Back

Forum Games

Play word and forum games here.
TOPIC | Fandom Mafia: Reborn - Game Thread (END)
1 2 ... 21 22 23 24 25 ... 98 99
I'm sorry, you did say stuff. I'm hadn't read everything when I posted. But yes, you had several posts. You pointed people out. I will edit it now that I've seen you posts. And yes, I've been trying to keep up with the thread, but I do have a bit to catch up on. I mentioned you because I had made a list, and was going down it.
@Cognitive

Senpi wouldn't have made the mistake.
I'm sorry, you did say stuff. I'm hadn't read everything when I posted. But yes, you had several posts. You pointed people out. I will edit it now that I've seen you posts. And yes, I've been trying to keep up with the thread, but I do have a bit to catch up on. I mentioned you because I had made a list, and was going down it.
@Cognitive

Senpi wouldn't have made the mistake.
flightrising_banner_by_vipersbite-d6b2f93.png
Okay, didn't get this in before night started after work. I really want to start to be more helpful, I'm just super inexperienced at this. So, I went back and looked through the last 20 pages for anything that stood out. The vast majority of with will have already been covered, though. [quote name="TyrianCallows" date=2017-06-25 17:22:00] By the way Little Princelings, I, you're high ruler has made a[url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/link?url=https%3A%2F%2Fdocs.google.com%2Fspreadsheets%2Fd%2F15LnYNs8nfFxkSOyI8bXdLCoQQi8-93cJrk79lJBLiLI%2Fedit%3Fusp%3Dsharing] mock-up sheet of all you maggots[/url]! For your viewing pleasure of course~[/quote] http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/forga/2219085/2#post_27972848 TyrianCallows has made their spreadsheet private. Hmmmm.... [quote name="Wyxamex"]FOR ALL WE KNOW NUMBER 10 IS THE ONLY EVIL PERSON HERE! WOULDN'T THAT BE AN INTERESTING TURN OF EVENTS![/quote] http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/forga/2219085/6#post_27980753 I highly doubt that, tbh. It'd be a pretty boring game if that were true [quote name="amapup" date=2017-06-26 20:25:38] Current sus list: BerryBagel - very sus. Keeps trying to use flavor and character roles in a b-stard game to justify alignments (even if their pressure lynch on Agrina does have valid reasoning). [b]Tries to blow it off when their own logic is used against them.[/b] Does not have the newbie's excuse of ignorance. [b]Why are you so eager to not come across as third party? Also strong support for a player that makes one minor callout post and then disappears.[/b] LordMalak - sus. Against D1 lynch. TyrianCallows - mmmmm. On one hand: very active, spreadsheet, important reminder on lynch closing. On the other hand: states supportive of lynch but makes lynch placeholder a throwaway vote,[b] majority of posts have little content, no contributions to scumhunting, stances on character hunting and excessively early inactive prod rub me the wrong way[/b]. I have to say I don't agree with sus for the roleblock mention though. [/quote] http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/forga/2219085/12#post_27997202 Just bolded some things that I liked in your post and agreed with. Though, I don't think being agaist D1 lynching should automatially make anyone sus. I don't like lynching when I don't have a good idea of who I think is sus, and random lynching doesn't really seem like it'd be helpful. Although, I would like to see the people who did get voted on for lynching try