Back

Forum Games

Play word and forum games here.
TOPIC | B?!RD MAFIA Discussion Thread [FIN]
1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 41 42
Introductions! List nicknames, preferred pronouns, active times, and anything else you feel we should know:
Heya! YaBoiGuzma here, though some of you may know me by my old username, BlueAlphyn885. You can call me whatever you want though, as long as I can tell you're referring to me. I could really care less about pronouns, so call me whatever floats your boat. I'm FR+3, and am usually most active during the evening, as college keeps me busy during the day.

Do you have any prior experience with mafia games? Recognize anybody else here?
I'd like to think I have enough. I stopped keeping track around 20 games, and now I think it's closer to 30, so I'd like to think I have a decent amout of experience. That being said, I haven't played properly in a while, so I may be rusty. And actually this is the first game in a while where I think I'm unfamiliar with the majority of the players :o I do however recognize Storm, Leremis, blanetgender, Winterreise, Shadow, and raiccoon.

Are you a miller or other negative utility? (Basically a town-aligned power role with effects that harm town)
Nope.

What's your stance on day 1 lynches?
90% of the time I'm in support of them. Lynching is our only chance of catching the mafia, and I'd really rather not have us all be sitting ducks (ha) when the mafia comes around to kill at night, ya feel? That being said, it is worth noting that this is a relatively small game, so the mislynches we make here are more heavily weighted than those of a larger game, so let's make some informed decisions and make them count.

What's your personal meta/playstyle?
You could say I'm a lot like a faucet...

But other than that, I'd like to think that my meta is something that's very situational. In games full of newbie players I tend to take charge and be vocal, whereas in games full of vets I tend to be much more soft-spoken. I'm a joker, but I'll be damned if I let my humor derail good, productive conversation.

What's your preferred method of scumhunting?
Ask good, probing questions and see how people react. Watch for waffly and/or fence-sitting opinions, as well as people whose claims don't line up and whose logic runs in circles. Take note of any associatives. That sorta thing.

On a scale of 1 to Ice Cube, how cool are you?
Now what's cooler than being cool? ICE COLD.

Anything else you'd like to add?
If you're sussing me in a post, please ping me so that I can give a proper defense/explanation. I don't like it when people talk behind my back.
Introductions! List nicknames, preferred pronouns, active times, and anything else you feel we should know:
Heya! YaBoiGuzma here, though some of you may know me by my old username, BlueAlphyn885. You can call me whatever you want though, as long as I can tell you're referring to me. I could really care less about pronouns, so call me whatever floats your boat. I'm FR+3, and am usually most active during the evening, as college keeps me busy during the day.

Do you have any prior experience with mafia games? Recognize anybody else here?
I'd like to think I have enough. I stopped keeping track around 20 games, and now I think it's closer to 30, so I'd like to think I have a decent amout of experience. That being said, I haven't played properly in a while, so I may be rusty. And actually this is the first game in a while where I think I'm unfamiliar with the majority of the players :o I do however recognize Storm, Leremis, blanetgender, Winterreise, Shadow, and raiccoon.

Are you a miller or other negative utility? (Basically a town-aligned power role with effects that harm town)
Nope.

What's your stance on day 1 lynches?
90% of the time I'm in support of them. Lynching is our only chance of catching the mafia, and I'd really rather not have us all be sitting ducks (ha) when the mafia comes around to kill at night, ya feel? That being said, it is worth noting that this is a relatively small game, so the mislynches we make here are more heavily weighted than those of a larger game, so let's make some informed decisions and make them count.

What's your personal meta/playstyle?
You could say I'm a lot like a faucet...

But other than that, I'd like to think that my meta is something that's very situational. In games full of newbie players I tend to take charge and be vocal, whereas in games full of vets I tend to be much more soft-spoken. I'm a joker, but I'll be damned if I let my humor derail good, productive conversation.

What's your preferred method of scumhunting?
Ask good, probing questions and see how people react. Watch for waffly and/or fence-sitting opinions, as well as people whose claims don't line up and whose logic runs in circles. Take note of any associatives. That sorta thing.

On a scale of 1 to Ice Cube, how cool are you?
Now what's cooler than being cool? ICE COLD.

