't mention [i]everything[/i] that happened this festival.

15318619_350.png

Storm took a deep breath. That was a near disaster. Perhaps she should have trusted her guide and stuck with the group the entire way. Oh well, at least she was safe.

After she was rested and some time had passed, Storm saw other stragglers emerging from the cave system and eventually noticed Valena and the main group. Phew - at least they had made it out! Good thing she didn't try to go back for them - it would have only got her buried in a cave-in.

Well, that was an interesting little adventure. It was nearly time to return to her clan - perhaps she wouldn't mention everything that happened this festival.
OOF HubOOF RaffleArt MarketplaceIn-flight Raffle
1 2 ... 37 38 39 40 41 ... 50 51