to defend themselves. I haven't really seen that happen yet... [quote name="Wyxamex" date=2017-06-27 13:24:02] LORDMALAK POSTED THRICE SO FAR - GREAT NUMBER, DON'T POST EVER AGAIN - AND SHE ONLY ANSWERED QUESTIONS. AS SUCH, I'M INCLINED TO BELIEVE SHE'S LURKING. THAT IN ITSELF ISN'T TOO BIG A DEAL, SINCE NOT EVERYONE ALWAYS HAS THINGS TO SAY, BUT THE LOW VALUE CONTENT IN HER POSTS SCREAM 'EH' TO ME. Δ [/quote] http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/forga/2219085/18#post_28009561 I will apologize for lurking a little. I really don't have much to say at the moment. I will do my best to change that from now on. [quote]LORDMALAK POSTED THRICE SO FAR - GREAT NUMBER, DON'T POST EVER AGAIN[/quote] Sorry ;) [quote name="Quamosthy" date=2017-06-27 16:22:15] Something else of note against TyrianCallows is that I don't think they've posted much at all since suspicion's been directed at them. They were really active before, but have since gone very, very quiet. [/quote] http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/forga/2219085/20#post_28012854 Yes, I've noticed that too. An extremely busy day? Trying to go under the radar?It is weird that they'd suddenly go quiet after being so active [quote]LordMalak- If I were capable of emotion I WOULD LOVE DIS DOKTOR! Okay but seriously, their first post says that they will not argue if town decides to lynch on Day One because the rest of the players are probably more experienced than them.[b] That kind of implies, to me, that they will let the rest of town lead. That can be a problem, as you are never certain who is town in this game, and you could easily be misled by someone you think is an experienced town leader and is actually mafia. I feel that it is not a problem to "go with the flow" IF you truly agree with the majority, but try to still be an individual and form your own opinions about things.[/b][/quote] @Werelynx I will take this as advice, thank you :) I will take it into consideration from now on (Also, I think I know which character your are. Perhaps my favorite android?) [quote name="RavenWolf" date=2017-06-27 19:17:35] [quote name="M00nKnight" date=2017-06-27 14:43:38] [b] I don't personally share my role because of what role I have.[/b] [/quote] Snipped the post down alot, but this came across as a little bit sus to me. why would you rather not state your role? [/quote] They could be trying not to paint a target on their back. But by saying that, don’t they kinda paint a target on their back anyways? I might try to get more in-character tomorrow. Oktoberfest!
Okay, didn't get this in before night started after work. I really want to start to be more helpful, I'm just super inexperienced at this. So, I went back and looked through the last 20 pages for anything that stood out. The vast majority of with will have already been covered, though.
TyrianCallows wrote on 2017-06-25:
By the way Little Princelings, I, you're high ruler has made a mock-up sheet of all you maggots! For your viewing pleasure of course~
http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/forga/2219085/2#post_27972848
TyrianCallows has made their spreadsheet private. Hmmmm....
Wyxamex wrote:
FOR ALL WE KNOW NUMBER 10 IS THE ONLY EVIL PERSON HERE! WOULDN'T THAT BE AN INTERESTING TURN OF EVENTS!
http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/forga/2219085/6#post_27980753
I highly doubt that, tbh. It'd be a pretty boring game if that were true
amapup wrote on 2017-06-26:

Current sus list:

BerryBagel - very sus. Keeps trying to use flavor and character roles in a b-stard game to justify alignments (even if their pressure lynch on Agrina does have valid reasoning). Tries to blow it off when their own logic is used against them. Does not have the newbie's excuse of ignorance. Why are you so eager to not come across as third party? Also strong support for a player that makes one minor callout post and then disappears.

LordMalak - sus. Against D1 lynch.

TyrianCallows - mmmmm. On one hand: very active, spreadsheet, important reminder on lynch closing. On the other hand: states supportive of lynch but makes lynch placeholder a throwaway vote, majority of posts have little content, no contributions to scumhunting, stances on character hunting and excessively early inactive prod rub me the wrong way. I have to say I don't agree with sus for the roleblock mention though.
http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/forga/2219085/12#post_27997202
Just bolded some things that I liked in your post and agreed with.

Though, I don't think being agaist D1 lynching should automatially make anyone sus. I don't like lynching when I don't have a good idea of who I think is sus, and random lynching doesn't really seem like it'd be helpful. Although, I would like to see the people who did get voted on for lynching try to defend themselves. I haven't really seen that happen yet...
Wyxamex wrote on 2017-06-27:
LORDMALAK POSTED THRICE SO FAR - GREAT NUMBER, DON'T POST EVER AGAIN - AND SHE ONLY ANSWERED QUESTIONS. AS SUCH, I'M INCLINED TO BELIEVE SHE'S LURKING. THAT IN ITSELF ISN'T TOO BIG A DEAL, SINCE NOT EVERYONE ALWAYS HAS THINGS TO SAY, BUT THE LOW VALUE CONTENT IN HER POSTS SCREAM 'EH' TO ME. Δ
http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/forga/2219085/18#post_28009561
I will apologize for lurking a little. I really don't have much to say at the moment. I will do my best to change that from now on.
Quote:
LORDMALAK POSTED THRICE SO FAR - GREAT NUMBER, DON'T POST EVER AGAIN
Sorry ;)
Quamosthy wrote on 2017-06-27:
Something else of note against TyrianCallows is that I don't think they've posted much at all since suspicion's been directed at them. They were really active before, but have since gone very, very quiet.
http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/forga/2219085/20#post_28012854
Yes, I've noticed that too. An extremely busy day? Trying to go under the radar?It is weird that they'd suddenly go quiet after being so active
Quote:
LordMalak- If I were capable of emotion I WOULD LOVE DIS DOKTOR! Okay but seriously, their first post says that they will not argue if town decides to lynch on Day One because the rest of the players are probably more experienced than them. That kind of implies, to me, that they will let the rest of town lead. That can be a problem, as you are never certain who is town in this game, and you could easily be misled by someone you think is an experienced town leader and is actually mafia. I feel that it is not a problem to "go with the flow" IF you truly agree with the majority, but try to still be an individual and form your own opinions about things.
@Werelynx
I will take this as advice, thank you :) I will take it into consideration from now on (Also, I think I know which character your are. Perhaps my favorite android?)
RavenWolf wrote on 2017-06-27:
M00nKnight wrote on 2017-06-27:
I don't personally share my role because of what role I have.

Snipped the post down alot, but this came across as a little bit sus to me. why would you rather not state your role?
They could be trying not to paint a target on their back. But by saying that, don’t they kinda paint a target on their back anyways?