Anything else you'd like to add?
If you're sussing me in a post, please ping me so that I can give a proper defense/explanation. I don't like it when people talk behind my back.
download-3.png FR+3
Any pronouns
Sell me your frogs!
[quote name="YaBoiGuzma" date=2017-04-19 16:12:20] Introductions! List nicknames, preferred pronouns, active times, and anything else you feel we should know: Heya! YaBoiGuzma here, though some of you may know me by my old username, BlueAlphyn885. You can call me whatever you want though, as long as I can tell you're referring to me. I could really care less about pronouns, so call me whatever floats your boat. I'm FR+3, and am usually most active during the evening, as college keeps me busy during the day. [/quote] [i]*knocks chair over*[/i] I recognise that name! I've played with you before, on the DETERMINATION Mafia game hosted by Bequerel :D
YaBoiGuzma wrote on 2017-04-19:

*knocks chair over*

I recognise that name! I've played with you before, on the DETERMINATION Mafia game hosted by Bequerel :D
XgFzLz3.gif
[quote name="Harpies" date=2017-04-19 16:14:32] [quote name="YaBoiGuzma" date=2017-04-19 16:12:20] Introductions! List nicknames, preferred pronouns, active times, and anything else you feel we should know: Heya! YaBoiGuzma here, though some of you may know me by my old username, BlueAlphyn885. You can call me whatever you want though, as long as I can tell you're referring to me. I could really care less about pronouns, so call me whatever floats your boat. I'm FR+3, and am usually most active during the evening, as college keeps me busy during the day. [/quote] [i]*knocks chair over*[/i] I recognise that name! I've played with you before, on the DETERMINATION Mafia game hosted by Bequerel :D [/quote] Ah, I remember that game. I had a lot of fun with that one. I loved it almost as much as I love sardines.
Harpies wrote on 2017-04-19:

*knocks chair over*

I recognise that name! I've played with you before, on the DETERMINATION Mafia game hosted by Bequerel :D

Ah, I remember that game. I had a lot of fun with that one. I loved it almost as much as I love sardines.
download-3.png FR+3
Any pronouns
Sell me your frogs!
[quote name="YaBoiGuzma" date=2017-04-19 19:04:00] [quote name="Harpies" date=2017-04-19 16:14:32] [quote name="YaBoiGuzma" date=2017-04-19 16:12:20] Introductions! List nicknames, preferred pronouns, active times, and anything else you feel we should know: Heya! YaBoiGuzma here, though some of you may know me by my old username, BlueAlphyn885. You can call me whatever you want though, as long as I can tell you're referring to me. I could really care less about pronouns, so call me whatever floats your boat. I'm FR+3, and am usually most active during the evening, as college keeps me busy during the day. [/quote] [i]*knocks chair over*[/i] I recognise that name! I've played with you before, on the DETERMINATION Mafia game hosted by Bequerel :D [/quote] Ah, I remember that game. I had a lot of fun with that one. I loved it almost as much as I love sardines. [/quote] Welp, yeah.
Harpies wrote on 2017-04-19:

*knocks chair over*

Ah, I remember that game. I had a lot of fun with that one. I loved it almost as much as I love sardines.

Welp, yeah.
XgFzLz3.gif
@leremis
thank you for your input :'> (and not ignoring me)
@leremis
thank you for your input :'> (and not ignoring me)
[quote name="@Winterreise" date=2017-04-19 07:05:41] omg y'all. are y'all really not gonna comment on me sussing @ librenoctre because i need the opinion of others :/ don't wanna waste time sussing the wrong people x3 [/quote] There's something about the tone of this post that really gives me a weird gut feeling. I can't exactly tell if it's mafia trying to urge us to say "hey guys, look at me, look at me doing a 'town' thing and being 'helpful'", or if it's just a general frustrated townie trying to urge productive conversation. For now I'm inclined to believe the latter though, as there is a lot of fluffposting going on, and you do seem to be trying to at least move things along. So for today I'm at least inclined to let you do ya thang. In response to your sussing based on tone, I have never played with Librenoctre before in my entire time on here (at least I don't believe... I wasn't in MM long enough for that to count), so I can't really say if the slight likeness between their typing styles is alignment indicative, or if it's just how they type in general. It'd be best to look at a game where they've been town as well and see if the same quirks are present, if they have one on record. There is however something that pings me off about their response, but I'd like to address that in a fresh post.
@Winterreise wrote on 2017-04-19:
omg y'all. are y'all really not gonna comment on me sussing @ librenoctre because i need the opinion of others :/ don't wanna waste time sussing the wrong people x3
There's something about the tone of this post that really gives me a weird gut feeling. I can't exactly tell if it's mafia trying to urge us to say "hey guys, look at me, look at me doing a 'town' thing and being 'helpful'", or if it's just a general frustrated townie trying to urge productive conversation. For now I'm inclined to believe the latter though, as there is a lot of fluffposting going on, and you do seem to be trying to at least move things along. So for today I'm at least inclined to let you do ya thang.