I might try to get more in-character tomorrow. Oktoberfest!
hatcherysig_by_darthyoda42-dclux4n.png
Alright you fools, I am back from my gaming session and regrettably, I had to miss out on EoD. Ended up pulling in a no lynch. Not good. Before anyone wants to get the bright idea that neglected to vote despite I highly support lynching, especially D1; subbing in late - agonizingly close to EoD does not leave much room for deliberation. Especially when you have to sleep and already have prior arrangements that take away from what little time there already is. When I was asked to replace Crowlich was unfortunately at a pretty bad time. [quote name="@M00nKnight" date=2017-06-27 15:49:41] @/Ragiku I get that everyone's pinned against each other in this game, but can we cut @/Agrina some slack? Everyone's bombarding them, which, from personal experience, I know that that can be overwhelming and make you not want to participate at all. How can they help us if we scare them away, no offense. [/quote] Honestly, considering this is a game relative to heavy finger pointing and heated debates, it's already expected of each player to know what they are driving into. However, I do understand these games can get overwhelming despite their intensity, and if that happens, it's best to probably take a break and step back from the game. I've had to do this a few scant times, so no one will fault them for it. But just asking to cut someone slack for the sake of cutting someone slack isn't something I find encouraging and should be avoided. [quote name="@Werelynx" date=2017-06-27 17:12:53] -snip- [b]I just want to say that I think from experience it is a common mafia tactic to post as many posts as you can so that it looks like you are contributing even if you are not.[/b] I am 97.23% sure that someone in the thread has mentioned this already, but I have not looked. Just expressing my own opinion. [/quote] I have seen plenty of both mafia and town vying equally as the highest vocalized players, so considering this, I do not get how based on one game and just as a pointed tactic you used designates being vocal as AI? I've seen mafia slip right beneath the radar by being less vocal and just contributing enough to appear town with PoV and end up having town just simply eliminate each other with ease. One of the last games I was in mafia practically won this way. So your logic here seems rather odd. [quote name="@Quamosthy" date=2017-06-27 20:06:31] Okay, I can post what I intended to earlier now. Again, I apologise for that. @/Werelynx My main motivation for calling out TyrianCallows for her early nudge of the inactive players was exactly because of that: it was early. Way too early. Ten hours in to a 48-hour day cycle? Some people would have simply not had the opportunity to post. This is likely just my own personality bleeding in here, but it irks me when that sort of stuff happens. A little patience is in order. I think they should be given at least a day before they should be looked at as scum, or even inactive in the first place. I also brought up the potential of vocal scum, because in the one game I did play, I was scum and my tactic was to be very vocal, and try to at least seem helpful. Contribute, but contribute stuff that will muddle the thoughts of the town or lead them the wrong way. The reason I think we should be wary of vocal scum is because that's the tactic I would personally use. My opinion of the D1 lynch being a culmination of what I've heard others say is purely because I lack experience. I've only played one other game that I've really known what's going on (the old Fandom Mafia), as anything else before that is too long ago (in the realm of five to six years ago) for me to remember anything useful. Besides, it was a chat-style Mafia, and I was never very good at it. [/quote] As I said to Lynx, how is being a vocal player counted as AI? Re: Slot Ten. I have been in a few games where there was a reserved slot that was generally unknown to the player base. Usually these slots are geared towards the mods for special characters that have special abilities and roles that could be interlocked to certain wincons or for added special mechanics. Considering this has just done nothing but general continuous speculation without much of anything contextual behind it, I feel we are wasting time deliberating on it until at least we have more information on exactly what the slot is for. Re: TyrianCallows My initial opinion on Tyrian was on how aggressive they were right out of the gate and how fast they seemed to jump behind Berry on the situation with Agrina. A lot of their content was lacking thereof, with the exception of the spreadsheet which is now private. Interesting. What I find more intriguing is the fact is that several people have pointed their suspicions on their behavior and it seems they have literally gone silent. Which is upon close inspection, seems rather strange. I am not quite sure what this would imply since it's rather abrupt. However, it has me wondering to say the least on why they have not attempted to provide a defense. At this point, I am going to be closely watching what they do as we proceed into day two. Grated they did attempt to prod the inactive people into joining the discussion, which isn't necessarily a bad thing. But the majority of their posts lack content, substance towards general targets and who they find as scummy and felt more lackluster without heavy drive to participate. Considering this, I definitely would like to hear what they have to say in accordance to the suspicions that have been placed against them.
Alright you fools, I am back from my gaming session and regrettably, I had to miss out on EoD.

Ended up pulling in a no lynch. Not good.

Before anyone wants to get the bright idea that neglected to vote despite I highly support lynching, especially D1; subbing in late - agonizingly close to EoD does not leave much room for deliberation. Especially when you have to sleep and already have prior arrangements that take away from what little time there already is. When I was asked to replace Crowlich was unfortunately at a pretty bad time.

@M00nKnight wrote on 2017-06-27:
@/Ragiku I get that everyone's pinned against each other in this game, but can we cut @/Agrina some slack? Everyone's bombarding them, which, from personal experience, I know that that can be overwhelming and make you not want to participate at all. How can they help us if we scare them away, no offense.

Honestly, considering this is a game relative to heavy finger pointing and heated debates, it's already expected of each player to know what they are driving into. However, I do understand these games can get overwhelming despite their intensity, and if that happens, it's best to probably take a break and step back from the game. I've had to do this a few scant times, so no one will fault them for it.

But just asking to cut someone slack for the sake of cutting someone slack isn't something I find encouraging and should be avoided.

@Werelynx wrote on 2017-06-27:
-snip-
I just want to say that I think from experience it is a common mafia tactic to post as many posts as you can so that it looks like you are contributing even if you are not. I am 97.23% sure that someone in the thread has mentioned this already, but I have not looked. Just expressing my own opinion.

I have seen plenty of both mafia and town vying equally as the highest vocalized players, so considering this, I do not get how based on one game and just as a pointed tactic you used designates being vocal as AI? I've seen mafia slip right beneath the radar by being less vocal and just contributing enough to appear town with PoV and end up having town just simply eliminate each other with ease. One of the last games I was in mafia practically won this way. So your logic here seems rather odd.

@Quamosthy wrote on 2017-06-27:
Okay, I can post what I intended to earlier now. Again, I apologise for that.

@/Werelynx

My main motivation for calling out TyrianCallows for her early nudge of the inactive players was exactly because of that: it was early. Way too early. Ten hours in to a 48-hour day cycle? Some people would have simply not had the opportunity to post. This is likely just my own personality bleeding in here, but it irks me when that sort of stuff happens. A little patience is in order. I think they should be given at least a day before they should be looked at as scum, or even inactive in the first place.

I also brought up the potential of vocal scum, because in the one game I did play, I was scum and my tactic was to be very vocal, and try to at least seem helpful. Contribute, but contribute stuff that will muddle the thoughts of the town or lead them the wrong way. The reason I think we should be wary of vocal scum is because that's the tactic I would personally use.

My opinion of the D1 lynch being a culmination of what I've heard others say is purely because I lack experience. I've only played one other game that I've really known what's going on (the old Fandom Mafia), as anything else before that is too long ago (in the realm of five to six years ago) for me to remember anything useful. Besides, it was a chat-style Mafia, and I was never very good at it.

As I said to Lynx, how is being a vocal player counted as AI?

Re: Slot Ten.

I have been in a few games where there was a reserved slot that was generally unknown to the player base. Usually these slots are geared towards the mods for special characters that have special abilities and roles that could be interlocked to certain wincons or for added special mechanics. Considering this has just done nothing but general continuous speculation without much of anything contextual behind it, I feel we are wasting time deliberating on it until at least we have more information on exactly what the slot is for.

Re: TyrianCallows

My initial opinion on Tyrian was on how aggressive they were right out of the gate and how fast they seemed to jump behind Berry on the situation with Agrina. A lot of their content was lacking thereof, with the exception of the spreadsheet which is now private. Interesting. What I find more intriguing is the fact is that several people have pointed their suspicions on their behavior and it seems they have literally gone silent. Which is upon close inspection, seems rather strange. I am not quite sure what this would imply since it's rather abrupt. However, it has me wondering to say the least on why they have not attempted to provide a defense. At this point, I am going to be closely watching what they do as we proceed into day two. Grated they did attempt to prod the inactive people into joining the discussion, which isn't necessarily a bad thing. But the majority of their posts lack content, substance towards general targets and who they find as scummy and felt more lackluster without heavy drive to participate. Considering this, I definitely would like to hear what they have to say in accordance to the suspicions that have been placed against them.
Z9y97hI.pngfmncwKc.pngIIqCc0y.png
@Rangiku

I already explained why I feel vocal players are as supicious as the quiet ones in that post. It's a tactic I personally would use, so that makes me more wary of it. That's not to say that lurkers aren't potentially scum either, they're just as suspect if not more so. I-I was merely saying that we should stay alert.
@Rangiku

I already explained why I feel vocal players are as supicious as the quiet ones in that post. It's a tactic I personally would use, so that makes me more wary of it. That's not to say that lurkers aren't potentially scum either, they're just as suspect if not more so. I-I was merely saying that we should stay alert.
Vigorous Goblet I collect Vigorous Goblets
Vampire Hunting: Scatterquest

_____
Iron Treasure Chest Festival Shop
Mass Hatch Egg Trading
G1s for Sale
[quote name="@Quamosthy" date=2017-06-27 22:36:45] @/Rangiku I already explained why I feel vocal players are as supicious as the quiet ones in that post. It's a tactic I personally would use, so that makes me more wary of it. That's not to say that lurkers aren't potentially scum either, they're just as suspect if not more so. I-I was merely saying that we should stay alert. [/quote] Nothing wrong with being vigilant - we need everyone's participation if we are to track down scum and not let them slip through the cracks. But singling out vocal players over more quite players doesn't strike me as noteworthy as vocal players can just as easily be mafia or town. It really isn't AI and I wouldn't overlook anyone just based on post activity.
@Quamosthy wrote on 2017-06-27:
@/Rangiku