In response to your sussing based on tone, I have never played with Librenoctre before in my entire time on here (at least I don't believe... I wasn't in MM long enough for that to count), so I can't really say if the slight likeness between their typing styles is alignment indicative, or if it's just how they type in general. It'd be best to look at a game where they've been town as well and see if the same quirks are present, if they have one on record.

There is however something that pings me off about their response, but I'd like to address that in a fresh post.
download-3.png FR+3
Any pronouns
Sell me your frogs!
@yaboiguzma
i have an insecurity when sussing people because I have a history of sussing the wrong people before. werelynx in pencil smudges, crowlich in spy's venom, and oricole in train of kites. so unless/until i have a better track record at finding scum, i have decided to ask the opinion of others first. because if i am left ignored and the other person does not defend/does not defend well enough such that i can continue to counter it, then i will continue to assume that my suspicion is correct. also, i posted that post (the one you quoted) after no one replied to a longer post where i asked everyone for their thoughts.

smol bird is smol
@yaboiguzma
i have an insecurity when sussing people because I have a history of sussing the wrong people before. werelynx in pencil smudges, crowlich in spy's venom, and oricole in train of kites. so unless/until i have a better track record at finding scum, i have decided to ask the opinion of others first. because if i am left ignored and the other person does not defend/does not defend well enough such that i can continue to counter it, then i will continue to assume that my suspicion is correct. also, i posted that post (the one you quoted) after no one replied to a longer post where i asked everyone for their thoughts.

smol bird is smol
[quote name="@LibreNoctre" date=2017-04-18 20:50:08] @ Winterreise Still, you had very little evidence, just vibes, and i hadn't even defended myself. i usually atleast wait until the person i'm suspicious at responds before do anything like that. Saying two people are mafia just like that is really pinging me off. I'm squinting at you, that's for sure. [b]I did get defensive, but it was mostly a surprised kind of defensive, because i wasn't expecting this so early.[/b] Blue are the streets and all the trees are too.~ [/quote] [s]So, first off, if you're not at least [i]trying[/i] to be a bluebird, I'm going to be very dissapointed.[/s] Second off, I've highlighted the part of your defense that's making me squint a little bit. This game is all about sussing and being sussed, so why weren't you expecting to get squinted at? What [i]were[/i] you expecting to happen day 1?
@LibreNoctre wrote on 2017-04-18:
@ Winterreise

Still, you had very little evidence, just vibes, and i hadn't even defended myself. i usually atleast wait until the person i'm suspicious at responds before do anything like that. Saying two people are mafia just like that is really pinging me off. I'm squinting at you, that's for sure. I did get defensive, but it was mostly a surprised kind of defensive, because i wasn't expecting this so early.

Blue are the streets and all the trees are too.~

So, first off, if you're not at least trying to be a bluebird, I'm going to be very dissapointed.
Second off, I've highlighted the part of your defense that's making me squint a little bit. This game is all about sussing and being sussed, so why weren't you expecting to get squinted at? What were you expecting to happen day 1?
download-3.png FR+3
Any pronouns
Sell me your frogs!
Oh, and I still really love sardines, so if anybody has some, hmu, would ya?
Oh, and I still really love sardines, so if anybody has some, hmu, would ya?
download-3.png FR+3
Any pronouns
Sell me your frogs!
btw, @librenoctre has been active elsewhere :/ in other forums. around the time i replied to @leremis, libre has posted somewhere else 18 mins before, which means they'd have received the pings for me reply to them and they'd chosen not to reply.
btw, @librenoctre has been active elsewhere :/ in other forums. around the time i replied to @leremis, libre has posted somewhere else 18 mins before, which means they'd have received the pings for me reply to them and they'd chosen not to reply.
1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 41 42