Nothing wrong with being vigilant - we need everyone's participation if we are to track down scum and not let them slip through the cracks. But singling out vocal players over more quite players doesn't strike me as noteworthy as vocal players can just as easily be mafia or town. It really isn't AI and I wouldn't overlook anyone just based on post activity.
Z9y97hI.pngfmncwKc.pngIIqCc0y.png
@Rangiku

A-amusingly, that's exactly my point. Don't let anyone slip through the cracks, be they quiet or active. We need to stay sharp.
@Rangiku

A-amusingly, that's exactly my point. Don't let anyone slip through the cracks, be they quiet or active. We need to stay sharp.
Vigorous Goblet I collect Vigorous Goblets
Vampire Hunting: Scatterquest

_____
Iron Treasure Chest Festival Shop
Mass Hatch Egg Trading
G1s for Sale
[quote name="@LordMalak" date=2017-06-27 21:07:21][left] [/left][quote name="TyrianCallows" date=2017-06-25 17:22:00] By the way Little Princelings, I, you're high ruler has made a[url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/link?url=https%3A%2F%2Fdocs.google.com%2Fspreadsheets%2Fd%2F15LnYNs8nfFxkSOyI8bXdLCoQQi8-93cJrk79lJBLiLI%2Fedit%3Fusp%3Dsharing] mock-up sheet of all you maggots[/url]! For your viewing pleasure of course~[/quote] http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/forga/2219085/2#post_27972848 TyrianCallows has made their spreadsheet private. Hmmmm.... [/quote] Very interesting. Thanks for picking up on that. (Sorry I realize I've gone kind of quiet. I'll be making a longer post later today.) [scooby snacks? *puppy eyes*] @StormDreamer Any indications of what happened to you aside from the EotD post?
@LordMalak wrote on 2017-06-27:
TyrianCallows wrote on 2017-06-25:
By the way Little Princelings, I, you're high ruler has made a mock-up sheet of all you maggots! For your viewing pleasure of course~
http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/forga/2219085/2#post_27972848
TyrianCallows has made their spreadsheet private. Hmmmm....
Very interesting. Thanks for picking up on that.

(Sorry I realize I've gone kind of quiet. I'll be making a longer post later today.)

[scooby snacks? *puppy eyes*]

@StormDreamer Any indications of what happened to you aside from the EotD post?
9.pngC4op4pY.png9.png
Δ @AMAPUP THROWS A SCOOBY SNACK Δ

Δ I'M AT THE AMUSEMENT PARK BUT I'LL GET BACK LATER TODAY WITH ACTUAL INSIGHT Δ

Δ EDIT: NEEDED TO FIX MY TRIANGLES Δ
Δ @AMAPUP THROWS A SCOOBY SNACK Δ

Δ I'M AT THE AMUSEMENT PARK BUT I'LL GET BACK LATER TODAY WITH ACTUAL INSIGHT Δ

Δ EDIT: NEEDED TO FIX MY TRIANGLES Δ
GaHRZvh.png
bYt72YT.png
HzrhVnd.png
Wyx
I have a constant money shortage
YMPbu9R.png
fzM10XR.png
rUoKR6y.png
WKtl2lb.png
@RavenWolf @LordMalak The question both of you asked is answered in the exact same post that you took the quote from. I'm sorry, but I'm not going to answer the same question 3 times. That's too much for me. I'll send in a reads later.
@RavenWolf @LordMalak The question both of you asked is answered in the exact same post that you took the quote from. I'm sorry, but I'm not going to answer the same question 3 times. That's too much for me. I'll send in a reads later.
While researching for my reads list, I found that only 5 people voted, one of which being a placeholder vote by, guess who, @TyrianCallows. Out of a 20 player game, 2 or 3 said don't lynch, so why did no one else vote?
While researching for my reads list, I found that only 5 people voted, one of which being a placeholder vote by, guess who, @TyrianCallows. Out of a 20 player game, 2 or 3 said don't lynch, so why did no one else vote?
1 2 ... 21 22 23 24 25 ... 98 99